[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's be honest with ourselves here: Is he ever going to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 15

Let's be honest with ourselves here: Is he ever going to actually release the last Evangelion movie? Anno just seems like he's given up on trying to make the audience happy after how much 3.0 was hated. He seems to have found a steady job making the new Godzilla movies, which people actually like.

Regardless of what you think of the Rebuild movies, you have to admit it would suck to pour your heart and soul into rebooting the old franchise, and then consistently getting lukewarm reception even from fans of your old series.

Will it ever actually finish?
>>
>>147392927
It will come and we will hate it, but continue to discuss Evangelion forever.
>>
I hope Asuka beats up Rei kek
>>
You know how it goes, even if we think it's shit we are still going to eat it up. I bet the chinks think the same.
>>
>>147392927
http://www.evageeks.org/2016/07/hideaki-anno-apologizes-for-delay-of-final/
>>
>Is he ever going to actually release the last Evangelion movie
Yes, obviously, it brings in the cash.
>how much 3.0 was hated
I enjoyed it, it finally managed to set it's own identity in stone unlike 2.0 and especially 1.0 which was a pure carbon copy
>it would suck to pour your heart and soul into rebooting the old franchise, and then consistently getting lukewarm reception even from fans of your old series
Poor Anno.
>>
>>147392927
Anno only made the Rebuilds to cater to himself to begin with. He never tried to make the audience happy, I don't get why any of it gives you that impression. Anno only ever tried to make Kaworu and Asuka popular with the Rebuilds, but maybe more importantly, he wanted to downsize Rei's image.

Now that he got what he wanted, making a fourth movie is basically pointless.

>>147397129
Poor Anno? Give me a break. The man is a psychopath.
>>
ITT salty reifags mad the rebuilds BTFO worst girl
>>
The original TV ending didn't have very good reception.

Anno can do whatever he wants at this point, and we can't get off his wild ride even if we wanted.
>>
>>147397855
>create original anime
>rei is best girl

>ten years later
>create """new""" version that's like an angry fanfic
>somehow rei is BTFO

If anything, it's just proof that Rei is great since salty Rei-haters literally need to spin their own eva-universe to pretend she isn't.

>haha look at my fanfic gaise it's proof may waifu is bestss!

Not really how it works.

>The original TV ending didn't have very good reception.
Myth.
>>
>>147392927
He said a couple of days ago he is already "working hard" in the last movie.
http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-4798.html

>>147396636
>posting EvaGeeks
There are a lot of sites you could have posted that talked about that, please, don't do that.
>>
>>147397656
>Anno only made the Rebuilds to cater to himself to begin with
>Anno only ever tried to make Kaworu and Asuka popular with the Rebuilds, but maybe more importantly, he wanted to downsize Rei's image
>[citation needed]
Although I do acknowledge the fact that he didn't do the best job with Rei in the Rebuild series.
>>
>>147392927
Only people who take everything in a movie at surface level hate 3.0. 3.0 was a masterpiece.
>>
>>147398162
The citation is Rebuild, and everything Anno has done since. You already know they did a piss-poor job with Rei in the Rebuilds, and not only that, they surgically targeted the character for humiliation/demolition as well.

You can't just portray Asuka or Kaworu as souped up versions of their original selves and then trash Rei, oh no. That's far more than coincidence, that is deliberate pandering and bias.

>>147398251
Other way around actually. You keep telling yourself that, but we both know it's a lie. Debate me any time.
>>
Utada Hikaru has recently come back so she can write another song for Rebuild. We only need everything else.
>>
>>147392927
Tv series > EoE > Rebuild
>>
>>147392927
I quite enjoy how he threw the 3.0+1.0 name around but doesn't seem to be actually working on it.
>>
>>147398343

Not him but what's so wrong with 3.0 to the point so many people hate it?

