[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who portrayed bullying better? Koe no Katachi or the Hinata arc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: No-bully.jpg (90KB, 446x898px) Image search: [Google]
No-bully.jpg
90KB, 446x898px
Who portrayed bullying better? Koe no Katachi or the Hinata arc in 3-gatsu no Lion?
>>
>>148376336
Onani master Kurosawa. Koe no Katachi was an entartaining read, but the portrayal of Shoko is really weak. She is basically an angel without a sigle fault, there is nothing to her other than being object of MC pussylust.
>>
Sangatsu goes into more depth and you get to see bits of the situation from every side. It also doesn't do the whole "they're sorry about it and we're friends now" thing. Bullies are still bitches, Hina still hates them, first bullied girl is still broken, etc.
>>
>>148376400
>She is basically an angel without a sigle fault
That's not true even a little bit.
>>
>>148376486
I like 3gatsu's bullying arc better since it's sharper as it's made by a veteran mangaka, it has more focus and is more condenced since it's only about 20 or so chapters. But they didn't present both sides at all. It was actually KnK who did that with the bully-er becoming the bullee, and one of the characters even got away with everything she did.

>>148376400
She's depressed, she thinks everything is her fault, she has low self-esteem which I think is the reason she develops sort of a Stockholm syndrome for MC.
>>
>>148376603
I don't think there is anything that suggests that she fell for him because of Stockholm syndrome. It's never played out in the manga in any way, she just jumps on his dick right away after he apologized to her, because she is such a little cutie angel. She even blames herself for it! What a sweetheart!
>>
>>148376839
There isn't much explaining for the characters actions going on in Koe no Katachi, so I'm just assuming it's something like Stockholm Syndrome, low self esteem could be at play as well, she would fall for anyone who showed her a bit of attention and respect at this point.

In Sangatsu you have the convenient MC mates and school teacher explaining everything to you, even other character motivations, so it is much clearer.
>>
>>148376549
>That's not true even a little bit.
(not him but) yes, she is. she is a idealized figure of a victim. there is not a single moment in the story that she acts in a more controversial way. see shinji, for example, he is a insecure motherfucker too, but he has thoughts of jealousy, anger (and enjoys girls in coma). this is not being perfect. same with ishida.

nishimiya is the stereotype of the cute and kind girl who suffers a lot. like hinata from naruto. be depressed does not make her flawed, but easier to care. this is melodrama, after all.
>>
>>148377936
>be depressed does not make her flawed, but easier to care. this is melodrama, after all.
If that's all you got out of it, then you're actually an idiot. Try reading the manga once more a bit slower and thinking about it. Hell, at one point it's even spelled out.
>>
>>148376603
>She's depressed, she thinks everything is her fault, she has low self-esteem which I think is the reason she develops sort of a Stockholm syndrome for MC.
no, it's not stockholm syndrome, because if that were the case, the author would have developed at some point. nishimiya is kind from beginning to end just for the sake of melodrama. cute, but unrealistic. real people are made of good and evil. nishimiya is only goodness.
>>
>>148378161
Attempting to commit suicide is cute? I've seen you make this argument a thousand times in every KnK thread. Nishimiya is the ideal mowblob victim, too good, no flaws, etc. Low self-esteem and depression is not a flaw according to you.
>>
>>148378272
>Low self-esteem and depression is not a flaw according to you.
Forget that, Ueno straight up calls her out and tells her that just apologizing and nodding along with everything doesn't make her nice, it makes her an asshole for not actually making the effort to tell people what she's thinking. How do people keep forgetting that? Playing the victim (granted, she was a victim for a while) and not actually putting any effort into your interactions with your friends or talking to them is insufferable.
>>
>>148378126
what I meant is that being depressed is a condition, not a character flaw. nishimiya is cute and kind all the fucking time. and why? because when she suffer for being depressed, the reader will cry.
>>
>>148378161

Being able to stand up to people that make you miserable requires some self-respect, Nishimiya has none. Her not being angry when people bully her is not "goodness", she's pathetic and that was the reason Shouya even bullied her in the first place, and part of the reason Ueno hates her guts.
>>
>>148378361
Because moe archetypes have turned character flaws into appeal points, and people forget that they are indeed flaws.
>>
>>148378396
This nigga gets it.
>>
>>148378272
she tries to commit suicide because she thinks she's a problem for others. SHE IS SO FUCKING KIND that cares about the well being of others even at the end. it is not like Hitler who killed himself because he did genocide. she did nothing. being too kind is her only "flaw".
>>148378361
her father abandoned her. since childhood people made fun of her and hurt her. ueno humiliated and beat her. playing the victim? SHE IS THE VICTIM. I repeat: an extremely idealized victim, but still a victim.

kawai is the one who play the victim.

