[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people like this anime so much? I don't get it, it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: xamd-long2.jpg (139KB, 940x395px) Image search: [Google]
xamd-long2.jpg
139KB, 940x395px
Why do people like this anime so much? I don't get it, it wasn't bad but I guess I felt pretty disappointed since I've heard nothing but good things about it over the years

Not trying to be contrarian or impose my taste, which I don't consider particularly good, I'm just legitimately curious

Xamdfags please respond
>>
>>148464963
>people
>like this anime
Who are you taking about?
>>
>>148465010
to be honest I haven't been browsing /a/ nearly as often as I used to in the past couple years but I've only heard it mentioned as either an "underrated" series or just a good one, here and on other boards. I've also heard good things about it from people I know who watch anime
>>
>>148464963
People like it's opening.
They don't care mostly about the show itself
RIP sweet prince, I'll miss boom boom satellite
>>
>>148465354
yeah the OP was great

unfortunately it didn't really add to the hype of the show as I had already listened to it a lot long before I even started it
>>
Because

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7uGJrochaI
>>
>>148464963
It was a pretty cool universe with solid characters and backstory. The animation was excellent. The end sucked a bag of dicks which is really the only problem with it. It is a major problem, but plenty of other great anime have bad endings.
>>
>>148465172
>here
Doubt it.

>and on other boards.
Quite possible and should've given you hint.

Great start then it forgot what it wanted to do.
>>
>>148465485
just because /a/ is an ebin moe hugbox doesn't mean there aren't plenty of other faggots with different flavors of shit taste
>>
>>148465606
>ebin moe hugbox
Fuck off.
>>
The fact that it's a bones original clearly tells you the show is mediocre. Everyone that is somewhat into anime and doesn't have shit taste knows this simple truth.
>>
>>148465634
no

>>148465462
solid backstory is a bit of a stretch but I see what you mean
>>
>>148464963
People like the show?
I thought they only liked the openings.
Good night, sweet prince ;_;
>>
>>148465654
yeah Bungou Stray Dogs and BNHA sure are great
>>
I had a similar experience with Cowboy Bebop. People kept talking about it like it was larger than life and what I got was Scooby Doo in space.
>>
>>148464963
It wasn't great but I really enjoyed it for what it was.

The setting was interesting, it had really nice characters, the presentation in general was some of Bones' best, and the aesthetic was pretty unique.
Plus, Nakiami is a goddess.
>>
>>148465822
Are you trying to prove me right with that Concrete pic?
>>
>>148465654
But Eureka Seven, DtB and ConRevo are good
>>
>>148465822
BNHA was alright. Also, don't use ConRevo for shitposting
>>
>>148465917
s2 was a pretty disappointing follow up but it's still better than anything else that's aired recently

I'm pretty biased about it though

other than Ouran and FMAB and Skull-Man what are their original works that are """good"""

>>148466071
I disagree

only 2 out of the 13 eps were good/okay, the pacing was really awful. The humor was really cringe too and so were a lot of serious scenes.

I read the manga too so I was surprised at how much I disliked the anime, I guess I didn't pay enough attention or the nature of anime illuminated the manga's unpleasant qualities
>>
>>148464963
all I ever hear is "wasted potential"
and I can only confirm this
>>
Bones are great at making adaptions, probably the best studio at it currently. Though they only got to adapt one truly great source thus far.

>>148465984
Not really. They are decent at best if I'm being generous.

>>148466324
>other than Ouran and FMAB

They are both adaptations and great ones at that but if you're referring to the original content for FMA03 it's pants on head retarded as is the case a lot of the times with their originals. If a bones original doesn't trainwreck it can be considered a success.
>>
>>148466554
I meant to type non-original
>>
>>148466324
>Skull-Man
>good

The ED is great but the show is one of their worse ones. Maybe I needed to be more familiar with the creator's other works to enjoy it.

>>148465984
This. Also RahXephon and Space Dandy.
>>
>>148464963
>people tells you is great
>OP found it is not
>dissapointment

I would call it a reality check. Really, this series has good things but as a whole is pretty MEH. I oly remembered recently because someone post it and because It was advertized on the PS3.

