[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shelter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 27

File: 82388l.jpg (102KB, 427x600px) Image search: [Google]
82388l.jpg
102KB, 427x600px
This is surprisingly really fucking good, but since it's #6 on YouTube's trending list right now, /a/ will probably hate it. That and crunchyroll

So what's /a/'s opinion? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzQ6gRAEoy0
>>
What's with anime in movie theaters and DRAMA ?
It's like we can't have a japanese animated movie without crippling depression.
>>
Fuck off with this shitpost bait crap already. There's nothing left to discuss and your other thread is already failing and you're just looking for a new bite.
>>
>>148777953
Well I, for one, am contrarian to the point of loving everything. It is a state of Nirvana only the truest shitposters get to enjoy.
>>
>>148777989
It's just a short sadly, won't be in theatres I'm pretty sure
>>
>>148777989

It's hardly surprising given its Porter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAIDqt2aUek
>>
Honestly can we all just agree that this now qualifies as shilling
>>
>>148778014
I literally just saw it a few minutes ago and didn't see any other threads in the catalog before I made the post.
>>
>>148778066
>posting about reporting
Ya fucked up now kid
>>
>>148777953

Why is Sony so obsessed with trying to cram this down every social media avenues throat?
>>
It's another A-1 AMV dick sucking shill thread
>>
I wonder if Porter could get all of his live show visuals done by anime studios. That'd be maybe like a half hour of animation stretched out?
>>
Who gives a fuck about this guy seriously. I'm beginning to see what /a/ people mean about the invasion of crossboarders
>>
I read the synopsis and watched the ad, felt like I watched the entire film in a matter of minutes. The techno music seems out of place and unnecessary; however, the concept (except for dad scientist) is quite intriguing and has a Glass no Hana resemblance and atmosphere to it. So yeah, looking forward for more.
>>
/a/s deep discussions and analysis about AMV's part 8
>>
>I’m incredibly grateful to both Porter himself and A-1 Pictures for giving me this opportunity. I’ve never really thought of anime as something that belonged to Japan alone, so I’ll just say that the country they’re made in doesn’t matter; what does matter is ensuring you put out the best you can.
>Toshifumi Arai, A-1 Director
AHAHAH WEEBS BTFO
>>
>>148778190

In other word it matters but thanks for being there and shilling for us
>>
>>148777953
tfw no daughteru to send to space
>>
Shit music, good visuals. Ruined by the lack of synchronicity between the two.
>>
>>148778262
>Ruined by the lack of synchronicity between the two.
This. I actually enjoy both the visuals and the music but they obviously don't fit well together.
>>
>>148778262
>>148778301
>lack of synchronicity makes it shit
Can you elaborate?
>>
>>148778262
>Shit music
I thought it was decent. Then again I've been up for 30+ hours writing boring as fuck essays, so listening to nails against a chalkboard would probably sound good to me right now too
>>
why do mods leave these threads but take out others
>>
>it's an AMV

Cancerous music. What the fuck is even the point of this? Is it meant to be a trailer?
>>
>>148778310
Would this have worked better with calmer music? I think it would.
>>
Surprised by how hard people are hating on it here. It's a new take, and I enjoyed it. I like the dude's music and it was cool to see him put an image to his ideas.
>>
>ranked 303 on MAL

But it's fucking nothing. Literally what are people supposedly getting out of this?
>>
>>148778434

>Caring about MAL rankings ever
>>
https://youtu.be/eWItJOYc4Wg
this was better
>>
>>148777953
Its kind of meh. AMV tier transitions, shit music (with random as hell sync to the visials)
Stills, backgrounds, CG are all great, however animation and char models are shit.

Plot is nicely conveyed, through quick shots, montage, easter eggs.

Its ok.
>>
>>148778556
It;s better than Khara shit atleast.
>>
Honestly it's miles better than Shin Godzilla aka old men press con, which actually bored the hell out of me to death.
>>
Man remember when at least /a/ had yet to be infected by constant A-1 shilling. It's kind of over at this point. This is it right here this very moment, popular anime will forever be dictated by stealth marketing and social media influence.
>>
>>148778859
>popular things are dictated by marketing and crowd psychology rather than quality
Stop the presses.
>>
>>148778859

The guy is literally listed as signed to Sony Music on his twitter now. This whole thing has basically just been another viral marketing scheme of there's that people let dominate the conversation yet again and treated as some art piece. It's pretty retarded, but that's what anime is about basically.
>>
>>148777953
I like the song and the animation, the loli is cute.
>>
>>148778937

A-1's bottom line has always been about marketing Sony Music's stuff, that's the entire reason the company exists. The only reason they adapt anime stuff is a means to an end cause anime fans are particularly retarded and easily influenced by thinly veiled marketing schemes and simple appeals like moe and melodrama. This is pretty much the most obvious example of it ever.
>>
>>148778937
>>148778989
Is this supposed to be some sort of secret? It's a fucking music video, of course it's marketing, that's what they are.
>>
>Shilling
Please do not bring this cancerous trend here. I understand that it is possible but I don't want it to end up like the shithole /v/ where any positive post about anything is shilling.
>>
>>148778937
>>148778989
Sup, Aniplex samefag. Don't forget to take your pills
>>
Most of the recent Sony Music JP twitter pages tweets have been about this so the fact that people think this is some guy making it big or it going viral being an accident are pretty uninformed. This had a huge social media and stealth marketing push to begin with going back at least a week. Basically way to shill every time you make threads about this thing.
>>
Can we just let these threads die already and let twitter and crunchyroll worry about it or whatever?
>>
>>148779127
The same 2 shills will continue to spam threads anyway.
>>
>>148777953
Animation needs to be more fluid.
Music sux.
>>
I want to become Rin !

