[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the hate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9

File: 1469618120393.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469618120393.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Why the hate?
>>
>>149172196
The VN was a mixed bag but most enjoyed it. The anime was an abomination. Do the right thing and always read the source material.
>>
>>149172785
There's so much wrong with this comment
First of all, the anime is an original route not adapted in the VN. So reading the source material wouldn't matter.

Second of all, the VN is fucking great you shit
>>
File: 58658551_p0.png (968KB, 588x688px) Image search: [Google]
58658551_p0.png
968KB, 588x688px
>>149172196
Kagari route was trash eve if her new character was alright,
should've sticked with Kotori's route.
>>
>>149172196
VN elitist fags
>>
Not enough oppai jokes.
Not enough feecof
>>
>>149172825
The VN was consistently good and kept me interested until the end, but looking back, there's a lot of things wrong with it in terms of coherency and plot holes. It feels like it was written by five different people. The last route was what really killed it for me. though. Moon managed to set the stage for a grand final, but Terra was a straight up disappointment.
>>
>>149172196
Because it's not even 'Rewrite' anymore. Besides, does anyone seriously liked it?
>>
>>149173063
There really was 3 different writers so plot holes are unavoidable. Also, Terra was beautiful. The ending was rushed but it's still far from bad.
>>
>>149173144
I did. Also waiting for s2
>>
>>149173446
In what way do you like it? Are you an anime-only? Almost all VN readers hate it.
>>
>>149172196
I've read the light novel, but I suspect its because people didn't like the fact that it ended on a proper ending with the good guys actually winning for a change. I'm happy they won't make a season 2 for it and ruin everything.
>>
>>149173645
I read the VN and I still enjoyed it
It's silly to expect the adaptation to be 100% faithful to the VN
>>
>>149173063
>>149173254
What plotholes are you guys talking about in particular? My only gripe with the VN was that Lucia's route could be summarized in about 5 minutes and simply took a bit too long
>>
>>149173645
>>149173688
I read the VN and think it's a 9/10, also I literally don't understand people that don't understand this is an original route so obviously it's not going to be faithful.

Anime-only people probably wouldn't even understand what makes it so good
>>
>>149173657

But they will make a season 2
>>
>>149172196
all ages trash shit
>>
>>149173688
It's not about being faithful. Horrible pacing, directing and Tenshou doesn't even understand Rewrite. It's ok to write a different story since it's unavoidable but at least he should stick with the concept. He's even contradicting what he originally wrote. Rewriting 10 times instantly and even able to attack without faltering?
>>
>>149174002
How is that a plothole?
>>
File: 1293417007898.jpg (77KB, 453x435px) Image search: [Google]
1293417007898.jpg
77KB, 453x435px
Started out ok and seemed interesting, then everyone dies a sad death in the end for some retarded reason
>>
>>149173773
A lot actually. Chihaya and Shizuru routes are written by Tonokawa Yuuto, Lucia by Ryuukishi07 and the remaining by Tanaka Romeo. An example would be, Kagari shouldn't be able to talk in the 5 heroine routes because she doesn't have enough time to gather intelligence at that point but is able to talk in Chihaya's.
>>
>>149173657
Are you in the posting in the right thread buddy?
>>
>>149174269
Yes, it ended with the one girl on the moon and humanity destroyed. A good ending as the obviously good organization managed to complete their goal.
>>
>>149174002
>horrible pacing
this comes up a lot and I see the point, but you are given a limited # of episodes to adapt an gigantic VN with multiple routes.
There simply isn't a way to adapt this with "good" pacing. I'd also argue that the VN itself doesn't have the best pacing either
>>
>>149174131
Everytime MC rewrites, he needs time to get used to it new body and new knowledge. But he just rewrote 10 times instantly. He shouldn't be even able to stand up for a while if he did that. Hell, he should've vomit blood at that point first.
>>
>>149174257
i have a lot of question about rewrite, here is onewhy kagari doesnt´have enough intelligence if she has being "alive" for ten years?i mean that should be enough time to collect memories and shit
>>
>>149174375
I know bro but it's not my main point
>>
>>149174316
I cut myself reading that.
>>
>>149172196
Rewrite? More like REEEEEEwrite! Am I write?
>>
>>149172196
>Sakuya does nothing
>Midou controlling Earth Dragon
>KEY coffee meme at full force every fucking episode
It makes the LB! adaptations 1st season look good
>>
>>149174660
>fun things are fun
Shocking
>>
>>149172196
>everyone died
wtf who does that, I wanted a cute ending
>>
>>149174460
Good question. I doubt it would be explained in the anime so I'll explain it to you. Suzaki caught Kagari 10 years ago and made her in a coma state. That's why in the timeline of the 5 heroine routes, Suzaki's faction is stronger than Kashima's. The city of stone has greatly expanded, there are no dino familiars seen (It's Kashima's familiars) and Kashima herself was weakened. Suzaki said that Kagari escaped a year ago so I think that's when Kotori start doing her Druid responsibilities. If ever Kagari was not captured, Kotori should be protecting her for 10 years. Kotori said that if ever she had 10 years to expand her territory, she could cover the whole forrest meaning, she will be the strongest faction in all.
>>
>>149174660
>Sakuya does nothing
I'm glad I left this in my backlog.
>>
>>149174660
LB was fun even if they did remove the romance from the routes unnecessarily. A lot of the rest of the adaptation was pretty true to the novel.
>>
>>149173773
Here's a few things that should have been explained, but, as far as I know, weren't. I'm not sure if I just missed anything, though, correct me if I'm wrong.:

