[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Psyren

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: psyren.jpg (54KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
psyren.jpg
54KB, 300x450px
Has anyone here actually read this? I allways thought it was a fucking great manga, but I have never seen it discussed anywhere. If you have read it, what are your thoughts on it?
>>
reading it rn, the kids just showed up in the future. art quality is shit because i'm reading it on mangastream or some bs like that
>>
I read this a while ago. Thought it was pretty great you've inspired me to reread
>>
Garbage rip off of Gantz.
>>
File: 1442776803713.jpg (20KB, 300x191px) Image search: [Google]
1442776803713.jpg
20KB, 300x191px
>>148355729
>rip off of Gantz
>>
>>148354360
I reread this a month or two ago I liked, but it got very rushed towards the end.
Also I like the way the author innovated with the MC's power eventhough it was very basic.
>>
>>148354360
It wasn't terrible enough to drop but still enough to make me regret it
>>
>>148355784
Nigger, Gantz started in 2000, Psyren in 2007. And if you fail to see the extreme similarities between the two then you are simply autistic.
>>
>>148354360
Pretty great aside for the rushed ending. Ageha was a great MC.

Funny thing is I read this alongside Hoshi no Samidare and saw many things that resemblance each other.
>psychic
>evil bad guy
>girl who is the twin sister of the evil bad guy want to stop her brother, collect a team of psychics.
>>
>>148355913
Not the same guy, that is like saying every survival horror is a gantz ripoff.
>>
Really liked it. I read it after my brother urged me to, ended up liking it a ton more than I expected. I was quite sad when it got canned, but the ending is decent enough considering how obviously rushed it was.
Could have been a lot better if it was fleshed out more, but I guess the elevens never liked it. Ageha's power is one of my favorites in a battle manga, just love the way it looks.
>>
>>148354360
It's like Gantz 8/10 and then the last arc destroys it.
>>
Read it. Really enjoyed it. Might reread it someday.
>>
It was an enjoyable read.
Some good characters lose relevance the further the history goes and some anticipated fights are rushed and don't live up to the expectations.
All that makes it a regular shonen for me.
>>
I liked it, but you could tell the ending was rushed. Might reread it now, since I've forgotten a lot of details
>>
>>148354360
I enjoyed it more when it was about surviving and playing within the rules of the game, before they started breaking the rules and going behind the scenes to fuck shit up. Then the kids from the future became the focus and I started enjoying it even less.

Still decent overall I guess, it's basically Buso Renkin tier. Forgotten, never mainstream, not exceptional, but still worth reading if you want a decent battle shonen.
>>
>>148354360
It was great. The MC had a pretty interesting power and the author developed it ways that are fairly unusual for shonen series. I think he also did a really good job with the time travel elements.

It's a shame the series was so unpopular in Japan the author was forced to write out a shit ending in order to try and end the series early.
>>
>>148355819
It was rush because of the funding cuts, the monthly mag wanted to cut it because it was to "deep" during its time when all the other mangas were very geared towards kids not young adults
>>
>>148354360
I miss it so much
>>
I heard it got cancelled like mx0 and kiruko.

Like most series that underserved to get canned.

I'm sometimes glad a series gets canned for being garbage and stupid. The latest hat got canned with that demon girl deserved to get canned. That was garbage.
>>
>>148360555
Wait, wasn't this on Weekly Jump?
>>
File: Psyren_136_18-19_[MudaScans].png (553KB, 1790x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Psyren_136_18-19_[MudaScans].png
553KB, 1790x1300px
>>148354360
It's discussed with about average frequency.
>>
>>148354360
Started strong, ended weak, it was a true shonen
>>
>>148354360
I liked its use of time travel as a starter for ESP and post-apocalypse knowledge. Had a nice sci-fi feel to it.

>>148355221
The kids appearing alive in the future was the greatest. I never expected that change to ripple forward like that.
>>
>>148354360
never heard of it
what's it about?
>>
>>148360555
Why are you just lying like this? First off, the series ran in Weekly Shonen Jump. Not a monthly series.
Also, the series wasn't cancelled because of budjet cuts. What kind of fucking shit is that? Hell, the only reason why Psyren managed as long as it did, because Jump was having a notable hard time of finding very successful series between 2006-2010. Lots of series that didn't receive stellar reception in rankings or sales were allowed to survive simply because they didn't do as bad as other failed series put out at the same time.

The series was cancelled because it didn't do well in the rankings. Even from the beginning, the series was pretty much always in the lower half of the magazine. It's a wonder it survived as long as it did.

I really liked Psyren, and perhaps if it got an anime it would have gotten a neat boost, but that never happened and Iwashiro is probably done with Jump after having three failed serializations.
>>
I loved Psyren, especially towards the beginning and middle. The allies were always tenuous (too much stress on the kids, later...though that became good for the plot to show differences in their actions), the enemies became bizarrely more powerful and Granus was just cool.
>>
>>148362628
Most Jump series that get cancelled deserved to get cancelled. Do we really need to see 600 chapters of Takamagahara?
However, if there are any series that I really wish would have been more popular would be;

Kagamigami; same mangaka as Psyren. It wasn't brilliant, but it had a lot of charm, and it was leagues better than fucking Black Clover which was from the same bath of it

iShoujo; It did get to live on in Jump+, but it's a shame it was canceled in paper Jump. So goddamn good. Would love to see him come back to Paper Shonen Jump soon.

Illegal Rare; same mangaka as Nurahiyon no Mago. I feel a lot of people wrote it off as edgy just from its aesthetics, but it was actually a really funny, fun, adventure feeling series. Felt like it could have been a new Gintama or Beelzebub type of thing down the road.
>>
>>148354360
It's great, a pity it was another victim of Japan's shit taste.
End was rushed as hell, you can tell the author had many ideas he wanted to expand upon and was forced to close early.
Shounen well done.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.