[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spice and Wolf at NYCC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1151.jpg (437KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1151.jpg
437KB, 1080x1920px
Completely awesome day at NYCC /a/.

This right here is the limited Spice and Wolf Anniversary Collector's Edition, containing all 17 volumes with all illustrations, signed by Isuna today with me and my fiance cosplaying as Lawrence and Holo.

Got to meet him, get his signature, and sit in on an interesting panel with him talking about the series.

We asked him two questions:

1.) What is horse's name?
A: "Oh...I guess you are right, I forgot to name the horse."

2.) There are many different official versions of Holo and Lawrence in artwork. Of the three versions: LN, Anime, and Manga, which do you feel best represents the way they appear to you?

A: (He said something about how it's really up to preference, and that he feels manga Holo's breasts are too big, but the way he draws her personality in the manga is more accurate to her character, compared to the others. She's meant to be a nostalgic character, but not meant to be sad all the time.

This cost $150 and it was completely worth it. Got one signed in our names, and another one in mint condition, signed to Holo and Lawrence. Going to sell that for a profit, not a huge one, will put it up for $300. Essentially, just enough to get the collector's for free after all is said and done.

Any pieces of merch or any questions you have about the panel and Isuna that I might be able to answer?
>>
>manga Holo's breasts are too big
No such thing, they are great... oh wait.
>>
Thread at >>148251401

I think I saw you guys on the Yen Press Twitter, awesome cosplay
>>
What numbers did you get? Also signed copies are going on Ebay for $800 right now, although fuck scalpers
>>
>>148260955
#200 on the one we got signed out to Holo and Lawrence.

Like 140~ something on the personal one we got to ourselves.

Definitely selling the Holo & Lawrence one. I'm not going to jew people though. Going to put it at $300, just barely enough to have gotten our copy for free. Scalpers for small cult following series like this can go to hell.
>>
>>148261377
>I'm scalping but fuck scalpers amirite
fuck off
>>
>>148261474
I don't consider $300 a scalp. $150 is for the book itself without a signature or anything else. I'm just increasing it to what I consider a fair value for that number and for the sign. It's also probably the only one with Holo and Lawrence written as the dedication.

Everyone will have a different opinion, but I could probably easily sell this one for $800 like the others. I'm no saint because of course I'm still trying to get a good deal, but I'm definitely not in it to shake someone down for everything they have.
>>
>>148261651
You purchased a second copy (stopping another fan at the con from getting one) in order to get your own copy for free. You don't consider that a scalp?
>>
>>148261810
This.
>>
>>148261810
Actually I purchased one copy, and my fiance purchased one as well.

I did not purchase two, basically I'm selling mine and we're sharing the other.
>>
>>148260372
>signed by Isuna today with me and my fiance cosplaying as Lawrence and Holo
Holy shit what a waste of sign, kill yourself nigger.
>>
File: FuckScalping1.png (3MB, 1170x2080px) Image search: [Google]
FuckScalping1.png
3MB, 1170x2080px
Okay so in the interest of being completely fair and transparent with all this, I'm gonna trip up. Please note, I am not taking information yet. I'm only going to sell this when I have the other copy in my hands. I'm just posting so people have enough advanced warning so everyone has a chance.

I ordered one off of Amazon but also was lucky enough to get one from the New York B&N, so I'll be selling the Amazon one at face value + shipping. I've said this before in previous threads, but now you have a name/number to associate it with. What I'm going to do is once I have both, I'll post in a thread like this and say something like "In an hour, I'm going to post again. Whoever responds first with an e-mail address will get the first shot at buying it" and what not. That seems to be the only fair way of doing this since a lot of anons got screwed over and I want as many people to be happy as possible.

This is the number I got.
>>
>>148262797
Is that the one you're selling or your personal copy?

If the former, maybe you should post a timestamp with it when you're ready to sell.
>>
File: FuckScalping2.png (2MB, 1170x2080px) Image search: [Google]
FuckScalping2.png
2MB, 1170x2080px
Also, for full disclosure, Amazon put the shittiest padding in the box, these little inflatable bag things, and they all fucking popped, so the book bounced around a bit. The biggest damage is the top corner, where it's wrinkled a little bit and there's some sort of shiny stuff on it. I don't think it looks too horrible, and it wasn't me that hamhanded it, but I just want people to be aware that this is on the book so no one is upset with what they get.

>>148262872

This is the one I am going to be selling. My personal copy has not shipped yet, which is why I am not selling it right this second. Like I said, I'm just trying to give people as much advanced warning to watch these threads. I'll be posting updates when I get more information.
>>
>>148262252
Well, if you each bought one without reailzing you'd have an extra, this anon here will let it slide.
>>
>>148260372
Stupid ass tripfag.
There is a thread up already.
>>
Is this a personal seller thread? Lmao
>>
>>148261651
As an experienced scalper of many a convention, that's a scalp. Selling for anything more than maybe a couple bucks is a scalp. This is a very highly contested item with a very low available number since it is signed. Yen press took 300 copies, roughly a seventh of the total available amount, with them to NYCC. A lot of people got fucked over by Amazon, or yen press, or both, myself included, and I had to get it from another vendor. Don't play a morals game because you're "only" selling it for double when others are selling for triple or quadruple.

Take pride or give zero fucks if you're going to do the deed
>>
>>148264593
Sorry, meant it was numbered (plus signed but that's a different matter) . They're releasing some unnumbered ones apparently.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.