1. The barrier inside Kotarou's room that one time Kagari came to visit him.

2. Kotarou randomly getting thrown into the Grey City. They mentioned that there'd be a lot of ways for the summoners to enter and leave it, but why he kept getting there so incoherently made no sense.

3. The dogs attacking Kotarou with pretty much the intent to kill. They shouldn't act without actually being given a command, and with that one news-club girl as an example, people who enter the Grey City randomly are simply knocked out and have their memories erased, not killed.

4. The looping hallway and the field at the end of Kotori's route. I first thought it was connected to the realm of the Grey City, but when the concepts and rules of it were explained, these things too made no sense.

5. When they explained how the Grey City worked, they said that it was notably larger than the original Kazamatsuri. Yet in a different route, they mentioned how they'd have problems settling everyone from the original city over due to a lack of space.

I don't even want to get started on the whole Kotarou coma bullshit, because that was literally the biggest nonsense of all the vn.
>>
>>149174810
ok, thanks for answering. it's been so long since i read rewrite so i dont remember much about some plot point. Here is another question about the moon route: how is posible for a moon kagari to exist? i mean she is supposed to be a familiar born from the will of the planet, but how a dead planet like the moon is capable of such a feat?, does that mean the moon is alive?
>>
>>149175171
She's from Earth technically because the Moon split off and used to be lush like it is in Moon until it spent all its energy reviving Earth several times from what I remember
>>
>>149175021
That's a lot of hate specially Kotarou's coma. That's one of the greatest.
1. The barrier in Kotarou's room is I think Kagari's powers.
2. A lot of people get thrown in the grey city.
3.The dogs merely attacked him but with no intention to kill. He will simply be drugged to forgot what he saw if he ever was captured. You just answered your own question here. -_-
4. In what particular way did it make no sense? Not sarcastically asking, but in what way?
5. I never read any part where the grey city is larger than Kazamatsuri. If you consider the inhabitable part then maybe yes but the oxygen there is so thin.

Also, HOW IS KOTAROU'S COMA BULLSHIT? It's 4chan so I guess it's ok to rant like child? lol
>>
File: 57196849_p0.png (3MB, 1320x1832px) Image search: [Google]
57196849_p0.png
3MB, 1320x1832px
>>149175021
I can answer some of those.
>2. Kotarou randomly getting thrown into the Grey City.
That was just him being curious and chasing UMAs, many people get inside the Grey City without being aware of it, but Kotarou apparently had a talent to perceive inconsistencies because of muh daily life.

