[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did he mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_2016-10-13-18-19-37.png (934KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-13-18-19-37.png
934KB, 1280x800px
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>148512164
It means don't make two fucking Overlord threads
>>
>>148512164

He is merely expressing his animal urge to reproduce, blissfully unaware that life is only what you make of it and has no inherent purpose.
>>
>>148512184
deep
>>
having never seen this, i can only answer from the life perspective.. All life has the sole purpose to reproduce and sustain its existence on the world.. so, as for the individual living being, it is incumbent upon them to replace their own life with new ones, or else they have 'failed' in life. There will be the claim that "others of their kind with make enough offspring that it no longer matters, and that claim is inherently false", but this is logically inaccurate.. It is a mere manifestation of their own inner desire to excuse and come to terms with their own inability to mate and reproduce in this modern life..
>>
>>148512164
>he
the hamster is a female
>>
>>148513052
We don't know what gender it is
>>
>>148513278
The LN revels that, Hamsuke is female
>>
>>148513278

Hamsuke is a female.
>>
>>148512720
>life has the sole purpose to reproduce and sustain its existence on the world
Life has no purpose. This is like saying the purpose of ice is to crystallize water molecules into solid shapes. The ice that melted didn't fail its God-given mission, it simply stopped being ice.
>>
>>148513370
Give me an exact chapter in case I forgot something. They speak in a gender neutral way. So unless I'm forgetting where they specifically state the gender, we still don't know.
>>
>>148513396
That's a very zen way of thinking about it.
>>
>>148513447
It's in Volume 8, give me a sec to find the exact chapter
>>
>>148513447

It's a one sentence passing remark in volume 7 or 8.
>>
>>148513447
found a couple
" Hamsuke launched forward as if she had been waiting for it."
"If she learned martial arts, Hamsuke would be able to wear full plate armour."
>>
>>148513473
It's the only way. Life is like a torrent of water following a riverbed. As it flows down some drops inevitably splash out and end up moistening the banks, the rest keep flowing down. It doesn't matter whether the river makes it to the sea or dries out before that.
>>
>>148513656
Ah see, that's what I'm talking about. Every time they talk about the hamster, it's always gender neutral. It doesn't translate well into english. It's up the the TL what he chooses.
>>
>>148513727
I mean, I could be talking out my ass too. I will believe whatever Nigel says.
>>
>>148513727

“—Huh?” Aura and Mare being surrounded by a large number of Hamsukes was cute, but it was different from what he had in mind. A hamster is a type of rat, and should be able to reproduce fast. It’s only right to spay or neuter your pets… I did think about breeding a certain number of them… Are there any males of the same breed?
>>
File: Overlord_EP07_083.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Overlord_EP07_083.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>148513396
You are confusing purpose with cause. The cause being in your example, how ice comes about. The hamster is describing apparent purpose instead of a imposed purpose like humans would give tools or in your example, purpose god could give something. So, in the case of the hamster, life has the apparent purpose of passing on genetic information. If the hamster does not produce offspring she will have failed in her apparent purpose dictated by the fact that she is alive. This is just basic teleology, it doesn't say anything very interesting about whether or not the hamster lived a good or meaningful life.
>>
>>148514110

Yet without a creator, life can have no inherent purpose. In this case, life carrying on its genetic legacy is no different from water turning to ice when it gets cold; it's just something that happens.
>>
/a/: giant hamsters and existentialism
>>
>>148512164
Really makes you think
>>
>>148513052
Well that explains it, only a woman would complain about something that stupid.
>>
File: Hamusuke.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Hamusuke.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>148514291
Inherent purpose is usually looked at as an inseparable element of whatever has said purpose, for example consciousness may have inherent purpose given that we experience meaning, pleasure, suffering etc.. through it. The kind of purpose a creator god could generate for its creations is sometimes called imposed purpose, which is the kind of purpose we communicate onto, for example, metal that we make into knives. The purpose is generated by whatever function the creator had for the creation and is dependent on the creator god and not the creation itself. The purpose generated by a god for its creations is separable from the creations, so is not inherent.
>>
It is an animal, their priorities are surviving and mating.
>>
>>148512164
This hamster is clearly incapable of exploring other avenues for self-actualization and fell into a standard that is expected of the members of her species. Having adhered herself to the will of the species rather than creating her own individual will, she can see no other achievement more valuable than producing offspring. Failing in this has the consequence that, in addition to failing the species, she fails her own ego because her concept of self is precisely limited to being a member of her species. The hamster's perceived failure "as a living creature" is merely an excuse stemming from her inability to find success in other aspects of life.
>>
>>148512164
Japanese propaganda to make japs fug and have babies
>>
File: 148412164.png (973KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
148412164.png
973KB, 1280x720px
>>148512164
What a majestic beast!
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.