[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this really the best the isekai genre has to offer? You can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: subaru.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
subaru.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
Is this really the best the isekai genre has to offer? You can do anything with "trapped in another world" being the premise and yet this is the only one that's good. Not even great, just good.
>>
File: 1454073356636.jpg (597KB, 693x886px) Image search: [Google]
1454073356636.jpg
597KB, 693x886px
You might like parodies.
>>
There are plenty of older titles that were " isekai" before the term existed that blow any of the modern shows that follow the formula out of the waters
>>
>Is this really the best the isekai genre has to offer?
Watch more than 30 post-2010 anime.
>>
>>147550105
Of course not. That's Twelve Kingdoms.
>>
Would Drifters be classified as an isekai?
>>
>>147550694
probably as much as 12 kingdoms or escaflowne

I wonder if Grendizer would be one too, after all the MC is lost on a world that is not his (and as it happens, it's the Earth)
>>
No one remembers El Hazard ;-;
>>
>>147550822
>Grendizer mentioned in /a/.
I love you, anon.

I wouldn't call it isekai though, he's an alien fighting other aliens along humans. Same reason why Terra e... wouldn't be about parallel universes. Other genre tags would have more weight.
>>
>>147551264
i wanna bang ifreeta's key socket so bad with my key so bad if you know what i mean
>>
>>147550358
Why the fuck would someone do that?
>>
>>147550105
This one was pretty bad, watch konosuba it's the only good isekai in existence.
>>
>>147551264
I used to have VHS tapes of the entire series. It was the first anime I really got into.
>>
>>147550604
Hell yes it is. Damn near never see that mentioned here.
>>
Is Drifting Classroom considered the original isekai?
>>
>>147550105
It's not even good you dink
>>
Digimon Adventure is better. As is Fushigi Yuugi. As is Monster Farm. As is Magic Knight Rayearth.

Watch some '90s isekai to see the genre done right.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.