[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Psycho Pass the smartest anime of all time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 22

File: psycho kino.webm (145KB, 895x2000px) Image search: [Google]
psycho kino.webm
145KB, 895x2000px
Is Psycho Pass the smartest anime of all time?
>>
>>148750249
This is either shitty bait or you're 10.
>>
>webm
For what purpose?
>>
>>148750298
I sincerely doubt you even had the time to read the OP image before making your reply, can you please not derail my thread with insubstantial remarks, thank you.
>>
>>148750306
Filesize. Oddly enough 4chan still gave me an error saying the resolution was too large ignoring the fact the image as sub 200kb.

If Hirojew automatically converted all files to webm or a derivative he might not have had to downgrade the servers...
>>
>>148750328
Shitty bait it is, then.
>>
File: 1473627693635.jpg (60KB, 346x440px) Image search: [Google]
1473627693635.jpg
60KB, 346x440px
>>148750486
No, I'm looking for a discussion on the masterful dichotomy in PP between Kogami and Makashima. I think few people pick up on how they parallel one another while exploring the show's themes.

Why are you such a cunt, anon?
>>
>>148750714
Because your post is shit. If you had started out with what you wrote it would have helped.

Instead of stupid bait, why don't you just explain your thoughts on PP and why you think it's so smart and "masterful"? That would allow for actual discussion.
>>
>>148751117
If you'd bothered to read the image before replying you'd see they constantly mirror each other throughout the show.
>>
>>148751160
I read the image. It's nothing special. If you think it is, explain why.

If you want to have a discussion actually explain your thoughts, don't just HEY GUYZ LOOK AT THIS SO SMART RITE?!
>>
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
It's fantastic and one of the best shows this decade, but starting your thread with absolute, provocative statements like "X is THE best thing ever." is obviously going to cause people to react negatively.
>>
File: 123.jpg (430KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
430KB, 1280x720px
>tfw still buttblasted b/c of s2
>tfw still don't fucking understand the ending because of this scene alone
literally what did he mean by this

I recall someone on /a/ mentioning it was explained in a director commentary or something but I can't find any traces of that with my best google-fu.
>>
>>148752484
>streaming
>>
>>148752484
Is that the moment when he was looking down at the unconscious Akane after she had fucking crashed the truck they were both on? Since he had previously called her weak and a puppet of the system, I thought that was the moment when he realised how determined and individual she was. "I see... You are... [Just as resolved as me.]" Which makes sense, because that's when he first comes to terms with the fact that he's failed. He's happy with being defeated by a human he sees as equal to him, rather than just the system
>>
>>148752842
Why would he think that about Akane though? He doesn't mention it until after he tries to shoot her and realizes the gun is empty.
>>
>>148753109
And to make matters worse, he leaves the gun right next to her so Kogami can kill him. It never made any sense to me, is he accepting he lost? But why? Why does he accept it after trying to shoot Akane?
>>
>>148750249
no

/thread
>>
>>148753109
>Why would he think that about Akane though?
Because she just tracked him down, jumped onto a moving truck, then shot its wheels out while she was still on it. That's some resolve. Not what you'd expect from a mindless puppet just doing their day job.
> He doesn't mention it until after he tries to shoot her and realizes the gun is empty.
No idea.
>>
>>148753257
>Because she just tracked him down, jumped onto a moving truck, then shot its wheels out while she was still on it. That's some resolve. Not what you'd expect from a mindless puppet just doing their day job.

