[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

katanagatari

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 31

File: 1461773887321.jpg (312KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1461773887321.jpg
312KB, 1920x1080px
why did he let Hitei live? i thought she was the one who ordered Emonzaemon to kill Togame?

why did he kek himself for this slut?
>>
>>148726580
it's supposed to be ironic or something
>>
File: 1475889600542.jpg (99KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
1475889600542.jpg
99KB, 1000x563px
It was dumb and one of the worst possible conclusions in recent memory. he should have killed her and then wandered the land to find atonement for his sins.

What were they thinking letting this cunt live?
>>
>>148726606
>atonement for his sins
atonement for what sins? shichika did nothing wrong. literally.
>>
Because he secretly wanted dat pussy.
>>
>>148726580
>i thought she was the one who ordered Emonzaemon to kill Togame?
She didn't, Emon was going rogue on that kill, that's why Shichika asks her what she thought of Togame before deciding on killing her or not.
>>
File: Best girl.jpg (307KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Best girl.jpg
307KB, 1280x720px
>>148726580
Upset that best girl won?
>>
>>148726580
Well, there's that theory that Togame didn't really love Shichika, and that she was, literally and figurative, the only "swordsman" able to wield him; Shichika was the sword Togame used on her quest for revenge. Togame mentions this to him a few times, and Shichika seems fine with it, but if Togame lied, why couldn't Shichika do that as well? Maybe he didn't really love her too, and used her for affection (remember, this man-child lived more or less as a hermit with his sister).

Whether he loved Togame or not, Shichika does recognize Togame as his master, the only person he would let himself be wielded by. This is evident by his disinterest in Hitei, even if he does fuck her on the side.

Why does he make Togame's wish come true if he didn't really love her? Maybe it some sort of nip "muh samurai honor" thing, or maybe he's just bored.

I do, however, like to think they loved each other, if only for moments.
>>
File: 1460161646607.jpg (162KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1460161646607.jpg
162KB, 1920x1080px
>>148726815
>She didn't, Emon was going rogue on that kill
But wasn't she talking about killing her in episode 10 or 11?
>>148726846
i was wondering how you got that image to be so sharp but i guess that's just how it is normally.
>>
>>148726606
I actually agree with this. I don't know why so many anons praise the ending. At best, I feel ambivalent toward the two of them getting buddy buddy, since they don't really have any good reason to stick together. Hitei playing antagonist and then frivolously changing her mind as if she were bored reminded me of benten, whose narrative I found annoying.
>>
>>148726893
Togame says as she dies that even though she loved him, her own feelings were just tools for her ambitions, as was the sword hunt, and we never get to know her true plans because she never shared them.

Rewatch the start of episode 12. She admits she was going to kill Shichika at the end of the journey.
>>
>>148727006
Ugh.

I can't just rewatch that episode, I need to see the whole thing again. Why are you flaring up my autism like this?
>>
>>148727006
>She admits she was going to kill Shichika at the end of the journey.
I'm fairly sure that was a lie. She was saying that to make Shichika not feel so bad about her dying on his watch.
>>
ITT: children that didn't understand the show
>>
File: 1465487779866.jpg (76KB, 645x858px) Image search: [Google]
1465487779866.jpg
76KB, 645x858px
>>148727232
>look at me guys
>pay attention to me PLEASE
tfw to intelligent for katanagatari
>>
>>148727309
Are you triggered, cheeriofag?
>>
>>148727232
Clearly nobody is a match for your superior intellect when it comes to chinese cartoons, anon sinshou
>>
>>148727190
Thats really minimizing her character.

Did you ever wonder why shes gathering the swords?
Why she never mentions anything about herself to Shichika?

Shes haunted by her childhood, so traumatically so her hair turned white and she gained that eye of hers.

Shes all about whatever revenge she was planning, or ultimate goal, but its never brought up. She knew not to actually open up to Shichika, but to use him as a weapon, and during each time we hear her inner monologues theyre all dark as fuck, wondering if shes dulling him, or when he spares the little snow hick she wonders if hes broken, seeing him act on his own. Hell, she was glad to see him finally able to kill his sister.

When she finds the third to last sword with that wise man, we see shes still only holding onto her dads death, and she thinks of nothing else digging for that one.

