[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>character has fucking rad powers out the ass >WAHHHH I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 21

File: vlcsnap-2016-10-04-22h24m17s288.png (262KB, 640x386px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-10-04-22h24m17s288.png
262KB, 640x386px
>character has fucking rad powers out the ass
>WAHHHH I WANNA BE NORMAL NOOOOO
What the fuck? Maybe it's just me being lazy but I always assumed anyone else would also love to have special powers. Is this some Japanese thing, because I know they have this mentality that you're not supposed to stand out or some gay bullshit.

I just can't fucking sympathize with a character at all when they have that retarded mentality. For someone who wants an easy life, wouldn't you just be more glad of powers that would make it that much easier? I mean, it's definitely not like a normal life is fucking comfy or some shit. Normal lives are hard, boring, and short. You DUMB ASS.

I would kill to have powers, and I mean it too.
>>
Don't superpowers in anime usually come with the caveat of having to fight monsters with them? I think characters are usually pretty happy to have special powers otherwise, like in Natsuiro Kiseki.
>>
>>148134672
>Don't superpowers in anime usually come with the caveat of having to fight monsters with them?
Yeah but even then you'd think most people would enjoy the opportunity for excitement.

People living normal lives risk death all the time for fun, you'd think they'd have no problem going into a dangerous but potentially entertaining situation where they had powers designed to combat the risks involved.
>>
>vlc
>>
File: kagerou daze.png (327KB, 500x718px) Image search: [Google]
kagerou daze.png
327KB, 500x718px
If it's uncontrollable, it can lead to serious trouble.
>>
>>148135056
>
>>
>>148134543
I hate this so fucking much. Especially because they're all teenagers. What alternate universe do these writers live in? There is NOT a single teenager in the world who wants to stay normal. That's why boys like to read superhero comics and girls dream about being a pop star.

It's like all those stories about how a guy gets filthy rich one day, but the story tries to tell you how money won't buy happiness because he's not together with his old girlfriend anymore. Really? Most people in real world would get over and just find a hotter gf. You see that in real world all the time.
>>
>>148134672
To anyone who isn't a massive coward, fighting monsters is a bonus. After watching all those sentais or sailor moons and these kids wouldn't think the idea of fighting monsters to be heroic isn't the coolest thing to do?

Some shows usually have hidden downside to their new powers but unless it's some hilariously edgy show, most people would learn to deal with it anyway.
>>
>>148135682
Your post is pretty edgy itself.
>>
>>148135682
>To anyone who isn't a massive coward, fighting monsters is a bonus.
Are you 12 years old?
>>
>>148135762
>>148135801
>This is supposed to be our safe space!
>>
>>148134543
They've probably seen anime before so they know that that's all just a sign that they're going to get brutally maimed or emotionally scarred before much longer
>>
>>148134797
>you'd think most people would enjoy the opportunity for excitement.
That's because the purposely volunteered for the job. The majority of the time the powers were forced onto the person without their prior consent.

Risking your life for your own means but when forced into a conflict you don't want to be in, it becomes something different.

It's like saying that conscripts like to go to war or something.
>>
>>148136145
Understanding basic human psychology doesn't make us Tumblr SJWs
>>
>>148136524
Oh yeah? Well you sure sounds like a pretentious little shit, though. Also, basic human psychology, my ass. If you actually knew psychology, then immediately calling others 12 years old says more about you then me.
>>
>>148136624
That was the other anon. "Most people wouldn't be eager to fight monsters" is pretty obvious, though. If that makes someone a coward, there aren't many non-cowards.
>>
>>148134543
In cases where said powers inevitably lead to fights, it makes sense. Most people at say, Shinji's age, wouldn't want to get in the fucking robot when they saw what the Angels are capable of and what happened to Rei.

In cases where they just have the power and want to get rid of it anyway because normalcy, yeah that's really fucking stupid. As shitty as the shows themselves were, things like Inou Battle and Charlotte where the superpowered teens embraced their cool abilities had the right idea.
>>
File: 324563.png (690KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
324563.png
690KB, 1280x720px
>Can't tell or show anyone, because if you were caught you'd inevitably become a lab experiment
>Likely involves putting your life on the line on a regular basis
>All those battles and all other work with this side job would damage your usual life, IE how the fuck do characters like Ichigo ever even graduate highschool with all that missed school?
>You have superpowers that you cannot brag about, show anyone, or use freely, your life is repeatedly at risk, and it inevitably damages your life in unforseen ways when you always have to duck out to kill a demon or whatthefuckever

OP, it's really, really not that awesome.
>>
"I wake up in the morning. The white lace curtains sway in the breeze. The cuckoo clock in my room tells me it's seven o'clock. "If you sleep longer, you'll be late!" Mama cries out. I nod off thinking, "Just let me sleep three more minutes." I'm late, just like every other day. Teacher makes me stand in the hall. I fail another test. On the way home from school I eat crepes with my friends. A party dress decorating a show window catches my eye. Such little things delight my heart.. It's that.. that ordinary life I want back.. I want it back.
>>
>>148134543
Being special draws attention, and not everyone wants the attention in their life.
>>
>>148136673
Okay, so I thought you were the other guy.

