[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Season Rankings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 382
Thread images: 34

File: 1477205599108.webm (3MB, 710x400px) Image search: [Google]
1477205599108.webm
3MB, 710x400px
God Tier:
Flip Flappers

Good:
Hibike
Yuri on Ice
3-gatsu no Lion

Ok
Shuumatsu no Izetta
Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume
Brave Witches
Girlish Number
Time Bokan 24
Tiger Mask W

Garbage
Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku
ViVid Strike!
Drifters
Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru
KEIJO!
Bloodyvores
>>
File: 1656704-QNULXPVW-7.jpg (16KB, 770x513px) Image search: [Google]
1656704-QNULXPVW-7.jpg
16KB, 770x513px
>>148904065
>Flip Flappers

i stopped reading right there
>>
>>148904121
>Everything I fail to instantly understand is pretentious

Ok kid.
>>
>>148904065
>Flip Flappers

Is this a potential AOTY or just a meme?

I'm watching a lot of anime this season, and I'm not sure if I should start with this one as well.
>>
>>148904121
This is an 18+ board.
>>
>God Tier:
Keijo

>Good Tier:
Brave Witches

>Ok Tier:
3-gatsu no Lion
Flip Flappers

>Garbage:
Drifters, Lostorage Incited WIXOSS, Nanbaka, Occultic;Nine, Shuumatsu no Izetta, Yuri!!! on Ice, Gi(a)rlish Number, Bloodivores
>>
Decent ranking
>>
>>148904369
Definitely should. If you like Gainax, Kyousougiga ONAs, great animation, visual storytelling, fun, intriguing plots, creative worlds and are OK with not having an info dump explain everything to you.
>>
>>148904369
It has the "Evangelion" effect on a lot of people so far, they watch the first three episodes come to /a/ and say "what the fuck did I just watch".
>>
Change Izetta to garbage tier.
>>
>>148904369
I personally really like it.
It has this sence of childhood adventure while also showing more adult themes and alos lesbians.
I can't really say if the "deeper" meaning has a lot of substance to it but finding those references and metaphors in threads here is fun for me.
It also looks great, i would say it's a legitamately good show.
>>
>>148904065
No,no anon,you're doing it wrong.Must be like this

God tier:
Hibike
Occultic:9

Good:
Flip flappers
Girlish Number

Garbage:
The rest
>>
>>148904493
>evangelion effect
Except nobody cares about flop floppers barring few yurishitter neckbeard.
>>
>>148904590
oh and nanbaka is good too,forgot about it
>>
>>148904121
I know right? who wants to watch a show with so much forced animation and where all the main characters do is say each others names like pokemon?

It really is pretentious trash if you like me.
>>
>>148904609
>anime with most threads on /a/ this season
>nobody cares!

Sure thing.
>>
>>148904369
We dont know yet, it could be complete shit thats looks absolutely beautiful or it could be quite the masterpiece, which i dont think it will be able to pull off, if i am being honest after watching the first two episodes. So my verdict/prediction is that it will probably be AOTY material but nothing too amazing. There is not much competition for AOTY every year to be honest. So a show thats just decent enough can get it. Thats how i see it.
>>
>>148904692
>he hasn't seen episode 3 yet
Oh boy.
>>
>>148904609
Of course people care, it's the normie tumblr buzzword show of the season like OPM, KLK, SnK, etc were.
>>
>>148904065
>Good
>Hibike
Stopped reading here.
>>
>>148904657
That sounds like the opposite of pretentious. That sounds shallow.
>>
>>148904657
How can it be pretentious if the dialgue is that shit? Its just art. FlipFlappers talks with its visual, all we can hope for is that at the end of it, it will make sense, if it doesnt it failed. Its too early to judge those flappers, for now its a cute lil sotry.
>>
>watching
3gatsu
All Out
FlipFlap
Fune wo Amu
Nobunaga no Shinobi
Izetta
To be Hero
Watashi ga Moete Dousunda
Yuri on Ice

>from last Season/2nd/3rd Seasons
Days
Stray dogs
Gundam IBO
Haikyuu
Psi-nan

>dropped
everything else
>>
>>148904724
>normie tumblr buzzword

But the show isn't even remotely popular outside of /a/. And that's three buzzwords in a row right there.

How do you even.
>>
>>148904724
That would be DRIFTERS of Occultic;Nine hardly any normie is watching Flip Flappers go look at the rankings on MAL by viewers. More people there watch Hibike and Yuri on Ice than this.
>>
>>148904715
I saw a lot of gifs, it does look fucking amazing. Gonna make something nice to eat and watch it right now.
>>
>>148904724
you fuckin wish even trash show like keijo generated more buzz among normies than this flop.
>>
>>148904657
>forced animation

I can't tell if you are serious or not.
>>
I love how ranking threads never fail to be full of either delusional shitposters or people flaunting their poor taste.
>>
>>148904724
Wut? There's nothing "normie" nor "tumblr" about FlipFlap. It's a Mahou Shoujo and "normies" hate Mahou Shoujo. Even Japan doesn't like it and just argues about the girls' underwear, which is vapid because we see them on-screen at several moments.
>>
>>148904065
Flop tier
FLIP FLOPPER
>>
File: 1476573869998.jpg (109KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1476573869998.jpg
109KB, 1200x675px
>>148904065
Hebot where?
>>
>>148904715
They really dropped the ball
>>
>>148904814
>Occultic;Nine
All the normalfags and redditors dropped it under the pretenses that it's "too fast" or "too confusing".
>>
>>148904369
Pretty meh so far, the whacky adventures in the alternate world doesn't really sell me.
>>
>>148904866
You mean made the best episode of the season by far right?
>>
>>148904121
>hasn't watched it
>>
God tier:
FliFla

God Tier(Grandfathered in):
Brave Witches

Good:
Takkyuu
Long Riders!
Keijo!!!

Meh:
Izetta
>>
>>148904883
Nah, that's Izetta tank flipping.
>>
>>148904369
It's great a lot of people will say it's nonsense or pretentious because they are too dumb to follow an anime that shows things to them instead of making everything obvious with an info dump though.
>>
>>148904833
>Even Japan doesn't like it
You should know by now that this is never a good estimate because all it takes for Japan to like something is for it to have popular seiyuu regardless of the show's actual quality.
>>
>>148904931
>Izetta
>good

Pick one.
>>
>>148904673
>most threads on /a/ this season
laugh.jpg
>>
>>148905002
Go find another show that has had constant threads reaching the bump limit since the first episode aired.
>>
>>148904814
>Occultic Nine
That stein gate author just got found out for being a one hit wonder hack he is even reddit hate this show.
>>
>>148904954
>because they are too dumb to follow
>2deep4u
Probably false flagging but people like you are why people call it pretentious.
>>
>>148905043
>Forgetting drifter
>>
>>148904874
Most dropped it cause of cowtits i think. At least i didnt even bother watching it cause of that and the other criticisms arent helping its case either.
>>
Flip Flappers>Drifters>irrelevant shit
Admit /a/ other anime will be forgotten after last episode
>>
>>148905083
But the people bitching about not understanding shit genuinely are retarded.
>>
>>148904874
They sure as fuck won't like Flip Flappers then.
>>
>>148904954
i bet you like perfect insider and thinking it AOTS right?
>>
>>148905083
He didn't say the story was deep at all. Just that anime fans are too dumb to follow something that doesn't explain everything to you instantly. Which seems to be the case given the reaction.
>>
>>148904065
Agree to an extent. Girlish Number needs to be on there and high. I dropped 3gatsu because it bored me too much, but someone people seem to like it.
>>
>All these plebs not praising Flip Flappers as the masterpiece of the year
Fucking neo-/a/
>>
>>148905134
Dropped it after 3 episode rule.
>>
>>148904065
>AOTS tier
Drifter
Yuri on Ice
Fume wo amu

>Great tier
Ajin S2

>Yurishitter containment tier
Izetta
Hibikek
Flop Floppers

Garbage ass tier
Keijo

>Irrelevant tier
The rest
>>
>>148905141
Girlish number is literally just Shirobako from Zuka's perspective though, I can't give it more than OK because of that. It even has grown-up Tarou.
>>
>>148905233
I can see you are clearly judging shows based on quality and not on their fanbase.
>>
>>148905145
That would be MP100
>>
>>148905233
You sure you shouldn't put Touken Ranbu in your God tier?
>>
>>148905118
Dude how can you forget Yaoi on Ice. But on a serious note. Why do you give fuck about a show being talked about after its airing. Do people still talk about mad max on a daily bases even though it was considered one of the greatest movies in the last decade? /a/ is so weird with that shit. People always say make up your own mind you sheep and dont watch e-celebs or read reviews, yet everyone here seems to give fuck about a show being popular or selling well. Why is that? Are all anons here under the age of 17 or what?
>>
>>148905065
Sounds like a fun place, you should return to it
>>
>>148905261
The ONLY good thing about Mob Psycho is sakuga. Unfunny garbage, terrible characters, hideous art style.
>>
>>148905128
People seem to like it. Even Kotaku posted about it.
>>
>>148905233
sub human
>>
>>148905272
I'm no fujoshit nor a faggot if thats what you implying.
>>
>>148905289
Shut your mouth, you flithy pagan! How dare you talk like that about the best anime since 2010.
>>
>>148905278
It validates my opinion if other people agree.