>4. The looping hallway and the field at the end of Kotori's route
The field at the end of Kotori's route was just a really big field, nothing weird with that one.
As for who was the person that appeared at the end, I believe it was Akane.

>5. When they explained how the Grey City worked
Yes, the Grey City is bigger than Kazamatsuri, but just in raw space; Gaia was still constructing the city. That's why there wasn't enough space when the evacuation occurred.
>>
>>149175258
oh right, the hypotheses of the moon formation, that make sense. What exactly is moon kotarou and how did he appear in the moon?
>>
>>149175519
He gets drawn there from having part of Kagari inside his body
>>
>>149175258
I don't think the moon split off. A part of the earth's life energy went to the moon because of what you said, the Earth being revived repeatedly. Try reading the 'memory' in the VN. I think it was explained there.
>>
>>149175021
2. They need plenty of entrances and exits to hide from Guardian, and the places they chose were hardly random.
3. They sensed the Key's powers inside of him and attacked. Their aim is the Key after all.
4. Could have been a massive circle. Either way, Grey City has no set rules. There was the massive room under the school for example, which doesn't exist in Kazamatsuri proper.
5. Grey City is a brain-child of the summoners supporting it. It's not like it's going to be a 1:1 replica and they would have needed a lot more preparation to house the people living there. It was only prepared for Gaia members in the first place.

Koutarou's coma isn't really bullshit, considering he's Kotori's familiar at that point. Even with life given by the lifepower given by the Key and Kotori he still had heavy damage done to him and would have been in a coma anyway from the shock done to his system.
>>
>>149175607
Ok, you're right about the moon splitting off but still, the aurora was not there until the Earth is close to being dried up. That's when the life force start flowing from Earth to moon.
>>
>>149175437
1. Nice assumption, but that's not an explanation. Kagari never showed these powers in other routes, nor was it mentioned otherwise.

2. Kotarou got thrown there like four fucking times in the common route, that can't be passed off as a coincidence. They said that "it happens sometimes", but not like that

3. Monster dogs lunging at you with their fangs does not seem like an effective way to merely knock someone out.

4. Because they realm of the Grey City is a finite space. Things don't magically loop there. Are you dumb? In Kotori's route, they literally walked a circle while heading straight. This indeed makes no sense.

5. I don't know where it was, but I'm 100% sure they explicitly gave a number on how many people could be fit into the housing of the Grey City.

And why's his coma bullshit? Because it's bullshit. If you read the last route and understand the chronology of the events that happen there, you should know that fucking nothing makes sense
>>
>>149175477
>The field at the end of Kotori's route was just a really big field, nothing weird with that one.

I suggest you re-read that. They run away, and literally come back at the shed they left.
>>
Stop talking about stupid shit like plot and start talking about best girl, namely Akane.
>>
>>149175753
>4. Because they realm of the Grey City is a finite space. Things don't magically loop there. Are you dumb? In Kotori's route, they literally walked a circle while heading straight. This indeed makes no sense.
The field in Kotori's route had been a separate confined space set up by Gaia to trap the Key. Of course they couldn't escape.
>>
>>149175823
I was talking about the field at the END, not THAT field.
Just kidding, I get what you meant.
>>
>>149175882
hitlerfag pls
>>
File: horriblesubsrewrite-1soy0u.jpg (134KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
horriblesubsrewrite-1soy0u.jpg
134KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>149175753
1. I don't know either. Who cares.
2. I don't know the answer but I can assume that with harvest festa closing, Gaia is doing a lot of transporting familiars so the trigger might come a lot. Besides, almost no one believes in occult so everyone just assumes its just their mind. Also, Kotarou was always wandering in the slums so...
3. They're just lunging come on. How would you know how the drugged others was knocked out if they didn't remember it? Besides, Kotarou somewhat showed his hunter powers to them so the summoners assume he's from guardian.
4. The hell man? I'm just asking for clarification since I don't remember Kotori route much. Walking in circles was not a contradiction. It happened a lot didn't it? You're the dumb one.
5. I just explained. The city of stone is larger than Kazamatsuri but in terms of space but only a small part is habitable.