Pros
>loli
>alone
>can create own world
Cons
>…
>>
>>148779928
>Cons
-doomed to die alone in a godforsaken spaceship while cables inside your body
>>
>>148777953
>since it's trending you probably hate it
No, I just think Porter makes mediocre music.
>>
>>148779980
yeah, like being doomed to die alone in a godforsaken basement with piss bottles around is better
>>
>>148778190
>thank you very much, we really enjoy weeaboo bucks goyim
>>
I seriously don't understand why there's so many shitposts about it (especially those that criticize the writing, when there are countless other Japanese short films with the same problems being overlooked, or worse - praised).

But it was alright, wouldn't mind seeing more like this.
>>
>>148777953
fucking slowpoke fuck off
>>
>>148779980
That's not bad, you won't feel it anyway.
>>
>>148780136
Lurk 2 more years before posting.
>>
Another thread? We discussed this to death all day yesterday. It's emotionally stimulating on the surface, but the author's naiveté shows through upon closer examination when you realise just what an isolated hell the girl had been condemned to.

The visuals are nice, but the music is bland and the writing is shallow. Ultimately it shouldn't be considered as anything more than a visually stimulating accompaniment to a music track. It's just a music video and nothing more. It's not worth considering from a narrative point of view.

I liked it anyway though.
>>
>>148780405
Shills are spamming threads just ignore it.
>>
>>148780325
I'm pretty sure I've been here longer than you.
>>
>>148780440
Yes but they're prolonging the emotional torment I have from over thinking the plot and I want them to stop. I want to forget this exists for a while and then be able to look back and laugh at how silly I was being when I'm reminded of it in the future.
>>
>>148777953
This is really growing on me. The song is good, there is a real message, and the animation isn't only fluid, it's rich and imaginative. I love that they made it entirely in japanese too, and chose a good voice actress.

More artists from around the world need to see this.
>>
Wouldn't the earth be destroyed even before the other planet collided?
>>
I know it's fairly cliched and not at all groundbreaking, but I still like it all the same.
>>
>>148777953
It's ok. Nothing special. The bed was too much animated and looked weird.
>>
So is this the Interstella 5555 of our time ?
>>
I can't read moon, can anyone translate? It's the message at the end of the video.
>>
>>148781736
To Rin
There was just so little time left after you were born.
I don't know how much love I managed to pour into raising you after your mother died...
But your smile kept me going. (^_^)
I would like to have come with you, but I couldn't.
I wanted you to forget everything and move on... I knew you'd be alright.
But you'll get lonely, and remember.
I know you'll grow strong, and read this letter some day.
I really wish we could have spent more time together. I'm sorry.
You were so young back then, too young to understand what they meant. So let me repeat...
My final words to you.
>>
>>148777953
Westernized garbage.
A child of multiculti and as everything else like it, it's shallow and meaningless.

This is not culture.
This is not art.

This is pure mercantile calculation made manifest.
>>
>>148781822
t. professional anime critic
>>
>>148781810
Thank you very much.
>>
>>148781849
Professional anime critics are too busy making clickbait videos and blogposts about it. Where do you think OP found it?
>>
>moe girl is lonely and sad

This is so pedestrian.

Music videos are supposed to be experimental.
>>
>>148777953
The amount of threads that are started this "properly" makes me think someone is trying really hard to shill this shit.
>>
>>148777953
Mediocre animation, crappy dubstep.
3.5/10
>>
>>148782258
>Dubstep
Go home grandpa.
>>
>>148778190
>I’ve never really thought of anime as something that belonged to Japan alone
Anime belongs to Japan alone by definition.

Also, if Murricunts will ruin anime like they ruined their own TV/movie industry, I'll fucking kill myself. But not before I've killed as many murricunts as possible.
>>
>>148777953
It was 5/5 wish it was a full length show. Even better it's on Crunchyroll so it's more convenient to watch. Glad to see more American companies step up and make anime.
>>
>>148782447
Anime is a style, it can be made anywhere.
>>
File: 4L_0QFcgQLT.png (111KB, 1207x1229px) Image search: [Google]
4L_0QFcgQLT.png
111KB, 1207x1229px
>>148777953
>anonymous board founded on the ideal of considering the message not the person
>over 9000 posts about the author; zero posts about the work itself
>>
I wasn't surprised at all to see it was A-1 that did it...
>>
The visuals were good, but the animation pretty mediocre for something only few minutes long.
The story was generic tearjerker 101, filled with many writing flaws.
The girl was cute. The music is absolutely horrible.
All in all, generic crap for casual messes / 10.
>>
>>148782692
link me some good music

