[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Top Tier Animu Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 17

>Welcome To The NHK
>Evangelion
>Aku No Hana
>FLCL

Fight me on this
>>
File: 1282000757567.jpg (34KB, 377x421px) Image search: [Google]
1282000757567.jpg
34KB, 377x421px
NHK good
Evangelion meh

Those last two are fucking bait right?
>>
Boku no Pico
>>
>>148029831
This.
>>
>>148029468
Aku no hana is definitely bait because OP needs some replies, right?

But FLCL? No, you've just got a case of bad taste.
>>
File: FLCL_2.jpg (44KB, 486x494px) Image search: [Google]
FLCL_2.jpg
44KB, 486x494px
>>148028377
>Welcome To The NHK
8/10
The premise is really really good, animation and production is just OK. Plot kind of gets a bit weak toward the end, I was expecting a much greater climax and resolution, but still good. Also, great soundtrack, especially the OP/ED by Kenji Ohtsuki.

>Evangelion

10/10
inb4 contrarians and kids who are too young to have experienced how the Evangelion phenomenon started.

>Aku No Hana

7/10, it's a good watch, not a big fan of rotoscopy but I admit the direction is interesting, I liked the background art more than the actual rotoscopy. There is no resolution to the story however, I haven't read the manga. If there is a 2nd season I'll probably watch it.

>FLCL

10/10, idem Evangelion. Although from what I understand, FLCL is mostly hated because "normies" watched it on Adult Swim or whatever. I'm not from the US so I never watched FLCL on TV, I actually imported the japanese DVDs (which had english subs) as they got released back in 2000/2001
>>
>Welcome to te NHK
8/10 Very good
>Evangelion
10/10
>Aku no hana
Anime 7/10 Mango 9/10
>Flcl
2/10 Fucking shit, but the soundtrack is great
>>
>>148029468
>Evangelion meh
Absolute faggot
>>
>>148030050
Well, if I was baiting then you've been baited. But Aku No Hana is genuinely good.
>>
File: 1467529030868.jpg (1MB, 2323x2067px) Image search: [Google]
1467529030868.jpg
1MB, 2323x2067px
>>148028377
>Aku No Hana

hahahaahaaha

HAHAHAHAHHAAHAA
>>
>>148031212
It's art is beautiful, not everything has to be moe, faggot
>>
File: 1474847387666.png (594KB, 701x520px) Image search: [Google]
1474847387666.png
594KB, 701x520px
>>148031212
>>
>>148031349
Ah yes, we just need to give it a chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJz2WB3dF10
>>
>>148031212
Weebs can't appreciate non-shiny non-moe art style.
>>
>>148028377
Eva and NHk yeah, FLCL not so much, and Aku No Hana is only a manga not an anime
>>
>>148028377
FLCL is anime's greatest achievement. Once you see it there's nowhere to go but down.
>>
Those were the first 4 anime I watched too OP
>>
>>148034440

>first anime

>not stuff like Robotech, Voltron, Demetan, Gatchaman or at least more modern 90s stuff like Dragon Ball and Sailor Moon

How fucking young are you?
>>
>>148031366
Is that Demo?
>>
>>148028377
All of those are honestly garbage. No real substance and bad storytelling.
It's anime for losers that can relate to failiure.
>>
File: 1439410109074.jpg (87KB, 531x505px) Image search: [Google]
1439410109074.jpg
87KB, 531x505px
Sorry, where do I go for obscure anime recs?

I'm in the phase where I've watched pretty much everything mainstream (Toradora, Gunbuster, Monster, Haruhi, etc) and I'm to the point where I'm really scraping the bottom of the barrel. Where do I go to find obscure stuff worth watching from the 1990-2005 era?
>>
>>148035756
>>>/wr/
>>
>>148035636

Very poor taste. I bet you feel special for watching really bad quality FOTM stuff.
>>
>>148035756

AB
>>
>>148028377
>Top tier [anime]
>Mention Aku no Hana
>Is fucking blind
>>
>>148035811
>Very poor taste. I bet you feel special for watching really bad quality FOTM stuff.

