[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /a/ think of SaiKano?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 8

File: Fuyumi.png (437KB, 720x412px) Image search: [Google]
Fuyumi.png
437KB, 720x412px
What does /a/ think of SaiKano?
>>
File: 1320118469823.png (87KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1320118469823.png
87KB, 500x500px
I think it jumped the shark harder than Evangelion near the end.

At least Evangelion gives a reason for the shit that happens and if you follow the plot you know whats going on. World ending? Instrumentality

Saikano tells you to fuck off.

Why does the world end?
Whats with giant metal spears coming out of the sky?
Why does a tidal wave cover the entire planet?

Music was good though would watch again just for that.
>>
>>147753611
Shit art, and even more atrocious story. Was trying really hard to edge with the end of the world shit. They where better of never making it
>>
File: Chise's a big girl.png (725KB, 1024x770px) Image search: [Google]
Chise's a big girl.png
725KB, 1024x770px
SaiKano was well received when it came out and was very popular, but I don't get when now people give it a lot of hate.

>>147754038
You never payed attention, did you? The world was ending and the planet was literally dying.

The metal things coming out of the sky is Chise's actually body. She was growing over the series and that's what she became in the end.

> tidal wave
Again. The planet was dying which is the cause of the earthquakes and natural disasters.

In short, you have to pay attention and reading the manga also helps as that does it better.

>>147754145
You just didn't understand it.
>>
Eriri best girl
>>
File: 1446568117969.jpg (106KB, 728x1127px) Image search: [Google]
1446568117969.jpg
106KB, 728x1127px
>>147755714
Wrong fucking anime.
>>
>>147753611
It had waaaaaaay to much melodrama that it would up collapsing in under its own weight.
Episode 10 was good enough of an ending but lo, they insisted on taking things even further that it end up turning more into a comedy instead of the drama that it was supposed to be.
>>
>>147755714
Eririfag, everyone. Brain damage is mandatory.
>>
I for one, liked it
>>
>>147754038

The anime cuts back on the soul wrenching and lightens things up, believe it or not. There was even a live action movie that feared the original content was too depressing so they made chie into a super robot that saved earth at the end.

I read, both the manga, watched and anime AND saw the live action movie untranslated so I'll give you a go, son.

>Why does the world end?
Earth's core is starting to harden. At the end of the manga, you are given a space view of earth, and it is devoid of atmosphere. The atmosphere on earth is a product of the hot molten core. Either it cools down or stops spinning. End result is, earth is left open to space without protection.

>Whats with giant metal spears coming out of the sky?
Chie going out of control.

>Why does a tidal wave cover the entire planet?
All tidal waves are results of seismic activity, multiply that with massive tectonic shifts happening cause of the faulty core and you get the picture.

The war that is going on in the back ground is over the last habitable pieces of land mass on earth. It isn't told directly but that's pretty much it. They invade because they literally have no where else to go, as the earth is dying. Saikano could have done more to clarify this, but if you read the manga, watched the anime and saw the movie, all of which add little bits to flesh out what is going on, you'd appreciate it more.

Kinda ridiculous how no one in saikano seems to care or know that continents are breaking up or how the government kept it a secret, you'd think they would notice....
>>
File: fuckalicious.jpg (96KB, 728x1105px) Image search: [Google]
fuckalicious.jpg
96KB, 728x1105px
Question, who would you have chosen?

>Chise
>Akemi
>Fuyumi

Go!

http://www.strawpoll.me/11307624

>>147756441
But it was done in that fashion as it's like you're meant to be IN their relationship. That's why it's so over the top.

>>147757660
Me, too. I think people judge it too way much on the drama and crying.

>>147758784
>you'd think they would notice
It's not that. It's about how much they didn't want to accept it.
>>
Bump for interest.
>>
File: 048.png (20KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
048.png
20KB, 235x235px
>>147759091

Jesus Christ
>>
File: Akemi.jpg (27KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Akemi.jpg
27KB, 720x480px
>>147760545
That's just the manga version. I don't know what the author was thinking. The anime handled that scene so much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vibeKNdAZzw
>>
Further bump for interest.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.