[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you like Akame ga Kill? Be honest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: akabikini.jpg (286KB, 1280x2118px) Image search: [Google]
akabikini.jpg
286KB, 1280x2118px
Did you like Akame ga Kill? Be honest
>>
>>148138881
It was fun to watch while airing and shitpost on /a/ about it. Other than that, I don't ever think I would watch it stand alone
>>
Omg yes
>>
Yes.
>>
>>148138881
It was shit but I enjoyed it.
>>
>>148138881
Yes.
>>
>>148138881
Kill yourself.
>>
>>148138881

It's kind of dragging itself along at this point but to be honest, yes.
>>
I like anime with cute girls. Akame ga Kill had cute girls, so I liked it.
>>
>>148138881
Yeah, sure. The final arc hasn't been really engaging or anything, but the art is decent enough so I still read it for the fights.
>>
>kills off mc
>kills off most of the cute girls
>>
>>148140524
>let the two blandest ones (Najenda, Akame) live in the shithole anime
Glad the manga is completely different.
>>
I like Akame. Not so much for the rest of her show.
>>
>>148138881
no it was horrible. so many writing and story errors, edgyness and overall wasted potential ruined it for me. who enjoyed it should watch some better shows first to compare.
>>
>>148138881
I like the girls. Almost everything else about it is terrible.
>>
>>148141971
>Akame
Who?
>>
>>148138881
The ending was garbage but I still liked it.
Don't fall for the "hate anything somewhat popular for patrician taste" meme. You'll miss out on a lot of fun shows and the only people you'll impress are trolls, youtube "anime critics", and bitter tryhards.
>>
I found the plot twist of the first episode entertaining, but that's about it. I was hoping every other episode could keep up with it.
>>
>>148143250
Yeah what a great start to something but then it slowly declined into whatever the fuck that ending was supposed to be. also they had to throw in some stupid love theme. This is why people dont watch anime.
>>
File: your taste.jpg (126KB, 700x910px) Image search: [Google]
your taste.jpg
126KB, 700x910px
Akame ga Kill is shit in a way carefully manufactured to sell to dribbling morons incapable of distinguishing cliche from archetype. I read the first volume and it was pathetically bad, but people who genuinely ought to know better have sworn up and down that the anime was actually genuinely good, so I made the mistake of giving it a shot.
They think it's some kind of extraordinary masterpiece made of shining gold when it's really just a poorly executed, schizophrenic mess of genres with horrible characterization. And it tries to go down the done-to-death HUMANS ARE EVIL road, but it forgets all about the word "subtle" and simply smacks you in the face with it.
The actual reason they like Akame ga Kill is because they haven't seen more than 5-10 shows and therefore have nothing to compare it to.
The author has clearly never met a shit fantasy comedy cliche he didn't love, and the anime carefully crammed every single one of them into the episode and a half I managed to survive. Fuck dumb protagonist? Check. Obnoxious airhead materialistic girl? Check. Exposition awkwardly passed off as conversation, half-assed world building, fuck awful comedy jokes, grating presentation.

tl;dr: It attracts the worst kind of pretentious, underaged, rebellious, pubescent faggots there are. I dare anyone to survive past the first few episodes, and if you actually fucking like it you need to do some serious soul searching and discover what makes you such a failure as a human being.
>>
>>148138881
I heard it was edgy shit so I gave it a try. First episode piqued my interest to continue it. It is an absolute mess. But I finished it. I did not hate it but there is nothing remarkable about it other than the lack of plot armor for characters which even if badly executed, is appreciated in this medium.

Essentially a bloody-battle harem anime that departs from the source material heavily. They do keep intact Esdeath being overpowered as hell though. I would not watch it again, but again I did not hate it.
>>
It was awful. I loved it.
>>
>>148143575
>>148143250
Fucking this. It had it's strong points but ended up becoming just another shounen gore fest "the empire is evil" clichĂȘ.

The way the force the Prime Minister to act as the bad guy is just sad. "Dude let's just make him to keep eating meat on the most gruesome way whenever he's on screen so our 14 year old edgy audience can see he's a bad person lol". They simply keep doing this over and over only to procede to draw him salivating as he smiles and thinks about being evil.

But if you enjoy it, good for you, I guess.
>>
File: 147536663151.png (121KB, 311x542px) Image search: [Google]
147536663151.png
121KB, 311x542px
>>148144177
>just another shounen gore fest "the empire is evil" clichĂȘ

Yeah exactly. Although it kept me interested enough until Chelsea's dead in anime and colosseum fight in manga.

The biggest issue I had with the story is Esdeath.
I mean her character doesn't make any sense.
She is supposed to be social Darwinist and yet she serves as direct underling to hedonistic fatass and clueless shota. She made some excuse about Budo being as strong as her but I don't see any reason why she wouldn't take the throne for herself.
>>
>>148144715
Oh, don't even get me started on her.

It's everything you said plus she's so overpowered to the point it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. It's not even fun.
>>
File: 1414715344546.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1414715344546.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>148138881
It was a 7/10 imo
too bad best girl (pic related) died
>>
File: 1448309280881.gif (786KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
1448309280881.gif
786KB, 500x347px
>>148138881
it had nice OST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwNCpWjal9o
>>
>>148138881
Incredibly mediocre with a terrible fanbase of retarded newfags.
>>
>>148138881
I liked the general idea.
They should have worked on balancing edge and slice of life so I cared a little bit more when they started losing members and their team slowly thinned as they lost members.
Grimgar handled loss better.
>>
File: 1447795363324.jpg (66KB, 453x679px) Image search: [Google]
1447795363324.jpg
66KB, 453x679px
>>148138881

If the anime ended without Bor's wife and daughtu getting killed on his grave by pedo clown than I'm happy that the anime ended that way.
>>
>>148138881
Yes it was an entertaining trainwreck.
>>
>>148138881
What the fuck is going on with the height of her left shoulder seperated by her hair, it looks like there's a massive difference between the two.
>>
>>148149228
That collarbone is a mess, how did I never notice this?

Also, this shit is currently airing on German TV and they call it Aka Mega-kill.
>>
>>148138881
No. Not even a little bit. I think I was most put off by the villains, oddly enough. I've never seen such a blatant case of people being villains simply to be villains. There was no complexity and no actual motive for the things they did, they were just the bad guys and nothing more. Just grated on me from what I remember.
>>
>>148138881
>>148149228
>>148149362
QUALITY
>>
>>148138881
Yes I do
>>
>>148138927
Pretty much this

I watched through it with a friend and it was a good time. I enjoyed the artstyle, the OST, the OPs where quite decent and the action scenes and powers where cool.

The ending was kinds shit and seemed rushed to me but I don't think I'd rewatch it for anything other than a little bit of nostalgia
>>
File: Akame Evo.jpg (431KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Akame Evo.jpg
431KB, 1920x1080px
>>148138881
Akame?
>>
>>148150373
Stupid Anon, everyone knows Chelsea was best
>>
>>148150984
Kill yourself.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.