Really, because if anything I'd expect the exact opposite. Her gun only had 1 bullet it in it to begin with, it suggests she never meant to kill him -- that she hasn't changed at all from the time Makishima murdered her friend in front of her. She is still totally dependent on Sibyl's judgement and unwilling to kill the way Kogami is...and it's only after he tries to shoot her that he says these mysterious words that get cut off and we're suppose to understand as super significant. I really don't understand it.
>>
>>148750328
Why would he have to read the OP image?
It's literally just excerpts from the show.
Everyone on /a/ has seen Psycho-Pass.
>>148750714
>I think few people pick up on how they parallel one another
Everyone picked up on it, its incredibly heavy-handed throughout the entire series.
That's not to say it isn't interesting and well-written but you are not some sort of enlightened intellectual showing his genius by being able to understand straightforward storytelling devices.
>>
>>148750249
true detectives s1 ripped off PP so much
>>
>>148753362
The answer is simple:
He is impressed with her resolve to not kill.
No matter what he did to her, no matter how hard the times went, she proved that she wasn't asymptomatic but an unshakable idealist.
>>
>>148753502
How would he know about her hue? All he knows about her is that despite everything she still relies on Sibyl, yet this causes him to respect her somehow? It's baffling.
>>
>>148753696
>How would he know about her hue?
That's not the point. He just wants to prove something to himself by breaking others.
She couldn't be broken.
The bit about the asymptomatic is for you, because you know the show and now you understand why her hue never went up.
>>
File: few lines about psycho pass.png (222KB, 1624x2434px) Image search: [Google]
few lines about psycho pass.png
222KB, 1624x2434px
>>148750249
of all time? no.
last decade? maybe
>>
>>148753756
>He just wants to prove something to himself by breaking others.
I think you're reading too much into it. Is that what he was trying to do with all the murderers he assisted? Think about what he did to all of them, he ended up killing them too because they proved unworthy, because they wouldn't develop. Akane didn't develop either, even after Shogo brutally kills her friend she still can't bring herself to kill him. This should inspire contempt but instead he spares her life and surrenders the gun to Ko...

Maybe the subs are crappy I guess.
>>
File: 36485468_p0_master1200.jpg (190KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
36485468_p0_master1200.jpg
190KB, 600x900px
>>148752484
>>148753109
>>148753192
>>148753362
>>148753954
Ok, I understand. I fucking thought about it, hard.

The fact that Akane didn't load the gun full of bullets was proof she wanted to catch Makishima alive, meaning she knew the truth about Sibyl. She stuck with Sibyl despite knowing the reality of it. This is also why he leaves the gun there, so Kogami would make sure he dies instead of being captured.

I feel a lot better now.
>>
File: psycho-pass-yayoi-600x338.jpg (29KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
psycho-pass-yayoi-600x338.jpg
29KB, 600x338px
Anyone played the game? I did the good end and it was utterly boring. Getting to the other endings seems like a huge pain in the ass too.

Nadeshiko was cute though
>>
>>148750249
>smartest anime
Ok, that definition it's stupid, but I will answer nonetheless.

"Shinsekai yori" did everything they did without constantly rambling about "m-muh Focault" or "LOOK, WE QUOTED ANOTHER PHILOSOPHER/WRITER/SOCIOLOGIST. WE SO SMART AND CULTURED". Being smart is conveying a message without the need to quote the source from which you got the inspiration, but psycho pass tries to hard to look smart while being "ok" at best when telling a decent police drama.
Also, the "smartest" anime of all time was already made back in 1995.
>>
It was definitely the most pretentious anime of all time.
Even G-Reco seemed smarter than Psycho Pass.
>>
>>148754911
Foucault is a historian.
>>
>>148754977
He was a lot of things. He even shared one of those things with OP.
>>
>>148750249
Yes, and it's only half-finished.
>>
File: 1415710129505.png (661KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1415710129505.png
661KB, 1280x720px
>>148754911
I never understood why people got so upset with the quotes. That's part of the character, he is extremely bookish, and books themselves represent rebellion under Sibyl so it seemed apt that he and Kogami read a lot. I mean, fuck, if you're going to get pissy about that, they literally named the evil brain conglomerate after ancient Greek myth. Isn't that pretentious?

It didn't bother me, in fact I really liked some of the effects it allowed, for example that Makishima reads mostly western books. He's Japanese, it served to really emphasize his alienation in society. I also really liked the Proust reference with the tea and madeleines when I saw the post credit scene with Kougami reading Swann's Way, suggesting he will replace Makishima. And the books they chose to theme the bad guy of the day on were very effective.
Although I doubt most people even understood they were referencing the Most Dangerous Game, probably the most transparent of their illusions. And a part of me thinks they saturated the anime with literary references intentionally because their target audience wouldn't get them, that is to say, that we're not free thinking and comfortable like those under the Sibyl system. To make us apply the themes of the show in the real world.
>>
>>148755483
of their allusions*

my brain blinked
>>
>>148750249
Psycho-pass was really a 10/10. There is nothing better than an original anime, I'm tired as fuck of adaptations.
>>
>>148755774
>original
>literally just steals a mess of cyberpunk tropes and mashes them together
>>
>>148755804
I'm talking about the anime's source you autist. Also the plot is pretty original.
>>
File: 1427408144867.gif (154KB, 281x281px) Image search: [Google]
1427408144867.gif
154KB, 281x281px
>>
We will never get an antagonist as great as Makishima ever again.
>>
It's so smart that they put rookie retard moeblob in charge of dangeous criminals
>>
File: 1473048875918.jpg (184KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1473048875918.jpg
184KB, 1280x1440px
>>148756579
Akane's skull twice the size of any other character's and her giant bulging eyes occupying half her fucking face are an artistic flourish symbolic of her innocent naivete via a neotenous appearance pandering to pedophiles and autists. This is further accentuated by a retarded bowel-cut, signifying how Akane is a retard.

