[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If anime is mostly targeted toward teens and young adults, isnt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 12-30-13_allanime.jpg (303KB, 1600x728px) Image search: [Google]
12-30-13_allanime.jpg
303KB, 1600x728px
If anime is mostly targeted toward teens and young adults, isnt it kind of against the point to price blurays at such ridiculously high prices?

I get that theres a small consumer base but isnt it still kind of weird to target a demographic audience that have no way of reasonably purchasing the actual show they like?
>>
On another note: why do Japanese publishers still do 3+ volumes for like 12 episode shows? How does any normal Japanese person have the shelf space for this shit?
>>
I'll never understand why people don't open their anime. Why collect it if you can watch it.

Also, yeah, it defeats the purpose to have such a high price tag on anime. It's unsustainable. That's why every time the anime bubble gets too bloated it bursts.
>>
>>149155031
>If anime is mostly targeted toward teens and young adults
It's not.
>>149155117
>moe sol series
>sell more than any other genre
They don't.
>>149155266
>How does any normal Japanese person have the shelf space for this shit?
>normal
They don't.

This thread is shit.
>>
>>149155364
>Why collect it if you can't* watch it.

>>
File: 1437368091935.jpg (96KB, 444x444px) Image search: [Google]
1437368091935.jpg
96KB, 444x444px
>>149155390

Great argument, friendo. You really explained your reasoning and gave a good, insightful view of the world of bluray purchasing in Japan.
>>
>>149155266
Since when were you under the impression that "normal" people of any nationality bought this stuff?
>>
>>149155696

You fucking faggots are reading way too much into this shit. Nobody, anime faggot or not, has enough shelf space to horde multiple volumes of oversized bluray cases that only hold 2-3 episodes, especially not the Japanese.
>>
Anime makes money with merch not with disk sales.
>>
>>149156158

Then why sell them for stupid high prices?
>>
>>149156269
Because lowering the price does not increase sales.
>>
>>149156269
Because the number of sales doesn't change that much if they lower the price.
>>
>>149155031
Here's a nice writeup about it.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2012-03-07
>>
>>149156403

Yeah, I've read it. I get it. It just doesnt make sense why the industry claims to target highschool to early-late 20s as its audience but still charges high prices for excessive volumes when most of these people cant reasonably buy them.
>>
>>149156669
Just because you spend most of your cash on meaningless crap like legal drugs and parties doesn't mean anime fans do.
>>
>>149156669
Because very few people would buy blurays of shows they watched anyway. It is free online after all.
>>
>>149156669
Streaming, TV broadcasts and all the other free legal ways you can watch anime are for everyone so that the franchise gets popular, sells merchandise and the source (manga, LN, VN, magazine) gets a sale boost.
BDs are for renting services and for lonely salary men and women with too much money.

As good as no one in Japan buys the BDs to watch the series the first time, you can find other, way cheaper ways there to do that, and even legally.
Only dedicated fans buy them.
>>
>>149156713

Hey man, dont talk shit about my drugs. I am NOT compromising my purchasing of them for chinese cartoons
>>
File: spaceballs_the_jpeg.jpg (77KB, 1023x556px) Image search: [Google]
spaceballs_the_jpeg.jpg
77KB, 1023x556px
>>149155031
One BD may contain as few as two episodes, going for maybe up to 6,000 JPY.
But those two episodes may have cost as much as 100,000,000 JPY to produce.
If we're talking pure gross, that means they'd have to sell 16,667 to break even at that price, and even more when you consider net.
Most shows don't even sell in the four-digits per volume, and that number just goes down the further into a season it is.
If they're going to actually make money off of this shit, the answer is in advertising and merchandising. The BD sales cover so little of the total profits that they don't have to undersell it.
>>
>>149155031
Anime is watched by teens and young adults, who then buy manga, LNs, merch, whatever. BDs are for the hardcore fans.

>he thinks BD sales still matter that much
>>
>>149157219
>Most shows don't even sell in the four-digits per volume,
Yamakan please. Stop shitposting on /a/ and go back to being a failure.
>>
>>149157836
Fuck off already, you piece of shit tripfag.
>>
>>149156074
>Nobody, anime faggot or not, has enough shelf space to horde multiple volumes of oversized bluray cases that only hold 2-3 episodes,

Try not being incredibly poor
>>
What did I say to get deleted? All I asked was why do sales of anime not increase with a decrease in price.
>>
>>149160687
>a dozen titles on his shelf
So what, try being marginally poor?
>>
>>149161312
>hurr durr, I can't tell that's only a small part of the shelf
>>
>>149161158
Because disks are a collector item, and collectors will buy it regardless of price.
The rest doesn't care and'll rather save a few bucks by renting or streaming, no matter if the disks cost 30 bucks or 300 bucks.
>>
>>149161456
Actually I was looking at that wallpaper.
>>
>>149155031
They found another method of milking the consumer base aside from selling merch. Why are you complaining? If it works for them, then it works for them.
>>
>>149156998
Then stop bitching, bitch.
>>
>>149155540
This no place place for spoon feeding, you can look after Toei target chart, even daytime anime is targeted towards adults while late night anime (majority) are targeted toward male /female adult audiences.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.