(not saying anything just curious as to your tastes)

Music in Shelter isn't something that I'd listen to - i enjoyed it and ill listen to it every now and then over the next few days but i cant see it sticking around for a while
>>
>>148782740
>>148782692

Not same guy, but check out Porters Worlds album.
>>
>>148782782
will do

did you like shelter? (song)
>>
File: 4L_VfMr55Pe.png (963KB, 857x444px) Image search: [Google]
4L_VfMr55Pe.png
963KB, 857x444px
>>148777953
Why was it bookended?

Do they think I'm stupid?

There was no need for the first and last thirty seconds, nor the narrator. If you're doing v/o, you need to go loud (Hoshi no Koe), or go home (Tomorrow from There).
>>
>>148782505
Err no. Wakfu or Avatar aren't anime.
Neither do we call korean or chinese comics/webtoons manga.

But yeh, the definition of anime isn't exact even if its made by Japanese people.
Discovery5555, Shelter, Children of Ether, FLCL2 coproduced by Toonami and Production IG?

Which one of these are truly "anime"?
>>
Why is this getting shilled so much here? Not even Pharrel's music video had this many threads and he had Murakami involved, not to mention better music.
>>
>>148782782
>Shelter isn't something that I'd listen to
>recommends more of Porter's music
Do you not read?
>>
>>148782947
Shelter is actually more Madeon than porter, anon.
>>
>>148782880
If murricunts had anything to do with it, it's most definitely not anime. I mean, do you want anime to become how most murricunts see it: action filled shounenshit? If you do, you don't belong here.
>>
File: 1389935813139.gif (1MB, 260x187px) Image search: [Google]
1389935813139.gif
1MB, 260x187px
If you guys hate the music so much why don't you just redub it yourself?

youdubber com/index.php?video=fzQ6gRAEoy0&video_start=049&audio=-4O8YI9-nNk&audio_start=0
>>
>>148782814
I personally don't really love the song on its own.
But I do enjoy it because it showcases a 50/50 blend of Porter and Madeon's styles, and it fits the MV which I think is 9/10.
Its not a masterpiece, but for me Shelter its a huge milestone for both normie music and weeb culture.

I do prefer Porter's previous songs, where his style range widely from house to dreamy trance/synthpop.
>>
>>148782880
I call all of those casual crap, and care for none.
>>
File: 1457659814092.png (189KB, 387x558px) Image search: [Google]
1457659814092.png
189KB, 387x558px
It's a good short film, reminds me of the Animator Expo shorts. It doesn't deserve a massive amount of praise and hype from the normalfags and crossboarders, but it doesn't deserve a huge amount of hate either. It's just good, there's no point in taking extreme sides for or against it.
>>
>>148777953
Horrible music
>>
>>148783021
yeah im listening to Worlds at the moment and (from what ive listened to so far) it does seem a lot less 'energetic' than Shelter, i'm enjoying these though
>>
Porter is a fucking normal fag. I bet he smokes weed and listen to trap with hoes while tweeting about his favorite waifu
>>
>>148777953
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhZaHf8RP6g

this shit is better (the whole albums worth)
>>
>>148783015
Anon, mainstream is mainstream for a reason (from a normies perspective who likes Attack on Titan and OPM).
Because its good and not weird as fuck.

Better than all the samey idol and ecchi and cute girl shit.
The anime industry is now driven by the lowest common denominator tastes of these basement dwelling weeb neets like you.
Nobody apprecitaes Art anymore.

I'm sick of adaptations of barely debuted crappy LNs written by otakus.
Where the fuck are my S2's of all these actually good anime.
>>
>>148783200
>The anime industry is now driven by the lowest common denominator
Now, that is exactly what mainstream is.
Hence all the braindead ecchi, cute girl shit or idolshit is INHERENTLY BETTER than casual crap like this.
You mother fucking casual.
>>
>>148783200
If you want normal things, you should stick to HBO or pretty much anything that is dominated by normalfag culture. Why make a whole country's culture bend down to your definition of "normal"? All the relaxing slice-of-life and moeshit, you literally can't find that stuff in western entertainment, it's uniquely Asian (especially Japanese).
>>
>>148783200
AoT and OPM are terrible though. I fail to see how anyone but fujoshi would like AoT. It's worldbuilding is shallow, it's very slow paced for action show, characters are boring, art is honestly very ugly and 3D is grating. At least I can see why people like OPM, it's Madhouse after all, but if that's not the lowest common denominator, then I don't know what is.