Anyway, the scenarios we're talking about is usually some teenage kid who happens to be one of the few in the world who has the power to kill the monster. And it usually comes with an instructor who can provide a tutorial on the go. Why not take advantage of it? Sure, there's usually some catch, but if they sense that, then just prod about it and find out. The benefit usually out weighs the risk in most cases anyway.
>>
>>148136748
>Most people at say, Shinji's age, wouldn't want to get in the fucking robot

I don't agree with that at all. Most teenage boys at his age would actually jump at the chance. Especially because at that age, many kids are under misguided impression that they are invincible. This is why gangs manage to recruit so many teenagers.
>>
>>148137057
What advantage does say shooting laser beams give you in everyday society? Having powers usually means the power is only applicable for fighting and that's about it in most cases.

It doesn't get you a career, money, status, or any of the other things you need to be a functioning member of society.

What exactly is the benefit in this case? I risk my life to kill monster but get nothing much in return. Why the fuck couldn't it be the other poor sucker?

>>148137273
Most teenagers don't see the results of a warzone in front of their very eyes before recruitment.
>>
File: 106133.jpg (508KB, 970x868px) Image search: [Google]
106133.jpg
508KB, 970x868px
The pic is the exact moment I knew I was going to hate this show.
>>
File: 1470833256672.jpg (147KB, 750x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470833256672.jpg
147KB, 750x720px
>>148134543
OP, sounds like you need a lecture from pic related.
>>
>>148135762
His post isn't even close to edgy. At all. He said most people want to be a superhero. How fucked up does your sense of perspective have to be for you to read those 2 lines and think they're edgy.
>>
>>148137380
>OP should listen to a fraud hack who brainwashes his disciple into not using his powers as god intended
>>
>>148134797
firefights are a dangerous but potentially entertaining situation where you have powers designed to combat the risks involved, but if a NORMAL person was suddenly given a gun and an armed target, they wouldn't see it as an opportunity for excitement.
>>
>>148134543
You must still be very young if you can't imagine how much more stress and responsibility 'being better than others' means. It's like when you got a promotion at work. Wait to have lived 10 years more and see how badly wish you never got to that 'special' place responsible for your ulcers and drinking habits.
>>
>>148137402
The part where being scared about life or death battles against monsters makes you a coward is pretty edgy, yeah.
>>
The problem with the posts saying you have to fight the monsters ignores that you might have to deal with them even if you don't get powers.
>>
>>148137513
I suspect you use the word edgy significantly more often than is appropriate on this website. I know its probably one of your favorite buzzwords, but actively scrutinizing any statement you disagree with for "edgyness" is probably not the best way to go about making judgement calls.
>>
File: 1451373267878.png (129KB, 314x278px) Image search: [Google]
1451373267878.png
129KB, 314x278px
>>148135682
>To anyone who isn't a massive coward, fighting monsters is a bonus.
>>
>>148134543
Two things are at play here:
"With great power, comes great responsibility"

"The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence"

The more power you have, the more is expected of you. Stress is incredibly high for those in real power roles, as is their workload, as most are expected to do more than they should.

Which leads to the other: Peopel with power or who are in such power can envy those of us that have to just worry about the little things in our lives, mainly BECAUSE THEY ARE LITTLE AND INCONSEQUENTIAL to the stuff a person with power has to face.

Read the old Spider-man comics, and this becomes painfully clear that, yes, the powers are cool, but the responsibility can almost be more damaging mentally than the things normal people deal with, because we dont' have to always deal with life-and-death scenarios on a daily basis.

You must be young. When you get older, this will make a LOT more sense to you. It's one of the reasons kids can't wait to be adults, while adults wish they were kids again.
>>
>>148137624
Go have sex with that other angry anon already.
>>
>>148137716
>http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Weakness_Embodiment

FUCK
U
C
K
>>
File: Harem.jpg (237KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Harem.jpg
237KB, 1920x1080px
>>148137313
>What advantage does say shooting laser beams give you

For one thing, it can get you an harem as pic related has shown. That's a start. Besides, if you have unique power, then you don't need to be a member of normal society anymore. If you haven't noticed, the world provides great benefit to those who are uniquely gifted. At that point, you will be one of the elites that all the rest of the world will dream about for the rest of their lives. Even if you want simple life, just being one of that 1% will still get you better gigs than some desk jobs you would otherwise get stuck in.

The worst case scenario is that you still have to keep fighting some freak. But trust me, there are WAY worse gigs than that.
>>
>>148137716
>http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random
>Dimension Destruction

So basically, I just fuck up the monster's home dimension and use micro dimensional destruction to rend the fucker apart.