No, I think it is more about like supporting the show, like how normies support their favourite sports team. I think a lot of people on /a/ don't actually really care about anime that much and just watch anime so they can post on /a/ to fill a void in their social life. It gives you somewhere to belong, being part of the secret club. So of course it is important to these people that the things they enjoy are also enjoyed in their secret club.
>>
>>148905083
I find it extremely amusing how the Flip Flappers thread constantly has two kinds of people enter and post in it.

You see people going "wow another 2DEEP4U anime that is sooo hard to understand even though nothing is going on in it, into the trash it goes" and then you also constantly see "guys what the fuck happened please spoonfeed it to me I don't understand".

I mean it isn't that complicated but fucking christ. Someone posted an article earlier that had comments on it where people said it was just a normal lighthearted show and not worth getting excited about or looking into because there wasn't anything going on beneath the surface. How do these people even manage to read subtitles and watch anime at the same time. I just can't believe how fucking retarded people can be, both the people who think this level of focus on themes and symbolism means it is 2DEEP4U and the people who manage to completely miss all those fucking themes.
>>
>>148904065
>Garbage
>Keijo!!!!!!!!

Your list is fucking garbage more like it
>>
>>148905289
>hideous artstyle
Ignoring your other point the artstyle is still better than ugly ass generic big eye moeblob abomination that is Fl*p Fl*pp*rs.
>>
>>148905457
Nope.
>>
What I don't understand is why does no one care about Trickster. Despite having a great singer doing the OP no one seems to care about it either in Japan or in the West.
>>
>>148905489
Isn't that one of the bootleg chink shit?
>>
File: 1476381179384.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476381179384.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
RIP FliFla thread.
>>
>>148904673
Just looked at the thread and all I see is shitposting and people talking about shows that aren't Flip Flappers. Is this the shitposting show of the season?
>>
Started on my vn backlog since this season is shit.
>>
>>148905539
Whoever made that OP was certainly looking to incite shitposting.
>>
>>148905373
But that would mean that a lot of people here are just posers and dont really like anime, or at least good ones regardless of popularity and success. If what you said is true then /a/ fucking sucks, but it cant be true right?
>>
>>148905489
I'm also wondering if everyone just dropped that show since the lack of threads when airing. Also great ED.
>>
>>148905555
quads of truth
kog has spoken
>>
>>148905576
I think it is true. It explains the amount of people that shitpost rabidly against anything and everything. The way people see things so often as "best ever" or "total shit", the whole practice of shitting on the fanbase of anything you don't like or hating things because of the fanbase. I think it is really important to a lot of /a/ posters what /a/ thinks. It would also explain why so many posters just stick to seasonal shit and never go back to watch classics. There is no discussion on /a/ so why bother when I could just be shitposting instead?
>>
>>148905602
Cause its shit? And cant even attract those people that have shit taste.
>>
>>148905576
>/a/ doesn't like anime
Used to be a meme, don't know when it became the truth.
>>
>>148905488
Nu'uh.
>>
Too much fanservicy yurishit this season.
>>
>>148904065
So far,

God Tier :
Hibike

Good Tier :
Girlish Number
Faggots on Ice
Keijo
Izetta

Ok :
Brave Witches
Flip Flappers
Gundam Tekketsu no Orphans S2
Occult;Nine

Dropped
Touken Ranbu

I need to watch more Flip Flappers, it looks good but the first episode wasn't really engaging outside of the animation. On the other side I wish Girlish Numbers had a better production, it's the kind of anime where acting animation is extremely important. Im still loving it though.
>>
>>148905734
yaoi*
>>
>>148905772
>finds dull generic SoL anime like Hibike engaging but not something creative and intriguing like Flip Flappers

Ok.
>>
>>148905651
At this point I have realized that there are people who legitimately spend their time trying to incite wars between fans of different things for whatever reason. Somehow some people think you're not allowed to like multiple things if they are somewhat similar.

And I will never understand the people who constantly go into threads for yuri related shit and bitch about how yuri is the root of all evil when they could just go watch something else and discuss the things they actually like. You generally don't see people who hate harems or some shit doing that.
>>
>>148905874
Be happy that I put your flipshit on the list at all to not trigger you autist.
>>
>>148905898
>At this point I have realized that there are people who legitimately spend their time trying to incite wars between fans of different things for whatever reason

If you actually read the criticisms those people make the majority of the time they are so shallow that you could have made them just by browsing through the threads and reading other peoples complaints and not actually seeing the show. If someone is being really vague about their criticism of something, like "bad writing", "nonsense" or any other kind of meaningless term whatever the show. Ask them to give an example of that in the show and explain how it is bad writing or whatever. If they don't and just reply with a short shitposty kind of thing you know that you can disregard their posts as being a shitposter or troll.
>>
There's really not much going on this season. If Flip Flappers is the flavor of the season, then something has gone horrible wrong.
>>
>>148906008
>flavor of the season
That would be drifters, Flip Flappers is more like hipster favourite who likes to be "knowledgeable" about anime by being able to name some animations and only likes artsy things.
>>
I want to like Flip Flappers due to the style and it being somewhat original but I struggle to get through each episode.
>>
>>148905874
I didn't found the first episode of Flip Flappers to be intriguing nor creative. It's generic genki girl that befriends generic shy girl for no real reason, and then oh surprise ! Generic shy girl has a hidden power ! there was 0 character developpement, and nothing for me to get engaged into. It was incredibly dull.
That's why I need to watch what happens after that, because from that episode I can't understand the hype around it outside of the amazing sakuga, and I desperatly want to like it because of it.

And Hibike isn't dull, the goals are clearly set and it's full of conflicts. The conflicts aren't flashy, and the animation is realistic and subtle so it may be why you find it dull, especially if you compare it to Flip Flappers.
>>
>>148906201
>I didn't found the first episode of Flip Flappers to be intriguing nor creative
Yeah because you see beautiful worlds created like that all the time in anime.
>>
>>148906056
You think so? I think part of being flavor of the month is that it will be forgotten once the new season rolls out. Drifters, on the other hand, might actually get some genuine fans.

Don't care enough to argue about it though.
>>
>>148906008
Everything is alright. Name flavour of the season or good anime of the last few seasons this year.
>>
>>148904617
I can't watch Nanbaka without thinking about Superjail!.
>>
>watching
Frip
Maho battle
PING PONG
www.working

>talk about over the week tier
Maho battle

>fun to look at
Frip
PINGPONG

>art
www.working

I feel like I am forgetting one or two but oh well.