When shes dying and she gives her final words, one of the biggest themes in the show, and she lets the truth out. Shes so invested into her ambitions she uses all of herself to get them. Her own personal feelings, her true love of her sword, theyre real and she does want to be with him, but even that part of her was just a tool.

I think its perfectly in line with her that it was true, she would've killed him if she didn't die, and she wouldve started the next stage of whatever it was she was planning.
>>
>>148726580
Why did she cut her glorious hair
>>
learn to spoiler faggot
>>
>>148727475
Because she thought Shichika liked girls with short hair.
>>
>>148727491
Learn how to watch a show before you enter a thread about it, faggot.
>>
>>148727435
>Thats really minimizing her character.
Pretty sure you mean trivializing, but either way, not really. It doesn't make any less of her character, in fact it shows growth that she would rather be hated herself just so she could easy to pain of someone else. At the start of the series she would have never done anything even close to that.

And she also had no actual reason to kill him. What good would it do to get rid a very powerful weapon that is totally loyal to you.
>>
>>148727663
She tells you this herself. She would've been glad to end the lineage of the one who killed her father. She said she would've never let that go.

and no, I meant what I said.
>>
File: kekekeke.gif (2MB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
kekekeke.gif
2MB, 704x400px
Best girl.
>>
>>148727663
Also, becoming an emotional women isn't doing her character any favors. She was a strategist, the only thing she took pride in. Why even gather the swords at that point if she was just going to hop around japan making a map?

Thats why shichika does it I think, Hes just living out the triviality of the imagined life that wouldve never happened if she lives.

Through the show, we feel like we never really see her genius other than her schemes here and there, but the reveal at the end shows it was all her genius, using herself like that for her goals.

She enjoyed her journey, and she fell in love, and was able to be genuine, knowing she was using even herself.
>>
>>148727721
>>148727853
>and no, I meant what I said.
Then you have very poor English skills.

Anyway, I don't have to motivation to carry on this exact conversation that has been rehashed countless times on this board.
>>
>>148727917
>I don't understand English and I lost the argument so I'm running away!
>>
File: 1434633062695.gif (262KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1434633062695.gif
262KB, 300x300px
>>148727732
>>
File: 2016-10-18_17-59-10.png (22KB, 800x254px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-18_17-59-10.png
22KB, 800x254px
>>148727967
No, I meant what I said exactly at face value. You greentexting like a newfag doesn't change that.

Just google "minimizing a character" and see how literally no one else in the world uses it the way you just tried to. If that's not enough to convince you that you're wrong, nothing is.
>>
>>148728205
I'm not even the guy you were talking to. I thought you were done with this conversation?
>>
>>148726580
Are you seriously asking for logic in a show where
>a plate armor is a "sword"
>a doll is a "sword"
>a scabbarb is a "sword"
>a martial art is a "sword"
>a pair of gun is a "sword"
I can't believe I lasted up to episode 8 before I finally dropped it.
I just read the summary at wikipedia and man, what a wise choice it was.
>>
>>148726580
Nision wrote himself into a corner because it was a retarded project to produce a novel every month and he realized too late that his entire story and themes were retarded and shit so he pushed the self-destruct button built into every unfinished story called "It was about the futility of human action in an uncaring universe" so he could pretend that he was a genius when in reality he's a retarded hack.

At least best girl won, but only at the sacrifice of the integrity of the story as a whole.
>>
File: 1475162229511.png (936KB, 1100x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1475162229511.png
936KB, 1100x1200px
>>148727917
That greentext wasn't me but okay pal. Learn that I meant she was a larger part of the story and driving force in the world than you realize, and that it wouldnt be TRIVIALIZING her but rather completely minimizing her role in the story if she was just a ditz who fell for some weapon she picked up.

Sorry this show is too deep for you. I bet you don't even understand how great Madoka is.
>>
File: 30a.jpg (52KB, 475x356px) Image search: [Google]
30a.jpg
52KB, 475x356px
>>148728244
>>148728491
>That greentext wasn't me
>I'm not even the guy
>>
>>148727435
This is exactly right. I'm not sure why there's any confusion about it. The anime was pretty direct.
>>
>>148727491
>learn to spoiler faggot
The show is 6 years old. This would be like spoilering Cowboy Bebop.
>>
>>148728253
>"literal" autism
you like my double entendre there? or should i say double edged "sword?"
>>
>>148726580
>>148726917

Hitei did not order Togame's death. She ordered Emonzaemon to get the swords.

