[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can one character ruin a series this badly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: GintamaUtsuro.jpg (128KB, 736x1061px) Image search: [Google]
GintamaUtsuro.jpg
128KB, 736x1061px
How can one character ruin a series this badly?
>>
>>147790060
I did not see that comming.
>>
File: benio.jpg (36KB, 390x600px) Image search: [Google]
benio.jpg
36KB, 390x600px
Acting like an autistic otaku self-insert is a pretty easy way.
>>
File: end_of_gintama.jpg (135KB, 940x511px) Image search: [Google]
end_of_gintama.jpg
135KB, 940x511px
>>147790060
>>147790091
It's not like the gorilla see it either.
>>
>>147790060
I heard that a single character tanked Magico. He was so unpopular that the series got dragged down to the bottom of the rankings and was cancelled less than 20 chapters after he was introduced.
>>
>>147790118
This so much.
>>
>>147790118
That's not penis hair.
>>
>>147790289
Really? Which one?
>>
>>147790289
>>147790060

maybe thats the plan? Even author of Conan want to stop but nobody let him even when he try as bad as possible
>>
>>147790183
The sword hilt.
And maybe the blade.
>>
>>147790060
How'd he ruin it? We know fuck all about him so far.
>>
>>147791590
Because everytime he appeared, all the comedy and outrageous bits got thrown out of the window and things all get gloom and serious. Which is the opposite of why people like Gintama.
>>
>>147791705
It's been that way since the Benizakura arc, where they'd have serious plot dialogue every now and then.

Only difference is he's replacing Takasugi for the final villain. Things used to be serious whenever Takasugi appeared.

Honestly, it's only been on a constant serious string because the author is trying to end the series.
>>
>>147790060
At least he is handsome.
>>
>>147791705
That's my favourite thing about gintama.
You never know when an arc is going to be a plot serious arc or a joke arc from the start.
The Courtesan of the Nation arc had probably the most jarring shift in tone i've ever seen in the series and it's my favourite arc because of that.
>>
>>147791956
>Things used to be serious whenever Takasugi appeared.
>What is the New Year Cards chapter/episode?
>>
>>147792606
>All those jokes about Takasugi being an edgy emo teen that wants to destroy the world.
>>
I genuinely enjoy gintama and it's the longest I've ever followed a series, but even I have to agree this is getting stale.

Gintama is supposed to be a laid-back comedy with "serious" arcs every once in a while, but now I can't remember the last time I laughed.
Everything is overly moody, Utsuro has some chuunibyou-tier powers and it's dragging on for way too long.

Only thing good that's happened lately is the return of the shinsengumi.

I get that it's trying to come to a conclusion, but this huge arc is taking all the soul out of the series. It's like the gorilla didn't write this.

Also, Utsuro not being dead was an asspull. Gintoki's character is shaped around this decision. What's up with the "lol j/k he's the bad guy now".
I'd have preferred any other conclusion to the series.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.