Truly, kino.
>>
>>148753921
Jesus, I don't know if Urobucher is more pretentious or his fanbase.
>>
>>148757870
Neither are. Butcher just presents ideas in a straight forward story, that particular fan was just paying attention to said story and got frustrated when people who weren't started talking shit.
>>
File: 1461906232395.jpg (2MB, 2160x3458px) Image search: [Google]
1461906232395.jpg
2MB, 2160x3458px
This is how smart shows affect us
>>
because i think
>>
>>148753921
wasn't their a 2nd part to this post originally?
>>
The reason for it is my emotional response.
>>
>>148758166
that's all there was
>>
>>148755483
>never understood why people got so upset with the quotes. That's part of the character,
All of them? No, the quotes are exactly there to impress the viewers, to make them think it's smart and deep. See here is how much of a hack Urobuchi is, when they name Uka-No-Mitama (the virus) for the first time, they go on a pretentious rambling about how it's a reference to a Japanese deity. This is Urobucher's way of telling his audience how thought out everything in this show is, by drawing the attention to a fucking throwaway name and making it look like it's so deep. No a good writer wouldn't have named the virus Uka-No-Mitama, an OK writer wouldn't unnecessarily draw attention to it but the hack writer that the Urobucher is, would have done exactly what he did.
Fuck, if you can't write believable exposition, dialogues and a narrative without plot holes and contrivances and a world full of rules that actually makes sense, you shouldn't waste time googling the quotes from philosophers and putting them into your shitty anime to make it seem deep.
Urobuchi is a hack and his fans are fucking cancer.
>>
>>148750249
If they were truly smart, they would have stopped at the end of season 1.
>>
No it isn't. It's just the usual shit themes that Urobuchi sucks at repeating themselves and it's a goddamn mess.
>>
Translation: Urobuchi presents half thought out retarded ideas that's full of entry level philosophy in a basic plot that mages to be full of plot holes and let's the overthinking autists do the work.
>>
>>148758294
Have you considered he's writing for a generally retarded demographic and thus needs to have these things explained?
>>
File: So dark.jpg (137KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
So dark.jpg
137KB, 500x500px
>>148750328
Since when were you under the impression that this thread belongs to you?

Go back to lereddit or throw on a trip, I don't care which but do it soon so I can be rid of you.
>>
>>148751160
>Is X the most Y anime of all time?
>start thread with a single meme statement
>wants people to look at his entire picture
>calls it "his thread"
>expects logical and intelligent discourse

What site are you from?
>>
>>148758571
Either you actually write something that's genuinely trying to be deep or you write something that's pretending to be deep. One of these things can be something more than pretentious garbage for pretentious over thinkers. You know what Urobuchi writes.
And no, just because you're writing for retarded pl lebs does not excuse him from writing shi plots, shit dialogues, shit characters and shit endings.
>>
File: 1041374209.png (842KB, 1212x910px) Image search: [Google]
1041374209.png
842KB, 1212x910px
>>148758294
>they go on a pretentious rambling about how it's a reference to a Japanese deity.
No they don't.

It's literally 2 lines, Makishima says it could go from being a god of the harvest to one of death. There's no rant, it's 1 fucking sentence.

And what plot holes? There was nothing particularly glaring when I watched it.

>>148758571
>Have you considered he's writing for a generally retarded demographic and thus needs to have these things explained?
Here's the grand truth of the matter. It literally pains me to use this phrase, but PP was actually 2deep4-- most of its audience.
>>
It was competent in its storytelling, presented an interesting world that doesn't fall back on needless edginess (with the exception of the dominator which is edgy as fuck) and has a cast of varied but likeable characters that are mostly fleshed out while not devoting too much time to them or diverging from the main storyline.