I watched it only twice, maybe I should rewatch (in fact I should rewatch the entire Rebuild series again, but I've watched each at least twice or more), but as I remember it was a very Anno-like movie, and I liked that he moved away from the original. He already kind of did since the first one, but 3.0 and the time skip was like an exaggeration of it all, he was like "Yeah Rebuild is not the original Eva, fuck it". If people got angry because of that, they aren't familiar with Anno or even Evangelion as a whole.
As I remember, the movie production was on par with the other two, in terms of animation and what not. I really like 3.0's opening sequence (eva-02 in space, etc) better than the other 2.
And mind you I'm an old evafag who watched everything in order (even D&R before EoE, because it's what was available, the waiting for EoE was a LOT more painful than the wait for Rebuild final, at least to me), so I obviously have a bias for the original and EoE, I take Rebuild as it comes: a modern-made Evangelion. It doesn't need to be like the original, in fact I'm glad it's not because then I'm certain I wouldn't like it. Nothing can top the original.

However, that doesn't mean I hate Rebuild, or 3.0. So why is it that people hate is so much? I kind of remember the first two having better reception, especially the second, even if it went all crazy with early 3rd impact at the end and ZE BEAST.
So I guess there must be some other reason people hate 3.0, other than "it's too different" or something like that.
>>
>>147399635
The problem is Rebuild characters are written like dog shit, what made Eva stick out was it's writing.
>>
>>147399635
Like you've seen yourself, "different" only makes people more interested, so that's not it.

The problem with 3.0 is that for all intents and purposes it destroyed any chance of the story finishing with believable, well-written characters. It only focused on giving otaku a strong vehicle for escapism by providing shallow characters/settings they can work with. 3.0 simply has no real point besides providing that.

It all comes down to how petty otaku are, and none is more petty than Anno himself. He laid his hate upon Japan and the Rei fanbase because Rei was more popular than his favorite character. We've been through almost twenty years of Anno's passive-aggressiveness towards everything because he didn't get his way, and that also infects the otaku fanbase. 1.0 and 2.0 do their part, but not in an irredeemable way - with 3.0 it goes all out in degrading Rei's character in favor of characters like Asuka and Kaworu. Naturally even Asuka and Kaworu's characters become more shallow as a result, since they are only shallow pandering. In 3.0, Anno strips Rei for all sorts of memorable lines, meaningful interaction and attacks the very core of the character through Rei Q, and even inserts new setting-info in the form of backstory and commentary from arguably reliable narrators. It's a direct attack on the character and the fans of it.

The backlash against 3.0 is larger than the backlash against e.g the EVA Campus manga because 3.0 was worked on by the original authors, and actually had a genuine chance of actually working out to something good.

If you don't understand this, then how can you say you're an EVA-fan for so many years? I envy you the ignorance you have.
>>
File: 333.png (50KB, 1033x375px) Image search: [Google]
333.png
50KB, 1033x375px
>>147399635
>>
>>147399635
I enjoyed all of them as well, as a stand alone all of these movies would be considered amazing, but when you compare them to the original Evangelion series, it's nowhere near as good. I guess people had too high expectations in it and in Anno (some call him a hack because of that now).

The writing and the characters are subpar at best, it's like everyone is a shadow of their former (original series') selves, some characters like Asuka and Misato, whilst still likable in their own regard, don't get nearly as much development as in the original series, whereas characters like Rei are flat out turned to garbage.
Shinji is your typical shonen protagonist badass now and the action scenes are all over the top and the religious symbolism is blasphemously mishandled. Everyone can also seemingly go berserk now, even though that used to be Shinji's thing

The only great thing 3.0 did was establish Kaworu's and Shinji's relationship and make it believable, but that's about it.
>>
>>147400699
>The only great thing 3.0 did was establish Kaworu's and Shinji's relationship and make it believable, but that's about it.
That's bullshit though. 3.0 didn't even do that.
>>
Did you guys see the new video that Utada Hikaru put up? It even has some new footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5HdwnJoq6w
>>
>>147400755
Depends on the way you look at it, I expected it go down far worse.
>>
>>147400821
If you expect it to go worse, that's not really a fair appraisal.

