[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I seriously don't understand how anyone could hate Kill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

File: 1445984462021.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1445984462021.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
I seriously don't understand how anyone could hate Kill La Kill. Is /a/ just trying to be cool and hate on a popular anime?
>>
>>148296820
People disagree with you, get over it.
>>
>>148296942
I want actual well thought out complaints.
>>
It was actually pretty mediocre, but was overhyped as fuck by its cancerous fanbase.
>>
>>148296820
I don't hate Kill la Kill, I just hate you.
>>
>>148297098
> great animation
> awesome character designs
> great and fun story
> nice fanservice
> fantastic music
>>
>>148297324
> great animation
> great and fun story
Not really.
>>
>>148297388
how is the animation bad? It's super quick and fun.

The story was so fucking ridiculous, it was great.
>>
>>148296820
I don't hate Kill la Kill, I just don't like it; it's not my thing.
>>
>>148297324
>great animation
>>
>>148296820
It was cringy as fuck.
>>
>>148297443
The animation was awful and the story was all over the place. Ryuuko didn't feel like she actually won any of her fights.
>>
>>148297509
how?
>>
>>148297521
what? What do you mean?
>>
>>148297509
>cringy

Fuck off newshit
>>
>>148297324
> great animation
No, it was by all means bad. Creative, sure, but they had a very limited budget and it very much shows.
>awesome character designs
That's subjective. But I'll give you that one.
> great and fun story
No. Fun, to some extent, but it was by no means great. It was not thought out in the slightest and they changed it halfway through because they thought people wouldn't like the original ending. It made no sense and was just plain dumb.
> nice fanservice
I did personally not care for it in the slightest.
>fantastic music
It was okay. OP2 was godlike though.

Seirously, I get that it's one of your first anime but make no mistake, KLK is pretty garbage. It was fun watching it with /a/ when it aired, but watching it now afterwards you quickly see what a shitshow it was.

I don't exactly hate KLK however. The fans are the worst, though.
>>
>>148297098

Aniplex sponsored show so what do you expect, hype is their lifeblood and a crucial part of how they market stuff. Even Kiznaiver for how trash it unsurprisingly was had quite a bit of hype too based around the characters that turned out shitty anyway.

Even still Kill la Kill was one of the last things they were involved in that I enjoyed to any degree but it was also the start of me really beginning to hate Sawano and his increasingly shitty sounding insert vocal tracks with mangled German and English that all the millenials go bonkers for just cause it's loud and "hype". It's just so bad and lame when the same fucking songs get played literally every scene a character shows up in so half the time you have these shrieking Kobayashi vocals going on in the background be it an action scene, a dialogue scene or whatever. I was actually skipping segments where Don't Lose Your Way was playing by the last 3rd or so of the show and I also think it's fucking retarded when people spend half their time discussing the shitty vocal tracks any time he scores a show. Fuck Sawano and his fans in general more than anything to do with Kill la Kill, they're the real cancer.
>>
>>148297324
>great animation
It really wasn't, not at all. Half the time was some ironic flash-looking shit.
> great and fun story
It's pretty much just a bunch of dumb bullshit, and no, just because it's silly and ridiculous doesn't automatically make it enjoyable.
>>
>>148297669
What was the original ending?
>>
>>148297669
>they changed it halfway through because they thought people wouldn't like the original ending
[citation needed]

I though it was just Imaishi being Imaishi and not being able to stick to a script/storyboard
>>
>>148296820
>Is /a/ just trying to be cool and hate on popular anime
I'm cool with Kill La Kill but fucking hate Fate Unlimited Blade Works, anon.
>>
>>148297676
>Aniplex guy and his Sawano hateboner vs. newfag OP
This'll be fun.
>>
Honestly if you just ignore the all around utterly wretched anime fanbase (there really are no tolerable ones left) or at the very least don't take anything it says at face value (most of them are braindead teenagers and shitposters now in Western communities anyway that just follow whatever is said to have hype by advertisers and loud fanboys) and watch what you like it's amazing how much more enjoyable some shit is. Just don't take their word for anything because they probably aren't saying anything of value anyway and just shitposting because they're rock stupid and big difference. It's how I'm able to still enjoy literally anything anime related again in 2016.
>>
>>148297852
Of course anon, I just wanted to see why people hated it and I seriously still don't understand it.
>>
It had exactly the same problems TTGL had.
Why would I watch this instead of rewatching the influences?
>>
>>148297915
>It had exactly the same problems TTGL had
You wot
>>
>>148297915
It actually had more problems than TTGL. In fact it did everything worse than TTGL.
>>
>>148297915
That's just plain wrong. KLK and TTGL have different issues.
>>148297798
If all he has to bitch about is Sawano, not really.
I'm not a fun but I thought his work in KLK was alright.
>>
>>148297798

If you actually listen to what I have to say it's really not all that far off from some of the comments the rest of the thread has for the show and even has some positive things to say about the show as well as reasons for why I disliked the soundtrack by the end.