I don't know why you call it bullshit. Explain it if you're not dumb. If ever you're talking about the Terra route, it's timeline is different to the original and that's why it really is not chronological.
>>
>>149176195
As it is nearly 5am where I live it pretty much is.
>>
>>149175571
all right, thanks for the answers anon. One last question about rewrite: what exactly are "good memories"
>>
>>149176516
Humans living in harmony. That's why Koutarou had to stop the fighting.
>>
>>149176196
Ok, let's forget about the forget about those five points, it's mostly just theories vs. expecting clear explanations anyway. So here's why I think the whole coma shit made no sense:

Terra shows us what happened shortly before Kotarou fell into a coma (in the other routes at least), which reveals that he was already around 17 while everyone else was about 6-7 years old. They show how he met Akane, Kotori and even Yoshino all during that time. Now in the timeline where he falls into a coma, it's implied that he stops aging due to becoming some kind of familiar-human hybrid. Since it's said multiple times that he went to middle school together with Kotori, this where I think it becomes strange. How come it strikes no one who was previously acquainted with him as weird how he hasn't aged in around 6-7 years (assuming that Kotori was around 13-14 when he woke up)? How can he just go to middle school without people considering that he has the body of a young adult? Why does NO ONE who has met him back then talk to him about his coma or how he's pretty much stopped aging? Are they all on a secret plot to conceal it from him? Yoshino even says that he was his role model later on, which implies that he clearly knows who he is. I just don't get that
>>
>>149176609
>Why does NO ONE who has met him back then talk to him about his coma or how he's pretty much stopped aging
Kotori was the one who made the Key heal him, Akane was a hollow shell of a human, and I don't remember Yoshino ever meeting Kotarou before the bad end in Terra. His buddies back in the unit remember him, which can be seen in various subtle ways such as when Imamiya helps him out while looking for a camera, and Esaka having sandwiches with him and joking around like old times. Also, I believe he changed his face/physique at one point but I can't remember if that happens before the bad end.
>>
File: 57980599_p0.jpg (405KB, 3507x4960px) Image search: [Google]
57980599_p0.jpg
405KB, 3507x4960px
>>149176516
>>149176560
good memories is not just humans living in harmony,
Moon made that clear since there's no possible outcome where this happens, good memories also means hope and progress through a desire that comes from an honest heart, that's why Kotarou's note was so relevant to find the answer
>>
>>149176609
>Since it's said multiple times that he went to middle school together with Kotori
It's said this by Kotarou. He's not a reliable narrator, at least not when it comes to his own life.
>How come it strikes no one who was previously acquainted with him as weird how he hasn't aged in around 6-7 years
They're in on it.
>>
>>149176516
Good memories are literally Humanity Fuck Yeah
>>
REWRITE OF ZE RAIF
>>
>>149176773
>and I don't remember Yoshino ever meeting Kotarou before the bad end in Terra.