Objectively speaking, Kaworu is less of a character in the 90minutes in 3.33 than the 20minutes in episode 24. It's downright shite.
>>
>>147400797
Discarded scenes, doesn't really matter.
>>
File: Nagisa.Kaworu.full.230210.jpg (595KB, 1000x672px) Image search: [Google]
Nagisa.Kaworu.full.230210.jpg
595KB, 1000x672px
>>147400797
Fuck, Kaworu's ''death'' was shit in that movie, your everyday blood pinata, literally Elfenlied tier.
>It even has some new footage
Not much new to be seen though.
>>
We'll watch it, it doesn't matter

I cant wait for the 2030s where its announced that EVA + EoE will be completely re-animated faithful to the original series but anno does it again and completely changes the anime at episode 20 into some 2deep fuckery
>>
>>147401227
Kaworu is a big part of what ruined the Rebuilds. You can't just take a one-episode character and then blow him up to a full movie. Pun intended
>>
>>147392927
Is this poster even 'official'? Isn't it fanmade?
>>
>>147401899
apparently it's the official teaser i think.

>>147401266
I think the man will probably be old and tired of the series by then
>>
>>147400332
>If you don't understand this, then how can you say you're an EVA-fan for so many years? I envy you the ignorance you have.

No, I kind of do, but I think it has to do with the fact I don't even have a "favorite" character in Evangelion, I like it as a whole. So I never stopped to think "hey, this character has more screentime than this other which is my favorite, fuck this."
I also expected Rebuild to not have as much depth as the original, you're comparing 26 TV episodes with roughly 6 hours of movies, of course it's not gonna be as detailed.
But I guess from that point of view, I can understand it. I'd still not call the movie shit because of that though, seems a bit subjective.

>>147400699
Yeah as I said, I can't compare it to the original series. No question, I don't like Rebuild as much as the original, that's for sure.

But I feel majority of the complaints for the movie come from people who are more into fanfiction and specific characters, rather than Evangelion as a whole, right?

Was 3.0's reception really as bad everywhere or just on boards like /a/ and the like? I imagine the japanese at 2ch must also hate it.
>>
>>147402068
i was one of the people who liked 3.0 from the time it came out, and yes I can tell you there was definitely a predominantly negative reaction to the movie from what I could tell.

For what it was worth I liked the time skip. I'm just in it for the ride now.
>>
>>147402068
>No, I kind of do, but I think it has to do with the fact I don't even have a "favorite" character in Evangelion, I like it as a whole.
>But I guess from that point of view, I can understand it. I'd still not call the movie shit because of that though, seems a bit subjective.

It's not subjective when it relates to the quality of the story and Rebuild as a whole. You can't look away from the fact that a story that's only intended to cater to a fanbase who by definition hates a large part of Evangelion will undermine the whole. So if you like the whole, and truly desire for Evangelion to be as good as possible, there's no way you can't consider the rampant bias within the fanbase and the author a threat. It's way past subjective, and it's in fact the only thing that can make the movie shit, and trul irredeemable.

There's a reason why 3.0's defenders prefer that it's all "bad" by a mistake or low effort, rather than 3.0's lack of quality being the result of intentional tampering and guiding of the story to promote/demote certain characters. Because it's OK to try honestly and fail, but it's absolutely unacceptable to try to ruin a huge chunk of the story because you don't like it. We can accept Anno trying his best and failing, but not this sort of petty bullshit.

Because Anno and currently, most Asuka/Kaworu fans who support 3.0 are too caught up in the euphoria of being served their sadistic desires on a silver plate, they are unable to see that the only way they and everyone else can mutually respect Evangelion and the characters is if it is taken seriously by it's author. Every element needs to be treated fairly, and with as much bias as 3.0 shows, that's no longer possible.

Also, going to answer the other part:
>I feel majority of the complaints for the movie come from people who are more into fanfiction and specific characters, rather than Evangelion as a whole

It's the opposite. You need a knack for personal appropriation of EVA to like Q.
>>
>>147402393
posts like this just seem so silly. i genuinely didn't even notice things like rei having less time than asuka on screen, I would have never noticed unless people here pointed it out. I would not call myself an Asukafag or a Kaworufag or anything like that, I just liked Eva as a whole. 3.0 was an interesting new direction to take the series and I'm curious to see how it all ends.