>Wanting second seasons
Maybe you're new to anime, but unlike in murricunt television where every show gets prolonged to the point nobody cares, anime is actually written from the start to the finish, and after it's over that's it.
>>
>>148782589
Actually there's quite a bit posted about the work. You're simply ignoring it.
>>
File: disgusted decomposing spaceslut.png (521KB, 1088x1080px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted decomposing spaceslut.png
521KB, 1088x1080px
>148783200
>Because its good and not weird as fuck.
I know you are baiting, but come the fuck on. Can't you at least try and flavour this shit?
>>
Why are music videos somehow always obligated to have a bad end or at least be bittersweet as fuck?
>>
>>148783350
I agree with you mostly, but I still love 2D animation and Anime is pretty much the last frontier of that from CGI. I've seen what anime is capable of in the past and even currently, Shinkai and Hosoda's pretty good.

>Why make a whole country's culture bend down to your definition of "normal"?
I'm not the only one. When people like Miyazaki and Muramaya show dissent towards the current state of the industry, and creative minds have to literally fight to produce Original Anime or resort to Kickstarter (Under the Dog, LWA), you know something's up.

>>148783388
>unlike in murricunt television where every show gets prolonged to the point nobody cares, anime is actually written from the start to the finish, and after it's over that's it.
Maybe I wasn't clear enough before. I was mostly referring to titles which are either promised a 2nd season or have PLENTY of source material to adapt from but isn't.
Examples being Panty and Stocking, Spice and Wolf, Haruhi, Baccano, etc.
Why can't I get worthwhile season 2's, or original anime rather than all the LN based shit thats coming out all the time.
>>
Anime would be much much better with more American sensibilities in it.
>>
>>148783725
whoops i meant maruyama
>>
File: staring decomposing spaceslut.png (550KB, 1163x1080px) Image search: [Google]
staring decomposing spaceslut.png
550KB, 1163x1080px
>>148783725
>. When people like Miyazaki and Muramaya show dissent towards the current state of the industry
>citing bitter old fucks for why anime is dead
No, let me rephrase that, they aren't bitter old, they are just plain bitter. Miyazaki was ALWAYS saying the industry was dead. I think you just don't have any knowledge of the industry and are just parroting memes you've seen posted around. The fact you are bitching about lns like as if they are some sort of problem or a majority only shows how ignorant you are. In-fact, 3 of the things you cited ARE light novels.

Lurk 2 year before posting, you don't know what the fuck you are on about. There are problems with the industry, but you have no idea what that shit is.
>>
>>148782199
Everyday a new thread with basically the same opening statement
>>
>>148783905
Oh, I don't think LN's are bad.
Its just that many being adapted are.

And people in the industry struggling to get funding for Original Anime is a genuine problem which I think would be worthwhile addressing.

>Lurk 2 year
6 years m8. fight me
>>
>>148783975
Must be a casual porter fan who wants to force /a/ into liking his music.
>>
>>148777953

It was bad, the girl was cute though
>>
>>148777953
Porter who?
>>
File: 1476526810362.png (93KB, 465x250px) Image search: [Google]
1476526810362.png
93KB, 465x250px
>>148784038
>Its just that many being adapted are.
There is at best three, THREE adapted a season. You are a fucking idiot if you think this is excessive at all. Manga adaptations are probably AT LEAST 10 or so. Are we going to bitch about those as well? What about the visual novel adaptations? You are a fucking idiot who doesn't even know shit about airing anime.

You also have NO IDEA how funding of anime works. You are complaining about a lack of funding for original anime, but I doubt you even know how shows are funded. Hint, it isn't done by the fucking studios who get paid in ramen cups.

If you have actually been here for 6 years, you probably have a attention span of a goldfish and have learnt nothing. A pureblood newfag.
>>
still highly perfer Worlds over this
>>
This might be one of the worst things I have ever watched.

Despite my acerbic persona, I don't think I normally say stuff that's this outlandish, but with Shelter, I feel like something crucial needs to be said about why this kind of content is not acceptable.

Shelter exemplifies everything that is wrong with storytelling in anime, namely that rather than attempting to tell a real story developed with content and meaningful emotion, it takes the most abusive shortcut by designing a cute character, throwing her into a position of bittersweet melancholy, and using that as a means of manipulating our basest emotions into believing there is something meaningful and tragic to be said.

People are praising the emotional resonance in the story and its ability to bring out the loneliness lost in the profundity of memory. Yet, consider a world where the main character is not a beautiful teenage girl, lost and confused in a world completely foreign to her. When you remove that physical appearance that makes us so inexplicably attracted to her stake in the story, there is ultimately no reason for us to feel sympathy. It is completely superficial.
>>
>>148784244
if you guys are going to fight on the internet, at least fight on the bed afterwords.
>>
>>148785053
Here's your (You)
>>
>>148785053
Stop posting copypasta.
>>
>>148783051
Same, thought it was an Animator Expo type thing. The backgrounds and are were alright, but there wasn't too much in terms of animation and the music was distracting. I compared it against Endless Night on mute, which I felt actually was complemented and enhanced by the music and was really well animated.
>>
>>148785870
>the music was distracting
But the music is the protagonist here. More like the animation was distracting.
>>
>>148786017
Was this an animation project first or a song that they decided needed some hackneyed story behind it?
>>
>>148786047
Porter Robinson wanted an anime MV for his new song with Madeon made A1-Pictures (because he is an AnoHana fan), so he contacted them. The story os the MV was also written by him.
>>
>>148779928
>Cons
>have to listen to shitty music in the background
>>
Couldn't the dad program some animals so she wouldn't be so lonley?
>>
>>148777953
It's trending because people understand this.

