[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are they still working on this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: despera.jpg (252KB, 1000x1321px) Image search: [Google]
despera.jpg
252KB, 1000x1321px
Are they still working on this?
>>
>>149160603
ABe said that they'd found a new director but that was years ago and has been the only news we've heard since Nakamura's death. They might be, but no news in almost two years can only be a bad thing.
>>
>>149160766
That's a real shame
>>
I'm going to sadly go with no.

ABe was never as in control and focused as Nakamura was on Despera, which would have been Nakamura's magnum opus I'd think.

We don't even know who the "new director" is.

Besides, there's no more room for things like Despera to get off the ground. The industry really stopped supporting stuff like this, that's why you don't so Chiaki J. Konaka working on much anymore.
>>
>>149160603
>Despera never
>Cencoroll 2 never
>Aoki Uru never
>Dream Machine never
>PSG S2 never
>Eva 4.0 never
>Spice and Wolf S3 never
>Front Innocent episode 2 never
>Time of Eve continuation never

Although mythical things like Full Metal Panic S3 and Kizumonogatari happend, the list of anime that we wait to this day is always growing
>>
Maybe we'll get it by 2020

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-01-10/yoshitoshi-abe-despera-project-is-moving-forward-with-new-director/.83127
>>
I'm losing hope guys.
>>
File: 82029.jpg (46KB, 225x317px) Image search: [Google]
82029.jpg
46KB, 225x317px
>>149163448
We also got Kyousogiga TV (even if it was shit), and are about to get LWA TV and this.
>>
File: kill.gif (919KB, 170x196px) Image search: [Google]
kill.gif
919KB, 170x196px
why cant they make good anime anymore?
>>
You will surely get the Despera soon, with MAPPA funding it with unlimited budget and Hiroshi Hamasaki taking over as director.

...Right after they release Dreaming Machine.
>>
File: ryushika sad1.jpg (144KB, 404x424px) Image search: [Google]
ryushika sad1.jpg
144KB, 404x424px
>>149160603
One can always hope, right?
>>
File: Despera.jpg (20KB, 267x301px) Image search: [Google]
Despera.jpg
20KB, 267x301px
>>
>>149163900
when is this airing
>>
>>149160603
Maybe
>>
is this Lain? Are they making another series?
>>
>>149163448
Eva was put into a pause for Godzilla
>>
>>149163052
>The industry really stopped supporting stuff like this, that's why you don't so Chiaki J. Konaka working on much anymore.

I think your comment definitely applies to Yasuyuki Ueda, because he's never been able to exert such immense artistic control over any show as a producer since he did lain or Texhnolyze, much less work on any kind of passion project (a look at any of his more recent producer credits is evidence enough).

It seems the main reason Konaka wasn't around was just that he took a break from the anime industry altogether. He indicated that he had just been writing for the past few years, and Japanese wiki says that he had or has a screenwriting gig at a film school.

Still dunno where Shishou Series is though.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.