I'd say that by anime standards it's an 8/10 and a low 6/10 or a high 5/10 by literary standards.
>>
>Makishima is about to die
>gives that speech on how everyone is alone
>Egoist/All Alone With You plays at the end
>explains how everyone can be replaced
>half the team gets replaced, Ginzo replaces his dad (down to the cyborg arm), Kogami replaces Makishima, some new moe-blob replaces Akane
it was pretty good

lots of pottery
>>
>>148758909
I wont criticize the "2deep4u" thing because I'm a huge evafag and I also use this to disregard plebs who complain about the series.
Nonetheless, I would like you to explain what is so deep about PP that goes over the head of plebs who try to watch it.
Even if is a painfully simple explanation, I can still sum what's great about evangelion (which is a story about characters trying to cope with their inner flaws and insecurities while trying to save the world from the apocalypse). So please, by all means, explain what's so great about PP.
>>
File: ipp-7.png.jpg (18KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
ipp-7.png.jpg
18KB, 400x225px
>>148758294
I really can't agree with you, remember the episode where that fat guy was getting bullied at the robot factory and killing people with drones? We see the name of the hacking program that let's him do this, but it's never commented upon, despite being such a reference. Urobutcher can be subtle.
>>
File: 131456597673.png (40KB, 400x336px) Image search: [Google]
131456597673.png
40KB, 400x336px
>>148750249
ITT: Pretentious newfag attempts to be a pretentious cunt and gets called out on it and for making a shitty thread
>>
>>148750249
You're joking right? Or maybe you only watch recent anime? Because yeah standards have slipped.
>>
>>148750249
It will still be talked about 10 years from now on!
>>
>>148759312
>Urobutcher can be subtle.
That's not exactly the most subtlest subtle but alright, he's still a hack though. That episode was also nonsensical.
>>
>>148759492
On the off chance somebody wants to watch something that works the brain:

Gankutsuou
Rahxephon
SE Lain
Utena
.Hack/Sign
>>
>>148759871
>lainfag
Opinion discarded. That thing isn't even top 100 in myanimelist.
>>
File: 148761653.jpg (142KB, 316x1200px) Image search: [Google]
148761653.jpg
142KB, 316x1200px
>>148759283
I will offer you a brief explanation.

I'll start at the end. A lot of people are extremely dissatisfied with the ending, most wanted Shogo to win (since he's the ONLY interesting character) and his death is seen as very sudden and even maybe illogical (certainly bullshit, that knife flick by Kogami was beyond retarded). What these people fail to appreciate is that Makishima wanted to die, that he knew he was going to die.

Maybe this isn't as clear if you didn't watch the Extended Edition, but his character is essentially a Christ-figure with Nietzschean overtones. His death is meant to serve as the catalyst for the downfall of Sibyl (by influencing Kogami/Akane) as explained when Kogami quotes the Bible and Makishimi follows it up with an inversion of the parable of the weeds.

While Shogo tried to destroy Sibyl himself he was more concerned with his duel w/ Kogami than actually succeeding, he wanted to live in the sense that he wanted to test himself, he was more than willing to lose if Kogami should prove worthier, he was all about spontaneity and plunging into danger to try the 'splendor of his soul', the whole thing stinks of Nietzsche and his ubermensch. Funnily enough the show ends on a loop, another one of Nietzche's concepts was the eternal return. And the fact that Shogo was more concerned with his own personal pursuit rather than society's benefit becomes all too clear for the same thing people criticize him for...he doesn't tell anyone the truth.

I'm getting tired of typing this all out, especially since no-one will read it. But there's plenty of depth there, and a good amount of artistry (I always enjoyed how the appearances of Kogami and Makishima are inverted, one wears tight formal clothing black, the other loose white clothing, but they are the same height and have very similar personalities). At the same time throughout the course of the show they also constantly mirror one another's thoughts and I'm hitting the comment limit...
>>
>>148759871
On the off chance someone Does want to watch something that does philosophy/ideologies better
Texhnolyze
Ergo Proxy
Mawaru Penguindrum
Shinsekai Yori
>>
>>148759974
>myanimelist.
>using lists

Holy fuck, get off of 4chan you cancerous newfag
>>
>>148759809
What about the cyborg guy? He literally walks around in an old fashioned hunting outfit, lives in an antique mansion, and hums classical music while hunting human beings. That's an extremely heavy reference to The Most Dangerous Game and the juxtaposition between the guy's behavior and the fact he's a fucking cyborg is interesting, suggests something timeless about human nature.
>>
>>148760059
I love how shinsekai yori final message is marxism is destined to fail.
>>
>>148760059
>Ergo Proxy
>Shinsekai Yori
>Texhnolyze

>>148759871
>SE Lain
>Rahxephon
>.Hack/Sign

god I hope you guys are trolling
>>
>>148759974
No ofcourse it isn't, it is an old show.