also, it's ok
>>
>>148786524
Can't she learn to program animals?
>>
>>148777989
It's literally ingrained in Japanese culture you fuck.
>>
>Everything I hate is casual generic normalfag mass consumption consumption crap

>I-I have good taste! I swear!
>>
>>148785053
TL;DR
Gtfo
>>
>>148788784
But this is generic normalfag mass consumption crap. It's a music video.
>>
File: 1460335806153.jpg (86KB, 570x720px) Image search: [Google]
1460335806153.jpg
86KB, 570x720px
For how long will people try to shill this shit here?
It's been like 4 days already.
>>
>>148789110
Fuck, just watched this shit. I sure missed a lot of fun.
>>
>subtitle track with no event data
>included open sans font file
>this isn't open sans
>then realized it was hard subbed
DROPPED

>>>/mu/68557725
>>
>>148783051
There's a lot of retards out there that get off on 'getting people into anime', so when something like this comes out they can pretend they enjoy it just for the music and tell all the people they know to watch it.
>>
File: 1416651313818.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1416651313818.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>148790515
Who would get into anime by watching a music short? Anyone got into anime by watching Me!Me!Me!?
>>
>>148777953
I hated it the moment I read Porter Robinson's name.
>>
>>148790793
Even seeing how much hate this guy gets, I truly believe that he's still incredibly respectable given how he shuts out the haters and mainstream and continues to do his weeaboo shit. Out of genuine love for anime and Japanese culture. If you told me someone from /a/ or any anime community was able to get their own anime short made I'd be pretty impressed.
>>
>>148780405
>what an isolated hell the girl has been condemned to
Stop with this meme, it's addressed explicitly in the work. Theres no better option. If you think dying would be better than being alone then you should just kys right now.

The story is shallow and lacks complexity, but this complaint is a separate complaint.
>>
>>148791218
>If you think dying would be better than being alone then you should just kys right now.
wat
>>
>>148790998
I'm pretty surprised by all of the hate. People love his Mogra set.
>>
>>148781905
This.
More than anything the cinematography was just so bland or uninspired, excluding maybe one or two scenes.
>>
>>148783725
>Miyazaki
>dissent toward the current state of the industry
Confirmed for retard. Actually read up on his opinions instead of parroting literal memes like they're true facts.
> Examples being Panty and Stocking, Spice and Wolf, Haruhi, Baccano
>Why can't I get worthwhile season 2's, or original anime rather than all the LN based shit thats coming out all the time.
Nigger, three of the four things you mentioned are LNs adaptations. And LN adaptations are a small minority of anime, anyway. Again, lurk more and inform yourself before making bullshit up.
>>
>>148782915

Sony Music backed it and has been making sure it gets pushed hard in all their social media networks and the greater anime community is basically just a mouthpiece for them these days. Honestly not even surprised really. Pharell is probably just signed to a less marketing agressive record label and doesn't even need viral marketing campaigns to popularize his music videos like this literally who. Now I definitely understand why so many people get their shit adapted by A-1, who would pass up on the marketing their parent company can give something to basically force it to be popular one way or another
>>
>>148785053

Its true nobody would be claiming to be sad if it were anything other than a moe girl. That's how this shit works and manipulates it's target audience
>>
>>148790998

He's just yet another in a long line of sell outs to Sony Music. The anime industry basically sold out to them ages ago so now they're always trying to get people on the cusp of it that have social media pressence on their labels and promotions
>>
>>148777953
That song is fucking ass.
>>
>>148792014
Well if it were about a neckbearded lard ass isolating himself forever in a virtual world, it'd be too close to home.

You need that vulnerability and innocence.
>>
>>148783015
So LWA and Space Dandy aren't anime?
>>
>>148790744
Me!Me!Me! (and the rest of Animator Expo) was in actual film festivals.

It headlined Animator Expo.
>>
>>148794581
That wasn't what I asked.
>>
>>148794581

Mememe was attempting to make some commentary and was a non commercial work, this is just a generic feels bait commercial thing targeted at brain dead anime fans for Sonys latest trendy pseudo indie artist acquisition the has been massively shilled everywhere in the anime and social media community. Crunchyroll who also funded it and MAL even made sure it's right there dead center on their front page as the first thing you see for Fall 2016 anime. Basically Sonys shilling and plugging >actual anime to the anime communities media but that's hardly surprising at this point
>>
Honestly even the "controversy "thing feels like it was probably manufactured so it could be a click bait news story to further market and spread the video. This whole thing just reeks of the worst kind of marketing shilling that far too many people are complicit in.
>>
>>148795541

I love how there seems to be some sort of quota both in all the "news" articles and comments to be sure to mention A-1 pictures as often as possible. I wonder just how much money and planning went into marketing this, like it can't have just started back a week ago when it first started getting plugged. It just feels super controlled and orchestrated with lots of players and bloggers involved.
>>
>>148795541

Considering actual death threats had to be made to force reddit to allow it to be shilled there and spread it further you can tell how important it was to Sony that everyone be made to play ball one way or another. It'd pretty fucking gross but hardly surprising and just again shows what complete slime their target audience is and how toxic they continue to make the anime environment just so a few producers can hit their marketing goals.
>>
>>148786524
The father fucked up.

