[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GTO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 172982.jpg (42KB, 225x346px) Image search: [Google]
172982.jpg
42KB, 225x346px
Wow, what a good manga.
>>
>>149099134
>literally know no-one irl who actually read it
>my sister's boyfriend said he loved it
>I get all excited and start talking all about the manga arcs ESPECIALLY teshigawara arc
>he only watched the anime
>>
>>149099134

so is this still going on or is GTO finished?

I remember reading shonan 14 days and stopped near the end cause of reasons.
>>
>shonan 14 days
no urumi no buy
>>
>>149099134
Shame of all the prequels and sequels are shit though. Shonan Junai Gumi is probably the least interesting Bosozoku manga I have ever read.
>>
>read GTO about 6 years ago
>think its great
>reread GTO after picking up drawing as a hobby
>realize how fucking bullshit difficult the scenes and the world itself must have been to draw.
>>
>>149099495
It's still going. He's now teaching a class full of idols.

It's completely devoid of the charm the original series had though.
>>
Urumi is best girl
>>
>>149099549

urumi exist in shonan 14 days
>>
>>149099134
The series was ok. The biggest flaws with the series is how deus ex machina was played one too many times. That, and some of the development for a few students (manga where I found it) came off as too shallow near the end.
>>
File: teshigawara.jpg (145KB, 800x1194px) Image search: [Google]
teshigawara.jpg
145KB, 800x1194px
this is probably my favorite page in the whole series
like holy fucking shit i was so sucked into the series during this arc
>>
>>149099134
I found the anime pretty underwhelming after rewatching, the manga any better?
>>
>>149101300
you have no idea
just read it
>>
>>149099411
>watched the anime twice
>watched all the live action movies
>watched all the live action dramas
>just realize I haven't read the manga
>don't really want to

I thought I was a fan.
>>
>>149101300
It's an anime that finished before the manga did, so that should be a hint.
>>
>>149099134
I got pissed off that he's still a virgin in the sequel and that Azusa is pretty much forgotten.
>>
>>149099953
How is it still going? I looked it up everywhere and there are just the 200 chapters which were finished probably, by the looks, a long time ago.
>>
>>149103675
Oh, ok. Just looked it up on wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Teacher_Onizuka#Manga

>The 25 English volumes were published between April 23, 2002 and August 9, 2005.[7][8]

>On 9 June 2009, a sequel to the GTO manga began releasing in Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine, under the title "GTO - Shonan 14 Days". North American publisher Vertical Inc began publishing "GTO: Shonan 14 Days" globally in English, as GTO: 14 Days in Shonan beginning January 2012 and has published all nine volumes. Vertical also continued and concluded the Shonan Junai Gumi manga series, from volume 11 onwards, as "GTO: The Early Years" in 2012.[9]

>A new manga series entitled GTO:Paradise Lost started in Young Magazine in April 2014.[10]
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.