[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name 1 (one) bad thing about this anime.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8

File: Hyouka.jpg (88KB, 429x600px) Image search: [Google]
Hyouka.jpg
88KB, 429x600px
Name 1 (one) bad thing about this anime.
>>
>>148876091
No S2.
>>
The first part of the series (pre-movie arc) is really slow and not very fun to watch.
>>
Shitty character interactions.
>>
The characters, the plot, Kyoani's typical overdone artstyle.
>>
>>148876091
Ending
>>
Movie arc solution is cheap and unsatisfying

Oreki's sister's genius is abused for plot convenience. This is most obvious in the cultural festival arc, where we're supposed to believe she planned all along for Oreki's trading game to acquire all the clues he needed.

Speaking of that trading game, why the fuck were those girls carrying bags of flour around the school?

Satoshi's character arc feels unfinished.
>>
>>148876091
it doesn't work. mystery is great, mundane mystery not so much.
>>
>>148876091
Kyoani
>>
File: 1932501231.png (11KB, 128x200px) Image search: [Google]
1932501231.png
11KB, 128x200px
>>148876091
boring dropped it after episode 1

kyoanus shit
>>
>>148876091
It's fucking boring. Mundane as shit.

Wasted potential.
>>
File: 1452299927318.jpg (57KB, 595x683px) Image search: [Google]
1452299927318.jpg
57KB, 595x683px
It ended.
>>
>>148876091
It's boring and the characters aren't likeable.
>>
It's completely uninteresting. I got about nine episodes in before I dropped it because I don't really give a shit about how some student film was supposed to end.
>>
Dropped it right after the last episode of my second rewatch.
>>
>>148876975
Damn Irisu-senpai was so best.
>>
Hotarou-Mayaka banter died down in the later episodes.
>>
>>148876091
Irisu didn't pop Oreki's cherry.
>>
>>148876091
The characters are generic moeblobs and are one dimensional as fuck.
>>
>>148877720
Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>148877900
Yes
>>
>>148876091
It's boring.
>>
>>148877720
Out of the main four, I think only Chitanda could be called one-dimensional.
>>
>>148877900
Nothing wrong with what he said. It's the truth.
>>
>>148876091
So boring that not even the animation could save it.
>>
>>148876091
It was made.
>>
>>148876478
It's not mundane if the characters don't consider it mundane
>>
It ended. It's KyoAni's best and Takemoto's magnum opus.
>>
File: curious.png (736KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
curious.png
736KB, 1280x720px
>>148876238
>>148876394
>>148876617
>>148876670
>>148877184
>>148877481
>>148878053
Is this an epic new form of ironic humor?
>>
dropped it after the first episode, it was so generic and boring, i couldnt possibly stand it.
>>
Picked it up after that >>148878433 anon dropped it and loved.
>>
>>148876091
First 12 episodes are a bore
>>
ruined top tier waifu material by making them get all worked up over inane shit
>>
>>148878766
Welcome to Kyoanus anime: melodrama, and nothing much else.
>>
>>148878766
t. Oreki
>>
>meanwhile, in bizarro /a/..
>>
>>148878328
The simplest answer is the most likely.
It was boring.
>>
Dropped it accidentally and it broke.
>>
>>148876091

It exists
>>
>>148878131
Today in anon's taste: watching an autist watch paint dry now a great actitivity.
>>
>>148876157
Came here to post this
>>
>>148876457
Why is it cheap and unsaisfying? It wasn't abused, she's to Oreki what Oreki is to us. Who cares. It does because it doesn't end there.
>>
>>148876091
Mysteries were terrible and made for an incredibly bad pretense for these characters to hang around one another and should've been done away with entirely.

Also no kiss.