Whow knows I'm not gonna wate my time trying to analyze what went wrong, but I think that all that advertizing and money thrown to it made many expect something great, when all we got was an "ok" series.

at least is not rahxephon
>>148465984
>eureka seven
>good

Geez. If i had to defend anything, maybe the backgrund story. Anything besides that was bad, specially the insane amounts of teen-semi-coming-of-age angsty drama.

I really dont know why I endured watching the stuff,
>>
>>148466941
Why didn't you like Skull-Man? The ending? I will admit the ending was pretty retarded (in the kind of way that I like though) but up until then it was fairly entertaining with nothing really controversial to ruin it. I mean I can understand it not being someone's favorite show, but it was cool.

Agree about RahXephon and Space Dandy though
>>
>>148464963
I mostly see people shit on this show to be honest. I am one of the few people who seem to like it. Personally i think it's a lot better than Eureka 7 which is pretty fucking over rated.
>>
>>148467034
>at least is not rahxephon
RahXephon isnt bad though
>>
>>148464963
>>148465675
>>148465606
>>148465172
Lurk the fuck more, retard. It's disliked.

>>148467034
RahXephon and E7 are both good anime and far better than Xam'd.
>>
>>148465172
Its known for starting well and the first half being good but just dropping the ball hard and falling apart in the second half. That and the OP was good.
>>
>>148464963
>>148465172
I have ONLY seen this show posted as an overrated show, it makes no fucking sense. You're like the 30th guy I've seen doing it.
>>
>>148464963
>people
>liking Xamd
I see that Bizarro fell into our dimension once again.
>>
Its one of those series that seems interesting at first and they keep foreshadowing and building up this big plot and then they end up just fucking around until they suddenly remember everything they need to get done and just dump it all at once in like the last 2 episodes and it ends up a senseless clusterfuck because of it.
>>
>>148464963
I don't know anyone who thinks it's good. I liked the first half of it for the brilliant world building, but after that it tried to tie too many different subplots together and failed horribly, the ending was a let down.

Nakiami is pure sex.
>>
The first half was great, second half was eh, ending ruined it all.
Fuck you BONES
>>
File: 1347877588823.jpg (176KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1347877588823.jpg
176KB, 1920x1080px
>>148472026
Nakimia is mai waifu.

And she's stuck in a shit show I'll never rewatch.
>>
I liked it. Biggest problem with it is it went nowhere with the characters and premise, so it ends being completely forgettable.
>>
>>148472080
She's also stuck in a shit room.
>>
>>148472265
Better than a chastity belt.
>>
>>148464963
>being on /a/
>expecting anything being called good or liked by this bunch of contrarian shitters
>>
>>148464963
I rewatch it every year
>>
>>148473594
>thread where people shit on your favorite anime

fuck you nerds, I loved Eureka 7, prob gonna start to rewatch it now too
>>
>>148464963
Because best OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7uGJrochaI

Aside from that it is a good show but not a great show and I wouldn't be too surprised if most people who have talked about it have actually seen it, much like how people talk about watching legend of the galactic heroes and neon genesis evangelion but will likely never watch the two.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPR9aCvnF-s

GOAT OST
>>
File: best girl.jpg (799KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
best girl.jpg
799KB, 1600x1000px
>>148464963
RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY

Glasses-kun had a manly suicide.
>>
File: Xamdou_00.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Xamdou_00.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>148474451
Did he ever

And on another note, I really love the way Xam'd handled people losing their fucking minds. They don't act manic or totally unnatural, it's like they have a completely alien thinking process for the most normal things. Like the input and output aren't logical but still somehow equivalent. It's really very subtle and a lesson other anime could learn from.

That's what makes this scene so good. He didn't die out of despair or fear, his mind was so taken over that this just seemed like a logical solution to the situation he was put in.
>>
LOL BONES-end
t'was shit
>>
>>148474701
Real talk. I wat'd pretty hard at that scene. I think I even paused it because I was so surprised at the sheer bluntness and suddenness of it. Very impressed, one of, if not my favorite scene from the entire series.
>>
>>148464963
Discount Eureka Seven with a Mononoke Hime ripoff heroine.

I kinda enjoyed it but I'd never recommend it to anyone.
>>
Giving the main character amnesia killed any momentum the show had up to that point.

Seriously, inserting an amnesia plot into the middle of your story is the WORST.
>>
Only saw Xam'd this year i can understand why some people don't like it at all, but I really enjoyed it.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.