[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

post unpopular opinions about an Anime that gets shilled by /a/utists.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

File: hisoka.jpg (94KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hisoka.jpg
94KB, 1920x1080px
post unpopular opinions about an Anime that gets shilled by /a/utists.

I start

>Hunter x Hunter's chimera ant arc and large portions of the Phantom Troupe arc could have been left out of the manga and anime and the quality of them would have gone up tremendously
>any arc would have been improved by giving Leorio more screentime
>>
>>148594397

What parts of the Chimera Ant arc would've been better left out?

Besides every scene involving Ikalgo, I think the rest was pretty good.

Leorio being relevant in any arc besides the first and last arc (in the anime) would've definitely improved the show. At least he'll be prominent in the current/upcoming arc.

Also, I don't think most people on /a/ would be upset by these opinions. If you were to say Hunter x Hunter in general was shit, then yeah, but these are just reasonable opinions more fit for discussion than trying to grab peoples' attention by both saying they're unpopular and calling /a/ autists.

You're better than this, anon, I know you are.
>>
>>148594710
>What parts of the Chimera Ant arc would've been better left out?

overbearing narration. Everything was narrated. Fucking everything. And the fact that the king was this strong also leaves a bad aftertaste for further encounters when the manga continues. He was a major step up from everything Gon encounted previously, the main characters got sidelined so fast that it felt like watching a spin-off show. They basically blew their load. If this was DBZ it would have been like skipping the Frieza arc and skipping straight to a combination of Cell and Buu.

t got annoying after a while how much they switched between fights and nothing was ever resolved. The idiot ball was also thrown around quite regularly on both sides. The amount of retardation by the royal guards and the protagonist group was too much to handle.
>>
>>148594397
But neither of those are unpopular. People always bitch about the pace of HxH and the ant arc.
No idea how popular Leorio is, though I agree with you.
>>
>>148594943
everything in kaiji is narrated, how bout you suck a big dick
>>
Leorio being sidelined was a fucking travesty. There is a rule in story-telling for the protagonist personality triangle which was filled by Gon, Killua and Leorio. Sidelining Kurapika wasn't a issue since he was a personality variation of Killua. But the lack of Leorio seriously fucked with any arc in which he was missing. The introduction of Knuckle in the chimera ant arc was a pretty shitty attempt to get a "new Leorio" that was already at the appropriate fighting capability.
>>
My unpopular opinion is that I don't like Leorio.
>>
>>148594397

Leorio is a mediocre character who, along with Kuwabara, gets shilled by /a/ because they're the comic relief 'bro' character rather than because they are well written, charismatic, interesting or well developed. The other 3 (in either time) are significantly better characters in every way except being the underdog bro you retards prefer by default without even considering how they're actually written.

Luckily Togashi is a very good writer and Leorio will probably start being worth panel time in this new arc.
>>
>>148594397

Hisoka is a gary stu of the worst kind.
>>
>>148594943
You've only watched the anime, haven't you? Why are you talking about removing content from the manga if that's the case?The narration is extremely natural, unobtrusive and atmosphere enhancing in the manga, it's only annoying when you have to hear it out loud.

The king being so strong has thematic significance and literally fucks with the entire concept of powerlevels because he dies by a NUKE and cannot beat a weak blind girl. The fact that you even compare it to DBZ shows how little you understood about him as a character.

And the way it was structured by switching between stories was frustrating, true, but that sort of thorough build up only made the payoff better when everything comes together.
>>
>>148594943

I can agree with you on the narration as well as how often it switched between fights. I can only imagine what it was like to watch it while it aired weekly. I would've enjoyed the infiltration arc a lot more if it stayed a bit more centered on a single character at a time.

The main characters got sidelined throughout the entire story though.

