[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are the OPs so lackluster for Jojo's this time around?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
Why are the OPs so lackluster for Jojo's this time around?
>>
>>148184977
because they stopped using the cool CG
>>
SDC S2 OP was mediocre as hell though
>>
I didnt like cg but I like the sound effect
>>
>>148185251
>I didnt like cg

How?
>>
>>148185348
He's autistic, don't mind him
>>
>>148184977
I didn't care much for the first two, but I'm really liking the newest one.
>>
>>148185251
>doesn't like the most vivid use of cgi ever put into anime

What?
>>
>>148184977
nigger Great Days and Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town are fucking great

Chase is alright
>>
>>148186131
>Chase is alright
You give it too much credit.
>>
>>148184977
I liked the first 2.
>>
All JoJo OP songs have had a certain feel to them that Chase simply doesn't have.

Mind you, Chase is an okay song, just not for a JoJo OP. The OP animation also feels lacklustre and uninspired.
>>
Do you just mean Chase? Great Days is great and Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town was good.
>>
>>148184977
in terms of no cg yes but all the OPs so far are better than the previous parts
>>
First OP was good, the other ones were kind of decieving; I really like the ED though
>>
I think the first OP was perfect for setting up the "bizarre town" scenario, then the second OP was perfect for the lurking threat of Kira. I might hate the new one.
>>
>>148185659
The only part 1-3 OP that made good use of the CG was Bloody Stream because it was used in moderation and added to the stylish unique look. All the other ones would look much better hand drawn. Part 3's OPs look especially janky. The only good things about them are the surprisingly smooth Ora Ora in Stand Proud and the Dio interruption in End of the World, otherwise they would be mediocre
>>
>>148184977
I'm more upset how the characters are never on model anymore. besides, Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town was really good
>>
>>148184977
So it's true then, you fuckers go against anything that's popular, right? Everyone's been loving Part 4 OPs, even Chase, which is the worst of them all, it's decent.
>>
>>148186131
This
Chase is worst intro tough
>>
>>148186131
>>148189082
I really enjoyed Chase. Felt like a good theme for a bunch of misfit kids trying to save their town form a serial killer. Would have made more sense for the final cour though.
>>
The new op ruins the atmosphere of the show
>>
>>148190068
Nigga, the new op captures the atmosphere of part 4 perfectly.
>>
But I like CHAYSUUUU
CHAYSUUUU
>>
I liked the beginning of CNBT but it kinda died off immediately after that, and Batta's Chase was pretty good in both the song and animation. but this 3rd OP is really out there, it feels like I'm watching a sitcom with how much the OP both shows but refrains from detailing. I guess it's because the overall atmosphere of this part is less intense in that it's not a race against time like the previous 3 parts, but rather a come-as-they-will deal that we don't feel the tension nearly as much. that, and no CG opening(s) for whatever budget bullshit lie they spewed.
>>148188007
personally Chase is my favorite, but that's because I love me some rock and Batta's pretty good, although sadly the full song is too damn short. still, I do wish we could get some more Bloody Stream-tier songs, I can only hope part 5 gets its CG openings and intense songs back.
>>
>>148190364
I feel like 5 has to because it's so much more intense. They're on basically a non-stop journey the entire time so I imagine it will be on par with the first Stardust Crusaders OP

I'm more bothered with how many different OP's we've gotten for 4. Considering it's length it does seem odd.
>>
>>148190364
if part 5 gets an "ntense" OP its going to be some QUEEN esque shit
I have a feeling part 5 is going to be funk, like OP 1 of part 4
>>
Part 5 better get some gloomy jazzy shit or something, since it's about mafias and shit.
>>
>>148190836
it's an OP per cour, and it's 3 cours so it makes sense, plus the series has had 2 major turning points so far (beating Red Hot and cornering Kira into changing his face and resetting the chase [I finally understand why they called the OP Chase now in writing this reply]) whereas there were only turning points in the story at the halfway point for part 3 and part 1/2 were too short to have them.
>>148189418
I most definitely agree that Chase should've been saved for last, but at the same time we needed set-up to know that things were going to get that intense and Chase was perfect for building up that hype, but now that the majority of the cast has been introduced we get the sitcom OP to remind us of everything. it's a weird thing, really -- can't have it here, can't have it there either, so just force it here or there and move on.
>>
>>148190966
It will be this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq2dZRx1NOE
>>
>>148184977
Go away jojo faggot.
>>
>>148191859
No
>>
>>148190889
I hope they use the OP for the song that Narancia dances do on the boat, it would be subtle enough to fit
>>
File: 1435460009526.jpg (320KB, 1220x1632px) Image search: [Google]
1435460009526.jpg
320KB, 1220x1632px
>>148184977
They can more than make up for it if they just use this for Vento Aureo's ED.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt4Jf7tQo18
Hell, I'd forgive everything if they caught that lightning bolt in a bottle.
>>
>>148186928

Which CNBT? There was like 3 different OP versions.

(of which only the middle one actually sync'd with the fucking animation on screen)
>>
CNBT and Great Days have really cool songs, but the 2D visuals just seem so lackluster compared to the CG openings, even the 2D parts in them. They just look like normal chapter animation over pretty backgrounds.

Chase is an OK song but the visuals are a bit better there so the end product ends up being pretty goo.d
>>
>>148185242
The song was boring, but the animation was great.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.