Should have included Fantasy Programming so even Ents would have been doable.

If not, maybe a Farming Stimulation so she grow vegetables or raise livestock.

That is how humans used to live everyday after all, if they were born into a family of farmers.

Hanging out with cows or just riding atop of a horse would help to ease the loneliness.
>>
Mad Scientist Father

Yet doesn't pull a Dr Gero or Dr Tenma and turn his daughter into a superweapon to save the world.

He already modified his daughter so might as well go all the way and turn your daughter into a superweapon.
>>
>>148796379
Playing Harvest Moon for all eternity? Or at least until she ends up at whatever destination.

She visualizes her memories of her dad, so I don't see why she can't spawn people or animals.
>>
>>148791218
>I'm a genius father who can design this complex space ship but doesn't know how to put in a second seat
>"it's because I couldn't"

fucking retarded lol. only anime fans would defend this to such a disgraceful degree
>>
>>148796615
Hey, human civilization only happened because of humans playing harvest moon until they died.

If not we would still be hunter gatherers.

If anything, this girl seems way too grounded in reality.

She seems to refuse to do things like grow wings on her back and fly in the sky.

Or maybe the virtual reality program can't handle too big an imagination?

It is not like I don't think the girl has any imagination.

We seen her dad read children's stories every night before bedtime after all.
>>
>>148796947
Superman's father made the same mistake.
>>
File: 1476946486550.jpg (82KB, 546x896px) Image search: [Google]
1476946486550.jpg
82KB, 546x896px
>>148779928
>Pros
>>alone
>>
>>148777953
skimmed through, didnt see 1 robot, the heck
>>
>>148777953
Beautiful animation, ok-crappy song, but the moral behind it is retarded. "Look to the future lol xdddd lel." I'm tired of this crap.
>>
>>148778117
It'd be a really cool idea imo. Worlds is already getting new visuals though
>>
File: Kamina-kamina-19145807-500-263.jpg (17KB, 500x263px) Image search: [Google]
Kamina-kamina-19145807-500-263.jpg
17KB, 500x263px
>>148798803
>"Look to the future lol xdddd lel." I'm tired of this crap.
You know why people have eyes in the front? Because they have to move forward to see the landscape in the distance. If you had eyes in back all you could see is your home town getting farther away; you can’t move forward like that. If your eyes are in front what you see in the distance keeps getting closer. That’s what lets people move forward
>>
>>148777953
good video, but the way you guys were talking about before it came out I thought it was going to be an actual anime.
>>
File: 1476128699556.jpg (99KB, 448x537px) Image search: [Google]
1476128699556.jpg
99KB, 448x537px
>>148777953
It was really good.
The whole idea and concept behind it is pretty beautiful. I think it was well composed and the animation was fucking great
>>
>>148798973
That's a nice quote. I should really get into watching this but I have a lot of 80s anime to finish in my backlog.

Shelter is still average/mediocre though.
>>
>>148798803
>ok-crappy song
its good with the animation,
I don't think I could enjoy this song as a stand alone with no context.
>>
>>148777953
Animation is good, that sakuga is sexually arousing. Porter's music is too bombastic and felt out of place. He should've made something more tranquil instead of bombastic electro that everyone and their mother likes. Though this is a passion project which makes me happy that Anime is branching out a bit.
>>
File: 1472933720972.png (702KB, 793x591px) Image search: [Google]
1472933720972.png
702KB, 793x591px
>>148777953
>Check comments
>OMG I CRIED
>OMG SO SAD IM CRYING

I know that it is a little bit sad and everything but does normies really cries over cartoons?

>inb4 edgy
>>
>#6 on trending
Haters literally blown the fuck out.
>>
>>148800443
Edgy
>>
File: Pure_Edge.png (24KB, 150x105px) Image search: [Google]
Pure_Edge.png
24KB, 150x105px
>>148800443
>>
>>148800565
>haters

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>148800638
I think I'll stay on /a/ seeing as I've been here since 2005.
>>
>>148800443
There are a handful of saps out there.

I cry over cartoons though.
>>
>>148799324
This is bombastic electro to you?
>>
>>148778175
>implying linkin park isn't the GOAT
>>
>>148777953
>starts off with a couple Americans making an anime
>next thing you know all anime is made in America
>sjws finally are able to fight sexualizing women in anime because it "harms real women"
>now I can't get a real wife or a 2d waifu
we can't let this happen. even if it was good we need to downvote it to hell
>>
>>148801246
>>>/v/
>>
>>148801246
They already tried with video games, after two years of intense whining they left since their attention-span couldn't endure more. Now only Nintendo and Bioware still try to actively cater to them and most of their sympathizers' latest games were flops.

