[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have got to keep your eyes on Anthy through the whole series.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: opening_anthy-smiling.gif (175KB, 702x477px) Image search: [Google]
opening_anthy-smiling.gif
175KB, 702x477px
You have got to keep your eyes on Anthy through the whole series. It's not a sudden twist ending. She does little things through the whole show to undercut everyone but especially Utena. She's craftier than lady Macbeth as a marvel super-villain and knows exactly how to hide in plain sight.
>>
She dindu nothing
>>
That's part of why I love her so much though.
The 'poison' scene where Anthy was testing Utena is one of my favorite scenes, because it was a direct blow to Anthy's shell and emotional core.
>>
>>148244970
I'll take you up on your advice anon. Though I noticed she wasn't necessarily on Utena's side I didn't pay much attention to her throughout the series.
>>
>>148245960

It's hard to catch but it seems like it's always there. Every time Anthy does something that seems clumsy or stupid or any time someone beats her in anything, any time she leaves the frame to do something just watch how it plays out for her.
>>
>>148246305
>we see silhouetted shiori
>she's holding a flower
>we see the same scene in color and without the silhouette
>the flower is orange
>shiori is shown handing the flower to juri
>utena and juri are talking by a window
>anthy notices utena and waves
>anthy is holding an orange flower
>after utena leaves, anthy appears and hands juri the orange flower
>>
>>148245124
OP has a point.

If you want an example of Anthy's manipulative nature that's easy to spot, watch the cowbell episode again. Notice how Anthy spends the entire episode knitting the red sweater. or how she named her pet cow "Nanami", implying that she intentionally arranged for the cowbell to end up in the wrong hands.
>>
>marvel super-villain
Please kill yourself.
>>
>>148246908

That was an easy trigger.
>>
>>148246894
All those Nanami episodes were actually Anthy secretly bullying Nanami. Also, Nanami moving into Akio's residence and walking in on Anthy and Akio were all part of her plan.
>>
>>148246894
The whole curry episode is a good example too.

Or when Nanami was hiding animals in her room.
>>
File: Utena doubles.png (281KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
Utena doubles.png
281KB, 650x488px
>>148247220

>JAN KEN PON!
>Nanami and Utena throw rock immediately
>Anthy comes in a second and a half late with a losing rock.
>"Oh, my. I lost."
>Sleeps with Akio later that night.

Sneaky motherfucker.
>>
>>148247840

Shit.

>Nanami and Utena throw paper immediately

Fixed.
>>
>Three glasses guys taking busts of Cesar wearing glasses up stairs.
>Nanami appears at the top of the stairs and starts yelling.
>Utena and Anthy are at the bottom of the stairs looking up, being yelled at.
>Anthy is eating a banana
>Nanami grabs the busts and is about to throw them at Utena but slips on a banana peel
>The busts break as Nanami falls
>Utena and Anthy are shocked.
>Akio appears and saves the day.
>Utena and Anthy are relieved and Anthy is now eating a banana again.

Crafty little bitch.
>>
Is anyone really surprised by it? Post Black Rose it's pretty clear she's not innocent and naive.

She's not a supervillain either though.
>>
>>148245608
>The 'poison' scene
What scene?
>>
>>148248297

Even before then you can see she's manipulating everyone. Just about from the start in fact.
>>
>>148247840
>>148248268
Why is she so perfect?
>>
File: future.png (369KB, 565x424px) Image search: [Google]
future.png
369KB, 565x424px
>>148248309
The one where they talk about the future, last arc if I remember correctly.
>>
>>148248606
Oh, I remember now. That was a really beautiful scene, but my favorite would still be the one where Anthy tries to jump off
>>
>>148248643
Those scenes are connected, really. Their talk is what drove Anthy to attempt suicide.
>>
>>148248490

Because the crew knew how to hide her misdeeds so they would look like animation/continuity errors.
>>
File: IMG_5388.png (405KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5388.png
405KB, 720x480px
truly the best girl.
>>
>>148244970
Dude fucking spoiler that shit
>>
>>148246953
>trigger

Stop being a faggot, anon.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.