[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is time travel the ultimate wish-fulfillment fantasy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 1459481057042.jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1459481057042.jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
Is time travel the ultimate wish-fulfillment fantasy?
>>
No more so than Mecha, Harem, or Isekai.

I'm admittedly a sucker for time travel shit though.
>>
Yeah but the wish fulfillment varies. There's

>I'm going to travel back in time and invent something first, get rich, fuck bitches, etc.

and then there's

>holy fuck I wish I could correct all those cringey moments
>>
>>147811948
Can some one explain what exactly happened here? It gets posted 5 times a day. Never actually watched this show
>>
>>147812303
Ultimate cuck.
>>
>>147812303
guy wakes up from coma after 10 (15?) years and the girl he saved from a serial killer had a kid with his friend. been memed to hell
>>
>>147812303
the rest of the manga is shit but all you need to know is that there is no truer love than a serial killer waiting 15 years for a rematch against the one that got away
>>
>>147812303

"Nice guys" thinks girls owe them pussy if they do them a favor.
>>
>>147812303
Guy is in coma.
Girl he saved from dying, who really liked him, ends up with with one of his friends.

It just seemed as if he was left behind, but that's what happens when you end up in a 15 year coma.
>>
>>147812224
Which one's more of a wish-fulfillment?

For me, it's the latter.

I don't think about how I could've invented this or could've invested in that, but I constantly find myself wishing I could go back in time and correct a bunch of dumb social mistakes. Like how I shouldn't have said some hurtful thing to my parents, or how I wish I could've just told some girl I liked her.
>>
>>147812303
A guy travels back in time to save children from a serial killer, he does so and he ends up with his true love. That picture is just one of the girls he saved when he went back in time.
>>
File: 1459568592233.jpg (692KB, 900x4483px) Image search: [Google]
1459568592233.jpg
692KB, 900x4483px
>>147812551
>just one of the girls he saved
>>
File: Co0K0ZMW8AAoT2d[1].jpg (111KB, 1200x844px) Image search: [Google]
Co0K0ZMW8AAoT2d[1].jpg
111KB, 1200x844px
No, looking at time travelling MC they usually realise they can't have everything and become more realistic about their goals.
It's does force an idealistic character to become a pragmatist which can be seen a wish fulfillment in itself for characters who have trouble moving forward.
>>
>>147811948
Nah, harem's more guilty.

Time travel varies based on how shitty the future/past changes are. Like Psyren, where the future is post-apocalypse.
>>
Well, it is subjective. For me time travel > harem because I'm more regretful than sexual but both of those are dwarfed by pure power fantasy of challenging the gods like gurren lagann etc.

But yeah, I did really get a wish-boner when I finished the first ep of erased.
>>
>>147812303
guy goes back in time to save a girl's life, gets into a 10 year coma, wakes up and finds out the girl he saved fucked his best friend
>>
>>147814849
She fucked the kid with the bowl-cut, not Kenya
>>
>>147812303
He's the shining symbol of cuckoldery.
>>
>>147812303
the epic cuckyroo meme of course
boi do I sure love memes
>>
File: Time_Travel_01_243.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Time_Travel_01_243.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>>147811948
Dunno, but I sure love it.
>>
>>147813027

Steins;Gate just asspulled their way to save everyone.
>>
>>147816392
it would have been ok if she had fucked Kenya, but why the faggot bowl cut kid?
>>
>>147816712
that wasn't really wish-fulfillment in the self-gratification sense, more like magic schoolbus with time machine instead.

Then again I don't really know since I dropped that after a couple episode because of how mediocre it was despite the time travel aspect.
>>
>>147817047
Kenya was gay for Satoru anyway
>>
>>147811948
No. Being meguka is suffering.
>>
>>147817454
>Homu has both Za Warudo and Killer Queen
>Guarenteed to get Madoka's pussy in yuri Valhalla
>BTFOs Kyubey
>All the girls try to get a long with her
>Decides to recreate the entire movie so they can pal around again
>Becomes devil and is hated by everyone, forgotten by the girl she loves.
Moral of Rebellion: you should stop while you're ahead.
>>
>>147812303
As a child she was a loner that got murdered and he went back in time and became her only friend and introduced her to his friends and everything while saving her, yada yada the kind of progression you'd see in a love story.

>she doesnt owe him her pussy
No, she owes him her entire life.
>>
>>147817777
author is a faggot loser and nice 7s
>>
I hate how this sort of situation can never again be "tragically beautiful" or "bittersweet."

Nope, just people screaming KEK at their computer screens like a bunch of farm animals.
>>
>>147818796
>tragically beautiful
what a fucking cuck
>>
>>147820119
cuckledeedoodeldoo.

It's really funny. Like, little kids funny. No wonder cuck is such a popular word among underage anons pretending to be adults.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.