The only way to do that was to neutralize Shichika, and the way Emonzaemon decided to do that was to mortally wound Togame.

The reason he left her was because of her answer. When he asked if Hitei liked Togame, her response was "I didn't dislike her."; the closest thing Hitei would ever say to admitting she regretted that it ended that way.

Katanagatari is about failure and coping. The ones that survive are the ones that move on from their lost dreams, while those who die are those who would not give up their goals in the face of inevitablity.

Togame chose to die for her dream of revenge; She could have sent a courier or Shichika to deliver the blades, but that would prevent her from getting her audience with the Shogun.

Hitei, by her nature, gave up her dream in an instant: She shrugged and moved on.

Shichika had a dream himself; He wished to die. He gave that up as well once he realized he could carry Togame's dream with him: It's the power of the living to chase new dreams.

It's rather appropriate that Hitei tags along at this point; She's rather lost without Kiki's prophecies, so her being accessory to Togame's dream is entertainingly ironic.

People complain about NTR, when Hitei is a side bitch to Shichika's fulfillment of Togame's dream.
>>
>>148727190
She wasn't. The Sage himself pointed it out.
>>
LET IT GO AND MOVE ON - the show
>>
>>148732995
Togame was a fucking psychopath. Shichika wasn't the one who killed her dad, it was his father.

She could have stuck to her revenge plot and got the dick if she didn't rely on stupid Jap logic
>>
>>148733759
>show for japanese audience contains characters that follow japanese cultural beliefs
who would have guessed? truly unbelievable!
>>
Everyone who had an agenda failed and died. That's the whole point of the show. Keep that in mind, because it's the reason Hitei survived. Shichika only had an agenda at the end, which was to die, and it failed, so he lived.
Hitei had dueling agendas, which meant that one of them was guaranteed to fail while the other succeeded. The fact that she didn't care which one failed left it fully in the hands of Shichika. This makes Hitei pretty much bulletproof as far as her agendas go. As long as Shichika didn't just shrug and walk away completely, then no matter what he did, she would succeed, even if she died. In the end, Shichika chose to kill the shogun. Hitei's agenda to destroy Kiki's plan and let Shichika kill her failed, and so she lived. Deal with it.

On a side note, I don't think Hitei ever ordered the hit on Togame. Pretty sure Emonzaemon did that on his own. He did it for Hitei, sure, but he wasn't told to.
>>
You gotta lay back.
>>
>>148726580
>why did he let Hitei live? i thought she was the one who ordered Emonzaemon to kill Togame?
Shichika didn't kill Hitei because in the end he realized fignting and killing is pointless, or that's what this anon took away from it all. Also he didn't want to kill the closest thing Togame had to a friend or confidant. Tomgame confessed Hitei was as much, in the second to last episode. Also Hitei was in a similar situation as Togame was with Maniwa Penguin. Enmonzaemon chanced upon Togame's identity, and she was thus branded a traitor and was marked for death. If Emonzaemon went after her on his own authority there was nothing Hitei could realistically do against the hit. And even if Emonzaemon failed to kill Togame and or Shichika she would still see whether history unfolded in the way Shikizaki Kiki planned or not.
>>
>>148731537
yeah this. people don't get she was lying when she said she ordered him to go kill her.

in fact the whole ending basically ended up like a test to see if people were really paying attention.
>>
>>148731537
>Togame chose to die for her dream of revenge; She could have sent a courier or Shichika to deliver the blades, but that would prevent her from getting her audience with the Shogun.
It's not so much that she chose to die for her revenge. She didn't plan to at least and what Emonzaemon did came as a surprise to her. It's more accurate to say that she cast herself away for the sake of her objective, rather than casting her objective away to reach her true objective as the sage advised. I really love that tenth episode of Katanagatari even though it's just some random guy explaining the entire plot of the show and the morals contained within.
>>
>>148734834

I'd argue she was willfully ignorant of the results.

She'd need to confront Hitei to get the last deviant blade, and she knew that Hitei had a powerful combatant at her side. It was going to be a fight, and she knew it wasn't going to be a fair one.