I was posting that list in the vain hope a non typical 4chan poster would read it.
>>
>>148759976
>sociopathic jesus
bravo Uro
>>
File: christman.png (206KB, 1233x957px) Image search: [Google]
christman.png
206KB, 1233x957px
>>148759974
>>
>>148759976
I'll start with the ending too. The Sybil system was flawed and retarded yet it was presented by the viewpoints of the characters as the most flawless system ever created and yet no explanation is given why or how it is flawless, it just is. There are too many holes in the system, toi much bullshit to take in and Urobucher isn't even being subtle about it. Yet the big reveal of Sybil to Akane is presented as this big concept utilitarianism and being the retarded plot device that she is, she accepted. In the end it all goes back to how it was before because reasoning and half thought out and half asseddly executed themes. What does that say about humanity? Is the message of the show that there's no hope for a better future for humanity? Yeah fuck you Urobucher and your absurdism.
>>
>>148760255
Can you further explain how you reached that conclusion?
>>
File: 1424245021639.webm (623KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1424245021639.webm
623KB, 1280x720px
>>148760588
>>148760588
>In the end it all goes back to how it was before because reasoning and half thought out and half asseddly executed themes. What does that say about humanity?
It says there's going to be a season 2. Unfortunately that was absolute trash, but the ending of s1 doesn't mean there's no hope, it means Kogami will become the savior as the new 'Makishima'.
>>148760588
>The Sybil system was flawed and retarded yet it was presented by the viewpoints of the characters as the most flawless system ever created and yet no explanation is given why or how it is flawless, it just is.
I don't really know what you mean, I thought that was explained very effectively, doubly so because they showed and didn't tell it. If you couldn't understand how or why Sibyl worked in the context of the showverse you must be retarded.
>>148760588
>Yet the big reveal of Sybil to Akane is presented as this big concept utilitarianism and being the retarded plot device that she is, she accepted.
There I have no answer, Akane is a living breathing deus ex machina from the get go, her response in the end makes absolutely no sense but is sold to the viewers as this incredible compromise. I will agree her character is bad in the extreme. I really have to lol @ her whole
"Makishima deserves a fair trial, anything less is murder"
when she works to capture him and KNOWS his brain will be forcibly assimilated, which is basically the same thing.

