[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yesterday at New York Comic Con, during their industry panel,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

Yesterday at New York Comic Con, during their industry panel, Crunchyroll announced a new collaboration with creator LeSean Thomas (Cannon Busters): Children of Ether. The project boasts an impressive staff, including character designer Hiroshi Shimizu (Michiko & Hatchin), storyboard director Shingo Natsume (One Punch Man), animation director Yƻichi Takahashi (Gatchaman Crowds Insight) and animator Mitsuo Iso (Dennou Coil). Thomas himself is directing the project.

>Children of Ether follows Rhonda, a woman with a dark past and a mysterious power, as she is pursued by an unknown assailant after the death of her father. Aided only by her wits and a pair of orphans, Rhonda journeys through a decaying, dystopian metropolis populated by raiders, gangs, and the supernatural. As she struggles to survive in this harsh urban tangle, she meets both friends and enemies, and searches for answers about this power, "The Ether", awakening within her.

BLACK PEOPLE SAVING ANIME, /pol/ BTFO
>>
>>148252023
It honestly looks pretty cool and it has Mitsuo Iso on it so its bound to be worthy of watching. Too bad /a/ will probably hate it regardless of how good it is because there is an african american directing the show. Even if everyone else working on it is a Japanese kind of like Tekkon Kinkreet. There will probably be a lot of /co/ shitposting about it too I am guessing. Does it say anywhere which studio is producing it?
>>
>>148252206
Yapika, a French/Japanese studio. They're also producing Mitsuo Iso's new pilot movie.
>>
>>148252206
Oh its Yapiko thats cool they are like Japanese/French right?
>>
>>148252301
Yeah I did some searching myself instead of waiting and noticed, that pirates thing looks neat too.
>>
>>148252023
not anime
>>>/co/
>>
So crunchyroll is going to try become the netflix of anime now? Funding shows with some of the most talented creators in the medium in order to make people want that show so much they choose to subscribe to them over any rivals?

This is really interesting for the anime market I must say. If it results in more varied content and experimentation with formats, budgets and quality of animation I have to say I am all for it.
>>
>>148252023
Also that fox squirrel hing on her shoulder is straight out of Nausicaa.
>>
>>148252023
Notanime.
>>
is the one with the helmet a boy or a girl? This is important.
>>
>>148252487
Trigger is two-timing them. LWA TV has Netflix money, Luluco and Kiznaiver had CR money.
>>
>>148253111
If its cute, fuck it. There is no gay.
>>
>>148253198

So it's a boy? That's exactly what I want.
>>
>>148252023
>LeSean Thomas (Cannon Busters)
That nigger has beeen talking about cannon busters since 15 years.
Did he finish it already?
>>
>>148252374
Looks like you are new to anime. Research the legendary Mitsuo Iso then come back to me.
>>
>LeSean Thomas
literally believes in we wuz kangz and WOKE full stop
>>
>>148252206
This is not /a/, so it doesn't belong here.
>>
>>148253822
Why isn't it /a/?
>>
>>148253874
Because it's not anime.
Now take this garbage over to /co/.
>>
>>148253942
Why isn't it anime?
>>
>>148253814
Now we anime.
>>
>It's another weeaboo /a/utism thread
>>
>>148254150
Learn how to sage, newfag.
>>
>>148253975
For something to be anime it has to be made by mainly Japanese creators and it has to be primarily aimed at Japanese audience.

Just because a cartoon has a 4 japanese guys working on it doesn't make it anime.
>>
>>148254209
Why would I want to sage this thread?
>>
>>148254189
>it's another /co/ trying to force their way into /a/ thread
>>
>>148253822
>Mitsuo Iso
>not /a/
Kill yourself immediately
>>
>>148253975
it had someone who isn't japanese or korean help make it. It's tainted.
>>
>>148254218
>it has to be primarily aimed at Japanese audience
Guess the second season of Big O isn't anime.
>>
>>148254276
Not /a/, fuck off to >>>/co/
>>
>>148254218
The animation studio is in Tokyo. Negro director will likely be the only gaijin working on the production. To me it seems no different than Tekkonkinkreet really. American director on a Japanese production. Things like Space Dandy and Big O have been made with a primarily foreign audience in mind and those are very much anime.
>>
>>148254273
It's another triggered pillow biter
>>
Can't wait to watch this niggerfest flop
>>
>>148254631
I'm not really sure how you will measure it a flop? It probably wont follow a standard production and distribution model I would think.
>>
Stealing Nausicaa's pet fox doesn't make you Niggazaki
>>
>>148254754

I think he hopes it'll bomb in its reception so it gets less exposure. I don't know how people make money off of Netflix though. The number and "quality" of advertisers who pay for time slots during your show? The number of people who choose to watch it? What about partial views?
>>
>>148254218
This is /a/.

>>148254276
Iso animating doesn't make it /a/. What makes it /a/ is that the studio behind the entire creative process (not just outsourced animation) is a Japanese-French collab. As the other guy said, it's the same shit as Tekkonkinkreet with a foreign director (except Arias had moved to Japan long before directing that, but that's sort of irrelevant).
>>
>>148256238
I always thought with the "originals" type thing the idea was that you wouldn't recoup the costs of the production directly but that have those high quality shows exclusively on your platform would attract more subscribers in the long run when they become must watch shows.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.