She was right.
>>
>>148734274
Man, the OST is so great.
>>
>>148726580
99% of the people who dislike the ending didn't really understand the story.
>>
>>148734972
By that point both Hitei and Togame where prepping for a political conflict and negotiations. Just having Emonzaemon/Shichika beside them would deter the other from appealing to force. They were going to intrigue it out, sure, but neither Togame nor Hitei anticipated an inglorious assasination to be the inevitable outcome of their little competition.
>>
>>148730822
If it is not a sword, then why call it as one?
Just use the term "weapon" and call it a day
>>
>>148735248
Because Kiki was a swordsmith.
>>
>>148735279
Just use the term "blacksmith"
>>
File: 1466825235171.png (39KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1466825235171.png
39KB, 400x300px
>>148726580
Do I need to watch this before Bake?
>>
>>148726580

I think the point of it was that, if Hida's revolution had worked, their positions would probably be switched, basically he just realized how alike they both are in their methods and mindsets, and after she admits to actually liking Togame, he decided not to kill her.

You have to understand that Shichika doesn't really consider Togame's death to be an injustice, and that she really did kind of deserve it for all her scheming and callous emotional manipulation, he loved her anyway, but that's how it is.

He see's the real 'injustice' in the Shogun, who forced the sword hunt out of fear of rebellion, and basically set Togame on the path that would take up her entire life with her power plot by telling her to retrieve the swords, as well as giving the same idea to Hitei, but again, Shichika doesn't really think killing the Shogun will actually relieve any injustice, he just 'needed to be made an example of'.

At least that's how I always figured it to be.
>>
>>148735333
No. You should watch it before Kizumonogatari is what most would recommend. And make sure to watch Oremonogatari directly after. That's the optimal viewing order for the -gatari series.
>>
>>148735248
A sword is a tool used for killing. The deviant blades are tools used for killing.

Therefore, gun = sword.
>>
>>148726580
that feel when despite how much I enjoyed this series I will never rewatch it ever again because of the ending
>>
>>148726606
>jojofags
>>
>>148735333
not sure if serious
>>
>>148735333
You need to watch TSF before both.

>>148735324
How is that any different?
Blacksmiths don't make wooden swords, nor do they make most of the other bullshit.
>>
>>148735175
pass your wisdom onto me sempai
>>
>>148735454
The series adresses this by finally setteling on calling Shikizaki a soothsayer.
>>
>>148735402

What about the armor then? Or the empty scabbard?

Or the dagger that's literal only use is to keep the user alive?
>>
>>148735193

Actually, I think your perspective is better. Enmonzamon broke the rules and shamed Hitei; Noblise Oblige and all that.

>>148735248
Kiki was a swordsmith and a soothsayer.

He was stealing inspiration from the future to push the boundries of sword smithing.

He made blades of glass, wood and nothing. He composed armor and a god-damn robot out of blades.

The only one that was definitely not a blade was the revolvers, and if my (alt) history is correct, he had no fucking idea what to call them, so being a -gatari, he stumbles into a wordplay calling them fire swords (firearms).
>>
>>148735516
That's how he learned about the future-history he wanted to change, and presumably where he learned about future magic-tech to make the swords.
But he's still a swordsmith.
>>
>>148735175
Lol, the ending shat on the story and said it was all that we just spent 9 hours was effectivly pointless dribble.
>>
>>148735454
>Blacksmiths don't make wooden swords
Then use the term "smith"
>>
Reminder that this is a NISIO series and that most confusing aspects are adequately explained by
>because nisio
>>
>>148726986
>since they don't really have any good reason to stick together

I always thought it was to somewhat mirror and close the loop of Shichika's narrative. Hitei ends the series basically aimless and with nothing left (there was no History left to observe and she lost both Emonzaemon and Togame). At that point she's like a fun house mirror of how Shichika started the series, lacking in a will and an ambition. And now we have Shichika guiding someone's who lost or never had a way to begin with (very strongly put out there by Shicika mapping out the world).
>>
>>148735529
The empty scabbard was intended as an object of meditation or contemplation. It "kills" the self.

The armor allows you to attack with impunity, as does the dagger.

That said, they're deviant for a reason.
>>
>>148726580
>why did he let Hitei live? i thought she was the one who ordered Emonzaemon to kill Togame?
Because both Hitei and Togame were playing the same game.
Togame lost, and there was no point in killing Hitei.
>>
Katanagatari would have been better is SHAFT did it
>>
>>148736050
Fuck no, it was absolutely fine as-is. Needless head tilts and missing scene inserts are useless.
>>
I don't get why Americans can't deal with sad/bitter-sweet endings.

