[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are nips so afraid of showing death in anime? Doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: kenshin2.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
kenshin2.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
Why are nips so afraid of showing death in anime?

Doesn't just happen in Shounen either, quite common in serious "manime" as well that there will be a last minute ass pull to save anyone important from actually dying.

This is why I stick to 4koma adaptions.
>>
File: 1474825260735.jpg (32KB, 479x492px) Image search: [Google]
1474825260735.jpg
32KB, 479x492px
>>148292128
Because nips are a dying breed, soon they'll be extinct.
>>
>>148292128
>a last minute ass pull to save anyone important from actually dying
>implying this is unique to anime
Have you just started experiencing media, anon? It's called plot armor, it's pretty common universally.
>>
>>148292128
>anyone important
The only important part of your post.
The first sentence is especially misleading because it's utter nonsense.

You don't thoughtlessly kill important characters in an ongoing story because it would mean losing those important characters.
>>
In both western and eastern media any person getting killed off-screen is not truly dead until the series has finished. A writer can always write some asspull on how he survived it, only when you see the head explode or the body ripped to pieces can you in any form speak of a permanent death.

What pisses me off more is that they refuse to kill. They are fighting a war and still the main character uses the flat of the blade to take out enemies. Or they shoot people in their foot. What I want to see for once is that in a battle harem anime the enemy screams they are going to kill the MC, the MC decides that hey, I dont have to hold back since they are willing to fucking murder me, and he lets loose and fucks someone up permanently.
>>
>>148293352
>the main character uses the flat of the blade to take out enemies.
Which doesn't work at all because swords aren't designed to be used for clubbing people.
>Or they shoot people in their foot.
Which is both stupid and potentially lethal.

Not that it matters.
>>
>>148293761
the intention is what bothers me. It makes sense in a lighthearted comic like lucky luke but if an anime or manga tries to write a serious plot that involves war dont pussy out. It is especially galling when they first show two groups of faceless fighters butcher eachother, and then the MC and co take out enemies bloodless.
>>
>>148294168
>the intention is what bothers me.
No, you see, if you have weaponry that with sufficient skill actually CAN disable people reliably and without risk of death then there would be no point in not going for it and it would be immoral to kill them instead.
The intent it noble. It's just that they lack the arsenal to do it.

There are situations where just disabling your enemies can be considered stupid, for example in the usual anime series with two teams of named characters that repeatedly clash, and for some reason everybody who loses during one round is back in action for the next round.
Taking out enemies for good in such a context is absolutely sensible.
>>
They're afraid that killing certain character might affect sales
>>
>>148294168
> if an anime or manga tries to write a serious plot
You just mentioned battle harems, nigger.
>>
>>148292128
Wait wait wait. Literally I'm completely understanding of your gripe but you posted a picture there of one of the best pieces of any form of media ever created by man and didn't declare pic unrelated. Why don't you and me just take this outside?
>>
>>148294966
those very often try to introduce a villainous elements ready to kill.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.