>>148595342

That's the whole point though. I, at least, just want more of Leorio because he seems like he'd be a great character if he got more panel/screen time. He's silly, fun, and loveable.
>>
File: 1476281959199.png (278KB, 354x367px) Image search: [Google]
1476281959199.png
278KB, 354x367px
>>148594397
>cutting out parts of the Yorkshin arc
Nigga it was already brief as shit why compress it even further

Now this I agree with.
>>
Hisoka needs more screen time
Leorio needs more screen time
Kurapika should get a gender reassignment surgery so I don't feel guilty about fapping to him. He's already halfway there with his crossdressing habits.
Ging needs to get a fucking haircut and shave. He looks like a hobo.
>>
File: 1473938037192.jpg (325KB, 357x968px) Image search: [Google]
1473938037192.jpg
325KB, 357x968px
These three have a great dynamic and I wish they were together more.
>>
>>148595492
Leorio being in more arcs wouldn't improve them though, which is your original point. One of the best things about HxH is that it doesn't follow conventional rules for protagonist involvement. The main 4 have their own lives and goals, they aren't going to be shoehorned into an arc they didn't need to be involved in. Gon isn't always the MC, they aren't always together, the focus between them varies and that's a very natural way to have events play out.
>>
>>148594397
Moe is always shit.
>>
>>148595733
Hunter x Hunter should have transitioned after the Hunter exam into a fucking hunting arc. You know, where they hunt. Since they are still inexperienced they decide to team up and contact one of the Hunter association notice boards that offer jobs. They pick up one of the D-rank jobs because they think F-rank is below their skill-level. They get their shit pushed in almost immediately and begrudgingly pick up a F-rank job to get some practice. They quickly realize that even F-rank missions can be incredibly challenging and that the world of Hunters is unforgiving and cruel.
>>
>>148595342
Even though I agree to an extent, Kuwabara was way more flesh out as a character.

You couldn't explain why Leorio isn't a bland side character without going into full analysis on why he isn't. That's the main issue with HxH is Togashi make their characters seem obvious but at the same time subtle, which all it does and create elitism in his fanbase.
>>
>>148595977
Where can I buy this video game?
>>
>>148595859
Well, that sounds great in concept but in reality it just feels like that Togashi was trying to write a different story for a new manga and just squeezed that shit into Hunter x Hunter because people are going to buy it anyway. I feel like a lot of the sidelining only happens because he's currently just motivated to write about a different character.

It reminds me a lot of how Kojima handles the way he creates videogames. That guy's way of handling game development can change on a fucking whim because he saw a movie he liked last night and wants a cool thing he saw there to be implemented into the next MGS.
>>
>>148595859

Oh, right, I forgot the OP said that they would be improved if he was there.

Yeah, I don't know if they would have improved, but it definitely would've been nice to have him there and see his interactions with the situations and characters, at least.

I'd have said "imagine Leorio in the Chimera Ant situation", but Dark Continent seems like it'll be as heavy or even heavier than that arc, which will probably test Leorio's happy-go-lucky attitude, much like the Chimera Ant arc did to Gon, so I'm looking forward to that.

I agree with you that the characters have their own lives and goals and such and wouldn't always be together for every arc and such. It's just upsetting that Leorio was completely shafted after the first arc considering how fun and interesting he was.
>>
File: IMG_0339.jpg (113KB, 613x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0339.jpg
113KB, 613x533px
HxHfags are getting particularly unbearable lately. Not only are they vastly overrating the overall quality of their series, but now starting to shit on the one part of the story (Chimera Ant arc) that saves this generic battle shonen from being complete irredeemable shit.
>>
>>148594397
Freeza >>>>>>>>>>> Cell
>>
>>148596163
the chimera ant arc was the most generic fucking part of the show you retard. Felt totally out of place and ripped out of a different Anime/Manga.
>>
>>148595421
Only if you sympathise with him like you do, you edgelord. As an antagonist, he's bretty gud. Although they moved away from showing him this way by puting him in a lot of neutral situations around Hunter Election, as of Lost Continent he's gone back to the way he was in Hunter Exam.
>>
File: 324356476.png (536KB, 546x498px) Image search: [Google]
324356476.png
536KB, 546x498px
Gon and Killua should be doomed to irrelevancy for the next 2-3 arcs. I want Hisoka, Leorio, and Kurapika as new main characters.
>>
File: cute hisoka.jpg (72KB, 1081x942px) Image search: [Google]
cute hisoka.jpg
72KB, 1081x942px
this guy is supposed to be an "antagonist"
>>
File: Volume_01.jpg (99KB, 356x500px) Image search: [Google]
Volume_01.jpg
99KB, 356x500px
>>148594397
The Tokyo Ghoul manga is more refined than Hunter x Hunter in every way except elaboration upon side characters, and any deficit TG has, HxH has worse.
>>
>>148596525
>I have shit taste the post, the movie, the anime, the manga, the essay, the short story, the novel, the character study, the biography
>>
>>148596355
He is. He's a pedophile with an obsession for murder and no redeeming qualities.
I hate to cite TV tropes, but they actually have a pretty good explanation for shit like this; http://tvtropes .org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DracoInLeatherPants
>>
>>148596301
The fact that it deviates from everything else in this unoriginal pile of garbage is exactly why it isn't shit.