Also the show was boring as fuck.
>>
>>148879466
The structure of the mysteries was on point. I actually liked them but many people seem to believe they're not good because they're used to murders when they hear the word mystery.
>>
>>148876091
3/4 people in that image let their blind retarded Aunt cut their hair.
>>
>>148876091
It was an okay show but the mysteries weren't that great (a good mystery needs to make the audience curious and want to/be able to speculate) and as an SoL it wasn't anything unique or particularly interesting
>>
>>148876157
fpbp
>>
>>148879612
Chitanda was Oreki's audience.
>>
>>148879612
>a good mystery needs to make the audience curious and want to/be able to speculate

That's what most mysteries did.
>>
>>148879543
No it's because they're boring as shit. There is no reason for any character to care about any of them, which is the ONLY reason why Chitanda's "I'm curious!" shit exists, so that they don't have to write a real motivation for any character to get invested, and so she has a reason to hang around Oreki at all.

They could've done real interesting stories with mundane explanations. Lots of stories do that with cliches about school mysteries and ghost stories. Here it's like shockingly retarded, like why did the English teacher make a mistake or whatever.

Then the show admits this later and undermines the whole point of the first half by having an episode where they talk about how Oreki is just making shit up and they begin to realize that they don't need the stupid shitty pretense to hang out and like each other.

Note how the vastly superior second half drops the "I'm curious!" excuse, and how something like getting stuck in a shed and figuring a way out is way more compelling.

it's also just a bad pretense to hang out with each other. It's not like they figure out things collectively or have any kind of interesting conversations. It's Oreki explaining things he thinks and everyone else rapt at attention. It's like some kind of highschool assburger's self-insert where people actually want to listen to him prattle on about dumb shit nobody cares about.
>>
>>148879424
>Why is it cheap and unsatisfying?
Because it spends a long time on exposition regarding the details of the mystery, inviting you to try and find the answer. Suprise, there is no answer.

>It wasn't abused, she's to Oreki what Oreki is to us.
It is abused because lots of of things don't make sense unless you accept the reasoning that Oreki's omniscient sister wanted it to happen.
>Who cares.
I care, if the only reason they had flour was that Oreki needed flour then that's shitty writing.
>It does because it doesn't end there.
The anime does
>>
It was amazing, but it was a little disappointing that the long story arcs stopped halfway through the series, being replaced by a bunch of standalone mysteries. The best parts were the longer mysteries that built up for episodes
>>
>>148879758
Yes there's no answer and they played you like fiddle, it made you feel frustrated I bet, kinda like how Oreki felt, oh my god where they trying to reflect Oreki's emotions on to you?
>>
>>148876091

It ended.
>>
>>148879754
That's just how you feel.
>>
>>148879837
This whole animu thing is supposed to be enjoyable.
>>
>>148876173

Wait...there's a movie?
>>
>>148876091
1.zzz
2.two fags not doubling up on two cuties
>>
Ending felt weak because it should've continued
>>
>>148879754

You wanted the focus to be different. That's fine. But I liked the first half where the focus was the actual issue itself rather than the characters.

>everyone else rapt at attention

I can emphasize with this because I was rapt at attention as well when Oreki explained stuff. It didn't matter if it was a big deal or if it was even true. I just liked thinking about this stuff. Made my mind wander a little and distracted me from all the horrible shit in the world.
>>
>>148880088

There's a manga. That's the reason. When you notice that the ending of an anime feels lackluster, always check if it's a manga adaptation. Not sure if I prefer the Full Alchemist route where they just make up their own ending, or inconclusive endings like this.
>>
File: dsfsdds.png (3MB, 1652x925px) Image search: [Google]
dsfsdds.png
3MB, 1652x925px
>>148879754
>There is no reason for any character to care about any of them

Yes and the show points this out very early on before Chitanda tells her about her uncle. This is the reason why Oreki makes up one of the mysteries just to calm her down.

>and so she has a reason to hang around Oreki at all.
She keeps hanging out with him during the first and second episodes because she's intrigued by his ability to solve mysteries, and thinks she could find out what happened with the whole Hyouka mystery,

>They could've done real interesting stories...
Your opinion

>Then the show admits this later...
Yes and this was a very clever thing to do

>Note how the vastly superior second half...
The second half that barely had any mysteries left and it was mostly SoL moments? I think your problem is that you don't like mysteries in the first place