I am actually pretty picky with what I watch and I am pretty sure you can't guess what kind of stuff I like.

OPs taste isn't even diverse based on what he considers to be the best, it's clearly very personal and he's not even remotely looking at it objectively. He's very clearly a young adult and can relate to failiure.
>>
>>148035938

No need to "guess" what kind of stuff you like when you claim classic stuff like Evangelion is "garbage"

>b-but it's too popular and it's bad because I say so

Yeah, well, your taste is shit.
>>
File: 1654623131.png (249KB, 384x406px) Image search: [Google]
1654623131.png
249KB, 384x406px
>>148035624
i miss him
>>
>>148035636
Animation = substance
FLCL has better animation than any show from this century.
Therefore FLCL has more substance than any show from this substance.
>>
>>148036031
How's he doing these days? Last I heard he was getting settled at his new place but that was like a month or two ago.
>>
File: Fate.stay.night.full.383560.jpg (244KB, 645x911px) Image search: [Google]
Fate.stay.night.full.383560.jpg
244KB, 645x911px
>>148036031
He's active on twitter, shame about his videos though
>>
>>148036056
*from this century
>>
jojo
>>148028377
NHK is only correct
>>
>>148030146
Evangelion is for overthinking shits
>>
>>148036022
>No need to "guess" what kind of stuff you like when you claim classic stuff like Evangelion is "garbage"

So because something is popular or "classic" is amazing? Yeah ok. That argument always holds up so well.
And since you don't need to guess, why don't you tell me what I like.
>>
>>148036056
By that logic, aku no hana is absolute garbage
>>
>>148035756
JoJo, however be ready to enter exit-level when going in because nothing else will be as good anymore
>>
>>148036056
>Animation = substance

No, you're retarded. I mean that they're shallow as a puddle. There is no real deeper meaning to any of them even though that is what they authors went for with stuff like NGE and NHK.

>FLCL has better animation than any show from this century.

I bet even something like One Punch Man has better without comparing the two directly. Before you say something stupid, I didn't even like the show that much.
>>
>Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu
>Overman King Gainer
>Combattler V
>Robot Girls Z Plus
You literally can't refute this.

>>148028377
>>Welcome To The NHK
Good premise, shit plot
>>Evangelion
Pretty good. TV ending > EoE
>>Aku No Hana
I actually like the animation, it was pretty interesting. However, it couldn't save the shitty story
>>FLCL
Decent
>>
>>148036333
>>Overman King Gainer

Nothing made by this hack is god tier. He's horrendous at storytelling and pacing. He should stick to being the idea guy.
>>
>>148036430
Tomino only makes anime for intellectuals. It still makes me laugh when I think about how people couldn't understand G-Reco
>>
File: 1431542395815.png (1MB, 1007x1132px) Image search: [Google]
1431542395815.png
1MB, 1007x1132px
>>148030146
>NHK
>I was expecting a much greater climax and resolution
the ending was perfect, probably the best i've seen
>>
>>148036333
>Overman King Gainer
Asuham is one of my favorite characters, He's fantastic. It's like a weird mix between Char and Walter Walzac.
>>
>>148036237
I mean how could animation not be substance in the animation medium?

>>148036314
OPM does not even come close to FLCL animation wise. OPM is precure/naruto tier, bursts of great cuts with tons of downtime covered up by the short length of the show.

There is very little anime with deeper meaning nor does that equate to more substance. FLCL has a tightly written coming of age story while being the greatest animator's showcase for an anime. It also has perfect visual direction and sound design. It's factually an audiovisual masterpiece.
>>
Attack on Titan
Come at me faggot
>>
>>148036664
i watched the opening more than the anime
>>
>>148036470
>Tomino only makes anime for intellectuals.

There is nothing intellectual about throwing people into a story that is paced poorly and doesn't explain what is going on and who people are.
If you simply stick around and force yourself to give a shit despite the ass storytelling anyone can "understand" it since it's not complicated at all, shit is simply not explained, character motives are not clear, etc.

