[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: shot0014.jpg (30KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
shot0014.jpg
30KB, 720x540px
>74 episode series
>the main character doesn't develop in any way,

>Character shouts other character's name
>Gunshot then pan to sky
>Recap at the start of every episode
>Tenma points a gun at someone but doesn't shoot
>Someone gets shot but doesn't die

It started off pretty slow, but picked up quickly, the book donation scene dragged on for fucking ages, the final "showdown" was retarded and the ending was stupid.

That's pretty much it.
>>
shut the fuck up nigga
>>
>>148139053
He has a point
>>
Now there's a show that needs some surgery.
>>
>>148139053
I was expecting him to shoot Johan at the library, and become embroiled in the complex scheme Johan had already set in motion while he begins to question his ideals and how they apply to the world around him.

Instead I got "KILLING IS BAD" and then they just kind of left it there and danced around it for the rest of the show.
>>
TENMA!!!!!!

NINA!!!!!!

DEETER!!!!!!

NINA!!!

TENMA!!!

DEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

JOHAN!!!!

DEETER!!!

JJJJOOOOOOHHHHHHAAAAANNNNNN!
>>
>>148139120
But Grimmer killed a bunch of people and it really isn't portrayed as bad
>>
>>148140284
"Grimmer" only really ever killed people in the last few episodes and he was severely fucked up emotionally.

The whole concept off all human life being equal regardless of what they've done is the central theme of the show, and it's fairly consistent in that regard.

I honestly think that it's just poorly written, and that there are lots of inconsistencies but the overall message was definitely that you shouldn't kill people ever if they deserve it.
>>
>>148140484
My main gripe with the show is that if Tenma had shot Johan and Roberto in the library, dozens of lives would have been saved. I don't even understand what sort of message that is. I also don't think that people will just start shooting each other if they have guns, and I don't think someones first reaction to winning the lotto is to immediately expect everyone they know is going to kill them for the money.

There is hole after hole in this show, and the ending pisses me off. What reason does Johan have to stop killing people? If his raison d'etre is a "perfect suicide" he will have to kill Tenma, Nina, himeslf, and/or everyone else he comes in contact with afterwards. There was no indication that he had changed fundamentally by the end of the show, he didn't feel indebted to Tenma the first time he saved his life so why would anything change?
>>
>>148140484
>he was severely fucked up emotionally.

But that had absolutely nothing to do with the killing.

I agree that the central theme is consistent, what I disagree with is that the message is that it's always bad to kill.

Lets take the last Johann confrontation as an example:

Nina wanted to shoot Johann for revenge: the story says that this is bad

Tenma wanted to shoot Johann in a sense of duty for what he created: the story says that this is bad

The town drunk wanted to shoot Johann because he took the drunk's son hostage: the story says that this is a-ok
>>
>>148140661
>But that had absolutely nothing to do with the killing.
He felt anger for the first time in his life and went off the rails, the town drunk was drunk and his son was in danger, the drunk was also arrested, so definitely not "a-ok"
>>
>>148140784
>He felt anger for the first time in his life and went off the rails

The anger lead into the killing but was also started off by killing

Him regaining emotion and killing people is not portrayed in a negative light.

>the town drunk was drunk and his son was in danger, the drunk was also arrested, so definitely not "a-ok"

He was arrested on the pretense of gunning down the town and because he admitted to shooting Johann. The police were still determining what even happened. His psuedo-redemption is somewhat shown through his son trying to defend him.
>>
I want to fuck Nina so much.

Urusawa MC girls are so smart and womanly.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.