[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Both Kyoani and Shaft have been declining heavily recently. Prove

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

Both Kyoani and Shaft have been declining heavily recently.
Prove me wrong about Ufotable being the best animation studio in the next decade.

You literally can't.
>>
>>147722713
>Both ufotable and Shaft have been declining heavily recently.
ftfy
>>
>>147722893
Wat. Ufotable won't be done until TM is done.
Shaft was done because Nisio was done.
Kyoani never had anything to begin with, they have to forever struggle between finding good source materials(which will be shit anyway) and pandering to the moefags&fujos with contentless originals.
>>
>>147722713
Isn't Ufotable's next show an otome app adaptation based on personified swords?

Sounds amazing.
>>
>>147722713
New ufotable is shit. Futakoi Alternative is their best work.
>>
>>147722713
I agree, but KyoAni dropped off my radar after K-on! ended.
>>
>Make Fate/Zero and Kara No Kyoukai 1000 times
>There are people that unironically think this a good studio

If this actually becomes a thing, I'm gonna be pissed.
>>
>>147722713
>type-shit
>good
pick one and only one
>>
Ufotable? More like Type/Moon studio
>>
Are you that bored, asd-kun?
>>
>>147722713
Ufotable's adaptations have no soul. F/Z was shit.
>>
>>147722713
>UBW
>God Eater
>Zestiria
All bored shit. Fuck off Emiya.
>>
>>147725317
>not recognizing that the atmosphere and presentation of Kara no Kyoukai, Fate/Zero, and UBW are significantly different regardless of what you think of the overall quality of TM's work.
>>
> Prove me wrong
Two words: God Eater
>>
>>147722713
What the fuck? Ufotable's the one with the heaviest quality decline - all they've done for years now is TMshit and bad /v/ adaptations. Tell me when they make another Manabi Straight or Futakoi Alternative or Yoyo to Nene.
>>
>>147722713
Shaft have alwys been an above average studio, not to mention they have done very crappy shows like MCA. KyoAni's quality keep standing though her shows keep been boring or plain shit like the recent Phamton World. Ufotable has a very good quality animation through all their recent shows, see ToZ this season for example, but the travesty that God Eater was, in the production aspect, is a pretty nasty scar.

Still I think Ufotable and KyoAni are the best studios animation wise, followed by IG, Bones, Madhouse and MAPPA but only when they put some effort into it.
>>
File: 1473376614950.jpg (498KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473376614950.jpg
498KB, 1280x720px
Your proof lies in the fact that Studio Bones has had a good or better series airing every season for at least the last 8 in a row. The animation quality never drops too low, the voice actors are always well selected and the OST's almost always kick ass.

BONES IS THE FUTURE OF ANIME
>>
>Kyoani + Shaft + Bones teaming = Profit?
>>
>>147724637
It's not an otome app
>>
>>147724637
Yes. They are trying to grab some fujobucks.
>>
File: smug anime triangle.jpg (25KB, 395x181px) Image search: [Google]
smug anime triangle.jpg
25KB, 395x181px
>>147722713
u wot
>>
>>147722713
Bitch please.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CJeDetA45Q
>>
>>147725617
F/Z was shit because of the source material. UBW was better because the original was better.
>>
>>147725448
Tell us how God Eater, Zestiria X and Touken Ranbu are type/moon.
>>
>>147722713
Madhouse, Bones, White Fox, Trigger are all better
>>
>>147726803
Based KyoAni
>>
>>147722713

Holy shit, that does look really good.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (57KB, 378x475px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
57KB, 378x475px
>>147724637
>Googled the show
>got this
>>
>>147725807
>Manabi Straight or Futakoi Alternative or Yoyo to Nene.

Those three didn't have the unique art style and craftsmanship Ufo has now though.

Ufo is definitely a better studio now considering they are one of the first to actually push 3D models and VFX to it's limit to blend with 2D animation.

They are doing what other studios will eventually adapt to. It will be another evolution of the industry when they can finally use CG to successfully mimic hand-drawn animation.
>>
>>147726877
In what fashion wasn't F/Z's LN better than the UBW route?
Urobuchi is a better writer than Nasu and the latter even admits it.
>>
>>147722713
Nasu should get his shit together and announce Girls' Work already.
>>
File: 1470646678457.jpg (174KB, 976x638px) Image search: [Google]
1470646678457.jpg
174KB, 976x638px
>>147726803
>kyoani's trump card
>a seinen/josei novel adaptation with only pretty visuals as its appeal with no existing following

>ufotable's trump card
>a video game adaptation with existing fujo following that eclipses even the Free fanbase

Hmm. Which will sell better i wonder?
>>
>>147727450
And if you ask Urobuchi he would say Nasu was better. That's how Japanese works.