Take Overman for example, character keep talking about some Exodus as if we know what it's about and act like it's a big deal and that we should care, but since we don't know what it's about at all we don't care.
When said Exodus is tied into character motives and we still don't know what the Exodus is we don't care about the characters either.
The Exodus is but one of many many such things in Overman thrown at you from the start, along with the pacing issues, questionable motivations and so on.

It's like reading Nietzsche. If you can get over how utterly shit the books are written then they can be interesting, but calling it god tier is dumb since it's told exceptionally poorly.
>>
>>148036593
>OPM does not even come close to FLCL animation wise. OPM is precure/naruto tier, bursts of great cuts with tons of downtime covered up by the short length of the show.

You're comparing a show with an OVA, you humongous fucking retard. Of course the OVA will be more consistent. The fact that you compared an OVA while saying that recent shows are not as visually impressive is fucking beyond stupid.
>>
>>148036874
I'm not the one who claimed OPM has better animation retard.
>>
>>148036780
What the fuck anon? Exodus literally means "a mass departure of people". They don't really have to explain it because the name does it for you. They're leaving the ice domes to try and settle new areas not connected by the railway. They fucking explained everything after like two episodes.
>>
>>148036073
He's got a private little discord but he doesn't talk to us much. I think he's doing alright, though.
>>
File: 1427201515279.png (86KB, 288x277px) Image search: [Google]
1427201515279.png
86KB, 288x277px
It's scary how shit people's tastes are on /a/. It's just a bunch of manchildren that think anime trying to be "intellectual" equals masterpiece.
>>
>>148036949
>I'm not the one who claimed OPM has better animation retard.

But you most likely made the statement
>FLCL has better animation than any show from this century

So good job deflecting.
>>
>>148028377
>FLCL
I swear if this came out in 2016 no one would give a single fuck about it.
>>
>>148036196
>why don't you tell me what I like.

You don't even like anime, you want to feel special.
Probably you're very young and stupid.
>>
>>148036997
Not only did you miss the point I was making, you clearly didn't even read my entire post.
I forgot how stupid you people actually are here.

When someone exclaims Exodus in Overman we don't know who are going where or why. We don't know why people are against it or anything. They don't establish anything. Instead we're bombarded by things we have no understanding of while at the same time we're expected to care about the things happening and the characters.
Once again the Exodus is but one of many many many examples and that isn't even touching on the questionable motivations, pacing issues and more.
The guy has never even heard of exposition before. He paints a picture in his mind of what he wants to happen and doesn't care one bit about the viewers actually caring about his story.
>>
>>148037175
Thanks for conceding. Maybe next time don't even try to partake in a discussion because you're terrible at it. Using logical fallacies is not how you win a discussion.
But go ahead and backpedal and dodge the issue some more.
>>
>>148037483

>logical fallacies

You never made any logic statement for me to commit a fallacy, though. All you're saying is that Evangelion is garbage. I'm laughing at your very obvious 15 year old "I'm so special snowflake" anime fan mindset. Don't worry, you'll grow out of it eventually.
>>
>>148028377
>all entry level shit
>google images image
>animu
>rec thread
Lurk for 2 years before posting.
>>
>>148030146
Classic, evafaggot.
>>
File: 1474087084170.jpg (68KB, 499x280px) Image search: [Google]
1474087084170.jpg
68KB, 499x280px
>>148035756
watch ghost hunt
>>
File: ana.gif (94KB, 142x231px) Image search: [Google]
ana.gif
94KB, 142x231px
>>148037417
Overman King Gainer is innovative in its storytelling. It takes show don't tell to a whole new level. You, the viewer, are to deduct what is happening. You are a mere bystander in the show, and a bystander does not experience exposition, they merely watch everything unfold. Characters don't detail out their motives and feelings to you at every chance they get, you have to guess and figure it out yourself.
>>
File: icon_004.jpg (65KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
icon_004.jpg
65KB, 240x240px
>>148037762

>getting triggered that people like a popular series

I never noticed /a/ was so full of literal elementary schoolers.
>>
>>148037653
Still backpedaling I see. It's difficult to stay on topic for children nowadays. It's a pity your dad sniffed glue and your mom's blood type is coke positive.
But as I said, thanks for conceding.
>>
>>148038000

Your passive-aggressive, pseudo-ironic comments aren't really saving you from looking like a retard special snowflake that says a popular series is "garbage" without actually giving reasons.