If anything my problem with 1.0 and 2.0 was that it seemed to take too long to veer away from the original Eva story, I thought the whole point of Rebuild was to do something different. I remember liking the second half of 2 a lot more because it seemed like "Oh, now it's going into something completely different".

I didn't honestly get it. I was expecting people to like 3.0 more than the other movies because it was actually different from the originals and set up the ending to inevitably be something brand new. I feel like people had their own expectations of what Anno was "supposed" to do with Rebuild, and when he subverted the expectations he just pissed off a lot of his fans. If you want to see the original series again, watch it again. I'm still not even sure where Anno is supposed to go with the story, but I'm still looking forward to the end of Rebuild.
>>
>>147402068
If the author of the franchise turns against a large part of the fanbase, it affects everyone on multiple levels. First and foremost it makes the faction loyal to the author aggressively target whoever the author targets. It also gives already belligerent factions ammunition and strongly boosted confidence, increasing conflicts.

As if that wasn't bad enough, it starts affecting the work itself. Whatever the author hates now drops severely in quality and is as a rule, continuously written to be objectively weaker than it's predecessors, without any reason.

It results in constant conflict and flame wars, and it results in the audience pointlessly discrediting large parts of the work. Eventually it becomes impossible to discuss the work seriously because either it incites flame-wars, or you are stuck discussing the work in an inherently reduced state.

It affects everybody and has been seen in more fanbases than just Evangelion. It should be fought at every possibility.
>>
Why didn't Kaworu just throw the bomb away? Why did he have to put it on himself?
>>
>>147402854
>blah blah blah Anno didn't do what I wanted him to do

this feels like every single complaint about 3.0 I've read over the past 4 years.

i don't care about fanbases or who he pisses off, I thought one of the main draws of Evangelion was how much it did the unexpected or something controversial. I just want to see what Anno does with Rebuild, I don't give a shit about this fan pandering you people want so badly.
>>
>>147402975
You seem to not be getting that Anno is doing extreme fan pandering with 3.0. The only group pleased with the flick are the fans, normies and regular moviegoes rate it a zero out of ten because it's just empty nonsense unless you're a fan.
>>
>>147402975
>I thought one of the main draws of Evangelion was how much it did the unexpected or something controversial

It sure is. I know I for one was expecting a good movie and boy was I surprised.

Yes, it did something different, but the different stuff it did wasn't GOOD. That's the whole problem. Old Eva gave the fans what they didn't know they wanted, rebuild 1&2 gave the fans what they wanted, 3.0 didn't give anyone anything unless you really like gay pianos.
>>
>>147402757
>posts like this just seem so silly. i genuinely didn't even notice things like rei having less time than asuka on screen,
>I would have never noticed unless people here pointed it out. I would not call myself an Asukafag or a Kaworufag or anything like that, I just liked Eva as a whole. 3.0 was an interesting new direction to take the series and I'm curious to see how it all ends.

I call bullshit. It's not even about amount of screentime, and in your example Rei had less screentime than Asuka in NGE, and in the Rebuilds Rei has more screentime than Asuka, and that includes Q. You knew perfectly what was going on, because there is no one as stupid like you suggest. If you actually liked Evangelion as a whole, you'd recognize when the whole is being distorted and downright destroyed. It's no longer about single characters and their fandom, but it's about the whole. Asuka, despite being aggressively pandered, is now a far inferior character than she has any right to be. The same goes for Rei, only far worse.

So if you can for five minutes stop acting like a brainwashed evageeks poster and quit parroting their groupthink, you'll see how far you've gone in deluding yourself. To say that you "honestly don't get it" is wrong, because if you honestly DID try to get it, you wouldn't ask the questions you're asking now.

Anno with Rebuild has intensively tried to please the fans, rather than writing a good movie, with solid characters, plot and even meaning. Because NGE's fanbase is so fractured and factional, it turns out that to please one of these fanbases you need to destroy another rival fanbase. Of course, it helps Anno to choose which since he's part of the whole faction waifu war himself, being a professed fan of Asuka.

