[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>watching Stand Alone Complex for the 3rd time (and I practically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

File: laughing-man.jpg (31KB, 400x360px) Image search: [Google]
laughing-man.jpg
31KB, 400x360px
>watching Stand Alone Complex for the 3rd time (and I practically NEVER rewatch animu)
>still holds ups, still top-tier episodes all through the 2 seasons with GOAT OPs and EDs
>engrossing, complex storylines with great stand-alone stories to flesh out the characters

Why is it still so good /a/? Also post those series that you always return to again and again even when you still have stuff on your backlog
>>
High production value
Adult characters that have adult conversations
Fantastic over arching plot
Goes indepth about philosophical questions
Top tier protagonist and waifu
Rock solid cast
Nice ost

Its not a classic show for nothing
>>
>>149049443
Was doing the same recently to get myself out of a slump of no anime, watched the entire first season in like a few days.

It's just as >>149049722 says, it's a classic show with high productions values and a lot going for it. Definitely a favorite.
>>
I liked the stand alone episodes a lot, but I feel the main plot with the corrupt senator and the laughing man was resolved kind of shittily. They kind of built up to some kind of desperate confrontation that never happened. Everything up to the last 3 or so episodes was ace though.
>>
>>149049605
>bumping because I've never seen a Ghost in the Shell thread.
What sort of fucking newfag are you?
>>
File: f0c26c4a08e7c916a0668f4be9d81600.jpg (897KB, 893x1537px) Image search: [Google]
f0c26c4a08e7c916a0668f4be9d81600.jpg
897KB, 893x1537px
Do you think the Major and Batou ever hooked up?
>>
>>149050020
What was that about again? The laughing man was some genius autist who discovered a conspiracy between a senator and a bunch of corporations? And the major and section 9 were on that?
>>
File: 1470595391045.png (111KB, 453x599px) Image search: [Google]
1470595391045.png
111KB, 453x599px
>>149050461
>that scene when everyone was clowning on Batou for crying when Major "died"
>>
Why was that chat room recap episode so good?
>>
File: demfeels.jpg (60KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
demfeels.jpg
60KB, 640x480px
>>149049443

I rewatch Suzuka once a year.

I had a similar experience when I was young, I guess it just resonates with me.

I don't know why /a/ hates it.
>>
>>149051597

>The first season of Stand Alone Complex focuses on the Laughing Man incident, wherein a hacker ultimately reveals to the Major that he had discovered that several micromachine manufacturing corporations, in association with the Japanese government, suppressed information on an inexpensive cure to a debilitating cyberization disease in order to profit from the more expensive micromachine treatment. He abducted one of the owners of the company and attempted to force him to reveal the truth on live television, resulting in the hacker live-hacking everyone's vision and cameras at the event to cover his face with the stylized laughing face logo that became synonymous with his image. His popularity spawned several genuine imitators, resulting in the series' titular Stand Alone Complex
>When Section 9 discovers that these companies and several Japanese politicians later used the Laughing Man's image to garner public support and profit, they begin a campaign to disseminate the truth, ultimately leading to the Cabinet labeling them as domestic terrorists and forcibly disbanding them, resulting in the capture of several members and the apparent death of Motoko Kusanagi. However, it is all a ruse to deceive the government, and the very alive and well members of Section 9 regroup to bring the micromachine corporations and corrupt politicians to justice, resulting in the dissolution of the current Japanese government

The twist is that the whole "Laughing Man" meme is used by the micromachine corporations as a marketting gimmick, while the actual hacker that became known as the Laughing Man only used it once while hacking the tv feed that showed him holding a gun to the CEO of one of the corps forcing him to tell the truth about their supression of the Murai vaccine
>>
>>149050405
The newest.
>>
>>149051866
>The twist is that the whole "Laughing Man" meme is used by the micromachine corporations as a marketting gimmick

And thats what Im lost on. How did they do that exactly? And how did they get the truth out by pretending to have been captured/dead?
>>
>>149052106

Honestly you should probably just rewatch the anime anon.
>>
>>149052467
Its been 3 years since I watched it so maybe I should. But I feel like there was a reason but it completely slipped my mind.
>>
>>149049443
The animation alone is worth it, such things never go old.
>>
File: snap00017.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
snap00017.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>149050461
Batou wishes
>>
>>149056463
I really hate how much I love this cunt.
>>
File: 12458bb9bd59ca37d359cf942b8f0c9d.jpg (570KB, 1500x2246px) Image search: [Google]
12458bb9bd59ca37d359cf942b8f0c9d.jpg
570KB, 1500x2246px
>>149056657

Why's that anon? Is it because you identify with the shota that couldn't work up the guts to fuck her?
>>
>Hideo Kuze isn't killed by the CIA

What would happen to him in that world? Would he just go about his business with or without the lockdown or would he be summarily executed for trying to kill the PM after extracting all of his external memories?
>>
Cross Game, Tatami Galaxy.
>>
I watched SAC when I was in high school
I'm kind of scared of re watching it because I would objectively realize I'm still stupid
>>
Torukia is still one of the GOAT tracks of all time.
>>
>>149057133
Don't worry, anon. We're all dumbos
>>
>>149052106
IIRC it as not a marketing gimmick, but comprised of falseflag ops by Serano Genomics competitors to claim compensation from the government. Presumably the senator pocketed some of the payout.

It's been a few years for me as well though, gotta rewatch it again.
>>
>>149056736
Because its like shes too perfect anon. You wouldnt stand a chance with her. Not in a million years and you could never really excite her.
>>
>>149049443
>rec thread
Talk GITS instead.
>>
File: 1454180275489.gif (2MB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1454180275489.gif
2MB, 450x450px
>>
>>149057133
I just finished my 28th rewatch and I'm still finding new implications and catching split second frames
>>
File: she wearing panties or what.webm (290KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
she wearing panties or what.webm
290KB, 960x540px
>>149051735
Yea it was good, probably because we got to see the story from the view of internet culture.
VR chat rooms when?
>>
As someone with a major hard on for the 1995 film, is SAC really that good?
>>
>>149060902
Yes it is, and I am someone who also likes the 95 film
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.