But as I said, eventually you will grow up, probably you will even stop pretending to like anime at some point and forget this conversation even happened, so whatever.
>>
>>148028377
le "I don't hate anime BUT" opinion
>>
>>148037417
They literally said in the show the railway companies have a vetted interest in keeping people connected to the railway for profit, and at the same time the outside area is a barren wasteland because of where people die very quickly if something goes wrong, so it ends up being a choice of safety or freedom is more important.

The Siberian Railway was literally told early on to not kill anyone because it would mess with tax collection and to round up everyone back into town.
While the people wanting to leave literally say they want to form their old homeland again, and move away from the railways.

They explain everything while it's still relevant, and they even get into why Gainer is so anti-exodus. All within the first three episodes.

And again so you don't miss my point that's at the end of my post "They explained everything two episodes later".
>>
>>148037749
>Lurks for 3 years
>"lurk more faggot"
>k
>>
Emm...well, i could add Cowboy Bebop and The Tatami Galaxy, i suppose.
>>
>>148037874
>Overman King Gainer is innovative in its storytelling.

It's not innovative at all, it's simply bad storytelling common in many bad movies, shows, books and whatnot.

In fact Overman is very direct. It simply tells you certain things over organically clueing the viewer in via exposition.
For example we're directly told that Exodus is bad, but nothing else. So when people keep talking about the Exodus constantly without us knowing any details the viewer ends up not caring since we have no reason to care.

Then they do stuff common in poor storytelling where things simply happen for no reason. For example for the show to work we need Gainer to meet Gain, how does this happen? By Gainer getting randomly arrested for supporting Exodus (when it's even shown later that he is against Exodus, even downright hating people supporting it). So instead of organically and naturally them meeting they're forced together despite it not making any sense at all. Then the questionable motivations continue as do all the other problems.

While you'll eventually get clued in from repeated breadcrumbs of what is happening, terms and so on it's not done through a well told story. In other words this person should not be a director.
>>
>>148038342
>over organically clueing the viewer in via exposition
What the fuck am I reading here?
>>
>>148038326
I totally forgot to add Cowboy Bebop.
>>
>>148038098
>popular series is "garbage" without actually giving reasons.

I did give reasons, you have yet to tell me what kind of anime I watch despite clearly stating that you knew and didn't need to guess.

But I guess you prefer to simply press and not actually answer any questions or discuss anything. You won't even be satisfied with an essay because you don't want to challenge your ideas.

But as I said, why don't you tell me what I watch and like? Or do you really not know despite claiming the opposite? Or if that's too hard, how about directly arguing against the initial statement and arguments I made? Or is that also too difficult for your pea sized brain?
>>
>>148037995
Eva is shit. Shut the fuck up.
>>
Ironic I just recently started downloading NHK from nya, could anyone lend me a hand? Which are the best subs and video quality?
[Exiled] http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=675127
[oyasumi] http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=827601
or [DVDISO] http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=783536
>>
>>148038469
>I did give reasons

You just gave 2 "reasons", one of them being a buzzword ("substance", you don't even know what that means) and a subjective reason in which you're also wrong "bad story telling", as if you knew shit about narrative).
Give me actual reasons, even using the good old "eva ran short on budget and they had to cut costs later into development" would work better than the shit you came up with.