I'm in. Easiest fight in the book. I get to go to sleep, after.
>>
>"I don't want powers because I'm afraid I'm going to die!!" "it's a huge responsibility!!"
fucking christ I knew you guys were faggots but this shit is retarded, you would actually turn down the opportunity to live an extraordinary life just because you're scared to die while doing so?
>>
>>148137273
>Most teenage boys at his age would actually jump at the chance
I don't think so. From your perspective it might look cool as fuck but in universe that shit must look like a giant mechanical monster fighting some lovecraftian monster that could kill wipe humanity at any given moment.
Its like how war looks "cool" in most videogames but nobody who actually fought in one thinks that war is actually cool.
>>
>>148137445
Is that dimple talking?
>>
File: consider the following.png (334KB, 880x720px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.png
334KB, 880x720px
This is because normal people live lives in which they are happy.
>>
>>148137796
I'd turn down any sort of extraordinary life just so I could go back to a normal one. Being different and special is not all it's cracked up to be, as you're constantly expected to do shit for other people and have their expectations laid on you irregardless of what you feel on the matter, and get called a selfish prick when you don't follow through the way they expect you to.
>>
>>148137716
>http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Elemental_Breath
That sounds like an op power if you are actually witty.
A shame that I'm a dumb fag
>>
>>148137796
An extraordinary life that doesn't consist of much more than constant battles to the death

It's not like you win one fight and that's it, you have to keep fighting forever except for the 6-12 month break between story arcs
>>
>>148137445
Hypnosis punch
>>
>>148137796
Some people would rather not put their lives at stake. It's not their fault their values run differently than yours. If that was the case, we'd all be fucking firefighters and medics on the front line.

So fuck off. You want to go get yourself killed, go a head. IT's your perogative, and you should NOT be dictating your values onto anyone.

And before you call me a coward: Volunteer firefighter in my town before I moved to the city, so shut the fuck up.
>>
>>148137615
This is a very good point. In most anime or manga with these premises, those monsters will continue to hunt normal regardless you choose to fight or not. And if you don't accept the power, there's no guarantee that (you) won't be the next prey. Might as well take the chance and be the hunter.
>>
>>148137840
>normal people
youre in the wrong website
>>
>>148137796
I'm pretty happy being a shut-in loser with my cute girl cartoons.
>>
>>148134543
as a kid i often dreamed of having awesome powers and it was totally rad.
>>
>>148137840
>Normalfags
>Happy
Good one.
>>
File: 1293691354740.jpg (32KB, 312x346px) Image search: [Google]
1293691354740.jpg
32KB, 312x346px
>>148137909
It was just a theory.
>>
>>148137936
>normalfags aren't happy
>f/a/gs aren't happy
Who is happy these days?

>>148137796
I personally have nothing to live for but my puppers, and considering shonen plot usually places the world at stake by endgame, I'd probably go with it.

I can see why a lot of people don't want to, but reminder that there's a decent chance the world will be destroyed anyway if you don't help out.
>>
>>148137840
How can normal people be happy if waifus aren't real 4them
>>
>>148137716
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Boneless_Body
>The ability to have no bones.

Fuck
>>
>>148137977
>Who is happy these days?
Simpletons who don't care about the world.
>>
>>148137716
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Aura_Mimicry
>The user can change their Aura to match others. They can feel the emotions of others, while also copying any power they may hold.
So it's a generic special snowflake MC power. I'll be fine.
>>
>>148137996
No bones about it: I t makes it more justifiable that you don't have the spine to fight, at least...
>>
>>148137313
>Most teenagers don't see the results of a warzone in front of their very eyes before recruitment.

That was part of my point. They usually don't become aware of the potential danger until later, which makes those "oh no, but I just wanted to be normal" characters even less endearing. Besides, dealing with crisis is what strengthens the characters.
>>
>>148138050
Ignorance really is bliss I guess.

I guess maybe those Shaolin monk dudes up on their snowy temples might be happy.
>>
>>148138097
>They can feel the emotions of others, while also copying any power they may hold
>special snowflake MC
Nope. It's pretty much useless since most other people won't have a power. You'll only be able to feel other's emotions.
>>
>>148134543
Living a peaceful, long, happy non violent life is the most magnificent superpower you can have
>>
>>148137716
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Divine_Presence
So I'm literally King?
>>
>>148137840
But normal people aren't really that happy. That's why escapism is such big business.
>>
>>148138140
Nah, they got China being pricks to them.
>>
File: 1472191629962.jpg (76KB, 656x502px) Image search: [Google]
1472191629962.jpg
76KB, 656x502px
>>148137893
you're telling me that if you lived in a world where monsters attacked random civilians and caused chaos you would refuse to have superpowers to keep living your normal life? simply from a survival standpoint, that's just retarded
>>
See, here's the thing.

On fiction, the world will accommodate for the character with powers so that either having powers is a normal thing, you are protected by the government or some other entity or the rest of the world will simply be ignorant of your powers no matter what you do because of plot. Real life logic doesn't apply to it. You have literal plot-armor to use your powers as you will.

That's the kicker on real life, let's say a 100% functional Gundam drops on your backyard right now. I guarantee you it won't even be 10 minutes before the rest of the world learns about it and the government you belong to breaks your door puts you in confinement and goodbye Gundam forever. And without mentioning how other institutions will also want a piece of Gundam ass too which can end up on a even bigger mess afterwards.

