[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so if Future Trunks went back in time and created a new future

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

File: dbsfuturetrunksreturn.jpg (73KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
dbsfuturetrunksreturn.jpg
73KB, 800x600px
so if Future Trunks went back in time and created a new future does that mean Future Trunks timeline is actually the original timeline and the regular DBZ timeline past the time he came back is actually the alternate timeline?
>>
Yes.
>>
No.
>>
Sort of, there's more than two timelines so it depends on how you look at it
>>
File: 05813213660.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
05813213660.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>148403436
Do you think if I went back in time and unsexed your mother that in this actual timeline I would still be reading your shitpost
>>
Distortion was created because of him, so in a sense hes the original timeline
>>
I've given up on trying to understand the timeline. I just watch for the adventure and action.
>>
>>148403436
Obviously. The only problem is cell because no matter how you look at it, his existence breaks some rules. The unseen timeline is magically near identical to the Future Trunks timeline. If Cell's time is the original, why didn't the time traveling cell show up in the FT timeline? If FT's timeline is the original, where was the time traveling cell in the unseen timeline that was near identical to FT's?
>>
>>148404912
Original Cell became active in the Future. He travels back in time and fights. But the test tube egg that becomes him is never dealt with so he is activated in the future again. But the second time around Trunks is powerful enough to kill him.
>>
>>148404912
maybe 17 and 18 in their rampage destroyed cell when he was in the computer still, or managed to defeat him together (not an imposible feat).
>>
What I wanna know is, why isn't Goku alive in Future Trunks time? Or is he? I don't watch Super.

Is that just writers choosing to treat it as an alternative unchangeable time?
>>
>>148405390
Because he can't be revived.
>>
>>148403436
Yes, but not exactly. The original timeline goes like this:
>Goku dies from space aids
>Androids kill almost everyone
>Trunks goes to the past to warn Goku (creating a second timeline), returns, then goes back to the day the Androids appear, manages to use the Androids' blueprints to deactivate them in that timeline, then returns to his own and does the same to his Androids
>Cell from his timeline finds him, kills him and steals the time machine, going even further into the past (creating a third timeline)
>as Trunks Prime couldn't have gone to this timeline (he went to the second one), another Future Trunks from another timeline is the one who appears
>>
>>148405390

He died of a heart virus. That is DBZ 101. You can't be revived when you die if natural causes.
>>
>>148405479
Oh right sacrificed himself against Cell. I was thinking about how they cured his heart disease.

How did he come back to life in DBZ/Super normal timeline? I don't remember. And in that case why isn't he alive in Future Trunks time?
>>
>>148405800
I mean because they cured him in the "past " he "never died."

But Cell explosion.
>>
>>148405898

When he died from the cell explosion he was revived by Old Kai. Old Kai had a technique that he could sacrificed his life to revive Goku.

https://youtu.be/Xm9KaJG1EnY
>>
>>148405818
>And in that case why isn't he alive in Future Trunks time?

Because there are no dragon balls and even if there were, he can't be revived by them because of death by natural cause.
>>
>>148403436
Use the catalog retard >>148401945
>>
>actual timeline
You must be 18 to browse this website.
>>
File: trunks.png (16KB, 853x312px) Image search: [Google]
trunks.png
16KB, 853x312px
dudes I give up
>>
>>148405898
>he "never died."
he still died

the point of dbz time travel is when you change the future, you create a new timeline for your post self. You still have to live your hell.
>>
Then what timeline is this?
>>
>>148406983
The one where Chi Chi gets blacked
>>
>>148405800
So why didn't someone just fucking kill him before he died of his heart disease
>>
>>148407210
He'd be revived with it, you idiot.
>>
>>148406983
Adult Chi-Chi is a bitch, but fuck that guy, she never deserved that.
>>
>>148403436
doesn't that mean he's been the real MC all along?
>>
>>148406983
Did black just kill some kids?
>>
File: 1459366686397.jpg (51KB, 685x432px) Image search: [Google]
1459366686397.jpg
51KB, 685x432px
>>148406983
>>148407231
she deserves worse
>>
File: 1474958922105.jpg (126KB, 829x639px) Image search: [Google]
1474958922105.jpg
126KB, 829x639px
>>148407231
Its okay, its already been mentioned in another thread that its a time loop that Beerus stopped when he killed Zamasu. I just wanted (You)s.
>>
File: help me.png (67KB, 2442x750px) Image search: [Google]
help me.png
67KB, 2442x750px
>>148406983
I gave up, man. Even beerus thinks this should be wrapped up already.

Those time-rings are fuckery.
>>
>>148408060
>main DBS timeline missing
Man this is all over the place now.
>>
>>148408139
This is why you should not time travel: you fuck things up
>>
>>148408139
Beerus killing Zamasu to stop the fractal recursion would be the one I left out.

Basically Zamas' inferiority complex is so great, that when he lost to Goku, he lost his pride and his mind so badly that it caused a time-loop where he is responsible for setting his own defeat into motion in more and more complex ways.

Beerus spared him from a Gold Experience Requiem fate.
>>
File: dbztimelines.png (145KB, 752x399px) Image search: [Google]
dbztimelines.png
145KB, 752x399px
Trunks' timeline is the original.

Timeline 2 is ours, since it was altered by Trunks.

Timeline 3 is the one our Cell came from, and the home to the Trunks that our Cell killed.

Timeline 4 is the one Timeline 3's Trunks went back to, and played out similarly to ours with a Cell Games and everything (albeit without Trunks), and Timeline 4 had a Cell that came from yet another timeline and so on.

The only Timelines we really care about are 1 (Future Trunks) and 2 (ours.)

As for Black's timeline, you know how Whis and Beerus had to confirm the act of Zamasu killing Gowasu? THAT'S the timeline Black came from (it splintered off of ours at that very moment.) What Beerus was saying with how the future with Black being nullified -was- technically true, as that timeline ceased to exist from that point onwards. The only reason Black still exists is because he has the Time Ring, and since he has memories of the now erased timeline what he has done already likely won't be undone from this point forward.

You could consider GT a splinter off of 2, and the movies/filler are also alternate timelines, but the timelines that matter in terms of numbering are the canon ones Cooler 1, Broly 1, Bojack and Wrath of the Dragon all can be fit into the main canon with pretty much zero issues. Super Android 13 happens in Timeline 4 with Timeline 3's Trunks before he goes back into his own timeline to be killed by Cell and have his Time machine stolen.

It's really not that hard.
>>
>>148403436
>Future Trunks

remember there was a Future Trunks B who kill the androids in the Future B but die to cell so cell can come back in main timeline to get them.

There is a Future timeline that has no Trunks to fix things..
>>
>>148403436
>>148404912
I think Cell's timeline is the original, with "our" F. Trunks' timeline being created by Cell:

Every time someone travels to "the past", they travel to an alternate timeline they created by changing events.

1st TL: Androids destroy world, F. Trunks travels to past, returns, kills 18 and 17, gets killed by Cell, Cell travels to past.
2nd TL [Created by F. Trunks travelling to past]: Androids are stopped with help of F. Trunks, Cell never shows up.
3rd TL [Created by Cell traveling to past]: This is the "main" TL, Cell killed by Gohan.
4th TL [Created alongside the 3rd TL due to F. Trunks being there, since the one from the 1st TL never met Cell in the past]: Androids destroy world, F. Trunks travels to past, returns, kills 18, 17, and Cell.
>>
Maybe.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.