In the city, I don't remember exactly when, but he does. And yes, I didn't mention the people from Guardian, because it makes sense they'd keep it secret and actually could. However, no one else making any implications whatsoever is just straight up bullshit imo
>>
>>149176868
hoping it's the OP of the 2nd season
>>
>>149176818
No, he did confess to her in middle school and appears to have very clear memories of it, it can't be something that Kotori simply made up, so it can be assumed that this was about the time when he recovered
>>
File: 1432622866865.jpg (119KB, 425x600px) Image search: [Google]
1432622866865.jpg
119KB, 425x600px
>>149172196
Shizuru is my waifu.
>>
>>149176963
>No, he did confess to her in middle school and appears to have very clear memories of it,
What part of "unreliable narrator" didn't you understand?
>>
>>149177041
Dude, even Kotori refers to it at some point. It happened, this is not something only he thought up
>>
>>149176560
but that only stop one fight, thats the problem i have with this resolution, that every fight in earth ends by stopping gaia and guardian
>>149176791
i can dig that, but that also make me wonder, why only kotarou was able of such a feat?, i mean moon aside, he is just one against the world.
>>
>>149177041
>>149177115
>I'm an incredibly ordinary person
>except I have super powers xD fooled ya
what a fucking fuck
>>
>>149176609
It's not bullshit but you have a point. But it's not like I haven't noticed that VERY obvious contradiction. Your hateness to this only summed up to one simple contradiction where MC confessed to Kotori in middle school. He should've woke up 10 years after. All his classmates knew about the coma but I think they didn't know it was that long and they were careful not to tell it abruptly to him. He doesn't have too many friends to know where he was now. Even if there is, they were taken care of by guardian. Yoshino doesn't know who Kotarou was before even if he met him but there are a lot of theories like Yoshino's 'brother' was Kotarou. There was a point where he talks about that. But only theories and none of them contradicts anything. The only contradiction was the confession.
>>
>>149177277
>Yoshino doesn't know who Kotarou was before
Yes, he does. He meets him in Terra, he makes his identity obvious through his behaviour and Kotarou even mentions that he's about Kotori's age. Please just re-read it or something, there's enough references and quotes that suggest that it's 100% the way I said. Like the quote "You're not the person that I used to look up to!" when he gets upset over Kotarou's behaviour in one route.

Also don't misunderstand. I enjoyed Rewrite a lot and I don't regret reading it at all, I'm just bothered by a lot of things.
>>
>>149174932

I always thought that they removed the romance because it isn't a necessary part of the routes and you can explain his actions for the heroines because they are his friend.

With Kurugaya though, the route doesn't work without romance. It would need to be heavily rewritten instead of the other ones where it just isn't present because it doesn't really add anything to the story.

And besides, for people just watching the anime it would make 0 sense for Riki to be getting a new girlfriend every few episodes, by removing the romance it actually flows and doesn't hint about the world getting reset after he helps each girl. But with the end of Kurugaya's route the viewer should finally realize that something is up, and Rin's route confirms this.

I actually love that about Little Busters, I personally had no idea what was going on at all or that time was being reset until the end of Kurugaya's route (I didn't do Rin1 and 2 until after Kurugaya) because in a game format starting a new game works like any other VN, but in LB it's that the world actually reset and you Riki retains stat levels and such proving that he's growing stronger, there was some dialogue that was added with subsequent playthroughs that was unread so it stopped there, but if it wasn't an entirely new scene it was something like Masato saying to Rin "Are you sure you've never pitched before?" which is really vague.
>>
>>149177547
No no no. I think you're the one who misunderstands. I have read Terra hundreds of times so I'm quite sure of what I'm saying. Though I might be wrong at some points. As I said it was really not clear. He shouldn't have known Kotarou was the one who saved him. His personalities and age was hell different. The theory was that there was a time where Yoshino was talking about his 'aniki' and it might be referring to Kotarou but he shouldn't have known it was Kotarou all along. Besides, If he knew Kotarou, he should've been taken care of by guardian by making him forget about him.
I don't know who you are anon and which replies you did so I didn't think that you regret it at all.
>>
>>149176773

IIRC we never actually learned was Kotarou's original face looked like since he does all of this before his coma, he said he made a few adjustments to it that was enough to make him look like a different person, but not entirely different from his original one.
>>
>>149177899
My posts started with >>149175021

Pretty much nothing else left to say. Some people here have made really good points, but I still think a lot of it is debatable. Either way, have a good night.
>>
>>149178104
Yes debatable but a lot are just theories coz they didn't have a lot of time to explain things. Terra ending is rushed af.
Also, I just responded and got agitated when you said the coma is bs. I never said that you hate Rewrite itself.
>>
The anime is fun to watch I didn't mind it at all, it felt like reading a new route. Just kind of dumb how the key is this thing that is the end goal of guardian and gaia but in the anime she's running around between the forest gaia base and the city and even school. They portrayed guardian and gaia as dumb, hope we get to see Luis next season. A true hero.
>>
I think it was the best Key game to date. Though Little Busters had the most fun side games. I still want to play the baseball one sometimes.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.