That's why it's annoying to see it happening in anime, because all the stuff that happens IRL will never happen in it unless that's the point of the anime itself. Stop applying IRL logic and sense to places where the logic and common sense and pretty much all rules of how everything works are completely different.
>>
>>148134543
How does becoming a magical girl make your life easy anon?
>>
>>148138167
Anon, you will never become a little girl. Just accept it.
>>
>>148137716
>http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Hydra_Physiology
Who the fuck is the monster in this case? I literally become an almost unkillable multi-headed monster with extremely deadly poison.
>>
>>148138157
Just copy whatever the monster has as its power.
>>
>>148137716
>http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Portal_Creation

CRAWLING IN MY SKIN
>>
>>148138289
The monster is yourself.
>>
What's the problem? Nothing says you'll be targeted by fucking monsters if you suddenly gain powers. What's preventing you from using your powers for your own gain?

Even if some fags want to experiment on your ass, edgy as this might sound, you can just kill them.
>>
>>148138267
Depends of the powerset you get.

Being a cute girl will always be a net-positive no matter how much you try to twist it. Spreading your legs alone will likely give you more money than you'd earn with your current life working honestly from now on until you died.

And now imagine if your magical power is, Time Stop. How wouldn't that not make your life easy?

Imagine if you got Sakura's cards. You could literally rule the world from the shadows and no one would any wiser.
>>
>>148138357
>Even if some fags want to experiment on your ass, edgy as this might sound, you can just kill them.
And unless your power allows you to completely incinerate/dissolve/etc their corpse, you have to deal with a murder investigation. Unless you never use them it'd be impossible to keep abilities secret. And once one person knows, even if you kill them, it only draws more attention, and you're just postponing the inevitable.
>>
>>148138233
Living in a death world is a bit different than living in a normal world, or even a world where there are superpowers but you need to keep them secret for whatever reason. Death world you literally have no reason to refuse if you don't want to die like a bitch if/when your place of residence inevitably gets attacked.

Secret superpower world and normal world are worlds where it's beneficial to not draw any unneeded attention to yourself, lest your family/friends/loved ones/city get the shit stick from the villains or whoever just flat out wants to try to control your ass or give you a shitty day.

Most anons here are assuming a normal world setting, I believe, thus saying no to superpowers and shit is probably the smart choice.
>>
>>148138392
What inevitable? If no one else has powers, you're literally invincible. Though of course that depends on what your power is.

I mean, there's nothing stopping you from killing them stealthily, who the fuck is going to suspect it was done by a faggot with a superpower?
>>
>>148138272
I accept it and thank goodness

I'd rather be the waiter I am today however if I could make some more money to cover my expenses and avoid debt that would be great. I want to live a normal peaceful everyday life

I just want my finances stabilized. There's a lot I want really but that's kinda one of the top things
>>
>>148138261
See, you're confusing between having a power and some vehicle that ANYONE can use.

Even in this very real world, if the world is suddenly attacked by giant insects or something and only thing that can kill them is some rainbow beam that only you and may be half-dozen or so people in the world can do, then you can bet your ass that the government will give you everything you can possibly want for your cooperation.
>>
>>148138473
>being able to shoot fireballs or fly now lets you react to and dodge bullets
It's all about what powers you get lad. Most anime characters are way beyond a normal human physically, your average /a/non with a generic superpower won't be able to beat a small squadron of soldiers who know what they're up against.
>>
>>148138392
Murder is fucking easy to get away with.

Unless you go around HAHA LOOK AT ME I HAVE SUPERPOWERS and then the guy who was investigating you appears dead and the cause is something that's coincidentally enough something similar to your superpowers no one will think HMM, MAYBE THIS GUY WITH SUPERPOWERS KILLED HIM WITH HIS SUPERPOWERS.

It's like you fuckers are incapable of keeping a secret and of applying subtlety to your actions.
>>
>>148137716
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Organic_Manipulation
This feels more like a supervillain power, but this'll get me pretty far I guess.
>>
>>148134543
>WAHHHH I WANNA BE NORMAL

Both she and her father thought she was her mother reborn. Maybe she knew her mother was some sort of super-powered exorcist who died or disappeared on the job? Perhaps they moved to this new town to get away from the memories of her mother's death in battle?
>>
>>148138546
It was just one example of how IRL logic can fuck up with your having powers and make your life hell. It obviously all depends on the circumstances and the power you get. Either way, my point was more about how fictional characters are bitching about getting powers when the world literally bends around them for them to fuck around with their powers with nearly zero of the consequences that would be in the real world.
>>
>be genki bishoujo miko
>wants to be tokyo ikemen denshi kudasai
What the fuck? Maybe it's just me being lazy but I always assumed anyone else would also love to be a countryside tomboy that can make braids.
>>
File: 1437145656775.png (61KB, 194x194px) Image search: [Google]
1437145656775.png
61KB, 194x194px
>WAHHHH I WANNA BE NORMAL
That's just a way to make the character relatable for /a/
>>
>>148134543

