[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RE:Zero Reception

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

yo wtf is up with the reception of this show, it's either "dis show is terribad" or "Dis da bes show of da animay season"

Just finished watching it, felt like it had it's ups and downs, like some episodes sucked, some episodes were pretty great. episode 15 was great, and although the show slumped at times, got a bit tedious, but I felt like it redeemed itself enough for it to be good.

i'm just lost on how people think it's "da best" and people who think it's "godawful".
>>
File: 1475852429496.jpg (293KB, 1654x930px) Image search: [Google]
1475852429496.jpg
293KB, 1654x930px
i want a demon maid
>>
>>148262022
Kill yourself. There's other shows that are currently airing. Go shit on other shows and stigmatize that other than false-flagging. Fuck you. I repeat. Fuck you. End your miserable excuse of an existance.
>>
File: ay man is drammlr lert.png (447KB, 487x453px) Image search: [Google]
ay man is drammlr lert.png
447KB, 487x453px
>>148262385
what did he mean by this?
>>
That's just the process that any anime that gets really popular goes through on /a/.
>>
>>148262385
what the hell are you even talking about lmao
>>
>>148262022
>Dis da bes show of da animay season
Yeah, right
No one says that unironically. This shit is godawful
>>
>>148263988
A lot of people have actually told me that unironically.

I don't think it's godawful but i also don't think it's the worst show on the planet, That status goes to Guilty Crown.
>>
>>148264238
i also don't think it's the best*
>>
>>148262022

All the people that saw its awful are the ones that never watched it or only made it through the first episode, turned off by its very tropey style.

All the people who think its the best ever are 14 year olds that have only seen the entry level stuff.

Its prey gub, but its written like a visual novel adaptation. Subaru's breakdown is just weird and feels like its to include a lot of bad ends. Shocked as shit it turns out it isnt..

Also you're a fool if you dont go for blue meido.
>>
File: IMG_0256.png (80KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0256.png
80KB, 500x501px
>>148264238
You are the OP so obviously you'd say that. This is such an insanely obvious falseflag thread. Anybody who buys this shit is retarded.
>>
>>148262022
You're just describing the nature of /a/. On /a/ everything is either a masterpiece or a piece of shit. Re:Zero was clearly a decently entertaining ride, but it's not like I'm all hype for a S2 or anything.
>>
>>148262022
If characters die normies love the show for no reason and it becomes popular, however if it's popular hipsters start to hate on it. The end. Mind blowing, i know.
>>
I'm sure a lot went over your head if you thought it was tedious but then redeemed itself. It sounds like you watched it for fights instead of everything else, most people thought the last couple fights were actually the lowest point.
>>
>>148264900
I want to dispute this because I don't feel like characters dying should be a thing that's automatically edgy, but as much as I think about it, I can't think of an anime where character death doesn't attract normalfags.
>>
>>148265084
Yeah, the whale and sloth shit just went on too long. It wasn't that cool.
>>
>>148262022

That's just what dumb anime fans say about everything nowadays. It's not worth listening to and getting your impressions from the internet, it's all bullshit and memes.
>>
If the blue meido wins best series ever
If the dumbass half-elf wins it's just another shitty LN

The series can have as shit a story as it wants quite frankly, I just really like Rem
>>
>>148265137
It's true, people want to see characters "suffer" because it's cool and dark, even if it's skin deep.

What I don't understand is the point of the show. What is the message? What does Subaru really learn from this experience or grow as a character?
>>
>>148265298
He learned to believe in himself because a blue maid loves him unconditionally

Saying Toyota Honda doesn't develop is stupid, and his whole spiel in episode 18 was pretty spot on. All things considered, Mitsubishi is actually a very believable character apart from why he "loves" Emilia.
>>
>>148265298
He learns to be less of an arrogant asshole.

At the beginning of the show Subaru brazenly assumes that he knows how this world he's never been to before should work, and that his understanding of such things should be sufficient for dealing with the challenges this world faces. This also extends to all of the characters he interacts with, especially main girl. Eventually this arrogance results in him becoming the laughing stock of the kingdom, being repeatedly publicly shamed, and losing his lady love. His eventual redemption comes in the form of dying a bunch of times, and gradually learning how to respect and work with the forces of this world to achieve his goals, and also how to treat elf-tan as more than just a damsel in distress (though she's obviously just a damsel in distress).

Not saying it's a good or super interesting arc, but it's pretty obvious.
>>
>>148265646
I don't think the stuff with the elf is really that interesting or important, I think more interesting after he freaks out like a retard at her is how his new relationship with Rem develops and how they interact. So interesting in fact that I don't really think there's much of a point watching after she leaves except for seeing the ongoing plan completed.
>>
People who outright hate everything about it sees their pathetic mirror self in the parts when Sabura is being a pathetic little shit.

People who liked it sees their mirror self when Sabura matured and grew out of being a pathetic little shit.
>>
>>148262022
it's easy to get caught up in the hype of everything while something is airing I suppose.
I thought RE:Zero was the Evangelion of the isekai genre while it was airing but now that it's finished I feel like it was around a 7. Is still think it was really good but New Game ended up leaving a stronger impression on me a few weeks after I've finished both.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.