I really hope you never find depressive people. because you would be a terrible friend.
>>
>>148376400
My man. OMK really hit hard. I was in the sideline watching as a kid, but man did I feel it reading it.
>>
>>148378627
I really hope your gross misinterpretation of the characters and (what is clearly) personal projection fools anyone into thinking for a second that you actually have any idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>148378396
>she's pathetic
so (an example) if someone was raped, and not being able to get over it. this is her fault and she should stop playing the victim. thank you.
>>
>>148378627
>she tries to commit suicide because she thinks she's a problem for others. SHE IS SO FUCKING KIND that cares about the well being of others even at the end.
I get what you're saying, but blaming herself for every bad thing that happens is the only way she knows how to cope with things. She just wants to belong and be loved, so she tries to be nice to everyone and believes she's getting bullied because she deserves it, that's how low self-esteem works. It would actually be out of character for her to start throwing tantrums and stand up to her bullies. No one ever treated her like a real person in the first place, not even her mom.
>>
Let's remember that the "rules" of here are different from Japan's rules. Here, suicide is considered a sin, in Japan many see suicide as a matter of honor. So think the girl wants to kill herself because she is bad or selfish, it's fucking wrong. She attempts to commit suicide because she wants to to redeem herself with others. She thinks she did something wrong, something that most of the victims always think.

But she still is not a realistic character because she does not have nuances. Her behavior is limited to two things: being kind and suffer. And that's it. We never see anything about her beyond that. Unlike Ishida, who is kind, suspicious, angry, fearful, immature, friendly and many other things depending on the situation. He is complex, Nishimiya is not. I think by creating her, the author wanted to create a symbol, a plot device, more than a real people.

I think by creating her, the author wanted to create a symbol, a plot device.
>>
>>148378627
She's a victim with a victim complex. It's a character flaw with a justified motivation, but while it's understandable that she doesn't ever try to improve herself, the fact remains that she never tries or even has the desire to improve herself. She just gives up and is practically dead long before the suicide scene.

Having a character flaw doesn't mean you're a bad person. She's not a bad person, and her victim complex doesn't justify all the terrible shit those kids did to her. But it's there, and you should acknowledge it.
>>
I like 3gatsu's the most just because she doesn't take that shit lying down. She isn't meek and helpless about the situation.
>>
>>148379187
She wasn't committing seppukku as an act of bushido, you idiot. Bullied characters killing themselves isn't a matter of honor in Japan any more than it is here.
>>
File: images (23).jpg (28KB, 319x461px) Image search: [Google]
images (23).jpg
28KB, 319x461px
LIFE
>>
>>148378834
>She just wants to belong and be loved, so she tries to be nice to everyone and believes she's getting bullied because she deserves it, that's how low self-esteem works.
you make it seem like she's like kawai who wants to be loved, praised and adored. no, nishimiya does not want to be a burden, that's why she treats everyone well. she is not pretending for selfish reasons, she's pretending to avoid fights.
>>
the girl falls in love with the bully in a matter of seconds. and there are people here who think she is realistic. oh dear...

if it was stockholm syndrome, it would be revealed at some point in the storytelling. she really loves the guys, she loves everyone. emotional manipulation people.
>>
>>148379664
She loves everyone but herself.
>>
>>148379880
exactly. and some people here think this is a character flaw.
>>
>>148376400
>She is basically an angel without a single fault

I came to hate her and realize that Ueno was right to bully the cripple. She's weak and disgusting, it came to a head when she tried to kill herself. Still say it should've ended with the dude dying.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.