As I said, eventually you will stop trying to hold a fake "anime connoisseur" persona with edgy, contrarians opinion so that anonymous people on the internet think you're special.
>>
>>148028377
>you will never be Misaki's worm
>>
>>148038342
Its shown in the very first episode that Gainer doesn't like to follow the law. As soon as Gain broke out, Gainer followed him and stole King Gainer without even hesitating. "Supporting Exodus" was probably just an excuse or the official reason why they threw him in jail. You can infer from the first episode that he caused some sort of ruckus because some soldiers approached him or something. The exact reason why he was thrown in there isn't needed.
>>
>>148038493

Okay, you convinced me. Not. Suck my cock.
>>
>>148038493
Eva is, in my opinion, the greatest anime ever made.
>>
>>148038236
>They literally said in the show the railway companies have a vetted interest in keeping people connected to the railway for profit, and at the same time the outside area is a barren wasteland because of where people die very quickly if something goes wrong, so it ends up being a choice of safety or freedom is more important.

Funny, did you actually clock in when that happens? I recently forced myself through Overman because I was watching it with a friend so it's all fresh in my mind.

>The Siberian Railway was literally told early on to not kill anyone because it would mess with tax collection and to round up everyone back into town.

That's a comment made around the middle of ep2 spoken by a character that then uses the very same people as meat shields.

>They explain everything while it's still relevant, and they even get into why Gainer is so anti-exodus. All within the first three episodes.

The go into it little by little well after when it's needed. This is repeated all throughout the show. Meaning we're constantly supposed to care or understand stuff way in advance.
Remember what I said about bad storytelling and pacing?

Heck with stuff like Eureka 7 the tone and style of the show even changes. It's not some mystery why his shows tend to be so controversial and it's not because they're somehow intellectual or some shit.

Even in an above average show/manga like Master Keaton they use exposition masterfully compared to something like in Overman or Gundam g reconguista. Take the episode with the pro bombmaker. There we didn't even need to be told certain things to understand, it was all delivered to us visually.
>>
>>148038770
>Its shown in the very first episode that Gainer doesn't like to follow the law. As soon as Gain broke out, Gainer followed him and stole King Gainer without even hesitating.

Why? Breaking out is one thing but why would he run away with this guy to steal some robot suit? Because "he doesn't like ot follow the law"? He obviously didn't break laws before this considering he wasn't locked up or in any real trouble with the law (as far as we can tell).

>The exact reason why he was thrown in there isn't needed.

Fucking lol. The reason he was thrown in was directly told to us, it just didn't make any sense at all and in fact even contradicted his character. Even if we are to assume that the Railway just randomly arrests people for supporting the Exodus this was never established.
When you start asking yourself "why?" and you're repeatedly not given any real answers you stop caring. Tomino just doesn't care about the viewer or he's simply a grossly incompetent storyteller.

His way of telling a story does his shows absolutely no favors. If you can swallow his horrendous storytelling there is usually something of value to be found in Tomino's stuff, sure. But if he wants to do his ideas any justice he needs to stay away from any directorial kind of role.
>>
>>148039348
He's rebellious. Its just part of his responsibility. He also threw a huge fit when he found out he inadvertently supported the Exodus.

>The reason he was thrown in was directly told to us, it just didn't make any sense at all and in fact even contradicted his character. Even if we are to assume that the Railway just randomly arrests people for supporting the Exodus this was never established.
For one, how does it contradict his character? And the Railway has been shown to be fascist in nature the entire show. I mean, they were going to bring back an entire Exodus by force just so they can make money off of them by taxing them.

You are thrown right into the middle of things without much buildup, but that's what makes it so fun. Its all revealed to you in the first couple episodes anyway. Gainer's initial characterization was really interesting because of his extreme rebelliousness. He was thrown right into the thick of it and he just went along with it because fuck the law.
>>
File: flcl_1_a.jpg (38KB, 435x347px) Image search: [Google]
flcl_1_a.jpg
38KB, 435x347px
Serious question: why does FLCL have such horrible reputation on /a/?

I understand it might not be everybody's cup of tea, but why do some people outright label it as shit or really awful? What did I miss?
>>
>>148028377
You're seventeen and think you're deep.
>>
>>148040021
There's only 2 ratings on /a/, masterpiece or shit
>>
>>148036196
There's a reason that classics exist and it's because millions of people (including thousands of critics) have ardently studied and attempted to pick apart works from every conceivable angle over and over again for decades on end and have repeatedly failed to find significant shortcomings.