It's gonna happen, again, with anime, it's not like we didn't already had that shit happen back in the 90 and anime survived.
>>
File: image.gif (899KB, 320x176px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
899KB, 320x176px
>>148801585
>>148801435
I didn't know they gave up on games. well when the time comes im going to remain strong and fight.
>>
>>148777953
So how does the whole AMV fit with the song, the have almost no correlation with each other and the song it self is mediocre, don't understand how people consider this one of porters best, leave alone being the one chosen for it's own amv and stuff.
>>
File: 1437400625790.gif (944KB, 500x308px) Image search: [Google]
1437400625790.gif
944KB, 500x308px
>>148777953
Madeon only knows how to make one song and that one song didn't really mesh with what was going on in the video.

The animation was good and the story was touching though nothing amazing, now if only the song had been done by a talented musician
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeprkZEQQAU
>>
>>148785053
copypasta or not, this is pretty true

it's got a good synopsis and foundation. it just needs to be given more depth to make it truly spectacular

girl's cute tho
>>
>>148783017
Daft Punk's Aerodynamic syncs really well with the end of the video. The final chime is even when she's ringing the temple bell.

http://www.youdubber.com/index.php?video=fzQ6gRAEoy0&video_start=49&audio=mCnJ2_xN2jU&audio_start=0
>>
>>148805952
this would be ten times better than the original with minor editing

porters music is such overproduced garbage
>>
>>148798935
For the Shelter tour? Aw man, can't wait.
>>
>>148777953
It looks nice and the music is decent. It's on par with some of the worse Animator's Expo shorts I guess, but it's nothing really great.
>>
File: 1440055876048.jpg (152KB, 419x419px) Image search: [Google]
1440055876048.jpg
152KB, 419x419px
>>148777953
This really feels like Porter Robinson watched ME!ME!ME! and was like "Yeah I can do that" but then produced a much less interesting story and wrote a much worse song to go along with it.

Doesn't matter though since people are gonna eat it up and for what it's worth the product isn't bad, just kind of mediocre
>>
>>148807080
It's not like mememe at all though. The only similarity is it's a music video with anime girls.
>>
>>148795798
>Considering actual death threats had to be made to force reddit to allow it to be shilled there
Are you fucking serious?
>>
I liked the song.
>/a/ being contrarian and hating on something popular

Never change /a/.
>>
File: 1392929044970.jpg (27KB, 377x377px) Image search: [Google]
1392929044970.jpg
27KB, 377x377px
>>148800443
>normies
>>
>>148807080
I like the song Shelter.

Me!Me!Me!'s music is completely forgettable to me.
>>
File: 1467396853612.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1467396853612.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>148801246
>next thing you know all anime is made in America
america neither has the talent nor the cheap slave labor to do that
>>
I wonder if anyone translated any of the words that appeared on screen when the dad was designing the spaceship and if any text can be gleamed from the map of our solar system.

Maybe there could be clues of the girl's final destination because her ship seems to have stopped moving much after 7 years.

In fact, it looks like the ship is just orbiting around something.
>>
It actually wasn't bad. Then again /a/ just wants to hate it because they don't want everyone to get in on their little japanese cartoons.
The story was actually sad. I only watched it because I wanted to hear the song. Wasn't long and then I watched the whole thing. The animation is pretty darn good (it's a six minute music video so it should be good) and the little story was actually moving, but that's mostly due to the girl being a cute loli. Really though I stayed for the song, I have been listening to his new album and like the direction he went with it and it seems like Shelter is just him adding onto it.
Really though it's not something I will look back and think "wow what a great piece of anime". It's just a glorified music video, although the song is very good, wondering when he will drop a new album.
>>
It's not the greatest thing ever but you niggas are exaggerating big time.
>>
>>148809794
>the story was actually sad

Yeah if you actually watch enough shows you would have a better immune system instead of your shit one right now

>I stayed for the song
So do I. But in the opposite direction.
>>
The visuals were very nice but there was no coherent story behind it, just random, disconnected scenes.
The music was low quality and has no musical value.

Pretty colours with absolutely no substance. Insulting to the viewers.
>>
>>148809794
shills please go
>>
>>148809794
>The story was actually sad

What story? There were disconnected scenes with little relevance to each other. If you thought this trash was sad, go read a Greek tragedy. That will show you sad and depressing.

