[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>no retarded headtilts >background characters are actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

>no retarded headtilts
>background characters are actually drawn and not just a bunch of silhouettes
>actually has animation instead of pure slideshows

Wow. So SHAFT do actually know how to make an anime.
>>
It could barely be called a Shaft show.
>>
>>148457311
And that's good because SHAFT is retarded with their anime most of the time. Look at what they did with Nisekoi, they used the Monogatari style with it and it looks stupid as fuck.
>>
I really enjoyed the first episode, but why not experiment with the medium? That doesn't excuse inconsisten animation (or complete lack thereof), but I find shafts style a lot more exciting than just the usual stuff.
>>
>>148457311
That's a good thing.
>>
I didn't quite get what the first episode was trying to get across to me, can someone summarise please?
>>
>>148459766
Just because it works for Monogatari doesn't mean it works for other works you retard.

Sangatsu's pace needs to be like the manga, if you start putting headtilts and powerpoint shit you might as well just do anime original
>>
>>148457253
Sorry of i'm retarded but I never catch names right, Who's death was broadcasted? The old Guy Who he had the first match?
>>
>>148459766
I'm tired of their style.
>>
>>148457253
>SHAFT
I love KagePro but Mekakucity was a mistake. That was fucking horrible.
>>
>>148457311
The spoken sound effects are pretty much the same as in Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, so at least some of their habits carried over.
>>
Visually the show was great. Im just annoyed by the moe sections that seem to come out of nowhere and which do not fit the mood of the show.
>autistic guy is contemplating life and death
>3 cute girls scream for no reason and being cute
>autistic guy cries in his sleep
>more cute girls screaming
I mean really, what?
>>
>>148460225
Thanks to that show, I imagine a chorus of deadpan girls speaking the sound effects in all the manga I read.
>>
>>148457253
shaft is always great
>>
>>148457311
>Implying that is bad
If SHAFT can keep this up they might actually become a decent studio and I'm happy for that. The success of Monogatari and Madoka made them feel like they're such a special snowflake artsy studio and held them back.
>>
>>148460451
It's supposed to highlight the disparity between those two parts of his life.
>>
>>148457253
What's with the mouths though?
>>
>>148459766

How can you find Shaft's style interesting when they've recycled it for nearly a decade?

Whilst it looks visually pretty, it's often so disconnected from the events of the shows that it's very hard to care about what's going on most of the time.

For some shows it compliments the story well, for other's it's just overdoing it, and of course it's sometimes just absolutely cheap Gainax-tier corner cutting which really takes away the spectacle of it and you realise you're just watching a visual novel.

Plenty of anime combine grounded design with abstract visuals where necessary (Mob Psycho is the most recent example) and it flows more effectively.

In this case it's a relief to see Shaft go back to stuff that's a bit more normal because it only serves to make their interesting visual bits much more effective anyway.
>>
>>148457253
They only put effort when the source material is good.
>>
>>148457253
First episode was so Shaft. Not sure what you are talkimg.
>>
>>148461184
This.
>>
>>148461059
They are being consistent with the manga designs.
>>
>>148461312
Thought so, not a fan personally.
>>
File: mouth.jpg (221KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mouth.jpg
221KB, 1920x1080px
>>148461059
This was where they shouldve toned it down and make it look more normal, otherwise the mouths didnt bother me.
>>
File: 1370940660188.jpg (2MB, 1377x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1370940660188.jpg
2MB, 1377x2000px
>>148461348
I think it looks good on illustrations because it works with the traditional pencil sketch look Umino's style has but it will look a bit weird animated.
>>
Do I need to understand shogi to get this series?
>>
>>148462006
Not really, sometimes they get really technical about shogi for a few pages but it's not really the focus.
>>
>>148462006
It will increase your enjoyment of the manga tenfold.
But they will most likely skip everything shogi for the anime so it's just a character drama.
Which obviously doesn't require a knowledge of shogi.
>>
>>148462006
It's like chess except you can use the enemy units you destroyed.
>>
>>148462347
>But they will most likely skip everything shogi for the anime so it's just a character drama.

You're fucking retarded, the only reason NHK is doing this is because of shogi.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.