>>148904832
>delusional shitposters or people flaunting their poor taste
Rate me senpai
>>
>>148906084
Same here. Characters are just so goddamn bland and unlikable.
>>
>>148906261
Well, a world full of snow isn't really that impressive. And if we're talking about beautiful worlds, we do have Uchouten Kazoku, Hibike, Hyouka, Grimgar, Kill la Kill, Yurikuma, Little Witch Academia, etc. So yeah, we do kind of get beautiful worlds all he time.
>>
>God tier
Flip Flappers
Hibike

>Good tier
Girlish Number

>Ok tier
Sangatsu

>why am I still watching this tier
WIXOSS

>dropped tier
Classicaloids
>>
Meh season. Even American horror movies are more creative than anime nowadays.
>>
>>148906201
>a narrative work does character development and does something engaging in 20 min chrono
No my man, shit doesn't work like that.
>>
>>148906447
Not to shit on your opinions or anything, but care to share? I've been struggling desperately to find some watchable 3D stuff, and after watching Black Mirror, I'm back to waiting for new episodes of Westworld. Lights Out was the last movie I enjoyed.
>>
>>148906401
Personally I finished the first episode with the impression that the show was fun and exciting wanting to know more about how everything worked seeing that there were a lot of small details there that were carefully crafted to give us snippets of information about it. The show has taken its time with the overarching plot though, only now is the central conflict starting to be established so I guess if character driven conflicts are what interests you in anime I can see why you wouldn't get into it straight away.
>>
>>148906394
shit, watch more mature show like keijo or yuri on ice
>>
>>148906540
bone tomahawk
>>
File: é»’é½£1031.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
é»’é½£1031.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
I like this season
>>
>>148906540
The Witch.
>>
>>148904065
>God Tier:
>Flip Flappers

IT had literally just ONE good episode
>>
>>148906628
is that Okusama ga Seitokaichou?
>>
>>148906458
You now that establishing interesting characters is a part of character development ? Look at Girlish numbers, in 20 minutes I know that the heroine is a dumb overly proud and optimistic two-faced bitch, wich makes me very anxious to see how she will develop, and the show did not disapoint.
Kumiko from Hibike, in the first 20 minutes I also find out a lot about the way she acts and think, and she already starts with a problem she has to resolve with another character. Makes me anxious to see how she and her relation with will develop.
Yuri on Ice, I know that the MC admire Victor but is also quite weak, now that the show end up showing Victor barging in it makes me anxious to see how things will develop and if MC will get his shit together.
Flip Flappers ? Main heroine is a shy kuudere who doesn't know what she wants to do, the anime doesn't adress that and goes on to inject a idiot genki girl that's just all smile and go to great lenghts to save a stranger. Im really not engaged into the main girl at this point, in fact Im more intrigued by genki girl being so fucking selfless for no godamn reason.

So yeah there you have it anon. Character developement needs a base, and Flip Flapper's base is very shaky.
>>
File: é»’é½£1006.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
é»’é½£1006.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>148906682
yes, s2
>>
>>148905414
but your webm confirms OP is right
>>
God tier:
Tiger Mask W
Tiger Mask W
Tiger Mask W

Ok:
Flip Floppity Flop
Izetta
Drifters

Trash tier:
Bloodivores
>>
>>148906575
Thanks~

>>148906672
Already seen it. Thought it was too tame to accomplish what it set out to do.
>>
>>148906700
You're acting on the supposition that ALL works must follow a certain pre-determined set of requirements. It's idiots like you who need all spoonfed to you from the first part who are ruining entire industries by not being willing to adapt to other types of narratives. And for the record, Hibike S2 is not even half as good as the first one because the drama is seen from the point of view of someone who's not even involved.
You can focus on characters for certain works like drama but to demand that all works do this is the summit of autism and pretentiousness and it makes you look like a self-inserting asshole.

Eva really was a plight upon the medium, it seems.
>>
File: Frame4619.jpg (91KB, 867x720px) Image search: [Google]
Frame4619.jpg
91KB, 867x720px
>>148904065
keijo and shakunetsu are great
>>
>>148906807
Budget admittedly is heavily funnelled into the fights, but it's still going to be AOTS when all's said and done
>>
Watching:
3-gatsu no Lion
Udon no kuni no kiniro kemari
Drifters

Waiting for Blu rays:
Brave Witches
KEIJO!

Dropped:
Everything else
>>
This entire season is trash. This is a backlog season
>>
>>148904065
I haven't seen Flip Floppers, but it looks pretty boring t b h
>>
>>148907028
protip of the day: you can use tbqh if you want to avoid desu
>>
This season I'm just watching Jojo because its Jojo, Keijo because I think that dumb shit is funny, and Gundam orphans due to me already seeing the previous season.

I am completely out of the modern anime cycles despite coming to /a/ constantly. Most of the shows people praise here, like Re:Zero, I detested. But I guess I will just take the hook again and try Flip Flappers out. Absolutely nothing else has even remotely caught my interest, not even that one show thats seemingly airing that has that girl with absurdly giant tits.
>>
Why Hibike got so much love? Is it boring like the first season?
>>
>>148906828
That's the set of requirements needed in order to build interesting characters, and it doesn't need any kind of spoonfeeding, you can be subtle about it.
Flip Flappers first episode is pretty much all about the characters, or at least the adventure in itself wasn't interesting.

Im fine with non-character driven shows like real mecha shows and so on, but if the character are uninteresting, their relation is uninteesting, and the adventure is uninteresting, what am I supposed to enjoy ?
>>
File: 1475693321138.png (938KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475693321138.png
938KB, 1280x720px
>>148904065
>>148905233
>Keijo
>Garbage
>>
>>148907504
>if the character are uninteresting, their relation is uninteesting, and the adventure is uninteresting
All of that was interesting though.
>>
File: Papika laugh.gif (360KB, 317x189px) Image search: [Google]
Papika laugh.gif
360KB, 317x189px
>All this hate for flippity flappity.
>>
>>148907605
Not really seeing hate, mostly praise and "its okay".
>>
>>148904065
Troll OP. Here are teh real rankings

AOTS:
Gyarulish Plumber

God tier:
Hibike! Euphonium S2
Drifters

Great tier:
Cheating Craft
Yuri!!! on Ice
Bloodyvores

Good tier:
WWW.Working!!
Keijo!!!!!!!!

Dropped:
Everything else
>>
>>148907652
Shit taste
>>
>>148904369
Meme. Its rolling girls/fractale/comete lucifer of the season, complete flop.

>>148904451
Please dont comparae Gainax stuff or Kyousogiga to trash that is FF
>>
>>148905979
The problem is that those extreme low-tier shitposts fill up the thread, and people who would love to talk about the show will just frustratingly give up, because there's no point in trying to read through all the garbage to find the actual worthwhile posts to respond to.

And thanks to anonymity and persistence, shitposters could just reply to their own posts.
Heck, some can simply coordinate their shitposts on IRC, spamming samefag-arguments which also do nothing but fill up the thread quickly with worthless metabitching content.
Others just reply to their own posts.
>>
>>148905343
>not a faggot
>>
>>148907686
I don't believe that someone who genuinely enjoyed the Kyousougiga ONAs wouldn't find plenty to enjoy in Flip Flappers. That coupled with the mention of flopping as if it is important whilst praising Kyousougiga makes me doubt the sincerity of this post.
>>
File: 1475938016287.jpg (280KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1475938016287.jpg
280KB, 1280x1440px
>>148904065
Holy shit, I don't think that ranking could be any worse, even if you tried
>>
>>148905272
>Watch Touken Ranbu for the cute shotas
>It's garbage
I am so disapointed. I guess I'll just catch up on Shounen Maid.
>>
>>148904065
>mahou shoujo's keikaku
>garbage

You take that back
>>
>>148907605
It's reactionary. Both against the popularity and the sheer volume of annoying bullshit poured out from fans. I like the show but I don't even post in the threads, really. Some fags post it everywjere
>>
>>148907815
Kyousogiga has actually a very well crafted story and talented director, leet alone unique visual appeal.

FF story is nothing, direction meh and aside sporadic moments of good animation - its complete disappointment.

Just because show might somewgat "look like" FLCL, Abenobashi etc. does not mean even remotely its as good.

FF at this point is worse than Rolling Girls. There is still time to improve for it, but as it stands now it its not great by any measure.
>>
>>148907920
>Kyousogiga has actually a very well crafted story and talented director, leet alone unique visual appeal.
All things that Flip Flappers has too so far.
>>
>>148907954
If it did, the only /a/ discussion about the show woudnt be about it flopping
>>
>>148904065
>Good
>Yuri on Ice
>3-gatsu no Lion
Literally fujoshit taste.
>>
>>148907994
It's almost as if you don't browse /a/ at all, there have been threads full of speculation and discussion 24/7 since the first episode aired.
>>
>>148906731
Is that series any good?
The plot sounds completely fucking retarded
>>
>>148904065
This season is utter garbage. Easily one of the worst in years.
>>
>>148908024
Its only as if you only browse the small circlejerk of deluded fanboys that still hope it`ll get good - evenually.
>>
>>148905261
>Mop Shitco
>good
Back to tumblr, fucker, and take your normalfag-pandering fujoshit with you.
>>
>>148908071
>autosage threads
>with 100+ unique IPs

whatever you say to justify your opinion m8 :^)
>>
I've learned something after a few years browsing /a/.