No emotional investment in the character or the plot because it's all vague pseudo-intellectual looking nonsense.
>>
>>148807080
ME!ME!ME! at least had substance. This was trash.
>>
>>148809794
You mean Worlds? Worlds was like two years ago, wasn't it?
>>
It's overrated.
>>
File: 1466835556676.jpg (338KB, 1369x1183px) Image search: [Google]
1466835556676.jpg
338KB, 1369x1183px
>>148785053
a boy is fine too
>>
>>148778149
>similar to Glass no Hana
that's what i thought too
>>
>>148810398
>masturbatory garbage without story whatsoever
>substance

Well memed my hipster friend
>>
>>148778142
Who is Porter Robinson / Madeon?
I seriously don't know, would be great if anons can explain.
>>
>>148811428
Some shit-music producer, no idea exactly.
>>
>>148811428
>>148811772
pretending to not know doesn't make you cool when you're a click away from google, fucktards
>>
>>148811836
Really, first time I heard about that faggot is when shills started to hyping this shit here, so 2 days ago
>>
>feels-bait story with holes all over the fucking place
>it's good

every time
>>
>>148777953
>porter
>>
>has the tech to craft a safety pod for his daughter
>apparently didn't have the time nor the resources to make one that can sustain two people

>The entire world seemingly did nothing to prepare for a giant planet colliding Earth despite our having technology advanced enough to predict this months in advance

>Given the resources the father had, he would have been rich enough or at the very least renowned enough to be able to land a spot on some space shuttle or some shit that's probably housing a limited number of people

>the father and daughter didn't immediately die upon observing the planet hovering inches above Earth, which by the way would disrupt the entire known ecosystem and cause weather related havoc across the globe.

but it made me cry so it doesn't matter this anime is a 10/10 would recommend
>>
>>148812275
>sacrifices all logic because Porter wanted to make normies cry
>added cute loli if the bait wasn't obvious enough

fixed
>>
>>148780034
Except you have 4chan in the basement
>>
>>148812141
>feels-bait story with holes all over the fucking place
it's a goddamn short. roll with it applies
>>
>>148812919
>It's a short therefore it's impossible to tell a story that actually makes some sense from it!
>It's okay for a story to have plot holes if it's a short!
>>
>>148811428

Some house music weaboo guy or something that Sony Music Japan recently signed to a recording deal and made this whole viral marketing AMV to plug.
>>
>>148813206
Too bad, the music is the least likable part.
>>
>>148812854
she got a god game sandbox.
>>
File: Glass no Hana to Kowasu Sekai.jpg (110KB, 640x381px) Image search: [Google]
Glass no Hana to Kowasu Sekai.jpg
110KB, 640x381px
>>148777953
The story was completely flawed, the charaters are laughably stupid, and the story is just plain inappropriate for an animation that emphsizes on the theme of mono-no-aware

But inspite of it all, I am just too much of a sucker for the themes of isolation, loneliness, and peaceful decay.

Here's to a foolish hope that we would get a movie adaptation of it someday. I mean, it worked for She and Her Cat. This one shares so much similarities to Glass no Hana to Kowasu Sekai that you could say that they existed on the same universe but different angle..
>>
>>148813338
Come on, son.
Being stuck at /b/ for all eternity is better than a place that's good only for the eye.
There was not even a single animal in her simulation
>>
File: reoko-sama-na.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
reoko-sama-na.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>148808813
USA should just stick to what they do best.
>>
>>148813523
>Being stuck at /b/ for all eternity
that is a terrifying thought. like /b/ being your only sensory input. just a stream of images and text 24/7, most of it being porn.
>>
>>148814011
At least there are things that you have no control off and would keep you company
Just imagine that girl's vr once she reach puberty. She would jack off to the thought of trees
>>
>>148777953
>>148778025
Obligatory Planetarian post.
>>
>>148814340
Well she has reached puberty apparently
>>
>>148813496

What is post 2010 anime fans absolute hard on with these particular themes and ideas? Is this fandom really actually just that filled with sad sack overly sentimental people now? I mean it's borderline fetishized and it just seems so easy to get people to weep and cry, it's almost kind of unnerving. I'm not even some kind of macho guy, it's just post 2010 anime fans seem to literally get sad and weepy faster than avid chick flick watchers and it makes me wonder what must be going on in their lives to make them all like that.
>>
File: 1420357300965.jpg (1MB, 1200x1719px) Image search: [Google]
1420357300965.jpg
1MB, 1200x1719px
>>148814541
I get aroused only to the thought of guro and scat (fuck ntr), my family was never in our house, I never felt eating together as a family, I am taking medication for my mental illness, and I just buried my dog yesterday
You can't blame me for wanting to see something soft and efeminate for once
>>
>>148814604
I knw that my life is not difficult at all compared to most but it makes sense for me to like stuff like this
>>
>>148814604

So basically anime fans are fans of vintage country music songs without even knowing it.
>>
File: ;_;.jpg (2MB, 3000x2614px) Image search: [Google]
;_;.jpg
2MB, 3000x2614px
>>148814541
sob stories are nothing new. and the thing is that they pull on your heartstrings, they don't fill you with existential angst. Those are qualitatively different emotions. The former has something nice to it since you feel connected to what makes you sad.
>>
>>148814665
Don't know about them but I like soft piano
>>
>>148791218
>If you think dying would be better than being alone then you should just kys right now.
Here is your (you) child.
>>
/a/, I will, /a/
/a/, I will, ahh
Umm, ahh..
/a/, I will, /a/
>>
>>148809794
>The animation is pretty darn good
It was choppy as fuck, you little nigger.
>>
>>148777953
Stop talking about this shit
Thread posts: 242
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.