Who am I kidding though shitpost away about Aniplex guy and be stupid and ignore the content of peoples posts like you always do cause you're obviously afraid to face it head on. See >>148297852 and why nobody should take the anime community seriously while they're at it.
>>
>>148297995
>If all he has to bitch about is Sawano
Wow, you really are new.
>>
>>148297990
No, it had better characters, dialogue, designs, and more consistent tone.
But worse animation and sometimes art, and worse music.
>>
>>148297990
>>148297995
>>148297981
TTGL is mainly shit for that reason alone, KLK is shit for a variety of reasons including that one.
>>
>>148298060
>better designs
No.
>>
seriously how could anyone hate gurren lagann, are you people just retarded?
>>
>>148298106
You could argue about the character design, but the mecha design in TTGL is abysmal. Even for a show with a light tone. Or are you gonna defend the banana mech?
>>
>>148297852
>just ignore the all around utterly wretched anime fanbase (there really are no tolerable ones left)
So why are you still here?
>>
>>148297897

A lot of it's probably just shitposting cause it got popular. It's really not that complicated nor should it have any extended bearing on how you or I feel about it. Newer anime fans really need to grow thicker skin one of these days but since most of them are just dumb teenagers now with demonstrable social problems who have probably never worked a day in their life nor dealt with real pressure and tough circumstances I'm not holding my breath.

People get so terminally butthurt about other peoples opinions on anime it's insane, particularly when there's much bigger fish to fry with this whole mediums troubles on the production side of things. It's like what other people think about anime and shitposting about it is far more important to them than the actual shows themselves and what they think about them when watching. Just sad.
>>
>>148298060
>KLK
>consistent tone
>>
>>148297324
>great animation
That's objectively wrong in the majority of episodes.
>great and fun story
Extremely subjective.
>>
>>148298209
>not liking the King Kittan
>>
>>148298248
>PEOPLE HATE IT JUST CAUSE IT'S POPULAR
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>148298249
Yes? The series has pretty much the same ratio of drama and comedy all the way through, save for a few episodes like 4. Even the last episode is full of jokes.
The change in tone between the beginning of TTLG and the final episodes is as jarring as it gets.
>>
>>148298209
> not liking king kittan
>>
>>148296820
I'd give it a solid 6, it wasn't bad, but also wasn't great.
Character development seemed a bit rushed to the point where it seemed like a snap decision.
The ending was rather last minute it seemed, just a "wam bam, buy the next series we make" type where everything just falls flat.
>>
>>148298209
>Or are you gonna defend the banana mech?
I think almost everyone likes King Kittan.
>>
>>148298407
I feel like so many people just jump on the bandwagon on this board and mimic what they see to shitpost. It's truly sad.
>>
File: 1475141864053.jpg (96KB, 723x680px) Image search: [Google]
1475141864053.jpg
96KB, 723x680px
>>148298209
>he didn't like King Kittan
>>
It was supposed to usher in a golden age of anime that would have lasted for thousands of years.

Trigger lied to us.
>>
>>148296820
Story was all over the place
Very little character development
Main Character is an empty shell. We never really understand her motivations for anything and she never grows on us

A comedy show that took itself way too seriously. If they wanted a serious show I think they should of made Satsuki the MC but started the show at her childhood. Satsuki and the gang just become the main focus of the show because they're the only characters developed.
>>
>>148296820
I loved it until the epilogue and OVA, thankfully they decided that shit haired Satsuki wasn't canon a while after.
>>
File: IMG_20160927_131001.jpg (152KB, 989x1067px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160927_131001.jpg
152KB, 989x1067px
>>148296820
Show fell apart at the halfway point senpai
>>
>>148297388
>>148297449
>>148297669
>>148298304

KLK definitely has better animation than most of the TV shit anime has been producing for years. I only now just realized their use of CGI in some scenes, because it is decently hidden.
>>
>>148300077
being better than shit doesn't mean its good
>>
>>148296983
Some people on /a/ despise beauty, so when they see a group of people really enjoying something great, they shitpost and link you to gayshit like free/yuri on ice to ruin your good time.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.