If an anime is:
1.)loved by MAL, hated by /a/: it's shit.
2.)loved by /a/, lowly rated by MAL: worth looking at but most likely shit.
3.)Loved by BOTH /a/ and MAL: Anime is worth the watch, it's good.
>>
>>148908062
Fujoshits killed the industry instead of killing themselves. That's what happens when you let women into your hobbies.
>>
File: é»’é½£1025.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
é»’é½£1025.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>148908041
>cute girls
>ecchi borderline
It's fun, also a shorts so it's not like it takes up much time
>>
>>148908114
>m8 :^)
As evidenced. The only fags still shilling for FF are crossborders and redditors.
>>
>>148908071
>"only /a/ discussion about the show"
>point out that is wrong
>circlejerk blahblah

Yeah, nice. There aren't any other shows that have inspired constant threads reaching the bump limit since the first episode aired this season. There is as much if not more speculation about this show as there was around Kyousougiga on /a/.
>>
>>148908122
All anime is shit, senpai, just varying degrees of shit. But if MAL likes it at all, it's ultrashit.
>>
>>148908180
>responding to yourself.
I'm sure that guy just happened to post a minute later though right?
>>
>>148908187
>being this deluded
Its higher degree of delusion than even /u/tards in Hibike threads.
>>
>>148908255
He's going full shitposter now. Not even responding to the post being made just trying to dangle some shitty buzzword fanbase bait.
>>
I'm following lot of anime this season, long time since that happened.

Flip flap legit AOTY material

Good
Izetta
Hibike

Surprisingly good
keiji
Maho suffering

Good but on the wrong path
Drifter (fatefag pandering)
Occultic nine (Need time to unfold plot)

Giving a shot to the VA one today and if I manage to finally read the manga first also the chink chess one.

Overall a good season for me with 2 hig level original.
>>
>>148908255
yuritards and fujoshits need to be banned from /a/ desu
>>
>>148908341
I feel so sorry for you. It must be hard living with taste this shit.
>>
>>148908122
>1.)loved by MAL, hated by /a/: it's shit.
>2.)loved by /a/, lowly rated by MAL: it's shit.
>3.)Loved by BOTH /a/ and MAL: majority is megashit but a handful of shows are great
FTFY
>>
Drifters is my personal AOTS. Hibike is great.
I'm watching Keijo!!!!!! (might drop that), Girlish Number (might drop that too) as well.

This season sucks overall, I recommend to read manga or watch backlog instead.
>>
>>148908445
>Drifters
>good

>Girlish Number
>shit
Just accept it, your taste is shit and ugly.
>>
>>148908382
Then tell me, what did you watch in the last month? Even non airing will be fine.
>>
>>148908431
>>148908122
Niche shows are the light. You're clearly not ready to leave the shadows you skulk in.
>>
>>148908535
I accept that your face is shit and ugly.
>>
>>148904065
I've never seen KyoAnus animate something this good.

Damn, really makes you think.
>>
>>148908109
You sound upset.
>>
>>148908730
I know you're a namefag and all but for some reason I laughed at that one
>>
>>148908109
>normalfag-pandering
ahh based reigen eternally btfo filthy shitter will never get old.
>>
>>148908341
>Flip flap legit AOTY material
Stop reading there.
>>
>>148908109
Best anime of the year, wassup?
>>
This and sales threads are my favorite threads.
>>
Flip Flappers is non-narrative sakuga/adventure of the week and that's what makes it artistically purer than all the other shows this season.
>>
>>148910545
Too bad stalker threads get more mileage of their shitposting. People should just combine the two and get it over with.
>>
>>148910686
Your quoting is a disappointment
>>
>>148904782
>nobunaga shinobi

My negro
>>
>>148907954
It doesn't. The main characters are Mahou Shoujo archetypes seen a million times, and nothing about her relationship feels even remotely interesting or credible.
They're basically Nono and Lal'c if you removed everything that made them compelling and human.
Without that fundamental part of storytelling, all the fluff and pretty visuals amount to nothing.
A complete disappointment.
>>
>>148910770
I disagree. Cocona is a completely different character to Lal'c. Her main characterisation is someone with an empty life who is unable to make decisions for herself and is uncertain about her future resulting in a dull existence. Papika as a character is still largely a mystery but from what you can observe she is intelligent and skillful and outgoing but lacks social awareness. Together they are going to grow as people. It's at its heart a coming of age tale about the growth of those two characters through their friendship as they influence each other and help each other to see the world in new ways through shared experience. I think your appreciation of the show is very shallow and superficial and thus your impression is of a shallow and superficial show.
>>
>>148910545
Yeah, shitposting like this is incredibly relaxing.
>>
Flip flappers has the best animation and character designs this season imo
>>
>>148910999
Those differnces don't change the substance of their behaviours and interactions, which are incredibly dull and forced.
It's like they're trying to write the most textbook example of "hyperactive reatard makes stuck up bitch open up" they can, and the result is that it feels artficial and dead.
>>
>>148904065
God Tier:
Hibic/u/ck Ufonium

Man Tier:
Taiga Masuku

No one will remember them in one season Tier :
The rest of this garbage season.
>>
>>148904065
This is pretty gay but so far i like and its better than summer, i watch FLIP FLAP, Yaoi on ice, Izetta, Girlish Number, vivid , not Madoka, keijo and Drifters and i like them all.

But my AOTS is Tiger Mask W since last ep
Tora !
>>
The cool thing about TTGL copypastes like KlK and Flip Flop is they are forgotten fast after they finish airing.

Gimmicks lose effectiveness with repetition.
>>
>>148911589
They don't come off as dull or forced or textbook to me at all. Almost as if you are watching a completely different show to me to be honest. It isn't even "hyperactive reatard makes stuck up bitch open up" thats far too simple. Papika isn't a plot device to further Cocona as a character. She has also changed as a character as a result of interacting with Cocona as she realised that her carefree attitude can have serious detrimental effects on those around her she cares about if she doesn't consider the consequences of her actions.
>>
>>148911852
I still remember Rolling Girls, even rewatched it twice
>>
>>148911852
TTGL wasn't original to begin with, KLK and especially Flip Flop are nothing like it, and KLK still gets daily threads, so I'd say there's nothing in your post that isn't idiotic.
>>
>>148911852
>TTGL copypastes like KlK and Flip Flop
What the fuck am I reading?
>>
>>148911996
And I'd say you're a buttmad niwaka faggot who watched and liked all of those entry level trash anime.

And if you don't know what they have in common you might as well kill yourself.
>>
>>148911981
I use the instrumental version of Stones as my ringtone.

RG was such a nice show.
>>
>>148912045
It's like you're not even trying.
Here's your (You) anyway.
>>
>>148912045
>these are all the same
>someone has challenged me and I have no response
>quick better shitpost buzzwords to hide it
>>
>>148912121
Trying to do what retard?
All of those anime have literally the same mouthbreathing viewerbase. You're fucking admitting it by getting mad.

>>148912127
Maybe I used "copypaste" in a less than literal sense?

Enjoy your gimmick entry level anime though. I'm sure the bright colours and memes are doing wonders for your autism.
>>
>>148912231
go to bed anon, school's starting early tomorrow
>>
>>148911618
>Hibic/u/ck Ufonium

What joke are you playing where you call yourselves cucks?
>>
>>148912325
Says the FlipFlop watcher.
Is this some post ironic reverse trolling or what?
>>
>>148912231
What are the gimmick for TTGL, KLK and Flip Flappers? Please explain, impart your wisdom anime master.
>>
>>148911852
And another thing about TTGL copypastes is that they stay fresh in the minds of their haters like you. Thanks for recommending me to watch flip flappers!
>>
>>148912045
It's like someone fed shitposts to some bot and let it wrote posts with the same buzzwords and nonsensical opinions.
Trying so hard to fit in as a constantly angry idiot it reads like a parody.
>>
File: to be continued.gif (1MB, 200x155px) Image search: [Google]
to be continued.gif
1MB, 200x155px
>hardly anyone talking about working
its at least op/ed of the season
>>
>>148912468
It actually is, made me laugh.
>>
File: ttu.png (410KB, 953x536px) Image search: [Google]
ttu.png
410KB, 953x536px
>>148912468
>muh fit in
If anything I'm not trying to fit in with you braindead niwakas.

Go watch your neon colored exploding memes.

