[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some anime that you loved as a kid but realized were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: 120137.jpg (585KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
120137.jpg
585KB, 1680x1050px
What are some anime that you loved as a kid but realized were mediocre or bad upon re-watching it as an adult?
>>
>>148324357
Why do you keep creating rec threads?
>>
>>148324357
No anime is bad or mediocre.
>>
Bebop for sure. It seemed very deep and profound as a kid; but as a post grad and watching Watanabe's interviews; it's kinda stupid now. Space dandy is smarter, deeper and makes better sense now compared to that theatrical "masterpiece."
>>
>>148324379
what?
>>
>>148324427
except your favorite anime
>>
>>148324357

The correct answer is "All of them", anon.
>>
i thought bleach was alright in my late teens as it was airing

i tried to go back and watch it recently and couldn't stomach it at all. terrible writing.
>>
>>148324357
What really bothers me about CB is that every incompetent hack tries his hand at putting some random filters over CB screenshots and puts the result on the internet as new and exciting art.
>>
Trigun
>>
Pokemon - not awful but there's no way the anime will catch my interest nowdays. Apart from the animation, that is. Ash is way too much of a dumbass, and the repetitive plot doesn't help at all.

Naruto - thought it's awesome as fuck when I was a teen, and it used to be quite decent, but hoy fucking shit at some point I found myself hating it more with each passing week. Just fucking terrible.
>>
>>148324504
>Space Dandy is smarter
This is some bad bait
>>
Elfen lied
Jesus christ man, I have zero clue how I even watched it.
>>
It's only on a/ that people deny anything was ever good. It's a tradition here.
>>
Outlaw Star
>>
Neon Genesis Evangelion.
>>
>>148329652
I watched it when I was new to anime and even back then I knew it was shit. It was just way too fucking retarded, dropped it halfway.
>>
>>148324504
>It seemed very deep and profound
What the fuck?

CB was never trying to be "deep" or "profound," it was obviously just anachronistic pastiche. It was good for its style, atmosphere, sense of humor, and episodic storytelling. It was obviously superficial, but still excellent. The best way to describe it would probably be post-modern baroque.
>>
>>148324357
Musaigen no Phantom World
>>
>>148324357
Hellsing
Was literally the first anime I watched. Induces nothing but cringe now, just like all the vampire anime and pretty much vampire anything except D Bloodlust
>>
Black Lagoon for sure
>>
File: 1474592928058.jpg (86KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1474592928058.jpg
86KB, 500x500px
>>148330648
>black lagoon is over 10 years old

fuck me. i hate /a/
>>
>>148324357
Looking back, inuyasha was pretty terrible and I'm ashamed at my younger self for having watched most of the series
>>
if cowboy bebop is mediocre, what isn't? i can't stand seeing this word anymore
"boring, generic, trash, overrated, mediocre"
what's wrong with /a/ nowadays? it's like everyone is a superficial as fuck underaged faggot
>>
>>148324357
Re Zero.
>>
>>148324357
I don't re-watch anime.
>>
>>148330712
>inuyasha
I always realized I wasn't the target demographic for it but I had a weird respect for any series that manages to last longer than a hundred episodes. I didn't know how business worked in my youth.
>>
Gurren Lagann

Now I watch good shit like Kamen Rider and Goldran
>>
Air.
Or any Key anime. It used to give me feels, but I rewatched it yesterday for nostalgia and got tired of the "cute, retarded girl dies and you're supposed to be sad" formula.
>>
>>148331851
you will one day
>>
>>148330648
Fuck you too bud
>>
>people saying cowboy bebop is bad

it's not perfect but don't tell me it's mediocre trash compared to every single shit anime out there
>>
>>148332238
>Kamen Rider and Goldran
>good shit
>better than gurren lagann
Had a good chuckle.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.