Putting that aside, it seems like you've failed to understand the "whole", and that you've failed to understand singular aspects of Evangelion.
>>
>>147403225
To be precise, 3.0 caters to the following types of persons:

>Kaworu fans
This is the case because it elevates Kaworu into an extremely important position not just in the plot, but the Evangelion universe itself. He's effectively the only conscious person over the entire thing now.
>Asuka fans
This is because Asuka is also extremely elevated from her rather pathetic and insignificant position in the original, where she was a simple human who got wrecked by reality. In the new canon, she gets away with everything and looks cool doing it - it's like taken from a fanfic.
>Fans who didn't understand Evangelion beyond the surface shock value
Because let's face it, parts of Evangelion are shocking even if you don't understand why it's shocking. Bombastic imagery and known symbols make people raise eyebrows and get confused. 3.0 gives you that, the shock value and extremely heightened melodrama.
>>
File: donald trump what.jpg (34KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
donald trump what.jpg
34KB, 500x500px
>>147403100
he is?

see this is what I don't even get. Some of you seem to think he's pandering too much, some of you think he's not pandering enough. Or you have some convoluted idea that he's not pandering enough to some specific fanbase within the eva fanbase. I don't even know what to make of this kind of stuff because I never think about it.

All I wanted was a different version of my favourite postmodern mecha anime. So far, that's what I've gotten. If anything I'd say my enjoyment of 3.0 is partially contingent on where the story goes in the last movie, I spent a lot of time watching the movie wondering where the hell it could go now.

>>147403225
This kind of rationale I can at least understand. I can definitely see how someone would be bored during parts of 3.0. I definitely liked the timeskip and just the setting of everyone hating Shinji. I thought if anything he spent too much time on Kaworu+Shinji.

>>147403276
>in your example Rei had less screentime than Asuka in NGE, and in the Rebuilds Rei has more screentime than Asuka, and that includes Q

dude this is the thing.

I NEVER think about shit like this.

Ever.

Ever. It never occurs to me.

I don't care about this pandering shit. I don't know fuck all about the Eva fanbases. I don't know what the fuck Evageeks is. I just wanted to watch a movie and see what Anno did with it. I'm not even some giant fan of 3.0, it's my least favourite of all the Eva movies because it seemed to mostly be set up for the last movie.

I thought the whole point of Rebuild IS to do something different with Eva. He doesn't have to "destroy" anything, if you want to rewatch the tv series and EoE, go rewatch it. I thought Rebuild and the tv series were SUPPOSED to be different canons, I thought the characters and events are SUPPOSED to be different.

Genuinely and overwhelmingly the main criticism of Rebuild always appears to be "Anno didn't turn the plot into what I wanted the plot to be."
>>
>>147403586
>I thought the whole point of Rebuild IS to do something different with Eva.

Rebuilds were only ever advertised as a straightforward movie retelling of the series that was only supposed to take a coupl years to complete. Shit diverging at the end of 2.0 was supposed to be a twist. Of course, it's just fucking like Anno to turn the remake into a sequel then turn it in a whole different direction. It's an idea that's fantastic on paper, I just think the way they implemented it in 3.0 is dumb.
>>
>>147403586
>see this is what I don't even get. Some of you seem to think he's pandering too much, some of you think he's not pandering enough.

You don't get it because you keep inventing strawmen. No one is saying he isn't pandering enough. We're saying he's pandering too much.

>I don't even know what to make of this kind of stuff because I never think about it.
You don't think, period. That's the problem. We have patently poor writing and characters in 3.33, and you never stopped to think why. You should even have understood it instinctively, because if you have any form for empathy or sympathy you can understand precisely why it took the direction it did. It's literally screaming it at you.

There are a billion criticisms that are all irrefutable concerning 3.33's lack of cohesiveness or realism, in 2016 we all acknowledge them unless you're a brainwashed otaku dunce. The question has long ceased to be about whether or not 3.33 is bad, it's always been about WHY it is bad. That's where you can get actual answers.