In fact you may be more right than I was willing to consider. MOST of the characters are fucking bad, and really only Makishima is interesting. Kogami is arguably the worst character in the entire show and it really upsets me how he waltzes through everything as one big gary stue.
>>
For once good PP thread? It seems rare nowadays.
>>
>>148760993
>Shogo could have just picked up that phone after murdering the grannybot, put it in his pocket, then crashed the plane
>he had definitive proof that Sibyl system was corrupt and even willing to kill its own enforcers, but just leaves it
>instead he gives Kogami a vague phone call that accomplishes nothing
>>
>>148754220
>The fact that Akane didn't load the gun full of bullets was proof she wanted to catch Makishima alive, meaning she knew the truth about Sibyl.
That's retarded
>>
>>148760993
>I don't really know what you mean, I thought that was explained very effectively, doubly so because they showed and didn't tell it. If you couldn't understand how or why Sibyl worked in the context of the showverse you must be retarded.
No it was never shown, all that was shown was how bad it actually is, all the good things about it were people parroting how it's the best thing ever and nobody questioning it ever.
>Hey this Girl was just violently raped and Sybil decides she's not worth living.
Fuck you, Sybil is great.
>Hey this system in this working place is fucked because of Sybil and Sybil wants fuck all to do with it, which amounts to Sybil being absolutely counterproductive.
Fuck you, Sybil is second coming.
>Hey there are these conveniently placed scanners that every motherfucker can get around, so many fucking blindspots.
Fuck you, Sybil totally saved the society.
>Hey Sybil doesn't actually keep tabs on motherfuckers and doesn't force check everyone in the known databases once a week for Psycho Pass levels and doesn't even alert if some fucker has been missing for five fucking years
Fuck you, Sybil is the REM of this futuristic dystopia.
>Hey Sybil took away our choices, our lives and force feeds us on how to be a member of society and what kind of member if it seems us worthy but this system is inherently flawed which creates its own problems which Sybil has or will never never have a solution. It's a promise of the dystopia that does not exist and never will and we sacrificed everything for it.
Nah fuck you mate, it's all clear for us to see that what you're saying is true but you just don't get it. Sybil is live, Sybil is life. Just don't question it mate, repeat it after us. If all it takes for Status quo to exist as it is for us to act retarded, so we will. What's the harm in that?
This is literally the argument show presents.
>>
>>148762041
Continue
Just wanted to add, Urobuchi is not good enough to write complex themes that he tries to tackle because he is not intelligent enough to think it through and convincing enough for someone with half a brain cell. Just because you throw in bunch of quotes from other philosophers and better men and better writers than you in order to stand on their shoulders, just because you provide serviceable padding for plebs that want to be told what to think instead of doing it themselves does not mean your half thought out corporate IPS don't just crumble on the most basic levels.
>>
>>148762041
>the overwhelming majority of human beings are so used to safety they don't even recognize or understand violence when they see it
>everyone in society has a place, a job equal to their abilities, there's no scarcity either
>meanwhile the rest of the world is in total chaos, the only exception is Sibyll
The show clearly demonstrates this, this is clearly how the typical person in Sibyl society sees.it.
>>
>>148762383
>The show clearly demonstrates this, this is clearly how the typical person in Sibyl society sees.it.
But we do know that it's not all true, so do the protagonists yet it just stays unchanging just so it can sequel bait. Fuck, every main character that realized the holes in the system should've come together in the last episode and should've decided anarchy is the way to go. And then a fucking couch from tenth floor falls on their heads and they all fucking die and that shit would've been a better and miles satisfying conclusion than the one we got.
>>
>>148762716
The holes we know of are very small pockets. You really lack context, the whole reason Akane keeps Sibyl in place is because she understands society relies on it. The main characters would almost all agree on this fact.
>>
>>148762985
There isn't an argument for it as good as the one in your head, society does rely on it but only because it's being forced to. It can survive without it. In the end Makashima was right even though he was just a selfish faggoty piece of shit.
>>
>>148763170
Man, the argument is self evident in the PP universe. No country but Japan is stable, Japan uses Sibyl. Japan knows this, they appreciate Sibyl.
>>
File: speedweed.png (293KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
speedweed.png
293KB, 500x501px
>>148750249
It's good enough, the idea itself isn't original, dystopian futures have been big scifi topic since the 1930s, with books like Brave New World.

You can tell where it gets a lot of it's influences from, but it can hold it's own with the interesting arcs.

Season 2 was shit, forget it even exists.

I'd give the movie a 7/10, s1 an 8.5/10.
>>
>>148763281
That's just a flimsy justification and leaves you thinking, WTF does the show that revolves around the humanity so much is saying about the humanity?
>>
>>148764322
It's not flimsy in the least, you clearly see Sibyl society as being a near utopia in many respects.
>>
Couldn't stand watching it past the first episode.
Everything about the premise just screamed "IT'S A METAPHOR U GUISE, GET IT?!". Really hamfisted.

On top of that the girl whose eyes look like they're about to slip down to her chin really ticked me off, including that forced "romantic tension with bad boy" that got forced in like 10 minutes into the show.
>>
SPOOKYBOOGIE
>>
>>148765281

Just because the hardest book you ever read was Harry Potter doesn't mean other people don't understand big-boy-words.
>>
>>148765111
>Everything about the premise just screamed "IT'S A METAPHOR U GUISE, GET IT?
A metaphor for what exactly?
>>
File: 1438000994894.png (418KB, 760x675px) Image search: [Google]
1438000994894.png
418KB, 760x675px
>>148750249
>.webm
>895x2000
>>
>>148765625

It's been 3 years since I tried watching it, but wasn't the premise that everyone had to carry ID cards that showed how 'evil' or cuh-razy you were, and if it went black you got BTFO?
It just felt like an obvious setup for a punchline about how moral absolutism is bad and how we're all a little abnormal inside.
>>
File: 1417899715380.webm (1MB, 1098x618px) Image search: [Google]
1417899715380.webm
1MB, 1098x618px
How to ruin a second season 101.
>>
What was her name again?
>>
>>148766242
>wasn't the premise that everyone had to carry ID cards that showed how 'evil' or cuh-razy you were, and if it went black you got BTFO?
Sort-of. It was callled "crime coefficient," and was a measure of the individual's likelihood of committing a serious crime. The weapons used against criminals would function based on the number. Once the number got over 100, the target could be paralyzed and detained. If it got over 300, lethal force was authorized.
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.