HxH threads need to be dubs spammed. They are bringing old age Naruto levels of stupidity to /a/.
>>
>>148596525
HxH may be Fujobait but at least it's classy about it.
This is straight up BL with vampire themes.
>>
>>148596602
>I cannot actually cite shit because I've only read one manga and know the other has an adaption that's popular with 9gag and is therefore intrinsically bad: the shitpost
>>
>>148596642
>pedophile

he's a powerphile. He doesn't give a shit about age, gender or appearance. He only cares about nen-power. That becomes blatantly clear when he instantly loses interest in Chrollo after his nen-restriction and actively contemplates murdering specific people just to anger someone who could potentially become more powerful due to that anger which fuels his power-boner.
>>
>>148596697
Read the manga faglord. And I think all the charecters looking like chinadolls is more of an aesthetic contrast to the chorruption and contortion of their forms while fighting or in anguish. Whenever charecters are at their most powerful, they look disgusting, with one exception.
>>
>>148596301
Yeah, it felt ripped out of an anime/manga that isn't as shitty as HxH.
>>
>>148596301
Fucking this, it's like fags forgot about over dramatic and dreadfully slow that entire arc because muh ending. CA arc was literally fags crying shit that could been avoided had they fucking vaporized the queen's hive instead of allowing for the king to be born.
>>
>>148596862
This. Nuke the fucking hive. There is a reason Chimera Ants are classified as a type-1 threat.
>>
>>148596828
It felt like reading the DBZ anime. Togashi needs to streamline and not elaborate upon details which serve no artistic purpose, IMO. To be fair he was probably just using the slow pace in order to procrastinate irl.
>>
>>148596988
Yeah, much easier to draw hallways and crying anime characters.
>>
File: 1472795750870.jpg (52KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
1472795750870.jpg
52KB, 540x360px
>>148596795
>Hisoka isn't a pedophile, he's pure sexually attracted to power
Why do people keep saying this when he openly leered at Gon and Killua's assess during greed island? He literally objectified two children when it had nothing to do with their fighting prowess. Just call a fucking spade a spade.
>>
File: 1459529887991.jpg (28KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
1459529887991.jpg
28KB, 500x411px
>>148596525
>>148596822
I used to think the same and I would agree if we were talking solely about part 1, but RE:'s recent plunge in quality sours my overall impressions of the series now.

TG isn't exactly perfect either, it has another flaw of its own other than cramping in too many insignificant side characters. This had started in RE, because now every single arc has to end in a big battle or "war" between the CCG and whatever Ghouls are the focus. I doubt we'll ever see Ishida change up the pace with something like the hostage situation at the end of YorkShin. HxH handles balancing its minor characters and resolving conflicts in ways other fighting than TG. But I'll be fair and wait until we see how the Black Whale arc is executed to confirmed it, since it's Togashi's most ambitious one yet.
>>
>>148597274
Fuck off Char
>>
>>148597153
I meant the art of storytelling, not pictoral arts, anon.
>>
>>148597320
Admitidly I stopped reading RE: after twisted hel stopped scanlating it. Anybody decent end up picking it up?
>>
>>148597274
So what? Their butts are not allowed to have a nen-aura?
>>
>>148596862
>>148596988
Absolute fucking retardation. The only reason /a/ has ever put the monotonous garbage that is HxH on a level higher than Nardo/FT/OP/Bleach is because of that one fucking arc which wasn't generic battle shonen, and subverted a ton of tropes common in the genre.