It's as if you're just so much into Hollywood/Disney endings, that the lack of those make you feel the story became meaningless and unrewarding.

The ending Katanagatari got was perfect for its story.
>>
>>148726580
That's the point of the series.
Subverting expectations and trolling.
It's cocktease the show in about every single moment.
>>
Unff
Gaijin Stronk
>>
>>148727732
It's a guy.
>>
>>148731537
Stop typing like a retard.
>>
>>148736159
Americans are fine with it. It's probably the dirty south Americans that can't watch anything that isn't cgdct.
>>
>>148736550
South Americans are fine with it. It's probably the dirty Leafs that can't watch anything that isn't LGBTQAWTFBBQ
>>
>>148736159
Why do eurotrash attribute literally everything they dislike or disagree with to Americans? That obsession is really unhealthy.
>>
>>148736159
>>148736550
>>148736550
>>148736609
You imagine if /a/ had flags? This board would be such a shitshow.
>>
>>148736287
I wanna make an isle in the Nile.
>>
File: CI_57263_1327932997.jpg (102KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
CI_57263_1327932997.jpg
102KB, 1024x576px
>>148726580
He recognized the superior girl and got what he really wanted.
>>
>>148736754
>>148736662
I want to be smothered by that scheming ass
>>
>>148736657
Completely true, since all flag boards are shitshows.
>>
File: whenwilltheylearn.jpg (143KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
whenwilltheylearn.jpg
143KB, 1280x720px
>>
God I hate CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT.
Both had such great hair.
Fuck you Nisio.
>>
She's the descendant of the guy who "forged" his ancestors.

It's only fitting she be his one true destined companion instead of togeshit.
>>
>>148737278
yeah but shes gonna ntr him because shes such a good schemer
>>
File: Hitei.png (331KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Hitei.png
331KB, 800x450px
>>148737364
>lose
>make up rumors about who beat you to feel better about losing to them
>>
>>148726606
What sins? Nearly everyone he killed deserved it, or at the very least was prepared for death. He even spared the people that deserved to be spared, like that weakling at the end with the useless sword.

The reason he hooked up with Hitei was because she didn't really hate Togame and Shichika ultimately agreed with her philosophy of trying to change the future and went along with her plan to kill the Shogun. In the end, they failed and history self-corrected. Hitei had nothing left to do, and decided to follow Shichika around.
>>
Best girl won. Everything went better than expected desu.
>>
>>148736947
It makes sense for Hitei though. Her long luxurious hair would have become nasty ass dreadlocks on an extensive road trip
>>
>>148726580
Can't kill best girl.
>>
>>148736890
WOMANLET
>>
>>148741276
small girls are cute
>>
I really want Vertical to release the novels, they're doing Zaregoto so they might aswell adapt all of Nisio's works.
>>
>>148726580
she's cute though
>>
S2 with them traveling together when

>>148727232
>It was all for nothing
That's all there is to the show
>>
>>148726580
Why would he care? The whole point is that he's a weapon that doesn't care about who wields it.
>>
>>148735380
I had always thought that the "sword hunt to prevent rebellion" was just a story Togame made up, and that she was going to use the swords to somehow overthrow the shogunate responsible for killing her father. I thought Shichika knew this as well, after Kõmori told him who Togame was, and was just faking the whole "fell for you" thing because he wanted to see how Togame's plan would work out.

Was Shichika really that one dimensional a character? Did the Shogun actually order Togame to collect the blades, and it wasn't her own personal decision to go after them?
>>
This show was about someone who wanted revenge and has spent her entire life living for it. She's obsessed and can't move on from her father's death.

What's not to get? It is a pretty classic theme. It's done well and her death was a moving scene.
>>
>>148735333
No, but you got to continue by reading Otoyomegatari
>>
>>148736159
This. Americans are always happy and optimistic. Japan is closer to Europe in their penchant for tragedy and suicide in storytelling.
>>
>>148736159
>>148743246
why do yuropoors think Americans have an issue with sad/bittersweet endings? even if Hitei had gotten killed it still wouldn't be a happy ending because Togame was killed too. no one in the thread is complaining about her death.
>>
File: 1459314557103.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1459314557103.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
>>148743342
>why do yuropoors think Americans have an issue with sad/bittersweet endings?
Because we see daily evidence of it online.
>>
>>148727006
>>148727435
>Togame says as she dies that even though she loved him, her own feelings were just tools for her ambitions
>Her own personal feelings, her true love of her sword, theyre real and she does want to be with him, but even that part of her was just a tool.
I've always found this to be rather suspect. While I'm on the fence as to the degree to which Togame was lying during her death scene, it requires an immense suspension of disbelief that somebody could consciously use their own legitimate emotions as a tool to further their ambitions.

