[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When does this get better than the 2003 version? I just finished

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Fullmetal-Alchemist-Brotherhood.jpg (216KB, 800x445px) Image search: [Google]
Fullmetal-Alchemist-Brotherhood.jpg
216KB, 800x445px
When does this get better than the 2003 version? I just finished the Nina "arc" and it was fucking shit.

They tried to cram the whole story into one episode, Nina barely had any screen time and her death scene is nowhere nearly as powerful as it was in the 2003 FMA.

Did I fall for some kind of meme or something?
>>
>>148005916
No, I totally agree. The only people who think brotherhood is objectively better are legit Narutofag autists.
>>
If you don't like it now, you never will. Get over it.
>>
It gets better when it gets away from the 2003 plot. They had to cram the old stuff in to make sense
>>
>>148005916

They rush through the beginning because they assume you already watched the 2003 version and don't need to watch it in full again

It gets much better than the 2003 version, just give it time to get past the beginning stuff
>>
>>148007980
You shouldn't need a cour's worth of episodes for your anime to get good.
>>
>>148008008

I mean do you want them to pretty much do a complete retread in full of the first part of 03 so it's better, or more quickly get to the parts that are actually interesting that you haven't seen before?
>>
>>148006749
>>148007980
Oh well. Would I miss anything if I skipped the beginning stuff to when the story starts to change from FMA 2003?
>>
File: 1437187326155.png (41KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1437187326155.png
41KB, 400x400px
>he fell for the "Brotherhood is better" meme
>>
>>148008445

You'll miss a few small things if you don't watch it in full, but not too much. Divergence starts around 13/14
>>
>>148005916
The Nina arc was only one chapter though.
>>
>>148005916
ep 1.

Brotherhood is the better series.
>>
>>148005916
the first couple of episodes of brotherhood are weaker, but the last 2/3 are much stronger
>>
both are good but brotherhood suffers from being a retry/reboot whatever you want to call if in the beginning

thems the facts, cry about it if you want
>>
>>148005916
>Did I fall for some kind of meme or something?

Yes, you did. People only say Brotherhood is much better because it "follows the manga" unlike 03, but that's hardly a solid reason to say it's objectively a better show.

If you really liked the grittier tone of FMA03, you won't like Brotherhood at all because it plays more like a typical shounen and has some pretty bad cases of out-of-place comedy.
>>
>>148005916

Brotherhood is vastly inferior to 03 in the beginning due to the amount of stuff they gloss over or just straight up ignore to speed the plot along. Once the plots diverge Brotherhood starts to surpass 03 in quality, and in the latter half of the series it's way better.

They start to diverge around when they meet Greed.
>>
>>148014869
>Grittier tone
>Implying that alchemy being powered by nazis is a good thing
>>
>>148005916
>Did I fall for some kind of meme or something?
Yes

I watched both and liked 03 way more. Brotherhood is lighter and loyal to the manga, though. Just keep watching for a bit and decide which one you like best.
>>
>>148005916
I prefer the darker tone in the original, but the plot really went off the deep end towards the end. I mean, Nazis? Freaking Nazis!?!??

They rush through the first 12 episodes or so of Brotherhood, so as to avoid rehashing the original, but the pacing improves once it diverges from the 2003 version. It's more of a typical shounen than the original, but as a complete package I prefer Brotherhood as it had a consistently good and coherent story. I say keep watching until the story diverges before reaching a verdict.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.