Unlike HxH fans though, the fans of all those other shows rightfully shit on their own series when it's appropriate and don't go around declaring their series' as masterpieces, but a bunch of unironically idiotic newfags have attached to HxH for all the wrong reasons, and now love all the shitty bland parts of HxH and think the CA arc is shit.
>>
>>148594397

>the chimera ant arc was garbage and 95% of it was annoying to watch

>the chimera ant arc has a couple of cool fights, like when Gon went HAM and when Nettero fought the boss ant

>phantom troupe arc was fine

>i liked leorio's character and did wish he had more screentime but not that big of a deal
>>
>>148597523
>the fans of all those other shows rightfully shit on their own series when it's appropriate
>OPfans
>>
I'm new to HxH and I just got done reading the Heaven's Tower arc. Right now I'm just going through some episodes of the '99 anime to see some stuff animated.

How'd you guys consume HxH?
Just read the manga?
Are any of the anime series really worth watching?
>>
>>148597428
Helvetia Scans is a much better alternative to Mangastream, that's all I can think of though.
>>
>>148594397
HxH is just a ripoff of the Mona Lisa.

Also you don't pronounce the x.
>>
>>148597523
>All HxHfags should like the parts I like
Fuck off with that group think shit, fags who hated the CA couldn't give a fuck less about 'subversion of troupes' when the majority of the arc fucking sucked.
>>
>>148598046
Yeah the anime is good, worth watching if you like the manga
>>
>>148597523
>because of that one fucking arc which wasn't generic battle shonen, and subverted a ton of tropes common in the genre.
It was pretty samey as any other shounen arc
>tedious and pointless battles
>Everything is overly explained
>Glacial pacing

Retarded hipsters label it as ingenious just because it had a couple twists.
>>
>>148595859
So what, the Chimera Ant arc can jump about all over the place like a schizophrenic crack-monkey, yet there's no room for "AND NOW WE NARATE WHAT LEORIO IS UP TO, THOUSANDS OF MILES AWAY, WITH AS LITTLE RELEVANCE TO WHAT YOU JUST SAW AS ANYTHING ELSE IN THIS DIRECTORIAL TRAINWRECK"?
>>
>>148594397
>shilled
What the fuck does this word even mean anymore?
>>
>>148597523
>Implying that based Yorknew isn't the best and least generic arc.

Also people shit on the early arcs of HxH all the time how are HxH fans any different from the others?
>>
>>148598046
Well the 2011 version is worth watching up to the chimera ant arc. Then you should probably just skip through the episodes or read asummarization until you reach the Election arc.

You will realize why people fucking despise the chimera ant arc when you reach it around episode 76 and it doesn't fucking stop until episode 136. It takes them SIXTY FUCKING EPISODES to go through the entire arc. They've went through Hunter exam, zoldyck arc, heaven's arena arc, phantom troupe arc and greed island arc in 76 episodes but it takes them almost as many episodes to get through the chimera ant arc alone.
>>
>>148598289
Reminder that the troupe was shoehorned into CA to show off their cool moves
>>
>>148594397
>Chimera ant arc is objectively best arc
>>
>>148599167
>poor man's Cell arc was the best arc

lol
>>
>148599221
that's some poor bait, vermin.
>>
>>148596525
Tokyo Ghoul's panel flow is garbage, it has worse pacing than Hunter x Hunter, and has far fewer interesting ideas and characters.
Your taste is objectively shit.
>>
Isn't HxH just a poor man's Naruto Shippuden?
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.