[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this was actually surprisingly really fucking good. can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: pp.jpg (334KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
pp.jpg
334KB, 1600x900px
this was actually surprisingly really fucking good. can't believe i let it languish on my backlog for so long. unexpectedly cerebral (although a little self-indulgent at times) with really good characters who actually had measurable arcs -- really, one of the most believable set of characters i've seen in a while in anime. kou was a bit of a gary stu but he was sufficiently fleshed out that i didn't consider it unearned.

also, from everything i've heard season two is garbage. i should avoid it, right?
>>
>>148320258
Season 2 was pretty shit. So was the movie.

Go ahead and watch them if you want to get more of Psycho Pass, but the MC guy isn't even in the 2nd season. Don't get your hopes up because it really doesn't compare, and the new character is insufferable. 1st season I thought was good. Season 2 was entertaining at best.
>>
>>148320258
Yeah season 2 flopped in delivery for many things, if you have expectations of that season, it will tarnish the amount of enjoyment you gained from the 1st.

If you like the world and the characters themselves + pizza, it's still worth a watch.
>>
Does anyone know if they fixed the hostage cardboard cutout in the blurays?
>>
>>148320682
>>148320613
looks like i'll pass. i sincerely enjoyed the first season so i'll just go with headcanon
>>
>>148320258
First season were directed by Urobuchi, not the same for the second season
>>
>>148320258
Season 2 was written by a different guy who clearly didn't get the original, and as such ended up being one of the worst sequels in history. Watch the movie, it's quite good and also written by Urobuchi himself.
>>
>>148321183
more importantly, it looks like the script wasn't written by urobuchi for S2 either. maybe he just disavowed writing credits
>>
watching season 1 with /a/ was pretty fucking fun

...seeing the complete dropoff in threads and people watching it once season 2 came around was depressing

semi-related, but i tried to rewatch it, and it seemed a lot worse than i'd remembered, dialogue was not very good, more cliche/deus ex machina shit in the plot, etc
>>
>>148321298
i thought dialogue was actually pretty interesting. like stated in the OP, parts of it were pretty self-indulgent (pretentious, even) but there were some cool ideas tossed in every once in a while. it wasn't perfect but i was willing to turn off the part of my brain that hates everything that reaches for but doesn't quite achieve """"MUH INTELLECT"""" and it was really quite enjoyable
>>
File: Akane.jpg (470KB, 1280x1321px) Image search: [Google]
Akane.jpg
470KB, 1280x1321px
>>148320258
There were a few characters I wish they had more time to delve into, like Shuusei and Yayoi, but I quite enjoyed the arc that the rest of the cast followed.

I haven't even finished season 2. I don't know, a lot of the themes just kind of feel like watered down reiterations of the first season, but without the interesting dynamic that the old villains brought, and the conflict Akane had with Kogamine and Ginoza had with his father.
>>
File: Psycho_Pass Joji Saiga.png (3MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Psycho_Pass Joji Saiga.png
3MB, 1366x768px
>>148321427
I generally liked the time they made for introspective discussion in the first season, but I had to suspend a lot of disbelief listening to the old psychoanalyst talk about reading people.

Bullshit you can tell Akane has a solid relationship with her grandmother from a cursory conversation with her. You looked her up on facebook, fess up.
>>
File: 1449558644282.jpg (45KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1449558644282.jpg
45KB, 500x667px
Still need to watch the movie if I can ever get around to finishing season 2.
>>
File: Akane Tsunemori.gif (253KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
Akane Tsunemori.gif
253KB, 500x200px
>>148320613
The only thing I liked about season 2 was that Akane's character development generally held true. It was nice seeing her take charge from the get-go.
>>
File: psychopass.gif (535KB, 500x217px) Image search: [Google]
psychopass.gif
535KB, 500x217px
>>148323002
So does everyone have implants, or what?
>>
>>148322825
Just skip S2 and watch the movie. S2 is irrelevant anyway
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.