You know what? You don't even need to know the fanbase, evageeks, or any other part of what I've mentioned. You just need to use your brain. You just need to try to understand. Over twenty years we've seen clear trends in the treatment of EVA's characters, trends that never change. That alone is plenty to determine bias and thus the possible cause for reducing quality in follow-up Evangelion works.

What you thought was wrong, and this:
>Genuinely and overwhelmingly the main criticism of Rebuild always appears to be "Anno didn't turn the plot into what I wanted the plot to be."

is a dumb strawman. The criticism is roughly:

>3.33 has awful characterization, development, sense of realism and practically no depth
>The reason it has the above flaws is because Anno focused more on twisting the plot to pander, he wanted a result he couldn't realistically achieve.
>Anno did this because he has a petty need to cater to himself as an Asuka fan
>>
>>147403999
>Anno did this because he has a petty need to cater to himself as an Asuka fan

I disagree with this part because I'm a raging Asukafag and I sure as fuck don't feel like 3.0 pandered to me, but the rest is pretty much right. Is it still pandering if it's done so badly the people you're trying to pander to hate it?
>>
>still hasn't explained what is the key of nebuchadnezzar besides the fact that it seems to be adam's replacement in the story or some shit
>Mari is there only to hog screentime that could be used to develop other characters; she hasn't had any of her own
>the characters in general are a lot less complex than they used to be
>the timeskip is not bad on itself, but it was handled very poorly by throwing all previous characterization out the window and some of the plot with it as well (third impact about to happen > kaworu comes from the moon "lol how about no" and in the end 1.0 and 2.0 were only a setup so everybody could be mad at Shinji in a post-post-apocalyptic world)
>and then in 3.0 we also get another cancelled impact just so Kaworu dies and Rei's replacement could make baby steps in questioning her own identity
>where the fuck is Kaji and why was he mentioned only once in 3.0
>who the fuck am I quoting

I really think they wrote themselves on a corner with 2.0's ending, which is why 3.0 ended up being what it is. They just throw more Evas and impacts at us.
>>
File: character asassination.png (1MB, 1600x1992px) Image search: [Google]
character asassination.png
1MB, 1600x1992px
>>147403586
>hurr durr I never think about shit like this

You don't really have to think. It comes to you automatically. It's like driving down an intersection and understanding that "green means go". It's obvious, it's like noting that it's hot on a sunny day and wet on a rainy one. You don't have to actually give it any though, so it's clear you're full of shit. These are entirely autonomous connections your brain is literally wired to make, it's biologically hardcoded into your genes, it's what makes humans a successful species for christs sake. The ability to make connections.

But seriously, the problem is that when it comes to thinking, you just fucking don't. You've either shut your brain off, you have brain damage, or you are simply so biased that you're currently deluding yourself.
>>
>>147404193
Isn't there an interview somewhere where Anno admits he had no idea what he was going to do for 4.0 when he finished 3?
>>
>>147402393

>It's not subjective when it relates to the quality of the story and Rebuild as a whole.

Well, first of all, as I said, I'm not expecting the story of Rebuild to be as good as the original, mostly because of obvious time limits.
But the story still got me interested, and honestly surprised me. Suddenly Misato is in space and organized against Nerv? Now that's some plot twist. I honestly never stopped to think how Anno was being evil to a part of the fanbase. In fact, when I was younger I was a reifag and she's still my "favorite", so to speak, but I won't judge the whole work just based on 1 character.

Also, the way I see it, each character had their time on screen, Rei was a lot on 1.0 (and a big chunk of 2.0, including the ending part), Asuka had moments in 2.0 and some in 3.0, and Kaworu had a lot of attention in 3.0, it was basically a very long, time-skip'ed episode 24. Fans always complained that they wanted more Kaworu, it's understandable. Very popular character that really got very little time on the original.

Overall, I wasn't expecting something that surpassed the original. I also wasn't expecting the movies to "cater" to any specific character fanbase. The animation and general direction was good, the movie got me hooked the 2 times I watched it, it has powerful scenes and it left me wanting to see the final one so badly.

>It's the opposite. You need a knack for personal appropriation of EVA to like Q.

