[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>oh my god, oh my god, oh my god >holy smokes Why does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

>oh my god, oh my god, oh my god
>holy smokes

Why does every show this season have nothing but cancer subs?
>>
>>148489324
ok

so if you know enough japanese to know that it's """""wrong""""" then why does it bother you
>>
File: 1407979224423.jpg (17KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1407979224423.jpg
17KB, 225x225px
>>148489324
やあ、チンカス。僕の名前はペペ。地獄からの使者さ。
>>
>>148489361
This.

there are countless times where they say someones name in anime but the subs don't have the name so i just accept that whatever the subs say are close enough to send through a clear message.
>>
>>148489361
It bothers him because he is not a shit eating casual like you.
>>
Daiz has won. Fansubbing is long dead
>>
>>148489528
Why are you still an EOP then? Learn Japanese so you don't have to deal with bad subs.
>>
>>148489475
>there are countless times where they say someones name in anime but the subs don't have the name

I'm not that familiar with Japanese but isn't that because they say their name instead of "I" or "me" or something?

I'm pretty sure they refer to themselves in third person sometimes in Japanese so you'll hear them say their name.
>>
>>148489626
Its more common to address people by their names instead of something like you. Referring to yourself in the 3rd person is usually something childish or done by young girls to sound cute
>>
>>148489669
Yes, but what anon is saying is if you're not careful you miss that connotation. If a character does something like that it's a character trait.
>>
>>148489626
Yes. When someone refers to themselves in the third person good translators will keep it that way because it carries connotations that would otherwise be lost, but using other people's names instead of "you" or just leaving it implied is almost always changed because that's a normal way to talk in Japanese but would fuck with the flow of a normal English sentence.

If he'd seen more than 20 anime and didn't have a learning disorder then he'd understand that instead of blindly accepting what was handed to him.
>>
>>148489324
So why watch anime with subs
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.