[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why/how is part 5 bad (or not bad)?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Volume_55.jpg (162KB, 669x1027px) Image search: [Google]
Volume_55.jpg
162KB, 669x1027px
Why/how is part 5 bad (or not bad)?
>>
Part 5 is fantastic, people only hate on it because it had shit translations for the longest time.
>>
It's not bad, it's just not as good as most other parts.
>>
>>148434121
Because not even the author knew what was the MC´s power.
>>
Because the internet says so
Jojo-fans are bandwagoners who can't form their own opinion
>>
>>148435431
this
>>
>>148435431
Yeah, I fucking hate the fandom
>>
>>148434121
It's the Part where Araki's lack of planning actually comes back to bite him. Writing out Fugo because he couldn't figure out how to write fights for his stand was a problem, but could have been fine. Having him just leave instead of betraying them, as was originally planned, because Araki wrote out the scenes and basically forgot to include that made it really bad.

The plot of the first half also makes no real sense. They're plotting to overthrow Diavolo after doing the job, but when they're attacked by people also plotting to kill Diavolo they still fight them. They basically spend the first half killing everyone who should be their ally.

Other than that it's not really bad. It has some good fights, and the gang is cool. The Clash and Talking Head fight is really good.
>>
>>148434121
Great fights and a Great crew. Giorno just seemed to fade away and I would have liked more time with Diovolo.
Basically the opposite of 6 in my opinion which had a great Jojo and villain but I felt the crew was weaker.
>>
It has barely anything to do with the main JoJo story and may as well be a spinoff.

Giorno is the son of Dio; which isn't even a major plot point for ffs! They throw in the arrow from part 4 just cuz. Koichi gets his ass beat and Polnareff ends up a cripple, a turtle and eventually dies.
>>
>>148434121
It's part 3 but worse.
>>
It's short, has a interesting plot and the best fights in the series. The main crew is fantastic and the villain, while not the best, is pretty cool (especially if we take Doppio into account)

All the main characters had great powers, Buccellati having a fucking incredible power, and they all felt balanced (Narancia's Aerosmith felt a little out of place but the radar was very important). The characters have a nice synergy between them, and the interactions are all cool (unlike part 2 and 3, where the characters don't even know each other that well)

The story itself is short even in the actual story itself. Breaking the fourth wall, we know part 5 is not long, but in the story itself, it takes a week from start to finish. It is a great tale about the son of Dio and him overcoming his shitty past and trying to be the bad guy to the bad guys, kind of like a justice bringer (which I thought was amazing). The artstyle is also pretty great, even if I think late part 7, mid part 4 and late part 3 look better

In general, Part 5 is my favorite JoJo part because it is very charming, and I think the people that hate it are speedreaders or memers. If you actually dislike it, it may have a reason but you have to agree it has incredible characters synergy, great stands and fight.

also i'm biased because Giorno quickly became my favorite character in fiction, his powers and reasons are all amazing for me, and his personality of "justice bringer", while doing evil things that not even Diavolo himself thought of doing, makes him a great protagonist
>>
>>148437738
>artstyle
late part 5, early 6 was the worst. Those fucking noses, man. Also the turn for the retarded when it came to character designs.

Some cool stands still, but man. Aesthetics is definitely not a reason I would ever pick for liking Part 5.
>>
>>148438113
Yeah, late part 5 and early-mid part 6 are horrible, I have to agree.

But, mid part 5 is very pretty in my opinion. Dunno, the anatomy was very "smooth"
>>
>>148438113
Fuck you, part 5 and 6 looked great, noses, designs and all.
>>
>>148435709
La Squadra wanted to get Trish to expose the boss and kill him, if I recall correctly, and once Bruno's gang realized Trish was an innocent target, they felt they had to protect her from them. She developed Spice Girl only after La Squadra was basically dealt with.

It was a big, possibly intentional "my enemies fight my other enemies" and wipe each other out game for Diavolo.
>>
File: 1468101871822.png (433KB, 546x704px) Image search: [Google]
1468101871822.png
433KB, 546x704px
>>148434121
I personally never liked Giorno. His desire to become the greatest gangster turned me off to part 5 so fast. Also how of all the parts after 3 this made the smallest impact on the others.

I honestly just skipped it and read everything else afterwards. No offense to anyone who like part 5.
>>
Part V has barely anything to with the main series and may as well be skipped.
>>
>>148434121
I don't like part 5 because it's feels like a rehashed Stardust Crusades. All of the characters remained virtually one dimensional with all of their character progression happening in brief flash back. I also felt that part 5 stand battles went stale to the point that every fight felt the same after a while. Lastly, part 5 feels like a spin off and could be skipped without zero consequence. It wasn't as enjoyable as some of the other arcs.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.