What do you mean exactly?
>>
>>147404150
All Asuka fans aren't the same. The vast majority is similar, but it doesn't change the fact that Anno is an Asuka fan, and he has shown tendencies to be bitter about Rei's popularity versus Asuka's. Coincidentally, so have the vast majority of Asuka fans.

So whether or not you feel personally pandered to, doesn't actually matter. The facts are that glorifying Asuka is Asuka-fan pandering no matter how you twist it. That's how it works, it's a full-on flattery of Asuka's character to the point of rewriting it so that it is no longer Asuka.

The same goes for Rei, only in the opposite direction, she's been rewritten to the point that the character on screen quite literally, even in the canon, doesn't appear to be Rei. I was going to make a point of this, but you don't agree simply because Anno's sins incriminate Asuka fans, and you feel a belonging to that group. So you feel hit by the actions of Anno.

It's the same with race, if I told you all white people are trash that live privileged lives based on the abuse and oppression others, there's no doubt a lot of people that feel offended and hurt by that - even if they aren't guilty, or that what I said was just an insulting lie. Pick any race/group + insult combo, and you get the same reaction. We're hardwired to be social creatures who form attachments to groups.

Hence you referring to yourself as a "raging Asukafag".

The enemy here is Hideaki Anno, for seeking to pander to Asukafags and taking it much, much too far.
>>
>>147404467
>The enemy here is Hideaki Anno, for seeking to pander to Asukafags and taking it much, much too far.

I can agree with that, at least.
>>
>this thread
3.0 was good and 2.0 sucked dick
>>
>>147399026
>Tv series over EoE

pfff hahahaha
>>
>>147404650
>3.0 was fun and 2.0 sucked dick

Much better now
>>
File: Rei_in_LCL_tank_(Rebuild_3_0).png (815KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Rei_in_LCL_tank_(Rebuild_3_0).png
815KB, 1440x900px
>>147404208
Rei is the only decent person besides Shinji, everyone else are petulant assholes, literally too retarded to live and downright evil. And I don't even like Poka Rei, she may belong to Clannad rather than Eva but at least she's not a hideous person
>>
>>147404362
>Also, the way I see it, each character had their time on screen, Rei was a lot on 1.0 (and a big chunk of 2.0, including the ending part), Asuka had moments in 2.0 and some in 3.0, and Kaworu had a lot of attention in 3.0, it was basically a very long, time-skip'ed episode 24. Fans always complained that they wanted more Kaworu, it's understandable. Very popular character that really got very little time on the original.

Fake, politically correct opinion to cover up for the fact that you're a 3.0-supporter. What you said makes zero fucking sense. No one but kaworufags complained that he didn't have enough screentime, and they are a minority group compared to the enormous evangelion fanbase. 3.33 is the objectively worst evangelion work in terms of rating from the audience, so that simply isn't true.

So can you quit lying already? First you're someone who always loved Evangelion "as a whole", and now you're a Reifag? Let me tell you one thing, if you were actually a Reifag in any way, you'd hate 3.33 like the rest of them, because it has actually gone all out in reducing Rei's character.

It spends more time on talking down Rei than it does developing any other character. Think about that before you claim you've got some favorite or only think of "the whole". None of it makes sense, unless you're one hundred percent thoughtless.

>What do you mean exactly?
I mean that you need to be a fanfiction-loving otaku dreamer, because 3.33 is so shallow and void of characterization and substance that only such a person would be able to enjoy it. So they can self-insert, dream and imagine the information that misses - to take ownership of 3.33, to appropriate it in their own fanfiction-verse.

Rather than attempting to understand it on a more hard, factual basis that evokes truth, the 3.33 fan must as a rule enjoy the work for their own often unsavory otaku reasons.
>>
>>147404771
>Rather than attempting to understand it on a more hard, factual basis that evokes truth, the 3.33 fan must as a rule enjoy the work for their own often unsavory otaku reasons.

