[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do nips love high school so much? In reality you won't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 347044ee1378650819b8ee00cc7b6134.jpg (286KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
347044ee1378650819b8ee00cc7b6134.jpg
286KB, 2048x1152px
Why do nips love high school so much? In reality you won't associate with classmates from your high school or college/university anymore after you graduate.

You only make contact with your family or co-workers.
>>
It's the only time in their life where they are young and not in slavery.
>>
>In reality you won't associate with classmates from your high school or college/university anymore after you graduate.
Wew
>>
Why are you applying your stupid Western culture to Japan?

The reason high school is a popular setting is because that is when the Japanese feel they have the most freedom. They have free time to join clubs, get a job, or hang out, they fall in love for the first time, and they usually decide on their life path before graduating. It's similar to how college/university is viewed in the west.
Once they enter the workforce, their free time and hobbies cease to exist, all they have is work. Around 40% of all Japanese adults (male and female) haven't even had sex.
>>
>>148960784
I still occasionally meet with some (2-3) guys from high school.
>>
It's the time where they decided whether or not to kill themselves
>>
Because adult life is awful, especially in Japan.
>>
Most people keep in contact with their close friends from highschool/college.
>>
>>148960911

Then your imouto has to drag your bruised and battered ass back home and tell you off for getting beat up by kids
>>
>>148960784
>In reality you won't associate with classmates from your high school or college/university anymore after you graduate.
Don't remind me i didn't associated with my brother and families for long time
>>
File: 1468714664392.png (514KB, 1045x720px) Image search: [Google]
1468714664392.png
514KB, 1045x720px
>>148962769
>>
because it's a shared experience common to all japanese and is the last taste of freedom and happiness they'll know due to wageslavery being soul-crushing.

it's sort of odd that university is immensely easier than high school in japan yet there's so very few series which take advantage of the university setting, but I guess that's because the average otaku didn't get into one?

Or maybe it's just because there's no cute, innocent, chuuni 14 year old girls. You're stuck with scary drunk women who look at you like MEAT.
>>
>>148960784
Most manga writers started in highschool and didn't go to university so they write what they know. Japan also has a fetish for the younger years of life. Japan is all about escapism because their day to day life is so shitty. That's why even shows that take place after high school feature little loli girls and cute, single women.

Plus they're pandering to lolicons and the jk fetish.

Most people that watch anime in Japan don't want some delicious 25+ year old cake to snack on I'm the evenings. They want to be reminded of the cute girl in middle school they liked so they can rub one out and cry over the fact that they will never be loved because they missed their chance.
>>
>>148965702
I don't think it's that nerds are less educated and don't go to Uni, but rather that the social interaction in University is totally different from high school. In university people have a wider reference, monetary possibility to actually pick and choose who you hang out, what you do and so on. In highschool you can create groups, friends, settings with as little setting as "they happen to sit next to each other in class", but in University you actually have to give characters reasons to interact.
>>
>>148960784
Japan's fucking small. Even looking at someplace like murrica which is big, and people move for work/to start a family/etc... and may never return to their home town again; plenty of people never leave their home town; either on account of no professional skills worth moving for; or your family/contacts are established enough there that leaving is giving up on nepotism that would give you better opportunities than you would get any where else.

Japs in asia, and asia is a lot more about multi-generational households and family sticking together; so there's even less movement.

I'd say in someplace like japan; on average, you will be seeing much more of your childhood/hometown friends and whatnot throughout your life than somewhere like the US; for both geographic AND social reasons.

With my last trip trip being one I made back sometime in college; I haven't been to my hometown/state/region in over a decade
>>
>>148965702
what this anon said >>148966238
but also consider that going to a university is less common than in the US or countries with free education, there's a big part of your market that took their parents job or started working in an office or started their career. For example very few mangakas and writers go to college, so they don't have their own experiences to base stories on.
>>
File: Rule 34....png (69KB, 535x362px) Image search: [Google]
Rule 34....png
69KB, 535x362px
You're making me sad OP
>>
>>148966058
>Most manga writers started in highschool and didn't go to university so they write what they know.
That's not even true.
>>
Retirement home anime when?
>>
>>148960784
I graduated high school a year ago. I miss it because college is a shit and you can't chill.

It's going to be worth this law degree though.
>>
>>148968114
I graduated back in 2009. Now why Law degree?
>>
>>148960784
>OP's high school "friends" after graduating are no longer forced to interact with him

OP, you poor, confused bastard.
>>
>>148960859
They actually have more free time in college.
>>
>>148960784
Asian community are a lot more tight knit, and middle/high school is one of the major one that everyone goes through. Mostly because you share all your subjects with your class, instead of getting a new set of classmates for every other subjects
>>
>>148960784
>>
>>148960784
>you won't associate with classmates from your high school or college/university anymore after you graduate.
Just because YOU didn't make friends at school doesn't mean nobody else did.
>>
>>148960884
>you will never go to Nipland and take responsibility
>>
Real life is fucking shit compared to anime anyways.

Even anime can make college sluts look fun (Golden Time).
>>
>>148960784
In my country, your closest friends generally are your high-school friends.
It's customary here to begin working when you're in University, so you don't make many close friends.
In Uni people also try to act a bit more mature and polite, so they don't get to know you (and you don't get to know them) at your most retarded and honest moments, like people at high-school did, since you were more hinged back then.
You also don't spend nearly as much time in Uni as you did in high-school - mainly because people here don't live in their Universities like they tend to do in America (and maybe in European countries?).
In high-school you also spent all days with the same people, whereas in Uni you may go through one course with one group of people, and then be with another group of people in a different lecture.

Well, I suppose it's harder to keep contacts close in America, considering it's a rather big country and moving to other States, be it to study or work is a very normal thing there.
>>
>>148974261
>you were less hinged
self-fix
>>
>>148960784
Japan needs a massive social overhaul to stop this shit because otherwise they will just work themselves to death upon entering the workplace.
>>
>>148960784
If I didn't still have my friends from school I would've probably jumped off a bridge by now.
Sure as hell not making new ones anywhere.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.