[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legend of the Galactic Heroes Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

Why were the specifics of the ships glossed over in favor of political dogma

We never seen any ship to ship combat that draws on the ship's themselves even star trek got it right on that front
>>
>>149055854
I guess they thought it would hinder the story, which is driven by polotics
>>
File: 1472894938204.jpg (58KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
1472894938204.jpg
58KB, 704x400px
I love the ships designs of LotGH, and I'm glad they never went into detail about them.

Tons of great sci-fi gets ruined by trying to explain your FTL tech and stuff with meaningless technobabble, when the good 'ol suspension of disbelief does the job just as well.
>>
Why didn't both sides paint their ships black?
>>
File: 1453509599983.jpg (1MB, 1295x1996px) Image search: [Google]
1453509599983.jpg
1MB, 1295x1996px
>>149055854
There's side material with more info.I don't have very much of it though.

I do think it's worth noting though that most ships run 30-50% Gun by volume
>>
>>149056180
yeah it always reminded me of star ocean's ships

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP5a6Ck61eg
>>
>>149055854
I think there are side materials that go into al little more detail about ships-types, flagships and fleet compositions. The wikia has some information on that and I suspect and feel like I remember the Mittermeyer fleet being faster than others had to do with the ships he liked to use.
>>
File: 1355600962446.jpg (356KB, 1836x1794px) Image search: [Google]
1355600962446.jpg
356KB, 1836x1794px
>>149055854
Why do you care about ships when you've got Bros like this?
>>
>foolishly posted a thread without seeing this one
Anyways I had a similar issue with the ships. More specifically with them feeling like laser muskets. but also the fact that not much was explained about them. All we got were basic formation strategies, though I appreciate the stylish touch they gave them through the radar
They did eventually grow on me though, but I also wish we got more dogfights since those broke the monotony nicely. Honestly it felt like they deployed them just for the Poplan screen-time. There were a lot of times where it felt appropriate to use them.
>>
>>149056198
how would they shoot each other in space if you can't even see the other shps m8
>>
>>149056180
yeah it was nice to avoid some explanation of how the ships work to focus on the bigger picture. The only hyperspace talk I remember was when they moved not-Iserlohn.
>>
>>149058479
There is a lot more in the books, though I am still on the first one.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.