Aren't you doing exactly that, anon? You were born with a great power. You might not be better than everyone else in the world, and you might not have some super unique power, but you certainly are pretty great. You could be using your power for good, making the world a better place to live in, but instead you're here on 4chan wasting your life away and hiding from your responsibilities. You're no better than they are. In fact you're worse, because they at least are willing to admit it to themselves.
>>
>>148138521
I'd like to become nanoha's ferret, that would be cool, not a magical girl but some sort of magical boy I guess

I don't see how I could embark on any sort of adventure in life right now but if I could stabilize my life that would be awesome

Life is nice although stabilizing it could make it nicer, peace is underappreciated but it's worth more than violence
>>
File: in better shape.png (270KB, 981x1400px) Image search: [Google]
in better shape.png
270KB, 981x1400px
>>148138570
Main characters can have villain-like powers too.
>>
>>148138385
But I don't want to be a magical girl (male)
>>
>>148138395
pretty much any superpower could be used for your benefit in day-to-day life, if you're scared of people knowing about it then just don't fucking use it in public, you'd have to have a pretty shitty imagination if you can't think of ways to use things like teleportation, invisibility or super strength to make your life easier
>>
>>148137909
I realize most of /a/ is probably normal people...have a good life strangers
>>
Life can be even shorter when the armies of the whole world decide to mass bomb a single little girl 'just in case'.
Now maybe you'd prefer to get dissected?
>>
>>148137754
I know I'm late but this post is dumb and you should feel ashamed
>>
>>148137716
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Humility_Empowerment

Basically, I have to be a (male) nun.

>>148138671
Y-you mean that all the times people have been complaining about "normalfags" they've been tsundere?
>>
>>148138890
>Not only am I late, I am retarded and I have no counter argument.
>>
Even if I had powers, I'd keep walking on the same side of the road, and I'd keep living a normal life. There's too much to risk if world governments and more or less lawful organizations lay eyes on you. Depending on how much potential damage my powers could cause, I'd even try to remove myself from my loved ones for a time. We don't need another Carrie.
Powers would be more of a burden than anything else, as I don't believe in removing evil either.
>>
>>148134543
Fuck no, who would want to wear hero suits and go around the country kicking criminals while in constant harm? I don't.
>>
>>148137716
>http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Sphinx_Physiology
Fucker you made me into a furry, IT WASN'T WORTH IT KILL ME NOW
>>
>>148139110
>>148139160
Then let me ask you this. Do you believe yourself would make an interesting MC in an anime? No, right?

That's the original point of the thread. People like you are boring. They always make the show boring. Japan should stop making characters like this. If they want to make a pacifist character, then great. Shove them into one of those SoL or CGDCT or whatever. But stop putting them in shows about action adventures.
>>
>>148134543
The Japanese have a conformist society. Being too different from the rest of the populace is seen as bad. They don't value uniqueness over there they value everything being the same.
>>
>>148139110
This is the correct answer

The only case where you should pursue the supernatural (?) path is if you could acquire new ones (magic), in which case you should go balls deep in research for the rest of your life - or lives if you're really good
>>
File: 1465931232680.jpg (203KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1465931232680.jpg
203KB, 1440x810px
>>148138924
>Y-you mean that all the times people have been complaining about "normalfags" they've been tsundere
Of course. What else would you expect from a board full of dick starved little girls?
>>
>>148139110
>>148139344
It amazes me how there's people so inept at you that you are unable to abuse your newfound power in a subtle way that wouldn't attract attention in the slightest. Moreso, you also seem incapable to keep a secret. You all talk as if everyone and their mom would know about your secret power from the get-go. Is not being a braggart physically impossible for you people or what?
>>
>>148139299
That's not the point of the thread at all
Its about OP bitching "why don't people think like me?"
>>
>>148139303
No, they value group effort, it's very different. And you can't do that when everyone wants to attract attention on themselves.
>>
>>148139392
Can't exactly hide flight or shooting fireballs without one day being caught
And not everyone is an asshole that would abuse them at the expense of other people
>>
>>148135682
>To anyone who isn't a massive coward
Aka. any normal person with functional common sense.
>>
File: gantz-pop.jpg (56KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
gantz-pop.jpg
56KB, 720x480px
>>148139299
It's an extreme scenario, but I'm curious. Would you be interested in being drafted by Gantz? To anyone in this thread, how would you react to such a scenario? Would you "enjoy the opportunity for excitement" as OP suggested, or respond with mind numbing horror?
>>
>>148139110
>>148139563
These. A quiet life is the best life.

>>148139299
Christ you're a nigger. Being an interesting MC is totally besides the fucking point, and it seems that most of us here have matured past the juvenile power fantasy stage at least somewhat, unlike you. Besides, I've had enough "excitement" in my relatively short life thus far to go looking for more on my own.
>>
>>148137716
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Class_System

I AM THE BONE OF MY SWORD
>>
>>148135682
>>148135570
>>148134543
Gaining powers often means you're going to have to fight something. You might get hurt, the people you love might get hurt - But you won't be normal anymore. You will be able to be special like you always wished to, no matter the cost.

