[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

non-native english speaker here, what is a "pleb class"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: AGHH.jpg (131KB, 1708x955px) Image search: [Google]
AGHH.jpg
131KB, 1708x955px
non-native english speaker here, what is a "pleb class"? is this something they only have in japan?
>>
>>149143516
>non-native english speaker here
No reason to be lazy and forgoing capitalization at the start of a sentence.
>>
>>149143550
english speaker =/= grammar nazi

noone cares about capital letters on the internet, get over it newfag
>>
Like the stupid people class, lower sets - if it's about school
Or plebs in society, as a social class - if it isn't about school
>>
>>149143516
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plebs
>>
>>149143516
It's a Roman thing. Google is a better friend than 4chan.
>>
>>149143671
>The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.
Out.
>>
>>149143550
There has never been a good post that is all lowercase. You should just not even respond at this point since it's guaranteed to be a phoneposter or some sub-80 IQ third-worlder. Back in 2007 you'd never see that garbage.
>>
File: 1446273593872.png (724KB, 1024x4300px) Image search: [Google]
1446273593872.png
724KB, 1024x4300px
>>149143791
>Back in 2007 you'd never see that garbage.
In 2007 I'm sure you saw a lot of it. That was before /a/ really started paying attention to form. I think it peaked somewhere around 2011?
>>
>>149143516
plebs is something that /pol/ mentions frequently. the fansubbers, especially those which are friends with commie and are green or blue on nyaa, browse /pol/ all the time. so they sometimes put the words from there in your anime subtitles to get even more internet cool points.kids on /a/, nyaa and reddit love memes these days in their anime
>>
>>149143783
you are mixing up quality with form 4chan was founded by moot with the idea of freedom of speech, but newfags like you probably never heard of him. you just try to appeal to the hotpocketeer janny who deletes very post that he personally doesnt like once a in while

epic fail bro
>>
>>149143882
Yup, 2010-11 was the peak of /a/ self-moderation autism. I remember getting called out for every little thing I did. Accel guy was also there.
>>
>>149143959
Not that guy but condoning actions such as that gives room for more degradation of post quality. Even the most asinine trolls here follow simple grammatical rules. So, what does that make you?
>>
>>149144037
once again writing capital letters has nothing to do with the quality of a post

your basic assumption is wrong, i'm not even reading your next sentence

please go back to /pol/ with the rest of the newfags grammar nazis in this thread
>>
>>149144079
It's still a form of standard of quality. What's stopping people from typing "aww that's really kawaii! xDD"? Condoning degenerate behavior will only invite far worse degeneracy. But you wouldn't know that because you're just an idiot too busy yapping about board meta and ignoring the point I'm trying to make. If you wanna play that game, why don't you go to MAL or reddit. You can have the freedom to speak there. Oh, but wait, you're here instead. Fucking cunt.
>>
>>149144176
no it's not on the internet unless youre writing a mail to your prof or something official for or something

>degeneracy
spotted the /pol/tard
now fuck off back to /pol/, reddit or wherever you came from. you dont understand how /a/ or 4chan works
>>
>>149143550
autism
>>
>>149144245
Good job dismissing the point I'm trying to make. I hope you get more (You)s.
>>
>>149144313
see
>>149144284
>>
>>149143516
Pleb-class is an awful translation, 'You're too good for the [or maybe 'us'] plebeians.' might be better, depending on the context.

Pleb is latin, so being ESL isn't an excuse.
>>
>>149143882
Yeah, sounds about right. That said, good grammar has always been considered important in /a/, I remember being called out on it back in 2006; I think the self-moderation emerged as a response to new users for whom grammar seemed an unnecessary aspect of language.
>>
>>149143550
forego*
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.