The collective experiences of millions of different people from every possible background all disagree with that retarded and ill thought out post. We're not debating the merits of some currently airing show but a venerated and enshrined masterpiece that has been vetted several million times over.

If you are going to try and take down such a work you better come at it with significantly more than "it's garbage" and then falsely claiming it had no substance.

Otherwise you just look like a faggot on the wrong side of history.
>>
>>148040021
It's one of those things which is all but established as a masterpiece, so people who didn't get it are extra harsh on it.
>>
>>148039609
>He's rebellious

That doesn't explain his lack of clear motivations at all. It feels like everything he does is random and wishy washy, or rather whatever he does simply suits the author. If something needs to happen or a character needs to do something it simply happens even if it doesn't make sense.
You can try and defend the horrible storytelling as much as you want, but it won't change this simple fact.

>For one, how does it contradict his character?

Since he despises the Exodus and people that support it he obviously wouldn't be suspected due to being a vocal supporter. Correct? This would also mean he had no reason to have done anything to support the Exodus in any way, meaning why was he suspected for being an Exodus supporter?
They could've done this better in many many ways, like him being very "familiar" with an Exodus supporter (for example one of his classmates like Sara) and then said supporter was either arrested or missing, leading to his arrest because of him being associated with said supporter.
Not only would this give us a much better reason as to why he was arrested, it would also clue us in that Exodus supporters are everywhere and that even his classmates are members of a pro-Exodus faction. If for example Sara was also arrested he could have a bigger reason for tagging along with Gain if Sara was also there and pushed him to come along to get the overman.

It's shit storytelling, plain and simple. There is absolutely nothing intellectual about it, you simply have to stubbornly try and look past the shit storytelling, a significant problem with all of Tomino's shows. This is not something you should defend at all.
If people don't like shows like Gundam g reconguista or Overman then they have very legit and good reasons for not doing so. This is a problem that shouldn't even be present after such a long time. Gundam g reconguista for example could've been great if Tomino could tone down his ego and get someone to help him.
>>
>>148028377
NHK and Aku no Hana are bad shows, but the other two are modern classics.
>>
>>148040298
He hated the exodus because his parents were exodus supporters and were killed because of it. They brought it up early on, and again near the end when it was revealed that the head of security actually killed his parents.
The SR thought he'd support the Exodus because his family did, like at this point I'm convinced you just had it running in the background while you shitposted on 4chan.
>>
>>148040021
It's style over substance.

>>148040257
I hope you're aware that some things are regarded as classics for numerous reasons.
For example the Wild Bunch. Go watch it now and you will notice that it's not a particularly good movie despite being regarded as a classic and getting praised back then.
Do you know why the Wild Bunch was actually regarded as a classic? Because at the time it had shock factor with the violence and did things differently.

You clearly don't even really think about the stuff you watch. You're the kind of person that would mindlessly just start standing up like in this vid, simply because everyone else did.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8BkzvP19v4
The simplistic mindset of "it's regarded as a classic, so it has to be good" is so juvenile. Have you even gone back and actually analyzed NGE for example? It has a metric fuckton of problems, one of them is so utterly garbage that everyone agrees that it's shit, even rabid NGE fans. That is of course the ending.
Try thinking more about the media you consume.
>>
>>148040607
No one worth listening to has ever criticized Evangelion's ending.
>>
>>148040607
The ending is spectacular. It's the perfect conclusion to the isolation vs. society narrative in so many different ways. It almost feels wrong at first but the further you ruminate on it the more and more you realize it can't be any other way.

It's objectively one of the best anime ever made so no matter what you say you will forever be on the wrong side of history and also a faggot.
>>
>>148040533
Are you drunk? Have you not been reading anything I've said?

Or are you telling me it's good storytelling that we have no clue what is going on, why things happen, why characters do the things they do because (some of it) is explained much later after it has happened? That we have to be told things like an afterthought?

Is this really what you consider to be good storytelling or (god forbid) intellectual? But nah you're right, Overman is perfect with not a single problem at all. A true masterpiece.
>>
>>148040689
>No one worth listening to has ever criticized Evangelion's ending.

i.e. anyone that challenged that idea was ignored. Because echo chamber.