Rejoice, Anon. Your wish will finally come true.
>>
>>148139631
Life is full of risks. The cream of the crop rises to the top because it chose to overcome the risk and reap the reward. The bottom of the barrel chose to run from it and kept telling itself "it was a common sense, I swear".

You can keep telling yourself that you made the right choice. But as you keep looking at the bottom of that barrel, that "common sense" will slowly change into regret.
>>
>>148139849
worth
>>
>>148139888
Fucking niggers. Go drug deal then, heard it's easy money. Maybe rob a bank some day
>>
>>148139741
> matured past the juvenile power fantasy stage

No you haven't. You're just running away. Everything you said in a post suggest that you have given up and quit whatever trial you faced. If you want to be a walking vegetable, than go ahead. Be where you are and rot.

The actual grown ups have tasks to complete.
>>
>>148140040
>Everything you said in a post suggest that you have given up and quit whatever trial you faced.
Damn, that's some nice projection there anon, how hard was it to get it to such a high quality?
>>
>>148139960
>Striving to achieve higher goals for yourself means drug dealing and robbing bank.

Fucking hilarious. Go vegetate all you want. You probably smell like fertilizer already.
>>
>>148139741
>i would rather fade away than burn out
you're not living your life correctly
>>
>>148140151
I'd seriously rather not my life and wellbeing to be on the line every couple of months again due to random bullshit, thank you very much.
>>
>>148140134
When you realise that you only seek power for validation in an attempt to get laid, you'll see how childish it is.
There's a difference between building and prestige, and you only want the latter through shortcuts like superpowers.
>>
>>148140193
It's easier to regret the reasonable risks you've taken than the ones you haven't, anon.
>>
>>148140040
>grown ups are people who would choose a life of unnecessary life threatening trials over a stable life
>>
>>148139888
>cream of the crop rises to the top because it chose to overcome the risk and reap the reward.
And for every fool that got lucky, a hundred others got the short end of the stick.

Only those who know how to take calculated risks to increase their odds of success rise to the top in a stable manner.
>>
>there are people who don't want an exciting life of trials and risks over a dull normal one
I'm trying to understand, but I actually can't wrap my head around it.
>>
>>148140193
I just don't comprehend how someone could actually think this.
What do you do with your everyday life? Isn't it boring, droll, and pointless?
You wake up, eat food, go to work/school/be a fucking neet, eat food again, have a few hours of free time and then you go to sleep. Rinse repeat. Do you really find that fulfilling?
>>
>>148134543
>Be me
>Have rad powers suddenly
>Just wanna keep playing video games watching anime and movies and shitposting on 4chan
>Thrown into superhero horse shit and people and monsters are trying to fight me
It's the most realistic thing I've seen in ages.
>>
>>148137716
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Soul-Bound_Entity

I basically got a stand, might be good depending on if the world decides my soul has "good" qualities.
>>
>>148140130
I've struggled plenty in my life, and I still keep going, thank you very much. Unlike you who prefers to stay put and vegetate.
>>
>>148140250
I definitely find it far more fulfilling than dealing with insane people and wondering what my next meal is going to be, yes.

My life as it is right now is predictable, and I've fought long and hard for it to be like this.
>>
File: 1472706189487.png (43KB, 358x228px) Image search: [Google]
1472706189487.png
43KB, 358x228px
>>148137716
>>148140258 here
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Hydrokinetic_Combat
Yeah fuck this shit.
>>148140250
>Boring, droll and pointless
>Get up, eat food, be a fucking neet, eat food again, have a few hours of free time and then go to bed
Just the way I fucking like it.
>>
>>148140244
Properly functional living beings want to be in control of their lives, the feeling of stability, the security that there's no way you're dying anytime soon. That's the reason human beings form societies. You are the weird one out
>>
>>148134543
Who the fuck says "Rad" anymore?
>>
>>148140359
"Rad"
-Anon, 2016
>>
>>148134543
What anime is this?
>>
>>148140303
>Yes, I would rather I never left my comfort zone and instead travel in a circle my entire life
You and I would not make good friends.
>>148140334
You neither.
>>148140353
Or you.
>there's no way you're dying anytime soon
That's not a certainty and you know it.
>>
>>148140207
When you are given a chance for something great, it's foolish not to take it. Even if you fail, you still get important lessons and experience you wouldn't normally get. Choosing to not accept it gets you nothing.
>>
>>148140359
I ironically say "radical" a lot to the point it's almost unironic.
I do the same shit with, "Figure it to be" and "The way I figure it"
use it ironically so much that it becomes part of my vocabulary.
>>
>>148140334
We're finally there, and that's kind of terrifying. You're one of The Beautiful Ones.
>>
>>148140224
>Grown ups are who choose to run and hide from challenges instead of seeking a way to resolve it.
>>
>>148140384
I do the same shit with shitty memes, like I don't call DTB DTB anymore, even when I'm not talking about it on /a/, so I have to explain to others what the hell "chinese electric batman" is.
>>
There are plenty examples of this happening in Western media too. Hell, like half of Marvel and DC superheros go through this character arc.

