[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So he was definitely gay, right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

So he was definitely gay, right?
>>
>>148188922
you did watch the whole show right?
>>
>>148190415
yeah, and he's indeed gay
>>
>>148190415
That part where he was licking tears had me kinda grossed out.

Also, I really dislike the sound of his VA. He's in everything, acting all different ages, but he just sounds boring.
>>
File: zura.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
zura.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
>>148190438
>not liking katsura's voice
>>
>>148188922
I hop so. Not because I'm fujotrash desperate for my ship to be canon, but because an unrequited love would make his and Sukeroku's back story and his current day haunting that much more poignant. It would add a lot of emotional weight and make the way things ended particularly ironic and tragic. And in all honestly, being gay really fits his personality- he was framed as the erotic, feminine one from the start with his geisha dancing and then his bawdy rakugo.

I think the mangaka, as a BL author, had it somewhere in the back of her mind influencing the character even if she never intended him to be canonically gay.
>>
File: miyokichi.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
miyokichi.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
so who is her true love?
>>
>>148190478
His normal voice is okay, but when he raises it, or tries to keep it low and neutral, but has to strain it (like in Rakuga) it just turns muddy and sounds really pretentious (not in a good way).
>>
File: bakemonogatari-le-cry.gif (2MB, 520x213px) Image search: [Google]
bakemonogatari-le-cry.gif
2MB, 520x213px
>>148190552
>watch the series because it seems different from a lot of recent stuff
>it is, have a good time
>introduce Miyo
>best girl
>suffering
>suffering literally all the time
>know she'll die eventually
>still suffering
>season ends
>still wake up with heart hurting because of her suffering

I just wanted to hug her and tell her its gonna be k ;_;
>>
File: 41888b8fea[1].jpg (54KB, 1065x728px) Image search: [Google]
41888b8fea[1].jpg
54KB, 1065x728px
>>148190432
yeah he's gay alright
>>
>>148190761
look at that homo

he doesn't even know how to kiss a lady
>>
Absolutely at least bi, no fucking way he wasnt into men.
The big death and the some of the melodrama was done a little poorly. A lot of the drama between Yakumo and Miyokichi. And I wish there was more focus on the present time instead of having the backstory arc take up like 12 episodes but S2 will probably fix that what with Konatsu having a baby and Yotarou already getting to start his career as a Shi'ichi or whatever its called. My favorite rakugo part is still probably when the new apprentice did that thief story, good stuff.
I also liked the voice acting a lot for Yotarou, Miyokichi, and Sukeroku. The others did a good job too, but those three in particular had nice voices.
>>
>>148190761
>doesn't kiss her on the lip
i bet he thinks that his lip is solely for sukeroku's
>>
>>148191164
I think so too but was probably just gay for Rakugo. It didn't help he tried to be a dancer and acted in that play as woman. Of course I could easily see him being with his first girlfriend without that slut ruining everything.
>>
>>148188922

The way I see it is that he almost literally fell in love with rakugo itself. And seeing Sukeroku as a superior rakugoka he had no choice but to admire him intensely to the point of seeming homoerotic.
>>
>>148190761
THIS TASTE... IS THE TASTE OF A LIAR
>>
>>148188922
I don't know. You're the one who should know more about gay stuff OP
>>
More autismal and passionate about his craft than gay, also didn't grow up with a strong fatherly influence so that didn't help.
>>
File: 059.jpg (2MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
059.jpg
2MB, 1936x2592px
That fucking nose swirl bothered me too much. Everytime I see that shit it completely takes me out of the show. Because it makes me want to try pick it off the screen in regardless how futile it is.
>>
>>148190627
I really like that in his voice. He kind sounds like an old lady, but somehow I like it.
>>
>was in multiple romantic relationships with women
>none with men
Definitely 100% homo.
>>
>>148188922

Absolutely. Also wasn't this supposed to have a second season by now?
>>
>>148191918
January.
>>
>>148190552
she was a good grill. She doesnt deserved living like a martyr
>>
>>148190672
>know she'll die eventually
Why?
>>
>>148192210
The title?
>>
Mangaka exclusively drew BL before this so yes
>>
>>148190415
f/a/gs like you tricked me into watching it.
>>
>>148191677

It is explicitly said that he never fucks.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.