[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shinji Ikari is the most complex and well written character in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: shinji.jpg (89KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
shinji.jpg
89KB, 500x461px
Shinji Ikari is the most complex and well written character in anime.

He actually showed incredible bravery and his haters are likely the more low IQ, moeshit anime style fans. The depth of Shinji's character, confuses and enrages them.
>>
He really is not.
>>
File: 1477324045618.gif (182KB, 384x408px) Image search: [Google]
1477324045618.gif
182KB, 384x408px
It's Ikari Shinji you faggot.
>>
>>148959887

That's not really an argument
>>
>>148960255
I mean I don't want to argue with you or the OP or anyone right now, but he's not terribly complex. Maybe it's because I identify with him, but even back when I was a kid he just seemed like the ordinary adolescent boy. I don't think he's BAD, but he's relatively simple.
>>
>>148958553
He's gay and faggot in one
>>
>>148958553
I think all of this, non ironically.
>>
>>148958553
Hi, my name is Shinji Ikari. I am a cipher, a symbol, a representation of human futility and impotency--creative impotency, I mean. Thanks to the narrow-minded dedication of the director and his writing staff, I am the locus of a squandered plot. I anthropomorphize failed character development. When you loathe me, it's supposed to be art. But let's be honest, that's bullshit spread over a sewage sandwich. From a characterological perspective, the climax fails spectacularly. The primary conflicts are completely abandoned in exchange for a philosophically shallow, symbolically incoherent ending. Most of the other protagonists are killed or driven nuts, because death is easier to write than emotional maturation. And I think our budget was running out.

Did you know that a hentai circle produced a doujin series with a better ending?

Yeah. I'm sorry. At least you can pretend that I scored the emotionally vulnerable German chick. I mean, shooting fish in a barrel, and somehow I missed...
>>
File: skuare.png (4KB, 469x334px) Image search: [Google]
skuare.png
4KB, 469x334px
skuare
>>
>>148960532
Truth be told, this is appliable to most if not all of Evangelion, at the very least the first series. It's not a bad series by any means, it's actually pretty good, but it's way overhyped and overrated, or hated and shat on because of the literally impossible expectation they were told. The basic idea (mecha deconstruction) was pretty original at the time (inb4 a single obscure anime from the '80s that literally no one knew) and done pretty well, the characters feel human unless they're not meant to (Rei and Kaworu mostly) or are literal background characters, the themes, while a bit pretentious, are implemented pretty well, and aesthetically it's great, with fluid animation, solid designs, beautiful soundtracks, and excellent voice acting in most dubs.
That's not to say Eva doesn't have its low points, which I'd say are mainly pretentiousness, very heavy budget cuts, and the failure to deliver the uncanny valley for Rei, at least for those that the uncanny valley was aimed at, who just disregard how disturbing the true "magical alien girl with perfect Japanese manners" would actually be for their waifu. This last point is mroe the idiot viewer's fault, of course, just as it is to ignore Asuka's mental unstability, but it's still the biggest problem in the Eva fanbase (?) even over twenty years in.
Making this post seems kind of useless, to be honest. I'm just repeating why I believe Evangelion is, at the very least, above average. We could discuss wether EoE and rebuilds are "really canon" or not, wether they stand up to the quality and themes of the original. We could even be pretentious and discuss higher themes such as the nature of humanity, how society and interactions define us. But instead, the show was quickly infected by the worst kind of fanbase: waifufags, who I've already talked about. And of course, this is all with the underlying theme of why they, like most anti-evas, dislike Shinji: "he's a pussy". (comment to long)
>>
>>148961811
"Shinji is a pussy", as I was saying, is the literal stupidest defence of an argument over fiction I have ever seen. Again, the main premise of the show was, at least originally, deconstructing mecha. How truly militarized a super-weapon like that would be. How emotionally wreckign it would be for a 14-year-old with no training to be put in charge of THE FATE OF THE ENTIRE REMAINING HUMAN POPULATION, and how even worse it would be to train him. And, of course, to have a reason why they must use 14-year-olds: emotional instability, which only shows how much worse it is.
>>148961158
Of course, the good-old "muh character development" and "muh pretentiouness" argument, failing to realize Eva is NOT about typical tropes. You can't just put a 14-year-old who has been a civilian all his life to defend all life and expect to not traumatize him. I would try to reason with you but you just had to bring up "LOL HE CANT EVEN FUCK ASUKA XDXDXD". Which just brings me back to "he's an emotionally unstable 14-year-old with confusing feelings and way too much shit to deal with".
Evangelion is not a hero's journey, or a story about the strength of humanity, at least not in the traditional sense. It's closer to cosmic horror with a spark of hope: how insignificant we are in the great scheme of things, how weak we can be, yet how strong we can be, how much we can be willing to endure. This is mostly a theme in the final episodes and the EoE though.
But anyway, you keep shitposting on Eva threads and cumming on Nozomi figurines, we all appreciate your effort.
>>
File: 1178750279069.jpg (48KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
1178750279069.jpg
48KB, 704x396px
>>148961158
>>
File: 1469764194653.jpg (41KB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
1469764194653.jpg
41KB, 640x352px
>>148961811
Thanks anon. Your delusions will make a great pasta. Have you considered writing a MAL review of the show yet?
>>
>>148963251
>Someone disagreeing with me?
>I'll call it a copypasta!
>And I'll use a meme!
Go choke on your father's dick
>>
File: freud.jpg (5KB, 169x186px) Image search: [Google]
freud.jpg
5KB, 169x186px
>>148963406
Interesting insult you have there.
>>
>>148958553
>"moeshit"
>"haters"

You shouldn't make it too obvious.
>>
>>148963406
Well yeah. What you wrote is pretty much worthless as far as criticism goes but it will work great as a pasta nonetheless.
>>
>>148964246
It's only worthless because it's been repeated so much, and it's been repeated so much because it's true and you assholes can't enjoy an anime that isnt wish-fulfillment moeshit
>>
>>148965016
No, your post is worthless because there are no arguments backing it up. The number of inarticulate shiteaters having an unsubstantiated opinion on something is irrelevant next proper analysis which support their thesis with actual arguments. NGE has plenty of those on its side.
>>
>>148965937
>A proper analysis with actual arguments
>Lol Shinji is a pussy who didn't get the girl nor undergoes a typical character arc
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.