Isn't that the whole point of Eva?
>>
File: chart for dumb people like you.png (2MB, 4002x5676px) Image search: [Google]
chart for dumb people like you.png
2MB, 4002x5676px
>>147404724
Rei is no person in the Rebuild canon. It has gone to enormous lengths to dehumanize Rei and to make her as much as a non-person as possible. There is simply put, no story or any future for the character. So if everyone else was literally Hitler in different costumes, they'd still be preferable for the audience than Rei in Q, something virtually ALL polls show.

You say Misato et al are too retarded to live, which may be true in a humouristic sense, but the only one that is actually true for is Rei in 3.33 who literally doesn't know what words such as "like" mean.
>>
I miss arguing about eva
>>
>>147404887
No, it's quite strongly the opposite.

Even if we disregard that, it's still disgusting on a general basis that otaku such as the lot over at evageeks or ff.net spend days of their lives getting off sexually and emotionally to twisted, fucked up versions of a work, and worse is it that they force it on everyone else and actively try to ruin others enjoyment.
>>
>>147405067
That's what I meant, isn't the whole point of Eva to insult and mock those people, yet every time Anno tries to fuck over a waifufag he just makes the series even more popular with the otaku scum he hates despite being one.
>>
>>147404771
You ever consider 3.0 might have been a commentary on the franchise itself?
>>
File: 0aa51d55.jpg (110KB, 489x647px) Image search: [Google]
0aa51d55.jpg
110KB, 489x647px
>>147405189
>That's what I meant, isn't the whole point of Eva to insult and mock those people, yet every time Anno tries to fuck over a waifufag he just makes the series even more popular with the otaku scum he hates despite being one.

No, that is not the point. Anno himself is a huge waifufag, and the more free reign you give him, the more waifushit he produces. Evangelion was only possible because Anno was under a budget, a schedule, and under control from the network to avoid things like nude fanservice and so on.

Anno doesn't do "fucking over waifufags", he does "strenghtening his own waifufag position". That inherently involves fucking over other waifufags, such as Reifags. To do this, he needs to ruin one of his work's most popular and important characters, Rei, because her popularity now stands in the way of his waifu's prosperity. Even if Anno goes all out in reducing Rei, he still ends up relying on the character for nearly everything of plot and emotional turnover, and as a result Rei now has more focus than Asuka, despite the opposite being true in NGE.
>>
>>147405503
Of course I did. Then like every other non-retarded person, I threw that possibility where it belongs: into the trash.

Even if it was intended to be such a commentary, at the moment of production Anno and anyone knowledgeable enough would be able to instantly understand what it was that they had made, and what adverse effects it'd have on the franchise and general audience. In other words, it would be entirely ineffective and seem totally insincere.

Even if Anno honestly tried something like that, he'd subconsciously and automatically pander to himself anyway. Not just by writing, but by associating himself with people who agree with him. The actual director/writer of 3.33 is a huge Asukafag, and his name is Tsurumaki. If Anno didn't do that, Tsurumaki would - but Anno as the owner would still be responsible.
>>
>all these crybaby Reifags

We all lost something in rebuild, not just you.
>>
>>147405752
Some lost a penny, some lost a fortune. Some became rich.

You didn't lose shit except respect for damage-minimizing.
>>
>>147405866
>Some became rich.

I think that's just Anno
>>
>>147405955
Anno is an Asukafag, and Asukafags were enriched by the pandering in this metaphor.

So yes, Anno did became rich and so did the vast majority of Asukafags now getting HARD into Shikinami. There's far more fanart and SS of Shikinami being produced.
>>
>>147404771
>>147404362
This, and NO EVAFAG EVER WOULD ACCEPT THAT THEIR FAVORITE GETS LESS SCREENTIME TO MAKE ROOM FOR FUCKING GAY PIANOS.
>>
>>147406287
I don't get the gay piano thing. It was as sincere as it gets with the homofag. When they watch the stars together it's when Kaworu starts acting creepy again.
>>
>>147400797
Is that a Kawoshin amv with some Rei Q thrown in?
>>
Rei a shit.
>>
>>147398501
With her return it also means a new song to accompany Kingdom Hearts 3.
>>
Rei>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>slutsuka
>>
>>147397656
>it's a "Reifag is a delusional self-victimised moron" post
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.