[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

So i'm just reading through jojo for the first time now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Jotaro_Meme.jpg (44KB, 517x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Jotaro_Meme.jpg
44KB, 517x480px
So i'm just reading through jojo for the first time now and I'm at the end of part 3. Why do people like stardust crusaders so much? It's slow and not nearly as good as phantom blood or battle tendency... Legit question y'all.
>>
File: 1469376673831.jpg (153KB, 462x435px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1469376673831.jpg
153KB, 462x435px
>>149120908
young joseph > old joseph > ancient joseph > jotaro
>>
File: Jaguars.png (220KB, 409x215px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Jaguars.png
220KB, 409x215px
>>149120908
I agree with you that in terms of paste Stardust Crusaders feels kinda slow compared to the first two Parts but i really enjoyed the huge amount of different characters and the fact that it topped the first 2 chapters in terms of bizarreness
>Lali-ho
>Polnareff vs. Alessi
>the Stands
I really liked the poker duel betwenn Jotaro and D'Arby and his fight against Dio
The Ora Ora is also cool

>>149121185
Totally agree with that
>>
>>149120908
Because it introduced stands. It's definitely one of the weakest parts.
>>
>>149120908
Japs love it, it's not nearly as popular in the west (but most well known because of the arcade game)
>>
It's loved in Japan because of nostalgia but the West has always been a bit harsher on it. Everything after Stardust Crusaders is better than it as well as Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency, for the most part Araki gets better at writing as time passes and he's still only getting better.
>>
>>149120908
It's iconic. Introduced stands, introduced Jotaro, and Dio's World was a fantastic finisher. The rest was definitely fomulaic and there was a lot of filler, but there are distinct reasons why it's so popular.
>>
>>149121185
johnny > jolyne > joseph > jonathan > jo2uke > josuke > jotaro > giorno
>>
>>149120908
creation of stands, if it was hamon action wouldn't be as popular. Stardust is my 3rd favorite part but I can agree it has one dimsional characters and very repetitive
>>
>>149120908
It's the most well known part, but it is by no means the best. The pacing and stands in the first half are terrible and you can tell Araki didn't really get a hold of what stands should really be until D'arby. 4,5,7 and 8 are all better, with 6 being debatable because it suffers from similar problems that 3 does regarding pacing and stands.
>>
OP here

I see so it sounds like it gets better. I'm def gonna keep reading tho cause from just the first 2 parts I'm in love with it.

Its funny before i started reading it i thought i was overrated and overhyped cause everyone was talking non stop about it. now i see why.
>>
>>149124976
Something to keep in mind going forward. Every part of Jojo is quite different from the last. They all involve stand fights, but the premises are all different. Part 4 is closer to SoL, Part 5 is about the mafia, Part 6 takes place in a prison, Part 7 has cowboys, etc. So if you don't like one part of Jojo, don't get too bent up about it because you might like the next parts more.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.