[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hear the creator drops everything and starts over from scratch.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

I hear the creator drops everything and starts over from scratch. Where does this happen?
>>
>>148142974
>This is relevant again
All i know about sao is that im actually looking forward to the movie.
Kill me sempai
>>
desperate bump....
>>
>>148142974
so what is the 4th arc about?
>>
>>148143399
dont know, just want to know the where the reboot happens
>>
Do you mean Sword Art Online: Progressive?
Or Alicization?
>>
>>148143633
progressive seems about right but i dont know about alicization
>>
>>148143751
Progressive is kind of like volume 2. Kawahara goes back to Aincrad and fills in a lot of the gaps.
Alicization is the arc after GGO and is probably the best written arc so far (until everything goes full retard).
>>
>>148143809
What about the sao vidya games are they any good?
>>
>>148143809
>until everything goes full retard
explain
>>
>>148143865
A bunch of people get administrator privileges and go around exploding mountain ranges and shit. But the first few volumes of Alicization are really quite good.

>>148143855
I haven't played them.
>>
>>148143855
when did non-canon media ever been good anyway?!
>>
File: asuna glopped.png (481KB, 1100x1026px) Image search: [Google]
asuna glopped.png
481KB, 1100x1026px
>>148143809
I kind of like Progressive. I think people would've hated SAO a little less if they just held off the anime for a while so they could adapt Progressive in the middle of the first arc. A lot of aincrad was filler anyway.
>>
>>148144055
I think it helps that he's improved his writing a lot since the beginning, as well.
>>
I agree. I give him credit for doing Progressive, even if its probably mostly financial motive more than integrity to the story.

He's basically going back and providing a mostly complete telling of the events in the Aincrad arc rather than skipping 20 floors at a time.

Once that's finished, you could ignore the entire abortion afterwards and might actually be able to call it a well written story after that.
>>
>>148144055
It also helps that it's drawn by Himura Kiseki too.
>>
>>148142974
>Reboot of SAO 2020
I am a time traveler from the future, and I have come to tell you about SAO 2.0.
They hire excorporate slaves from Blizzard as writers. SAO is much bigger then last time, and it actually is a true MMO.
Kirito that isn't a complete faggot Gary sue character, which is amazingly written and this new SAO will spawn hundreds of episodes. They will also be the first anime studio to successfuly use VR
>>
>>148142974
Yeah, it's called SAO Abridged.
>>
>>148143855
Yes, they're very fun and you'll be glad you spent a lot of time on them.
Well, for the first one, at least. I haven't played any of the other ones.
>>
Anyone else want more Alternative? It was about as good or better than volume 14, I'd say.
>>
>>148147296
There's already 5 volumes out for Alternative GGO, which should be enough for a 2-cour anime (going by how Vol 1-4 +8 makes up SAO1, and the fact that the GGO books are thicker than the SAO books)

I'm not sure when the next volume comes out though, if it even WILL come out.
There's already a new "SAO Alternative" series, written by a completely different author, that takes place in a completely different game.
>>
>>148142974
Alicization but he doesn't drop everything. Asuna and others still make appearances.

He doesn't jump around between games anymore once Alicization starts. Focusing entirely on UWO, which is far more fantasy oriented although it still has stats, skills and shit.
>>
>>148143917
I didn't like the first few volumes, the world building took forever. I liked when the plot actually advanced (by half of the academy arc) and they went full pvp on that shit.
>>
>>148142974
>>148148102
>UWO
Under... WOrld? Why not just... UW?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.