FZ was really just generic Urobuchi shit he used again and again. There was nothing profound or ground-breaking in the characters. If you just watch his other series or games you would feel the same.

While F/SN actually has something creative with the characterizing.
>>
>>147727740
The first one.
>>
File: Subaru Ponder.png (39KB, 303x322px) Image search: [Google]
Subaru Ponder.png
39KB, 303x322px
>>147727829
Whatever you say, kid
>>
>>147723156
Shaft is now trying to milked off another of Nisio works right now while they are waiting to do the new Fate anime and that other anime which name I have forgot.
>>
>>147722713
>ufotable
Take away the flashy lights and over the top CG effects and they aren't anything special.
It's amazing how quickly people praise them when their whole gimmick is so cheap.
>>
File: WC7JYEu.jpg (251KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WC7JYEu.jpg
251KB, 1280x720px
>>147727753
>>
>>147727753
>And if you ask Urobuchi he would say Nasu was better.
The only difference is that Nasu has actually said it while Urobuchi never has, though he's full of praise for Nasu nonetheless. Urobuchi has always acted like Nasu's senpai-who-noticed during interviews, really.

>FZ was really just generic Urobuchi shit he used again and again.
uh
>two major male characters form a powerful rivalry building up to a climactic finale bout
>gun fetishism
>martial arts fetishism
>eldritch abomination fetishism
>betrayal everywhere (but this is par for the course in a Grail War)
>ability demands gradual self-destruction (Kiritsugu and Kariya)
>utiltarianism is stupid (already present in F/SN)

Everything else is just like Nasu and in many cases they overlap. Two great tastes that taste great together.

>While F/SN actually has something creative with the characterizing.
Bullshit. Nasu was exploring all of F/SN's themes except for its core one (what it means to be a hero) and plenty others in Kara no Kyoukai and Tsukihime long before, largely because the Nasuverse is founded on principle philosophical conceits that are consistent throughout Nasu's works. Fuck, Souren Araya's motivation ties into Kiritsugu's/EMIYA's suppositions about saving people long before Fate ever came to be.
Also,
Shirou ties back to Enjou Tomoe.
Rin is Misaya is Akiha is Azaka is the haughty tsundere cunt.
Sakura is Fujino is the rape victim.
Kotomine is Araya is Nrvnqsr is the stern intellectual antagonist voiced by Jouji Nakata.
Gilgamesh is Alba is Roa is the extremely powerful but arrogant antagonist.
et cetera
>But these are only superficially similar concepts, even if their circumstances and demeanor can be compared, the core of their characters are fundamentally different!
Yeah, and it's the exact same way with Urobuchi. Superficially similar concepts explored in very different ways with quite different meanings.
>>
>>147726909
They're not. That's why they flopped
>>
>>147727342
You don't know what you're talking about. The pioneers of CGI techniques mixed with 2D is Production IG. UFO hasn't done anything new except for slapping a blue/orange filter and have very sharp matte painted backdrops in most of their shows.
>>
>>147732217
Zestiria X flopped because faggotry.
Touken Ranbu isn't even out yet.
>>
>>147732173
>Fuck, Souren Araya's motivation ties into Kiritsugu's/EMIYA's suppositions about saving people long before Fate ever came to be
I think Ufotable noticed this as the EMIYA flashbacks in episode 20 of UBW look suspiciously similar to the Araya flashback in Paradox Spiral
>>
>>147732173
>Sakura is Fujino is the rape victim.
Forgot Kohaku. She fits in there too.

Also notice how Kotomine works with Gil and they're bros, Araya works with Alba (once upon a time they were probably bros), and Nrvnqsr and Roa are bros, too.
>>
>>147727342
>Those three didn't have the unique art style and craftsmanship Ufo has now though.
Two of them had quite distinct/recognizable artstyles, just not the same as each other, and Yoyo to Nene's craftsmanship was far superior to anything Ufo's put out since. Not that any of that really matters - what does matter is that they were ultimately more fucking enjoyable. The end. Technological advancement means jack shit if the anime Ufo produces with it are worse overall than the ones they did before, which they are.
>>
>>147727740
>>a seinen/josei novel
Stopped reading there. Don't use words you don't understand, retard.
>>
>>147733135
Then what genre is it, faggot?
>>
>>147732388
>Touken Ranbu isn't even out yet.
And it'll do worse than Doga Kobo's own, while also being a production disaster
>>
>>147732217
That's not the point. You said they're a Type/Moon studio, which they're not.
>>
Zestiria was all production values and no directorial sophistication. I don't really have faith in Ufotable to reliably do anything other than well-used CGI
>>
>>147733389
>Touken Ranbu
>flipping
Pick one newfag.
>>
>>147733928
Can swords flip?
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.