>It's not like they figure out things collectively
Everyone was involved in the Hyouka mystery
>>
>>148879754
I agree with this
>>
>>148880520
He's wrong in most of what he said.
>>
I've never understood the complaint about the mysteries being mundane as the show is based on reality or how they are used as an excuse for the characters as the mysteries themselves shed light on the characters. The characterization leaks out among every single facet of the show. What I like about Hyouka's presentation is more so its theatrical framing, the whole thing feels staged. The lighting, the camerawork, the music, they all reflect Oreki's POV. Then festival arc then gives us the POV from all the different characters, showing how these collective perspectives help us understand the truth rather than just Oreki's.
>>
>>148880623
Shitposters who never watched the show or just played it in the background while shitposting on /a/ and then complaining when they didn't get it.
>>
>>148879693
>why the teacher was angry
That was lame as hell: I was more curios about why they overreact about it.
>>
>>148877597

man you must really hate it, i dropped it after the last episode of my forth rewatch
>>
Have any of you correctly guessed any mysteries before they were solved?

I managed to foresee the a/d teacher one.
>>
>>148881131
I almost guessed the cultural festival protests.
I actually did guess it, but when Oreki shared his theory it seemed like he was wrong so I thought yeah that's not it and then I thought something else which turned out to be wrong and my initial thought which I in the end considered to be wrong was, in fact, not wrong.
>>
>>148876091
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, boring and pretentious as shit
>>
>>148880623
my niggie
>>
Visual metaphors used for solving mysteries were a bit overdone in my opinion. And the ending was kinda unsatisfying. Still the best show by KyoAni, though.
>>
Will there ever be any more? I have not been following things.
>>
>>148882601
No.
>>
Hyouka is a case so obvious about style over substance that I just hope nobody who likes this ZZZZZZZZ series would dare to say stuff like Tatami Galaxy, Mushishi, Mononoke, Texhnolyze, etc. are pretentious.
The plot is boring; the characters are dull, so let's see if we can carry this boring series with good art, great animation and music. I'm too old for this shonen bullshit and I know enough about mystery fiction (this came from the land of Edogawa Rampo or Seicho Matsumoto) to just not care about it.

To make Oreki's genius stand out, every other character is made to look stupid, not to mention almost all of them suffer from 8th grade syndrome. And that's not the only retarded bullshit only illiterate nips would be OK with:
>script writer doesn't tell anyone the basic premise of the plot, OK
>can't get in touch with best friend (script writer). Why, because she's sick. OK
>I'm a database, lol and I'm perfectly fine with this
>I'm curious! I'm curious! Please indulge this beautiful ojousama just because.

If the whole series was a metaphor of how you can be marveled at daily life occurrences, it'd be OK. Yes, yes, you are right... SHIKASHI! the end-product is dull and boring, the gimmicks fail to be entertaining, and now matter how much comedy you try to include (festival arc, special), it's still boring. The same way all that 'comedy' doesn't add anything, the mysteries don't add anything either.
You can't help but feel you've been toyed with. But that's just me.
>>
>>148876157
/thread.
>>
File: 1466517060275.gif (2MB, 763x728px) Image search: [Google]
1466517060275.gif
2MB, 763x728px
>>148876091
It was simply boring.
>>
>>148876670

spotted the kid. Fuck off back to your weekly shounenshit.
>>
>>148883185
Weak bait
>>
>>148883491
>(You)
>>
File: KA.png (972KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
KA.png
972KB, 1000x1000px
Hyouka really is a pleb filter.
>>
File: Hyouka1.webm (3MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Hyouka1.webm
3MB, 1600x900px
>>148880623
Classic murder mystery has been done to death in Japan, (no seriously classic murder mystery is more beloved in Japan than it is in western now) it's actually only the plebs who are saying that the mysteries are mundane because "It's not the classics!"

The fact that the mysteries are on the mundane and are well thought out is what makes it interesting. I just ignore anyone who shitposts about character development because they clearly never watched the show. At the very least watch it for the amazing production value
>>
>>148879754
>>148883185
This.

At least KnK and chuu2 did some things with their "high school and visual metaphors" basis. Hyouka's closest point to being clever is that it justifies its flashy art and animation using anl amount of work on plot, character and setting that is the absolute minimal necessary, just like its main character. hah, it's like poetry! Except shit.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.