[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /a/'s serious opinion on Dragonball? The manga,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: buu.png (1MB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
buu.png
1MB, 1024x1536px
What is /a/'s serious opinion on Dragonball?

The manga, I mean. Not DBZ/DBGT/DBSuper/all those movies.
>>
It was good before Raditz showed up. After that it was a slow decline.
>>
>>148411797
How is it different from DB+Z?
>>
>>148411797
For a "simple" artstyle, it manages to carry lots of weight and power. It may seem simple and cliche now, but back then it was what made Shonen manga what it was today.
>>
>>148411797

The original DB is great. The saiyan saga is good, it should have ended there. The Freeza/Cell sagas are ok, and for some reason I really enjoy the Buu saga (after that whole "Gohan is the MC now" bullshit).

But honestly the series gets some hate because of the anime, which is sad, because its an easy manga to pick up and read on a binge.

Overall, I really like DB, think the Z stuff is alright.
>>
>>148411797
Unironically think it's a masterpiece
>>
>>148411797
Some of my favorite art ever.
>>
Great art and slice of life but incredibly boring fights, I ended up speeding through them because they're so long and repetitive.

Solid 6 or 7/10 though, would be better without the constant asspulls.
>>
>>148411797
Well it's hard to see it without the nostalgia lens but the original is honestly pretty good, for me personally it starts to get good when Goku becomes an adult, peaked on the Frieza fight and went downhill after Frieza. The rest of the series gets more boring and repetitive.

Without it shonen manga today would look very different.
>>
File: d6ay3f.gif (3MB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
d6ay3f.gif
3MB, 384x288px
>>148411797
Fantastic.
It has scifi, martial arts, and magic in various combinations.
monsters both classical and abstract (and dinos).
sexy girls, ruthless and goofy villains and quirky heroes.

While the fight choreography was superb, what it really had over Z and what Z really needed was adventure(aka exploring/meeting people)
The scenery sucked in Z too, take a look at the beautiful purple splotches of namek, take in the serene beauty of the canyons or just hang out in the sky over water.
DB was superb for the most part, Z was ok up till frieza dies and rapidly nosedives from there.
>>
>>148411797
From first martial art tournament to Freezer saga. It was awsome, then is was average.
>>
I liked the early part of Dragon Ball before the time skip. I could see how he waited post time skip to reveal the origin of the tail and the pod coming down, but everything past that was literally all the doing of his editors. You can clearly see the same model used up over and over with frieza, cell and buu. it was annoying and redundant.

it was probably better to crunch the outpace stuff prior to time skip to help end it sooner without the annoying asspulls and lack of creativity in storytelling and writing models.
>>
Is a shitty overwelmingly overrated manga/anime that only a retard can like if is older than 10. And the origin of many cancerous tropes. Anime would be much better if this shit never existed.
>>
File: tumblr_noeeqqtJLA1rvkwl5o2_1280.jpg (790KB, 1247x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_noeeqqtJLA1rvkwl5o2_1280.jpg
790KB, 1247x1920px
I like it, it's a shame the anime is the way most people know the series since art and pacing wise both the DB and DBZ anime pale in comparsion to the manga

Also high resolution scans of the full color release fucking when REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ; somebody release what I think are digital rips of the saiayn saga at an absurdly high res but I lost them and can't find it again now and don't know if they did more or how it was ripped; I think pic related is downscaled from it

>>148414573
nice bait
>>
>>148411797
I wouldn't know, reading is for nerds.
>>
>>148411797
A decent shonen, should have ended after freeza. 7/10
>>
>>148411797
I used to have all the chapters for Dragon Ball. Loved it. Nice puff puff
>>
File: 9.png (265KB, 865x1300px) Image search: [Google]
9.png
265KB, 865x1300px
>>148412919
>I ended up speeding through them because they're so long and repetitive.

Pretty much, yeah.
>Bad guy hits kid Goku hard
>Kid Goku eats dirt and lies there for a while
>Jumps back up, grins and goes "Eheee~!"
>Bad guy says WHAT?! HOW IS HE TAKING NO DAMAGE WHEN I HIT HIM SO HARD?
>Bad guy hits Goku harder
>Goku eats more dirt
>Goku gets up, Grins and goes "Eheee~!"
>WHAT?! HOW DID HE TAKE NO DAMAGE-
>Repeat x3
>Goku bops the guy and wins.

Just about every fight in Dragonball goes like this. Everything else was pretty great though. I especially love the background art.
>>
>>148414884
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.