>With great power comes great responsibility

Even simple shit like Harry Potter has him pondering over how life would be if he wasn't The Boy Who Lived
>>
>>148140479
I'll admit it's a super common thing, but it doesn't make it any less annoying.
>>
>>148140380
Having been forcibly pushed out of my comfort zone an innumerable amount of times, yes, I am definitely protective of the time I do get to spend in it. Could I stand to go out of it more on my own terms? Of course, damn near everyone can. But there's a difference between stepping outside of your comfort zone and being an absolute retard that just jumps at any fucking chance to do something "cool" with their lives with no regard to their own wellbeing or livelihoods. You come across as the latter.
>>
File: mouse experiment.png (48KB, 920x437px) Image search: [Google]
mouse experiment.png
48KB, 920x437px
>>148140415
Oh, you mean this thing. I knew I knew that phrase from somewhere.
>>
>>148140380
>That's not a certainty and you know it
But people live like it is. Because society made it easy to do so. We don't need to sleep with an eye open, we get to choose what we'll eat for dinner, fuck, we're guaranteed dinner.
The only struggle we have is to keep that life stable, and it's entirely worth it. You can't even have a family without it
>>
>>148140229
That is still better than not trying anything at all and become nothing. Everyone dies at some point, but that doesn't mean no effort should be spent.
>>
>>148140531
yah

>Newer generations born in the now dysfunctional mouse utopia became withdrawn, spending their days grooming obsessively and dedicating their time solely to eating , drinking and sleeping. This generation, for all the emphasis they placed on grooming, would not reproduce. Moreover, these mice were noted to be unintelligent compared to previous generations.
>>
>>148140528
>no regard to their own wellbeing or livelihood
You're god damn right I don't give a flying fuck about self preservation.
I forget what movie I saw it in, but I remember the quote:
>The survival rate of everything drops to zero on a long enough timeline
and I couldn't agree with the message more.
>>148140564
>people live like it is
yeah, but it isn't. A large vehicle could crash into your house, or your own vehicle while you're going to/from work. You could get struck by lightning. You could suddenly catch a horrible, terminal disease (or it could decide to manifest itself). You could trip and land the wrong way and break your neck.
Sure, it's not likely in a first world country, but it's still possible.
>>
>>148140419
>Grown ups risk their lives for entirely avoidable, worthless challenges
You don't need superpowers to do something retarded anon
>>
>>148134543
I agree with you anon.

Unless, of course, when you got dangerous power that you can't control like conjuring explosions whenever you get annoyed.
>>
>>148140578
You should attach that image with your post next time or nobody will know what you're talking about.
>>
>>148134797
>Yeah but even then you'd think most people would enjoy the opportunity for excitement.

Only if the monsters are challenging, but not too hard to beat.
>>
File: 1472706132343.png (480KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
1472706132343.png
480KB, 600x525px
>>148140578
Well >>148140334 here
I guess fucking wouldn't be too bad if 3DPD wasn't so shit in the West.
But I carry genes for muscular dystrophy, so is it worth it? Should I reproduce?

I'm empathizing with these mice a lot now. Females lashing out and biting the males and such. Males literally being cucks and betas.
While others are just Nero playing his lyre while Rome burns.
>>
>>148135570
>It's like all those stories about how a guy gets filthy rich one day, but the story tries to tell you how money won't buy happiness because he's not together with his old girlfriend anymore. Really? Most people in real world would get over and just find a hotter gf

lol Notch
>>
>>148140636
Do I need to repeat myself? It doesn't matter that it's not really safe. Normal people choose the illusion of security, period.
>>
>>148135570
Only people who are already born rich would live well in riches. Poorfags who suddenly got rich would have no fucking idea on what to do with all that money.
>>
>>148134543
You'd love Dragon Crisis
>>
>>148140747
Not really, I'm just telling you I think that's bullshit, which is somewhat redundant. Feel free to stop replying.
>>
>>148140636
Well that's great for you anon, you've decided to kick reason to the curb and live life like there's no tomorrow. For the rest of us though, we'll probably keep going on living like there is one, because in all probability thanks to the miracles of modern society and medicine, there probably is. Sure, you could get the shit end of the stick and lose an arm, get a rare disease, die in a tragic dragon dildo accident, whatever. That shit is rare though. Possible, yes, but on the levels of improbability that it's effectively moot to worry about it. As such, is it really so wrong to live your life simply, doing the things you enjoy?
>>
>>148140794
>is living the life you enjoy so wrong?
No, of course not.

But that doesn't mean I have to respect your mindless circle.
>>
>>148137716
>http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Cryokinetic_Wing_Manifestation

Fuck I'm Shota Icefaggot. Not worth it.
>>
>>148137754
I don't want to get a harem. I just want one ideal wife.
>>
>>148138385
>Being a cute girl
>turned into a badly designed moeblob instead of an actual cute girl

No thank you.
>>
>>148139299
>Do you believe yourself would make an interesting MC in an anime?