>>148040808
>It's objectively one of the best anime ever made so no matter what you say you will forever be on the wrong side of history and also a faggot.

Quite sad how afraid NGE fans are of challenging their ideas. That's what makes people dislike you.

Oh well, when you make it so clear how close minded you are and you're not even open for discussion there is no reason to bother with you anymore.
>>
>>148040913
>anyone that challenged that idea was ignored
Please find me an example of someone criticizing Evangelion's ending where the critic is none of ignorant, uneducated or anti-intellectual.
>>
>>148041036
>where the critic is none of ignorant, uneducated or anti-intellectual.

And you will obviously not label them thus the second it is posted, obviously.
I have been around 4chan long enough to know how people like you work.
Oh well, stay in that echo chamber then. Never challenge your ideas.
>>
>>148041151
You can put up or shut up but right now you're doing neither. I've never seen a serious critic of its ending except for anonymous shit disturbers here and on MAL or wherever.
>>
>>148028377
FLCL a shit though.
>>
>>148041249
Yeah, obviously it's worth spending like an hour of my time putting together an essay where I analyze NGE in detail only to be met by some random insult by some close minded rabid fanboy.
No thanks, I did similar things before years ago on 4chan and I learned my lesson. You made it quite clear you're simple here to tell people that everyone that disagrees with your ideas are wrong, just like >>148040808
Maybe start out being more open minded next time and you might have better luck convincing people to waste their time.
>>
>>148040818
It's definitely not perfect but you're getting mad at the fact that it doesn't progress how you want it to.
You've already said you want everything explained out in full with expositions before anything happens, when considering the opening of the show was meant to seem fast paced and frantic it wouldn't mesh at all with the show.
>>
>>148041374
Are you trolling? Serious question because at this point you seem like you're parodying what you're complaining about. Perhaps try being a bit more open minded and realize that not everyone's out to get you?
>>
I'm 29 years old and I just binged watched for the first time the entire Neon Genesis Evangelion and the End of Evangelion.
And I unironically liked it.

I'm not crazy into anime, I just have watched some anime films, I didn't buy into the Evangelion hype, there are things about Evangelion that were insane, disgusting, embarrassing, yet I loved it. It was one of the most unique audiovisual experiences I ever had if not the greatest.

I'm scarred, am I crazy for liking it?
>>
>>148041895
only in anime can you watch a classic and ask yourself if you're crazy for liking it
>>
>>148031212
Aku no hana was a great manga too. To bad the anime ruined it's name.
>>
>>148041895
> I'm not crazy into anime, I just have watched some anime films
Fuck off.
>>
>>148040607
>It's style over substance.

I doubt you understand what that means. Stop parroting memes you don't get.
>>
File: evareprise-fake.jpg (100KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
evareprise-fake.jpg
100KB, 595x842px
>>148041895
>I'm 29 years old
>I just binged watched for the first time the entire Neon Genesis Evangelion and the End of Evangelion.

What took you so long?
>>
>>148041952
I don't even feel like like analysing it or talk about the technical details, I feel like it cheapens it and it's not about what Evangelion is but I'm not even sure what Evangelion is.
I'll just say after watching Evangelion I don't think anything other I watched qualifies as art.

>>148042695
I don't know, I guess social isolation, being a wage slave for many many years, not having friends, always just following orders, being afraid of the judgement of others, being afraid of intimacy and opening up to people.

After this road lead me to nowhere I started filling some blanks of my life, and the few anime I've watched until now and Evangelion is part of that. Maybe my fucked up life by my own actions has made me receptive to Evangelion? I don't know.
>>
File: bravo anno.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bravo anno.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>148041895
>I'm scarred, am I crazy for liking it?

Not at all, it's perfectly fine to feel like that.
Congratulations.
>>
>>148031176
The manga's a 7/10 at best
I couldn't take the show seriously because of it's hideous artstyle, I tried to sit through the first episode and just couldn't do it
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.