[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One thing that has always bothered me is how in every single

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: vlcsnap-2016-10-26-13h50m52s483.png (327KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-10-26-13h50m52s483.png
327KB, 640x482px
One thing that has always bothered me is how in every single series I've watched there has to be a scene where a characters says something and never finishes his sentence. Can someone explain this to me? It's so frequent and annoying at the same time. Do the writers just run out of ideas what the character could say and just lazily cut to the next scene like that?
>>
>>149025084
It's part of how actual Japanese people speak and they understand what is meant even if foreign autists relying on translations don't.
>>
>>149025084
It's a Japanese thing. They say as little as possible, and then you have to understand everything from the context.
>>
>>149025187
>>149025199
Writing for shows like that has to be the easiest job ever.
>>
>>149025254
Since it involves understanding how the audience would take what is written, which requires being able to understand it as the audience would, it requires a skill you apparently don't possess.

So "the easiest job ever" is one you'd fail at.
>>
>>149025394
But Anon, even if you say that...
>>
>>149025084

They don't want the character to say "In the end, this family is fucking retarded"
>>
>>149025084
its the same as an american saying, "man this place sure is something"
>>
>>149025544
But that's what they say in Japan all the time. They're always ambiguous about everything.
>>
>>149025612
if you say "this place sure is something" in a happy tone it means its great, if you say it with a dismissive tone, it means its shit, if you say it with an uncertain tone it means its strange, etc.

it all depends on context, the same as a vast majority of speech.
>>
>>149025084

In the context of the picture you posted, the trailing off would imply that that family is so weird that words don't describe it properly.

Trailing off just makes the end idea more unfathomable to the character speaking as well as the audience, which is the joke.
>>
>>149025084
In the end this op is...
>>
>>149025084
The fact a thread like this has to be made...
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.