How would she even know that she would fall in love with Shichika when crafting her plan to pursue her ambitions?
>>
>>148742835
>Was Shichika really that one dimensional a character?
No, he was a mountain hick that only ever had human contact with two other people and spent his whole life training. Assuming he'd do something out if intellectual curiosity is fucking ridiculous. His whole character arc is about him starting as a person with no real sense of self or identity and growing into an actual human with desires and emotions.
> Did the Shogun actually order Togame to collect the blades, and it wasn't her own personal decision to go after them?
He probably gave an order to his retainers, and Togame was the only one who readily jumped at the opportunity.
>>
File: 229619-kata613750.jpg (61KB, 1058x720px) Image search: [Google]
229619-kata613750.jpg
61KB, 1058x720px
>>148727853
>Thats why shichika does it I think, Hes just living out the triviality of the imagined life that wouldve never happened if she lives.
This. No way in hell would Togame's ambitions have been that trivial. I suppose it's a way for Shichika to cope with her death too and his inability to understand her real goals.

>She enjoyed her journey, and she fell in love, and was able to be genuine, knowing she was using even herself.
Maybe I'm just retarded, but I don't quite understand what you mean here.
>>
>>148744102
>No, he was a mountain hick that only ever had human contact with two other people and spent his whole life training. Assuming he'd do something out if intellectual curiosity is fucking ridiculous.
So you're saying when Komori told him that Togame was the daughter of Hida Takahito and he was surprised, he just ignored everything and decided "okay I guess i'll go with you!"?
>>
>>148726580
It would've been nil to kill her. She told Enzaemon to get the swords she didn't say kill cheerio. It was a pretty fitting ending for a story that rendered everything they did was for nothing. Also that boss rush is one of the best scenes in anime for me at least.
>>
>>148743936
Guess what: Togame is fucked up. What happened in her childhood screwed her up. I don't understand what's so strange about that? The show points it out perfectly. She's cray cray.
>>
>>148743936
She didn't know, but used it when it happened.
>>
File: 1475020286711.jpg (249KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1475020286711.jpg
249KB, 1920x1080px
>>148735131
>Man, the OST is so great.
Talk about the perfect character theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1274PRWHt4w

>>148745770
I guess the act of dismissing questions regarding her actions in a series such as this by saying "She's fucked up" doesn't sit well with me.
>>
>>148735175
I think part of the problem is that Katanagatari is one of the few series where it can be argued that there is more than one legitimate interpretation of events.

The fact that every Katanagatari thread on /a/ devolves into the exact same discussion every single time is a testament to that. Very few anime can provoke that level of consistency from their threads.

>>148736050
To be fair, as an anime adaption, I'd struggle to find anything that needed to be improved (not to mention anything that could be improved by Shaft).
>>
File: 1453587801372.jpg (35KB, 745x716px) Image search: [Google]
1453587801372.jpg
35KB, 745x716px
>>148745885
>Talk about the perfect character theme
>tfw the character song straight up tells you the character's motivations
>>
File: 832d2b48918bb347ca41db1dd17bf785.jpg (378KB, 1280x1503px) Image search: [Google]
832d2b48918bb347ca41db1dd17bf785.jpg
378KB, 1280x1503px
>>148741677
Small women predominantly produce small children, forever tainting your bloodline.