Yes, I would.
>>
>>148137716
>http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Stellar_Magic
I'm pretty sure this is an auto-win button, good job me.
>>
>>148140479
>Even simple shit like Harry Potter has him pondering over how life would be if he wasn't The Boy Who Lived

Why the fuck would you want to be chased by some mad wizard for the rest of your life?
>>
>>148137716
>http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Nightmare_Empowerment
I am an anti-hero or villain.
>>
File: 2560x1440.jpg (191KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2560x1440.jpg
191KB, 2560x1440px
>>148137716
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Aether_Embodiment
>User can create, shape and manipulate Aether, a powerful and unique "Celestial Element" that flows through the Universe.
>This form of energy can be considered as "the divine power" with the users considered "gods".

Bye, I'm off to the 2D realm.
>>
>>148140821
Then that's the closest to an agreement I think we'll get to. Having lived my life seeing people die and fighting for my survival, I'd say I've grown rather attached to my life, even if I harbor no real love for it. I personally find that risking your life constantly on non-positively life changing endeavors is just a waste of my time and potential life. If it's what makes you feel alive, then more power to you, crazy bastard, but I'd rather bet on tomorrow than risk today, if that makes any sense.
>>
>>148140778
There's a reason why most people would rather live in cities over jungles. Again, that's what society is made for, to make living easier, even if it doesn work properly. Whenever you look for why societies are formed will give you this answer. It's written in your blood believe it or not. Or you could sell everything you have, buy supplies and move to the jungle if you disagree, that would be pretty worthlessly challenging
>>
>>148140733
It's your life, but it's all risk. Find something to be passionate about if you haven't yet; if that something is anime, so be it.
>>
>>148141046
>there's a reason why cities > jungles
yes, path of least resistance. Something you are quite fond of, I imagine.
>>
>>148140989
take me with you ;_;
>>
>>148138546
>will give you everything you can possibly want for your cooperation.
No you can bet your ass they'll force you into fighting or scientific testing to decipher your abilities.
>>
>>148141098
Yes, along with the non retarded 98% of humanity
>>
>>148141145
I imagine this to be far more likely, unless you go full public, high profile with yourself, which might make it harder for them to force you.
Maybe.
>>
>>148141192
>implying the mob won't just have you killed for threatening their sense of security
>>
>>148140250
>Good rest
>Good nutrition
>Opportunity to work and socialize
>Leisure time
I don't see the issue?
>>
>>148141192
That only makes it easier, they can go full power=responsibility propaganda or just pin crimes on your ass to excuse hunting you openly day and night
>>
>>148140636
>The survival rate of everything drops to zero on a long enough timeline
There's no message in that, it's literal sophistry.
>>
>>148141239
If you don't see the issue with becoming a human machine then trying to explain it to you would be a waste of time.
>>148141288
There is a message in that quote. If you don't like it, that's fine, but it is trying to tell you something.
>>
>>148141311
There's no message in that and if you think it is you're the kind of rube that ends up in a suicide cult.
>>
File: I don't like thing.jpg (83KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
I don't like thing.jpg
83KB, 500x628px
>>148141363
>>
>>148141311
We're all machines, humans don't have any free will to begin with, we're all just meatsacks responding to stimuli drifting through a rock in space etc.

But seriously, you seem to believe life has just two speeds, fast and dead. Judging from your posts, most likely dead in the near future. Why is that? Why isn't taking a more moderate approach to life feasible? All that's coming for us in the near future is climate change being an unavoidable cunt and antibiotics going the way of the Dodo.
>>
>>148134543
Japanese proverb:
The nail that sticks out gets hammered in
>>
>>148141311
Normal peaceful life doesn't remotely means living like a machine. You only Touma'd the way of life you don't agree with from the start.
If you wanted a challenging life you would just move to some remote region, there's no need for superpowers. you just want is feel special
>>
>>148137716
>Consumptive replication
>The power to gain the abilities of others by eating them
It's a power that's completely useless until after I kill this first monster. Also, it requires murder to work. Fantastic, I'm fucked.
>>
>>148137716
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Planar_Entity_Physiology
I am the fucking god hand?
>>
>>148134543
People want things they don't have. When you're born with powers, it's something that was forced upon you, rather than something that you learn to yearn for through reading comics, playing video games, etc.The desire to escape our real lives and to experience a different one is why we want to have superpowers and she doesn't.
>>
>>148141455
Why don't you just shoot him?
>>
>>148137716
>http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Guilt_Embodiment
I don't know if it can help me kill any monster, but I can use it to either blackmail people or be some sort of dark vigilante.
>>
>>148140578
>>148140531
This study is fucking retarded, we are at /pol/ levels of idiocy.
>>
File: 1445106153864.gif (2MB, 171x167px) Image search: [Google]
1445106153864.gif
2MB, 171x167px
>>148138707
>Everything involving Shakugan in the second half
>>
>>148139681
Gantz is a bad example because it's not exciting or cool powers.
It's basically suicide missions non-stop to the point that not only was there a point where everyone but the MC died and I think there was a point where the MC died too?
Thread posts: 197
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.