>it's satire
>>
>>148912605
which site are you using? I wanna try that bot
>>
>>148911852
you're retarded. This is clearly more like Punchline, Dead Leaves, etc - it will be shit and will be forgotten. It's already shitty anyway. Authors run out of ideas and decided to masshity mash every reference they can think of, starting from the laziest - the HnK copy-paste scenario at the beginning of the episode
>>
>>148912605
>Go watch your neon colored exploding memes

I will. What a pitiable man you are goddamn, trying to drag people into your depression just because you can't enjoy neon explosions.
>>
I'm glad Space Dandy s2 got green lit. Too bad they changed the quirky cast into two little girls. Gotta sell discs I suppose.
>>
>>148912502
>Hardly anyone talking about working

You make this sound as if that's a bad thing. The less it's mentioned in this thread the better.
>>
>tfw crunchyroll only has a few of the shows you want to watch
How do you bros handle this?
>>
>>148905489
>What I don't understand is why does no one care about Trickster.
Because it's fucking trash.
>>
File: 1452325267140.jpg (19KB, 285x281px) Image search: [Google]
1452325267140.jpg
19KB, 285x281px
>>148915106
>Crunchyroll
Fuck off newfag and post when you're not retarded.
>>
>>148915458
Huh?
>>
God-tier:
nothing

Great:
3-gatsu

Good:
Natsume
Haikyuu
Udon no Kuni
Bungou Stray Dogs

Ok:
Flip Flappers
Fune wo amu
All-Out
Yuri on Ice

Shit:
Hibike
Trickster
Occultic;Nine
Touken Ranbu
>>
3-Gatsu is good because it's a show about people who are miserable on the inside. I can really related to that.
>>
>>148915567
all of those, based on the premises and genres, I didn't even bother picking up.
Therefore you have shit taste.desu
>>
>3gatsu
manga is great, anime has some nice visuals and direction aside from the out of place Shaftisms

>Natsume
It's Natsume

>Yuri on Ice
I never thought they'd manage to make gay figure skating so fun

>Hibike
>muh PSTD over people quitting band practice years ago
>muh yuri pandering
Dropped

>Occultic;Nine
Genki ADD self proclaimed NEET MC and the retarded titty monster sidekick make this shit Unwatchable
Dropped

>Drifters
It's Hirano adapted right

>Flip Flappers
Eeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>148916709
>Hibike
>muh PSTD over people quitting band practice years ago
>muh yuri pandering
>Dropped

did you not watch S1 or something? What were you expecting?
>>
>>148917013
Both of those aspects got worse in season 2.
Or maybe I just got fed up with them.
>>
>>148917013
Not him but I thought that shit was solved at the end of season 1.

No one gives a fuck about the second years. NOBODY. It's so fucking stupid.
>>
>>148904065
>Garbage
>Drifters
leave it to /a/ to have shit taste
>>
>>148904065
>Drifters
>garbage

>Hibike
>yuri on ice
>good
>>
>>148917259
>>148917527
drifters is trash. fuck off with your edgy garbage.
>>
>>148917580
>edgy means bad.
Please explain.
>>
only shows that matter are tiger mask w and drifters...everything else if waifu bait.
>>
>>148917527
Drifters looks really good visually, but is garbage. Like Hibike
>>
God Tier:
FliFlia
Izetta

Shit tier:
Everything else.

Watch it for 1 scene tier:
Vivid Strike - only watch episode 4, the others are shit plus the writing is terrible. I mean unless fucking Rinne's parents are siblings then the writing is fucking shit.
>>
>>148917259
LN fags cant hand anything other then waifu and yuri pandering
>>
>>148904065
Is this the new season of Dragon Ball?
>>
>>148904863
Nowhere, anon. I'm sorry.
>>
>>148917580
Anything with gore is edgy and violence to you Light novel faggots
>>
>>148904833
2ch doesn't like it. It seems Pixiv likes it just fine, though.
>>
>>148917818
>Light novel faggots
What the fuck are you talking about
>>>/v/
>>
>>148917889
What the fuck does /v/ have to do with Drifters
>>
>>148917889
fuck off /a/ isn't your safespace
>>
>Elder GOD tier
Teekyu S8

>Good (Still watching)
FlipFlop
Oreo!
Drifters
Hibikek
Izetta
Jojo
Nanbaka
Brave wichis
Sweaty pingpong

>Dropped
Occultic9
Bloodivores
Tiger mask
Mahou shoujo
>>
>No mention of Matoi in this thread
You guys suck
>>
>>148904065
>Yuri on Ice
>Hibike
>good
>Tiger Mask
>Izetta
>only OK
>drifters
>ikusei
>garbage

Your taste is pretty shit but at least you recognize Flip Flappers.

>>148904121
>>148904206
There's nothing you even need to understand. Obviously you could interpret it in a million different metaphorical/symbolic ways – it's just that type of show – but it's perfectly enjoyable if you just view it as what it is so far: a fun adventure with some incredible animation and a great imagination.
>>
File: 1406729107306.jpg (192KB, 700x720px) Image search: [Google]
1406729107306.jpg
192KB, 700x720px
God tier:
Eupho.
Drifters.
All Out.

Good tier:
3 Gatsu.
Bungou Stray Dogs.
Stella no Mahou.
Udon no Kuni
Yuri on Ice.
Mahou Shoujo.

Okay tier.
Izetta.
Shakunetsu.
Tiger Mask.
Occultic Nine.
Nanbaka.
Flip Flappers.
Keijo.
Trickster.

Meh tier:
Watashi ga Moete.

Garbage but will finish tier:
Long Riders.
Bloodivores.
>>
Animation tier:
Hibike
Flip Fap

Great tier:
Ping Pong Grills
Lion

Good tier:
Keijo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Girlish Number

Trash tier:
Matoi
>>
File: 1476558527914.jpg (693KB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
1476558527914.jpg
693KB, 1920x1090px
Best Tier:
Sengoku Choujuu Giga

Shit tier:
Everything else
>>
Is there no one watching StellaMahou this season?
>>
>>148904065
Of the shit I'm watching:

God tier:
Flip Flappers
Keijo!!!!!!!!

Great tier:
Tiger Mask W
Shuumatsu no Izetta
Regalia: the Three Sacred Stars

Good tier:
Brave Witches
Drifters
Matoi Sacred Slayer

I'm not dropping you because I'm autistic and hate dropping things and literally no other reason tier:
Trickster

Pretty pleased with this season tbdesu
>>
>>148917580
>drifters
>edgy
i dont get it. is this a meme, or kids today are sheltered faggot and never seen mild violence in their life before? would they mindbreak if i show them the timetravelling rapist serial killer?
>>
Occultic;Nine treatment is unreal. There must be something going on. Is there some sort of community who backlashed the show at the beginning and creating a snowball effect? I din't know anything about it and really enjoyed the premise of the first episode. And what i see? Everyone shitting on it, with exactly the same arguments that doesn't even make any sense? How?
>>
>>148911852
>current year
>still making those stupid TTGL/KLK comparisons when P&SG and Dead Leaves exist
>>
>>148904065
>Tiger Mask W
>Just OK
Fuck off this this.
>>
>>148904065

Hey /a/ lets bullshit rank the season again and be stupid.
>>
File: tiger mask being a spotmonkey.png (417KB, 938x562px) Image search: [Google]
tiger mask being a spotmonkey.png
417KB, 938x562px
KING OF THE WILD, WILD, WILD
KING OF THE WILD, WILD, WILD
>>
>>148918741
probably because the premise sounds like your average LN trash written for 14 year olds
>>
>>148918719
what anime is that?
>>
>>148904065
>God Tier:
>Flip Flappers
Not even top 3 this season.
>>
>>148918994

The average LN trash has for premise a questionning about the limit between the occult and the sciences in the context of a detective novel? Average LN trash is not supposed to be harem?
>>
>>148918014
>dropped
>Tiger Mask
Somebody can't handle KING OF THE WILD WILD WILD
>>
>>148918741
They're literally from reddit and couldn't keep up with what was happening in the first episode. That's it.
>>
>>148918741
What killed it for me was the unbearable MC, annoying, couldn't even finish the first episode
>>
>>148919439

There's 9 MC. That's because the guy said he's a NEET? That's very common in anime and people don't have any problem with that usually. The MC of Flip Flappers is a young, depressive, bored of life girl who left her world to live an adventure. You can't be more cliché and no one cares.
>>
File: Sweaty Munemune.jpg (894KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Sweaty Munemune.jpg
894KB, 1200x1200px
>God Tier
Shakunetsu no Takkyu Musume

>High Tier
Stella no Mahou
Hibike
Show by Rock
Keijo

>OK Tier
Matoi
Flip Flappers
Vivid Strike
Regalia
Long Riders

>Shit Tier
Ikusei
Yaoi on Ice
>>
Drifters, Izetta, Natsume, Shigatsu and Fume wo are the only worth watching shows this season.
>>
>>148904065
>Masterpiece Tier
March comes in like a lion
Flip Flappers
>Great Tier
Syakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume
Yuri on Ice
Drifters
>Good Tier
Mahousyoujo Ikusei Keikaku
Occultic Nine
Hibike

This season is great.
>>
>>148904065
>Garbage
>Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku
Am I the only person who strongly disagrees with this?
>>
>>148922633
Among the mahou shoujo shows this season it's the weakest
>>
>>148904065
>DBZ style fighting
Dropped before I even picked it up.
>>
>>148904065

>shit that is worth watching
Flip Flap
Ping Pong no Queers

>shit that might be worth watching
Izetta
Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars

>shit that probably isn't worth watching but I am watching it anyway
ViVid Strike!
Hibike! Euphonium

>shit that isn't worth watching
Matoi

>downloaded but haven't bothered to watch yet
Occultic

Might check out Drifters and Keijo later. The constant "Drfiters is good" vs "Drifters is utter garbage" shitposting makes me assume it must have merit. I'll watch WIXOSS if it turns out to not be shit, which seemed unlikely from the start and is just getting more unlikely.
>>
>No one mentioned Mahou Shoujo Nante.
I enjoyed this so much.
>>
>>148923135
>>shit that isn't worth watching
>Matoi
There only thing that is shit here is your taste
>>
>>148923245
Of all the things on my list you choose that one to be the one you didn't like?