>>148736651
>Why do eurotrash attribute literally everything they dislike or disagree with to Americans?
Because while America is the source of many good things in the world, it is also the source of a lot of bad and/or annoying shit too.
>>
>>148746096
>forever tainting your bloodline.
Not if you have a daughteru.
>>
>>148726580
It makes more sense in the LN, but basically:

Togame was originally just using him for revenge. She was a master strategist remember? Her plan was to collect the swords using Shichika and then kill him in revenge for what his father killing her's. It was her ultimate revenge. However she eventually falls in love with him and has a conflict of character where she wants to avenge her father but also knows she loves Shichika. No matter what happens she will be miserable, either she will be miserable knowing she failed her family or she would be miserable without the man she loves. She ultimately decides to kill Shichika and Hitei finds out or at least knows Togame well enough to know what she is going through so she has Emonzaemon kill her as a "mercy"

When Shichika talks with Hitei at the end he realizes that killing Togame was best because it saved her from the misery she would feel if her plans succeeded and in the end she got to die as a woman in love. So it's her best possible "happy ending" and he respects Hitei for doing that to someone she was actually really close friends with and allows her to follow him on his adventures as thanks.
>>
>>148726580
I think that had Togame proceed with her plan, it will result in Hitei's failure and posssibly execution(due to her now knew that Togame is aiming to kill her boss, Shogun, so its her duty to report/stop her). It was matter of her survival, therefore Shichika didn't hold it against her. He also got no benefit from her death. It actually also apply for Emonzaemon, but he probably can't stand Togame's direct murderer to stay alive and well.
>>148726815
She obviously knew and consent Emonzaemon's kill. She acknowledge it as "nasty business" after she learn Togame is the daughter of slain rebel leader.
>>
>>148735410
I dunno anon, it's certainly a show that benefits from multiple viewings. Not in quick succession though.

>>148736287
She's not a Gaijin, anon.

>>148746109
But if your daughteru has sons, your grandsons have a strong chance of being short too.
>>
>>148726580
Dude, it's Nisio Isin, you shouldn't think too hard about it.
>>
File: The eye.jpg (23KB, 580x326px) Image search: [Google]
The eye.jpg
23KB, 580x326px
>>148743021
Does Togame's eye change when she's lying or is it something else that affects it?

>>148736657
It would be a fun albeit awkward to implement April Fools day thing if /a/ had flags for 24 hours.
>>
>>148726580
>why did he let Hitei live?
Because she basically saved his life by offing the backstabbing bitch who was trying to betray and kill him. Plus she is hot, too.
>>
>>148726893
>there's that theory that Togame didn't really love Shichika
But it's no theory. She literally admitted it all at the end.
>>
>>148737453
She's like Italy in a world war.

>>148746924
But we have nothing better to do with our time.

>>148747836
Many people assume she was lying to spare his feelings so that he wouldn't go on a murderous rampage like he did.
>>
File: 51s2le7xo1_1280.jpg (311KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
51s2le7xo1_1280.jpg
311KB, 1280x720px
>>148726580
>why did he let Hitei live?
Because he had no reason to kill her as she hadn't actively done anything to hurt him or Togame.

Also, learn how to use capital letters.
>>
>>148747881
>Many people assume she was lying to spare his feelings so that he wouldn't go on a murderous rampage like he did.
Except there were tons of hints and implication that she said the truth and was trying to kill him. Her conversation about the meaningless revenge with the sage is a prime example.
>>
But still, whatever the truth may be, AHHHHH FUCK AUTHOR-SAN AND HIM KILLING MY CHEERIO, I'LL BURN HIS HOUSE DOWN, COME, GATHER THE PITCHFORKS
>>
>>148748348
Let it go, anon. She was killed for the sake of making best girl end up with the MC. That's worth it.
>>
File: good.jpg (43KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
good.jpg
43KB, 640x360px
>>148744121
>>
>>148745885
Okay but WHY do people dismiss everything Togame says when she's dying?

The main character is explaining everything for you dude.
>>
>>148745885
>regarding her actions in a series such as this by saying "She's fucked up" doesn't sit well with me.
You were lied to the whole time, accept it.
>>
>>148746292
I can agee with this.

Togame dying saved her from herself.

It's not a Disney ending.
>>
>>148726580
Because violence just breeds violence and doesn't really solve problems.
>>
>>148745264
At that point, Shichika only really viewed himself as a sword rather than a person. Togame offered to become his owner and he complied to become her sword.
>>
Shichika is going to put his sword in her vag sheath
>>
File: driRIQRt_640x480.jpg (118KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
driRIQRt_640x480.jpg
118KB, 640x480px
>>148748348
I don't think you know who you're going against.
>>
>>148751186
FUCK YOU NISIO
STOP RUINING PERFECT HAIR
Thread posts: 143
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.