[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to Beet the Vandel Buster?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2662.png (238KB, 300x451px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2662.png
238KB, 300x451px
So back in 2006, Beet the Vandel Buster went on hiatus due to the author becoming ill. Back in December 2015 we learned that the manga would be continuing in April 2016. After researching a bit, I was only able to come across two new chapters, 48 and 49. Those were rom April and May I presume. After that though, I haven't been able to find anything else. I can't find any information on the rest of the chapters, whether they continued to release with no scanlations of whether it went on hiatus once again. Can somebody please tell me what's going on with this series? I feel like the world just forgot about the series after two new chapters and it's driving me insane.
>>
The author got some life threatening illness, there was a rumour he actually died, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
>>
>>148314430
He got sick again?
>>
>>148314344
Wait link to the chapters fucking where?
>>
>>148314344
Beet is now getting chapters every quarter I think. It's in Jump SQ. Crown currently and I believe we just got another chapter this issue.

>>148314804
https://bato.to/comic/_/comics/beet-the-vandel-buster-r18783
or you can go to Psylocke Scan's website and download them from there. They have no plans to continue translations though so start brushing up on moon

And the thread where an anon dumped the untranslated chapter 50 from the last issue is here
https://boards.fireden.net/a/thread/146019579/#146019579
>>
>>148315017
Which months are every quarter? It's been forever since I last read Beet, so was it always like that? How many pages per issue was it and is it now?
>>
>>148315157
January, April, July, October. It used to be 45~ every month, now it's every three months. The previous two issues had two chapters each for around 80-90 pages but it might go down to one chapter each issue, I won't know until I have this month's issue which is out next week. Regardless, Volume 13 is out next month.
>>
I just skimmed the July and august issues of Jump SQ. Did I miss something or did Beet come out in something different? I notice that the spring chapters came out in
>>
>>148315764
Beet is in Jump SQ Crown, it's not the same magazine.
>>
>>148316143
I'm retarded. I just told someone else that and then went with the first hits on nyaa which were Jump Square.
>>
So then what's the info in the two anime? What do they cover and why are there 2? One is 52 episodes and the other is 25.
>>
>>148315394
Any links to info in volume 13? I wonder if viz in America will either pick up where they left off or rerelease 1-12
>>
>>148318880
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4088808622
No real info other than a release date, unless something is announced in this month's SQ Crown next week (something probably will be).
Viz will probably just pick up from 13, all Japan did was release four big omnibus volumes in convenience stores for people to catch up and read the one chapter that was never put in a volume ten years ago. Those are generally really low quality so there's no reason for Viz to release them.
>>
>>148319048
Which wasn't put in a volume? Was it in the American volume? I can't imagine cuz just starting from 13 after 10 years. Any idea what companies tend to do once these situations? Viz doesn't even have beet on their app or even their site. I can see at the very least
Offering 1-12 digitally because why not?
>>
>>148319122
Viz, not cuz
>>
>>148319122
48 was never put in a volume because volume 12 had up to 47, then 48 was published in the magazine right before the hiatus started. As for digital, not even Japan had that until just recently. 1-12 were only released digitally a few months ago to celebrate the series coming back, Viz might do the same thing when they release 13.
>>
>>148319122
I can't imagine they would re-release a series that's over a decade old. Digital issues of 1-12 and maybe a chapter in their current magazine to drum up attention.

A physical release of 13 is what I hope for though. This is one of the few series I bothered to collect back in the day.
>>
>>148319225
Ah, this is actually really interesting. I'm curious how you know all this. I can't find any of this info anywhere. Do you live in Japan, anon?
>>
File: 2016-10-09+01.38.00.jpg (4MB, 2992x4000px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-09+01.38.00.jpg
4MB, 2992x4000px
>>148319279
I don't live in Japan, but I do buy Jump SQ every month along with SQ Crown when that's out so I read new Beet chapters. I just get info from magazines and occasionally Japanese Wikipedia when I need to know things, and I like to know random trivia about series.
>>
>>148319412
That's awesome! So I'm assuming you can read Japanese?

Also do you know the difference between the two beet anime?
>>
>>148319644
I can read Japanese, yes. Haven't seen either of the Beet anime, but I'd assume one is just a sequel to the other.
>>
>>148319691
Yeah it is but I'm not sure what events they cover. I wonder if together they reached where the hiatus started or if they went past it with their own ending in kind like the first full metal alchemist
>>
>>148319742
In mind*
>>
>>148319742
I'm pretty sure from what I remember (which isn't a lot since I dropped the anime) It went anime original pretty early on.
>>
>>148319829
Damn that kinda sucks. Was that the original or the sequel anime?
>>
>>148319985
I don't remember anon. I do remember seeing a lot of clips of anime original vandels years ago and looking at youtube it mostly seems to be excellion. Either way if you have so many questions about the anime just try out the first few episodes.
>>
>>148319742
About the second anime, it basically continues after they defeat that one berserker vandel, green something called.

They arrive at some island or something and have some new character join their Beet team, he has some kind of power up move.

Evvery episode fights kinda end like those Tokusatsu shows, basically they always need to use that power up move together with one of the Beet characters attacks to defeat the enemy.

What they fight though are just special monsters and not even Vandel...

The new character of course isnt in the original story.

Heck you can really ignore it, the whole second anime is filler, none of that is in the manga original.
>>
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-10-09/beet-the-vandel-buster-manga-baron-arc-ends-on-october-14/.107311
>>
>>148322745
Did someone from this thread just write this article?!
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.