It was so bad that I don't even know how you could unironically say that.
>>
>>148922760
Weaker than Flip Flappers, maybe, but it's stronger than Matoi.
I can't think of any super-stereotype mahou shoujos aside from Nazotokine which is a short.
>>
Drifters is a slide show
Why would you watch it when it's just the manga with colors?
>>
>>148923372
Izetta
>>
>>148923372
>Weaker than Flip Flappers, maybe, but it's stronger than Matoi
No, Matoi is actually fun to watch by episode 3, things actually move and it actually feel like you are watching something not being infodumped in the most boring way.

>>148923368
That's because you have shit taste, shakunetsu no takkyu is your favorite show of the season yet it's one of the laziest written show in recent memories with characters who keep spamming their quirks, a protagonist who is the most stereotype GANBARU character ever, shit direction and barely any animation.
So don't talk about taste
>>
>>148904065

nice grouping of shows.

even the garbage-tier is good and entertaining as fuck
>>
>>148904065
OP is...right?!
>>148904369
AOTY material, Off the top of my head I can think of only a couple of things that were really good this year and none of them made me more excited every week
>>
>>148923374
Pretending shitters has good animation is the hottest meme among normalfags this season. Along with pretending hirano is a good auhtor
>>
File: Annoyed Chino.jpg (96KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
Annoyed Chino.jpg
96KB, 720x720px
>Drifters
>Garbage
>Flip Floppers
>Good
>>
>>148904833
>Wut? There's nothing "normie" nor "tumblr" about FlipFlap. It's a Mahou Shoujo and "normies" hate Mahou Shoujo.
>Even Japan doesn't like it

because 2ch is the reddit of japan

fuck reddit and fuck 2ch!
>>
File: DON'T TWEET THIS.png (333KB, 664x546px) Image search: [Google]
DON'T TWEET THIS.png
333KB, 664x546px
>>148923509
I guess, but it doesn't fit the archetype as strongly as the other three.

>>148923537
I like Matoi a lot, but I like the cast of characters and general plot of Ikusei more. Matoi feels a little poorly formed and standard so far. Not much has been said about their circumstance, in lieu of heavier character focus/cutesy shit.
Ikusei requires less exposition, so they'd had more chance to build relations, which are more-so the core of the show.
That said, Matoi herself is the best character in either show hands-down.
>>
>>148923655
Ikusei just reeks of LN writing, it's pretty annoying
They are taking the most boring shortcuts writing wise
>>
>>148923655
Flip Flappers barely counts as a magical girl itself. Izetta has followed its format since the first episode.
>>
Anyone that liked Hellsing will like Drifters. Hirano doesn't change his style.
>>
>>148923873
>Anyone that liked Hellsing will like Drifters. Hirano doesn't change his style.
He also doesn't like animation if his shows are any indication
>>
>>148923537
What do you even have to look forward to in Matoi? How did you watch the first episode and think anything other than "Oh fuck someone decided to make Day Break Illusion again except with father/daughter incest". "I think it is fun and it didn't have infodumping" is hardly evidence of anything good in the show, and then you rag on other shit that is fun and has no infodumping so I still have no idea why you are watching Matoi.

Is your idea of fun just "character is naked on screen" because there is better shit to watch for that.
>>
>>148923960
Is your idea of fun just lazy written characters (oh her name is Munemune and she has big boobs, got it? So witty), lazy situations (oh the protagonist is losing but she come behind in the second half because fun is fun x3 in 2 episodes) and no animation?
>>
>amazing as always
Natsume Yuujinchou
>great
Time Bokan
Ping Pong Girls
Nyanbo
>good
Flip Flappers
Mahou Shoujo Nante
>decent
Eupho S2
>I really appreciate the 2D mecha but the writing is really starting to suck
Regalia
>>
AOTS
Flip Flap

Good-tier
Keijo, Drifters

OK-tier
3-gatsu
Girlish Plumber

Didn't ever bother watching the ep yet
Izetta, O;N

Preemptively dropped
the rest

How you can not like Xebec's latest tits & ass series? This time literally about tits & ass.
>>
>>148924050
>2D mecha
Really? Maybe I'll give it a try.
>>
>>148924325
Yup. Its the only reason why I'm still watching it.
>>
>>148924048
>"lazy written characters"
>"lazy situations"
Do you say the same shit about SoL shows? Or have you never watched a sports fucking anything before?

And then you didn't even mention any merits of Matoi in your post. How are you going to convince me I have shit taste at this rate?

I guess I can do this too though.

Is your idea of fun just lazy written characters (oh she looks like her mother so her father can grope her, how clever), lazy situations (oh the protagonist is naked after transforming, look how intensely and not lazily I am writing with one hand) and no animation?
>>
>>148923637
Driferts is horrible.
>>
>>148925770
The only thing that is horrible is your attempt at spelling
>>
>>148925797
Now I am sure that is not the only thing anon.
>>
>>148925823
Certainly, all of your other posts are terrible as well.
>>
AOTS:
Tiger Mask

Watching:
Touken Ranbu
Shuumatsu no Izetta
Occultic;Nine
Girlish Numbers

Dropped:
Bloody Whores
>>
>>148904065

There isn't really anything that's garbage this season. Just about all of it is at least watchable. At least we're not getting 3-4 harems a season anymore.
>>
Watching pretty much everything new every day, no sequels.
Only good anime so far is Fune wo Amu, probably a 7/10

Shit season desu
>>
>>148904065
Excellent tier:
Drifters
Shakunetsu ping pong girls

Good tier:
Izetta
Keijo!!!!!!

Ok tier:
Ajin 2
Brave Witches (More of a meh disappointment tier)
Touken Ranbu
Long Riders!
>>
File: Karsten arms folded.jpg (26KB, 300x415px) Image search: [Google]
Karsten arms folded.jpg
26KB, 300x415px
>>148926305
>>148926424
Well it's nice to know /a/'s as unified as ever.
>>
>>148904493
Comparing Flip Flap to Evangelion is laughable, and those people have watched so little anime that they'll let a bit of surreal imagery and minimal plot trick them into thinking that there's more to what they're watching. At three episodes in there's not a single character with any substance to them whatsoever, there's almost no story beyond monster of the week macguffin collection, and there is no serious motivation for the characters to be doing what they're doing.

Overall it's a show that wants to look different, but isn't particularly different in any way that matters. There's nothing wrong with that, plenty of people will enjoy a late night mahou yuri series with a different coat of paint and good production values, but to claim it's anything special is completely naive. It is only episode three though, so there's still the possibility that they take it into a different direction.

Either way it's going to get lots of hate, because the first three episodes (which is where most people form their opinions) really come across as the type of show that attracts idiots who claim it's more than it actually is.
>>
Only watching Drifters and Flip Flappers. Dropped everything else. Still better than spring though.
>>
>>148927536
I'm not sure where you are finding these "idiots" that claim it is more than it is. Sounds like a strawman to me.
>>
>>148928159
None of those people claimed it was "like" Evangelion.
The closest you got is someone saying it has the "Evangelion Effect", which isn't a claim of similarity, rather something the viewer feels.
The post at the bottom even basically said "you can like it whilst completely ignoring the meaning behind it."
>>
>>148927536
>At three episodes in there's not a single character with any substance to them whatsoever, there's almost no story beyond monster of the week macguffin collection, and there is no serious motivation for the characters to be doing what they're doing.

