[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hajime No Ippo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Has this show had a lasting impact on any of you? Did it make you want to become the best at something? Be it boxing, programming, running, sports, hell even competitive gaming? Share your stories.

As an anime with no supernatural or magic references the show does a fantastic job of reeling the audience in with superb character development and story telling, not to mention the fights are spot on.
>>
>>148994939

I actually really wanted to get into boxing when I was younger. I never had the courage to actually sign up though. I always thought I was too small and I'd just be a punching bag for a bunch of guys that wouldn't give a shit about me. After a friend exposed me to this anime I suddenly had a bout of courage and actually joined a boxing gym. Now of course I wasn't anything like Ippo but I tried my god damn best to keep that fighting spirit up. Over and over again I failed but not once did I give up. Fast forward a few years and I'm still not the best but now I can actually win fights and the people at the gym are now my friends, hell, family almost. I'm thankful this anime exists just because it gave me that little push to peruse something I thought was completely ridiculous for someone with my body shape at the time.
>>
>>148994939
>Has this show had a lasting impact on any of you?
No, I'm not 12 so this mediocrity had absolutely no impact on me.
>>
>>148995044
>no pew pew lazes
>no big titty fan service

Y wud any1 watch this z-tier trash is beyond me senpai
>>
>>148995030
Is boxing anything like the anime? Probably not.
>>
>>148994939
It made me want to never kiss my girlfriend and never accomplish anything, fading into obscurity from brain damage because my coach is a retard.
>>
File: pentaxpride.jpg (747KB, 1108x885px) Image search: [Google]
pentaxpride.jpg
747KB, 1108x885px
tfw still no sports like photography show but two cycling anime airing at the same time. When will my hobby get some love?
>>
>>148994939
Probably what's made me enjoy sports anime a lot more

Then I read the manga and realised I was being cucked by Itafag
>>
>>148995506
I mean, the thought process is strikingly similar, those oh shit moments when you realize you fuck up or when someone just won't go down, they did a pretty good job I'd say with what the characters think when something happens in a fight.
>>
>>148996155
hahahhahahaha it really is a mystery how Ippo didn't suffer any sort of brain trauma from getting repeatedly bludgeoned. Anime magic I guess
>>
>>148996763
Probably because not enough attention on it, I can see it happening though.
>>
>>148996997
It's going to be revealed in chapter 1500 or 2000 that he's punch drunk, they're already trying to give signs of it
>>
>>148994939
I watch this show to motivate me to work out

What are some other great "get off your ass and hit the gym" anime?
>>
>>148997070
Anything involving fighting spirit, hell I'd say Gurren Lagann motivated the shit out of me.
>>
>>148997070
Try "Danberu nan kiro moteru?"
>>
>>148994939

It convinced me to go running more. That's about it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.