Jesus christ.
>>
>>148928159
Most of those posts are pointing out how simple it is? Not really sure what you are getting at there. There is one guy that mentions Evangelion because it often leaves viewers confused but thats as far as that comparison goes. None of them are making it out to be more than it is though or saying it has some super DEEP meaning. Just praising the elements of it they enjoy.
>>
>>148928294
Yep. Three episodes in and the characters are literally risking their life and limb for no benefit because "adventuring is fun!"

The story is a joke.
>>
>Looking-forward-to-everyweek tier:
Occultic;Nine (Plot)
Bubuki Buranki S2 (Mindless Fun)
Saiki Kusou no Psi-nan (Comedy)

>Great tier
3-gatsu no Lion
Touken Ranbu
Bungo Stray Dogs S2

>Good tier
WWW.Working
Trickster

>Might-drop tier
Natsume S5
SB69 S2
Nanbaka
Yuri!!! on Ice
Udon Tanuki

>Might pick-up tier:
Izetta
Kiitarou Shounen no Youkai Enikki
>>
>>148904065
AOTY tier:
Flip Flappers

Great tier:
Long Riders

Good tier:
Hibike
Sangatsu no Lion
Vivid Strike

Dropped Garbage:
Classicaloid
>>
>>148918277
>Trash tier: Jebus Matoi

Indeed.
>>
>>148918741
There are studio A-1 haters here.
>>
>>148928239
>None of those people claimed it was "like" Evangelion.
Nice strawman faggot. Who are you quoting?

>The closest you got is someone saying it has the "Evangelion Effect", which isn't a claim of similarity, rather something the viewer feels.
Which is inherently misleading. Evangelion's "what the fuck did I just watch" is in reaction to complex and unorthodox storytelling. FF has neither, it doesn't have a complex or unorthodox story to begin with.

>The post at the bottom even basically said "you can like it whilst completely ignoring the meaning behind it."
Implying there's meaning behind it to begin with.

>>148928347
>Most of those posts are pointing out how simple it is?
>ctrl+F "Simple"
>the only one using the word "simple" is accusing someone of describing the characters too simply

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>148928835
How is Bubuki? I was hoping for some CG ass whooping but then it turned into mecha/super sentai and I had to drop it.
>>
File: 1021.png (144KB, 700x240px) Image search: [Google]
1021.png
144KB, 700x240px
>>148904065
>Garbage
>Drifter
shit taste
>>
>>148929092

How are you so fucking stupid that you think the idea of something being simple can only be expressed with the word "simple"?
>>
>>148904065
This except drop everything down two tiers.
>>
File: 1447442687408.jpg (35KB, 481x960px) Image search: [Google]
1447442687408.jpg
35KB, 481x960px
How is Fune wo Amu? Should i watch it?
>>
>>148929210
I was just calling bullshit by pointing out the irony in your own statement. By all means, quote where in "most" of the posts I referred to they described the series in a way that would equate to calling it "simple".
>>
>>148929405
Why don't you point out how any of those posts make it out to be more than it is first? You never actually did that at any point in your response to people challenging you.
>>
why the fuck everybody on /a/ think that FLIP FLOPEERSS is a fucking AOTY jesus fuck
>>
>>148929150
It has some mecha battorus here and there; S2 is full of BBKBRNK plot/story expansion and in the latest episode, we have a whole team get killed on screen[/spoiler].

I personally stopped watching after 30 seconds in at episode 1 season 1, but the comfy threads and webms made me watch it all and now I really appreciate on how well-done the CG is. There are even some scenes where it doesn't feel or look CG at all. It's definitely the best CG anime series done right.

S2 needs more Reoko though.
>>
>>148929405
That's not me you braindead moron.

Every single fucking post in every thread saying that people say Flip Flappers is complicated has been people who were putting words into other people's mouths or baiting people like you.

Why don't you explain how the people in >>148928159 were being idiots claiming it was "more than it is".
>>
File: rinne mad.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rinne mad.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
This was easily the greatest 30 seconds in the entire season so far.
>>
>>148929251
It was kind of like Barakamon but without little girls and more serious, with some great character animation. I think some might find the way they wax lyrical about the virtue of a beautiful dictionary a little much to swallow but its kind of one of those "respecting the traditional japanese arts" type of shows through character driven plot I think.
>>
>>148929667
It has nice animation, third episode had sexy fanservice of a pseudo-nekkid plant demon girl doing lesbo-things to a harem of other pretty girls in bondage outfits swimming in a bath tube, and it seems that the plot is now starting with the bad guys revealing themselves.

And most importantly, so far, the threads are still kinda fun to its fanbase, although the overspeculation is now starting to drop down massively.
I can see why many consider it their AotY, even if it's not mine.
>>
>>148929667
It's fun, charming and it's well animated.
It's not our fault that you are dead inside and can't feel joy and fun
>>
>>148929884
>>148929888
By that logic Keijo should be even better.
>>
>>148929780
I've never really seen anyone who likes Flip Flappers claiming it is DEEP or complicated or anything like that. The only time that really gets brought up is when people call it pretentious and then people who like it tend to point out that it is relatively easy to follow story if anything. I think people have the impression people think it is DEEP because people like to speculate about the relevance of references or potential visual clues in the show because it is so light on giving detail about things.
>>
>>148929934
Keijo isn't particularly well animated and I don't find things cynically created to sell based on fanservice all that charming or fun.
>>
Excellent Tier
Hibike S2
Haikyuu S2
Yuri on Ice!!!

Great Tier
Flip Flappers
3 Gatsu no Lion

Good Tier
www.wagnaria
Drifters

A season with plenty of good surprises, there is potential for Legendary tier anime here.
>>
>>148929884
There wasn't really much to speculate about in the last episode to be honest so that would explain the slowdown for now. It was mostly just a block of action in Pure Illusion with a few plot points introduced in a very explicit way.
>>
File: 1370692282001.jpg (159KB, 698x392px) Image search: [Google]
1370692282001.jpg
159KB, 698x392px
>occult;nine
>good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOVuPCEzIgU
>>
>>148929934
I'm sure that some in fact do consider keijoeightexclamationmarks to be their AotY simply because it's fun to see what is a straightforward fanservice idea (butt and boobs bumping involving girls in skintight swimsuits) to absurdly lethal superpowered fighting skill levels where smashing people with their butts as fast as a trained boxer hits within a second, and the main character even creates vacuum blades by superaccelerating her hip trust is a normal thing.
>>
>>148930185
See I just made this post >>148930004
but now I kind of want to watch episode 2 with that description.
>>
Ajin 2 = Hibike 2 > Working >>>>>>> Everything else.
>>
>>148930011
Why isn't Gatsu no lion excellent tier?
>>
>>148929640

>>148904065 (OP)
>God Tier:
>Flip Flappers
This goes without saying. Calling something that does nothing unique AotS is laughable.

>>148904451
>great animation, visual storytelling, fun, intriguing plots, creative worlds
Hello ignorant opinions presented as fact.

>>148904493
>It has the "Evangelion" effect on a lot of people so far
Already refuted earlier in the thread.

>>148904692
>looks absolutely beautiful
See >>148904451

>>148904769
>FlipFlappers talks with its visual, all we can hope for is that at the end of it, it will make sense
>all we can hope for is that at the end of it, it will make sense
That has literally nothing to do with visual storytelling, you moron.

>>148929780
So you're just a cheerleader then? Fuck off if you're just going to echo someone else's non-arguments.
>>
>>148929958
That's pretty much exactly it.

You can understand the meaning of the parts that have symbolism without understanding the symbolism. And even the symbolism isn't that hard to get. It doesn't take a phd to understand the Umwelt even if you have never heard of it, you don't need a guide to get the implications from a prominent art piece where a woman is drowning in a blackened forest, and everyone knows Hansel and Gretel.

Though I have seen dozens of people say Flip Flappers was somehow too confusing for them anyway. I assume those people recognize that there are hints to what is going on in the background and are just impatient for them to be brought into the light. Then again there are also people who see the ED and go "This has literally nothing to do with the show".
>>
>>148904451
>creative worlds
>not even 3 episodes in and already ripping off noteable works
WEW
>>
>>148927536
Flip Flappers is quite obviously about sexual awakening represented via abstract worlds. This is pretty much fact.
>>
>>148930435
>Calling something that does nothing unique AotS is laughable.
How does that even make sense.

>>great animation, visual storytelling, fun, intriguing plots, creative worlds
>Hello ignorant opinions presented as fact.
You literally express opinions as fact in the same fucking post.

>That has literally nothing to do with visual storytelling, you moron.
I can't even.
>>
>>148930597
The concept of a village in the desert doesnt belong to hokuto no meme, mad max or anything
>>
>>148930435
You haven't achieved you aim. All you have demonstrated is that you disagree with some peoples opinions. You can't even stay consistent with you original post. These
>>148904065
>>148904451
>>148904692
>>148904769
are all praise that can fall within "Overall it's a show that wants to look different, but isn't particularly different in any way that matters. There's nothing wrong with that, plenty of people will enjoy a late night mahou yuri series with a different coat of paint and good production values, but to claim it's anything special is completely naive.". None of them call it DEEP or original. Out of the other two one of them just states that it confuses viewers so compares that to Eva and the other says they enjoy it more than anything else this season.
>>
>Great tier
Flip Flap

>Good tier
Drifters
Tiger Mask W
Keijo
To Be Hero

>Ok tier
Izetta
All Out
Nobunaga no Shinobi
>>
>>148930597
>low effort meme reply with misspellings
WEW
>>
>>148930739
Forgot this one.

>Faggot cancer tier
Nanbaka
>>
>>148904657
>Mom look I used that word again!
>>
>>148930739
>>148930779
And forgot another one...wew

>Forgettable tier
Cheating Craft
>>
>>148930453
People misinterpret posts calling people idiots for claiming not to be able to follow the show as posts saying the show is complicated. When in reality what they are saying is the opposite, that it is a simple story so if you aren't dumb you should be able to follow it if you pay attention fairly easily.
>>
Top 3 anime of the year:
Flip Flappers
Flying Witch
Space Patrol Luluco
prove me wrong
>>
>>148930629
>How does that even make sense.
That was opinionated on my part, I admit. By someone's highly shallow standards, a show like FF can indeed be their AotS.

>You literally express opinions as fact in the same fucking post.
Where specifically?

>I can't even.
By all means cite where it's stated that using visual storytelling means the viewer is left with no grasp of the story and has to hope things will be clarified at the end.

>>148930731
You're just reframing what I said in a way that suits your argument. How do you know what I meant when I said "in any way that matters", or "different coat of paint and good production values"? You don't, so allow me to correct you: When I said "isn't particularly different in any way that matters" I was saying, among other things, that it didn't have "great" or better visuals or animation or direction, "visual storytelling" to any generally meaningful degree, "intriguing plots" for anyone with a veteran /a/non's or higher standard of writing, "creative worlds" by the same metric, any particular lack of story exposition, or any potential as a masterpiece.

Ultimately, if you're saying it's an overall mediocre (note that this still puts it squarely above most anime) anime that happens to scratch an itch for you, then we are in agreement. Anything greater than that, and you are giving the series undue praise.
>>
>>148931187
>3 meme shows
>>
The problem with FliFla is that all the wild speculation from the first episode made it seem deeper than it actually is and brought together the shitty "you're too dumb to get this superior masterpiece" fans and buzzword-spouting 2DEEP shitposters. If anything, the show is actually a bit too simple and shallow and it doesn't have much to offer beyond the nice visuals and yuri pandering.

That said, I can always appreciate a show with high production values, especially at a time where other studios can't even deliver their shitty low-budget episodes on time.
>>
>Sequels that I think are better than everything this season
Haikyuu
Natsume Yuujinchou

>Great Tier
KEIJO!!!

>Good Tier
Mahou Shoujou Ikusei Keikaku
Udon no Kuni
3-gatsu no Lion

>Ok Tier
WWW.Working

>Dropped Tier
Touken Ranbu
>>
>>148928835
How could you drop Natsume? This season seems just as good as the first four, so if you liked those, then why drop this one?
>>
>>148931790
No ultimately all you are saying is "my opinion of this is X and if you think it is better than that you are wrong because I am the anime master". When you say "attracts idiots who claim it's more than it actually is" in the context of the post you made it implied you were actually saying people were claiming it was some kind of deep unique meaningful masterpiece of the types never seen before in anime, which isn't the case. The one guy that mentioned masterpiece in all of those actually said it wasn't in the same post and probably wouldn't be if it carried on like it was much like your original post saying it was nothing special if it continued like it was. And if it isn't the case that you were claiming people were saying it was some super meaningful deep masterpiece then I see no reason to make the claim it is the type of show that "attracts idiots who claim it's more than it actually is". The fact remains that none of the posts you point out make claims of the show being anything more than fun and well produced as it currently stands.
>>
>>148932616
>specifically clarify the meaning of my post
>proceeds to put words in my mouth anyway
lol
>>
>>148932818
That isn't what happened at all. I was stating that I thought you were actually saying something other than "my opinion of this is X and if you think it is better than that you are wrong because I am the anime master" but it turns out you weren't.
>>
>>148932235
I just hope the action becomes less DBZ and more Precure.
>>
>>148932167
What does "meme show" even mean?
>>
>>148932235
It was never like that though, people were saying it was simple so you were an idiot if you can't follow it, not its complex so you are an idiot if you don't get it.
>>
If OP image is Flip Flap, I don't want to watch it
>>
>>148932970
Combined attack to defeat the monster of the week was pretty Precure.

>>148933150
Yeah same, I hate well animated fights and references to classics in my anime.
>>
>>148933231

Dragonball sucks, though. Always has, always will
>>
>>148933150
Don't worry it's actually Keijo.
>>
>>148932869
>That isn't what happened at all.
>No ultimately all you are saying is [quote taken from nobody]

>The fact remains that none of the posts you point out make claims of the show being anything more than fun and well produced as it currently stands.
Except of course when they claim it's "visual storytelling", "creative", or "amazing" in any way.
>>
>>148933069
It actually was but I like to think the sodium vapor lamp conspiracy made everyone realize they were going too far.
>>
Matoi > Flip Flop
>>
>>148933463
How else are you justifying claiming your opinion of a show is greater than those other posters? I mean why exactly would you say this is the kind of show that "attracts idiots who claim it's more than it actually is" rather than another show? There are plenty of other shows airing this season that aren't unique in anyway that people have claimed to be their favourite anime of the season so that suggests there is something more to the reason you think this show in particular is guilty of that than just people liking it more than you. Maybe it has something to do with people speculating or trying to infer things about the show based on small details?
>>
>>148904065
>Great
Keijo
Flip Flappers

>Good
Stella no Mahou
Drifters
ClassicaLoid
Show by Rock

>Ok
3-gatsu
Long Riders

>Want to watch but I really don't
Nanbaka
Yuri on Ice
Occultic Nine

I will probably claim Stella no Mahou as my AOTS so I don't get shitposted later.
>>
>>148933669
t. white fox hipster
>>
>>148933655
It wasn't though, I was in every one of those threads and it has always been like >>148930873
>>148929958
I describe here in my opinion. Besides people that were obviously shitposting.
>>
>>148933763
Why?

No one gives a fuck even if you put the new game clone in the garbage tier.
>>
>>148933741
When did this become about whose opinion was greater? Weren't you arguing that they weren't trying to claim the show was particularly good to begin with?
>>
>>148904369
It's quite good but so far I'm still reserving AOTY for Rakugo. So far competing with Hibike for AOTS I guess. It's definitely too early to say that it'll stay that way though.
>>
>>148933915
>When did this become about whose opinion was greater?
Your very first post claimed greater authority to your opinion than others by stating that people who think there is more to Flip Flappers than you think there is have "watched so little anime that they'll let a bit of surreal imagery and minimal plot trick them into thinking that there's more to what they're watching". The implication being that if they had watched more anime like you they would recognise that its nothing worthy of praise and it wouldn't "attracts idiots who claim it's more than it actually is".
>>
Is drifters that bad? The OP looks pretty cool.
>>
>>148935410
You know how it works: /a/ loves to be contrarians who shit on everything the normies like. Drifters is a well done anime written by the some guy who created Hellsing, therefore is popular enough for /a/ to hate it, specially because given the premise, it attracts a lot of legitimate cringe edgy kids.

Now, on another note, we're only like 3-4 episodes into the season, I think is too early to tell which ones will be good series and which are shit. So far, there is a lot of promises, but which ones will fulfil them, and which one will be disappointments... is hard to tell.

Drifters seems to be aiming to be a solid fun show and that's it. Style over substance for the most part, but there's a least a message about humanity overcoming magic and superstition through sheer cleverness and technology.
>>
>>148923614
>ellipses
>?!
Kill yourself, reddit.
Thread posts: 382
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.